• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D.I.C.E awards 2021 - Hades scoops another GOTY

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/dice-awards-2021-all-the-winners

• Game of the Year: Hades
  • Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Hades
  • Outstanding Achievement in Game Design: Hades
  • Action Game of the Year: Hades
  • Adventure Game of the Year: Ghost of Tsushima
  • Family Game of the Year: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Fighting Game of the Year: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
  • Role-Playing Game of the Year: Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Sports Game of the Year: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1+2
  • Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Immersive Reality Game of the Year: Half-Life: Alyx
  • Mobile Game of the Year: Legends of Runeterra
  • Online Game of the Year: Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
  • Outstanding Achievement in Animation: The Last of Us Part II
  • Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Ghost of Tsushima
  • Outstanding Achievement in Character: Miles, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition: Ghost of Tsushima
  • Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design: Ghost of Tsushima
  • Outstanding Achievement in Story: The Last of Us Part II
  • Outstanding Technical Achievement: Dreams
  • Immersive Reality Technical Achievement: Half-Life: Alyx
  • Outstanding Achievement for an Independent Game: Hades

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Can't take seriously an award show that names Mario Kart Live best racing game and doesn't award Microsoft Flight Simulator for outstanding technical achievement.

I could kind of (barely) understand why someone would vote for Dreams for the latter, but there aren't enough Picard facepalm pictures on the internet for Mario Kart Live's award, really.

Last edited:

mxbison

Well deserved, excellent game.

And I say that as someone who really enjoyed TLOU2, but Hades is such an incredible achievement in every aspect coming from such a small dev team.

ZywyPL

Banned
Pretty nice list, all well deserved, except I don't know what the award for "Character" is for? Last time I checked people weren't happy about Miles instead of Peter Parker.

reksveks

Is there any game which is made by Microsoft Games Studio, in this list?
Flight Sim if you think that it was a collaborative process which i think it was cause there is a shit tone of Azure stuff in the back end but completely Microsoft, nope.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Rea

kuncol02

Banned
Flight Sim if you think that it was a collaborative process which i think it was cause there is a shit tone of Azure stuff in the back end but completely Microsoft, nope.
It's as much MS game as Ratchet and Spiderman on PS4 were Sony games. Even more actually because Flight Sim is using modified forza engine and Turn10 was helping Asobo in FS development.

reksveks

It's as much MS game as Ratchet and Spiderman on PS4 were Sony games. Even more actually because Flight Sim is using modified forza engine and Turn10 was helping Asobo in FS development.
Forgot that it was a modified Forza engine but yeah, to me it's classification is kinda irrelevant generally though, just a great game. Hope Asobo and MS continue to work together on Flight Sim and more games.

Kuranghi

Hades is on my list since people have raved about it so much, even though I'm not normally into rogue-lites, just need to find a place to get it a bit cheaper now, I've missed out on sales and my flatmate who buys all games like this got it on EGS so can't get it from our shared library :lollipop_sad_relieved:

I checked Steamdb and even though its like 3 quid RRP in the cheapest regions they must've completely locked down the regional keys so its the basically the exact same price on (non-dodgy) grey key sites as Steam or EGS.

I feel an EGS voucher sale coming again soon though, I'll grab it via that if/when it comes.

Top Bottom