• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die PC Build ?

From D4 Thread
ohwhat5qxnk.png

ohcomeon26ya2v.png

Gestault

Not a real confirmation, but boy would that be a welcome development. The game is just an interesting, and eventually, exciting trip. D4 was a neat little sidestory among the games I've played this gen, and it's worth checking out even just for curiosity's sake. No, I can't guarantee you'll love it, but I think that's part of the draw.

I'll get the vapors if a follow-up gets announced, and the addition of a PC version would mean that much larger a potential market for it. I feel like this may play into the cross-buy efforts between Xbox One and Windows10, and it's encouraging even just seeing the prototyping that's happening behind the scenes.

Zukuu

Banned
Hope it'll sell better
aka at all
on the PC, so we get the next episode. I liked what I've seen and I want to see more. (won't play it tho)

Bessy67

It would be pretty shitty if MS didn't allow a PC version amidst all this talk of their first party games possibly coming to PC. Plus a PC version might mean a better chance of more episodes!

Corpekata

Banned
See, this would've been a good low key game to announce today as a token of good faith about MS's attitude toward PC. Not a huge title so doesn't really lose them anything, but has enough of a following to convince some people.

Orayn

"We made a PC version. It works perfectly. Not sure if we'll release it though."

Ok...

"It works perfectly" is probably an initial assessment. Additional time and money would have to be spent on additional QA/testing, sending it back to ratings boards, etc. Access Games wasn't exactly rich to begin with and the game may well have lost money on XB1, so they might not be able to afford those added expenses.

That said, I really hope this winds up happening because I will buy it at a high price.

bathsalts

Seems like something that would do well on PC, wonder what the apprehension about releasing it would be if its already made unless he's just trolling or maybe its some legal shit with ms.

Guri

He didn't say it was working perfectly. It could be just a test with a small part of the game to see if it could work. Now that it does, they can work more on it.

Xiraiya

Well considering it apparently runs on the Unreal engine, I guess it was only a matter of time before we would get some news about a PC version.

Corpekata

Banned
Seems like something that would do well on PC, wonder what the apprehension about releasing it would be if its already made unless he's just trolling or maybe its some legal shit with ms.

Was published by MS on Xbox. Not sure who owns the IP and game so they might need to have MS publish it again or at least get permission.

def sim

Was published by MS on Xbox. Not sure who owns the IP and game so they might need to have MS publish it again or at least get permission.

It's funded by Microsoft and owned by Access Games.

Steam, Windows 10 store, or both. I hope they do something, anything with it.

I would be extremely surprised if this didn't show up on PC.

I'm sure swery is just waiting for the okay from MS though since they own the rights.

Access own the IP but Swery has said before that because MS funded it, its Xbox One exclusive (paraphrased). They would probably have to be consulted although I doubt they would have a big problem with it

MavFan619

Banned
It's my favorite Xbox One exclusive so far I would love it to succeed by any means. Because I need my next episode!

Xiraiya

Whether it ended up on Steam or not, I'd be willing to buy it just to support it to see more episodes come out.

Top Bottom