• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D23 Expo Japan -- Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater

UPDATE: Trailer has not been posted online. Check below for a summary.

Trailer summary as far as we know translated from Japanese viewers who went to the event.

• Adds more to the Eraqus-Xehanort conversation.
    Eraqus to soon become Master, Xehanort talking about Keyblade War (see below)
  • The new attraction flow we have a screenshot of
  • More footage of Tangled and Hercules Worlds
  • More normal combat in general
  • A new nobody that shares a theme with Marluxia
  • A touching scene with Sora, Axel, and the ones who reside in Sora's heart sharing a tender moment.

Rough Translation from KHInsider of the Full Eraqus-Xehanort conversation in the new KH3 Trailer:

New lines of dialogue are in bold

Xehanort: Have you heard of the Ancient Keyblade War?
Eraqus: Of course I do.
Xehanort: That thing where long, long ago, Keyblade Wielders struggled over the light
Eraqus: Yeah, the Master's favorite story.
Xehanort: I guess they wanted to use the light they'd struggled for to make Kingdom Hearts appear, and do something
Eraqus: Guess so… I can't understand the reason why anyone'd start a war
Xehanort: So, you know of the Lost Masters
Eraqus: What's that?
Xehanort: They're the ones who started the Keyblade War.
Eraqus: Never heard of them.
Xehanort: No, more like, it was for their sake… I think.
Eraqus: What are you even talking about?
Xehanort: You can drop the facade.
Eraqus: Know what?
Xehanort: On that land shall darkness prevail and light expire. You'll soon be up for masterhood candidacy, there's no way you don't know.
Eraqus: Well.
Xehanort: The staring eyes see all. The future, it's already been written.
Eraqus: Who's to say I can't change it, and maybe Light will prevail.
Xehanort: You're rather confident. But aren't you at a disadvantage in this match?
Eraqus: But unlike Darkness, there is more to Light that meets the eye. You might be surprised.
Xehanort: Oh, I hope so.

Kingdom Hearts III
CS3z9hyWcAAjDj7.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage
7FcYJU9.jpg

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
0cfNGVm.jpg

The "Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater" event is happening tonight with more news and possibly a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3!

During the special “Kingdom Hearts Premium Theater” event, they’ll have a talk show and we’ll also get to see the latest footage of the Kingdom Hearts series. Disney hope to make it into a special experience that can reach the hearts of Kingdom Hearts fans.

As far as the schedule goes, it’ll be held twice on November 3rd. The first one will go from 13:00 to 14:30 JPT and the second will go from 16:00 to 17:30 JPT. The two showings will feature the same content.

t1446523200z4.png

I thought it'd be appropriate for us to have a thread to discuss the news to come out of the event and possible streams and photos people are able to grab from it.

Tizoc

Well shit this starts at the last hour of my night shift....when the morning shift starts coming in...

Regardless this is how the trailer should be:
It'll feature the worlds we've seen already along with showing off the Frozen world, along with a few other surprises and worlds not in previous KH games.
Then the screen goes dark for a bit
Sephiroth and Cloud and slammed to a nearby wall and Sora and co. turn to see who was so powerful to do that to those 2 powerful warriors, then you hear it
The breathing
Then a light sabre lights up and Imperial march plays and you see
DARTH VADER

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO IT ALREADY S-E.

If the last presentation of KH3 was anything to come by, my hype and expectations are extremely low for this one. Still awaiting some new info though.

Stream pls >.>

God, if they don't stream this after streaming the one piece of concept art for BH6, I'll be salty.

But I wonder what we'll see. New worlds? Or BH6's world in action? Or Nomura says he's learning from the FFXV marketing team and shows us nothing =P

Hype!

If the last presentation of KH3 was anything to come by, my hype and expectations are extremely low for this one. Still awaiting some new info though.

They confirmed video footage.

Tirod

When they announce Frozen, I hope they'll have more than just concept art and a basic outline of the plot.

Elsa hype!

I'd like to hope there's something of substance there. I can understand the BH6 reveal being not too big since that was a Disney Interactive Panel, but this is a Theater Event for the series.

I'd like to see them announce Utada returning to make another song for the series. That would be pretty great.

Should we expect anything from this event ? A trailer maybe ?

They said video footage, yes.

We don't know if it's a trailer, or if it'll feature new gameplay/worlds/whatever, but they've confirmed videos of the game.

Technically it could even be a closed theater where they show some prototypes and stuff like they did last year (or 2013, I forgot).

Churro

Stream pls >.>

God, if they don't stream this after streaming the one piece of concept art for BH6, I'll be salty.

But I wonder what we'll see. New worlds? Or BH6's world in action? Or Nomura says he's learning from the FFXV marketing team and shows us nothing =P

Hype!

They confirmed video footage.

There has been no announcements regarding an official live stream so far. This event will be closely similar to the KH HD 2.5 Remix Launch Event in Burbank last December. So we'll have to see what goes down during reception (which is where pictures should be allowed).

sappyday

I remember people saying for sure we'll be getting a Frozen announcement at this one. Something about Frozen being really big in Japan (it's big everywhere though) and it would be the main spot for it to be announced.

The only reason I want Frozen as a world is the chance that we might get a battle theme close to this fan's rendition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q073Ha7JK8Y

Stream pls >.>

Hype!

IIRC the streams of the last one were done by the people on the audience using an app.

We'll have a playable floor demo by 2017 at this rate.

Sorry, just still incredibly bitter from the wait for EU localisation for KHII. That took the fucking biscuit.

ash_ag

I'm a little bummed they went with Big Hero 6, the real super hero was robbed
http://acmelimited.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/WDINT396-update.jpg[/QUOTE]

Darkwing Duck is highly respectable, but I want to focus on a more realistic possibility at the moment.

[quote][img]http://i.imgur.com/m7ixf6Z.png

PK is the GOAT.

I remember people saying for sure we'll be getting a Frozen announcement at this one. Something about Frozen being really big in Japan (it's big everywhere though) and it would be the main spot for it to be announced.

People bring up Frozen's popularity in Japan because it's the third highest grossing movie ever there (only trailing Spirited Away and Titanic).

SOLDIER

Well shit this starts at the last hour of my night shift....when the morning shift starts coming in...

Regardless this is how the trailer should be:
It'll feature the worlds we've seen already along with showing off the Frozen world, along with a few other surprises and worlds not in previous KH games.
Then the screen goes dark for a bit
Sephiroth and Cloud and slammed to a nearby wall and Sora and co. turn to see who was so powerful to do that to those 2 powerful warriors, then you hear it
The breathing
Then a light sabre lights up and Imperial march plays and you see
DARTH VADER

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY DO IT ALREADY S-E.

Imagine a boss fight that has you fighting both Darth Vader and Sephiroth at the same time.

"It's as if thousands of fan boys cried out...."

well i get home when this starts so lets go

i just hope any footage is quickly uploaded to youtube after and not in like a weeks time like it was last time

Yeah that was me lol. I used Periscope to stream while in attendance.

that was you? cool thanks for doing that

People bring up Frozen's popularity in Japan because it's the third highest grossing movie ever there (only trailing Spirited Away and Titanic).

Yes! is Spirited Away no.1?

The best movie. I want a KH world of Spirited Away >.>

But yeah, if they did put Frozen into the game (which they did) it'll be announced in Japan for sure.

Keep Marvel and Star Wars out

Because Kingdom Hearts is a ridiculous anime protagonist floating through Disney Princess stained glass windows, and just because they can doesn't mean they should.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is going to be awesome (I hope)
Think we'll hear the new Utada song? Probably too much...

Top Bottom