• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Da'esh (ISIS) |OT| 21st century Evil and menace to Civilization | News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

params7

Banned
Just read this morning about the bomb blast near Hilla.

ISIS and their indoctrination of child soldiers:
How Islamic State is training child killers in doctrine of hate

A new generation of Isis recruits is being developed in the Islamic State’s “caliphate”, indoctrinated with religious concepts from birth, and viewed by its fighters as better and purer than themselves, according to the first study of the exploitation and abuse of children as a means of securing the group’s future.
Notes on the Syrian exodus: ‘Epic in scale, inconceivable until you witness it’

Researchers for Quilliam, a London counter-extremism thinktank, have investigated the way Isis recruits children and indoctrinates and trains them for jihad. As many as 50 children from the UK are growing up in Islamic State-controlled territory, with an estimated 30,000 foreign recruits, including more than 800 Britons, believed to have gone to Syria to fight.

The authors state: “The organisation … focuses a large number of its efforts on indoctrinating children through an extremism-based education curriculum, and fostering them to become future terrorists. The current generation of fighters sees these children as better and more lethal fighters than themselves, because rather than being converted into radical ideologies they have been indoctrinated into these extreme values from birth, or a very young age.”

The authors conclude that Isis also appears to have studied the Nazi regime, which created the Hitler Youth to indoctrinate children. The UN has received credible but unverified reports about an Isis youth wing, Fityan al-Islam, meaning boys of Islam.

Isis also uses children to try to normalise brutality, with the group encouraging children to hold up decapitated heads or play football with them. In the past six months Islamic State propaganda has depicted 12 child killers. A macabre recent video showed a four-year-old British boy apparently detonating a car bomb, killing four alleged spies trapped in the vehicle.

Suen

Just read this morning about the bomb blast near Hilla.

ISIS and their indoctrination of child soldiers:
How Islamic State is training child killers in doctrine of hate
Not surprising. Look at the previous page where you saw pictures of Alawite children being indoctrinated by ISIS. These guys have destroyed future generations, however since a great deal of the locals in the areas ISIS infested welcomed them and were happy about them I suppose they see this as some sort of success, at least when it comes to their children.

The same guys who freely move between Turkey and Syria, the same guys who share the same ideology as SA and Qatar. One is a NATO member, the latter two among the strongest allies in the region of many Western countries, many of them NATO members. Not that it matters much when some NATO members thinks Russia should be prevented from bombing Al-Qaida and are completely fine and silent about another one of their NATO members butchering Kurds.

CcX20cdXEAA_GrR.jpg

CcX20iAWoAAclp4.jpg

CcX20lyXIAIPWCP.jpg

CcX2019WwAAyX3s.jpg

Pictures above show Alawite children kept captive by Jabhat Ansar al-Din. They are basically given religious education (on how to become a terrorist). Basically these guys killed their parents, or killed their fathers and took their mothers as sex slaves, similarly to what ISIS did to Yezidis.

Think JAD is just some another radical Sunni outcast in Syria? Think again, not only does JAD have connections to JAN (at the very least ideologically), but they are part of JAF. JAF is actively supported by Turkey and Saudi Arabia. Another fine example of the West's and their Middle Eastern allies (one of them a NATO member) "moderate rebels"

What does it have to do with ISIS?
Also what is your source for the bolded? I searched twitter for "alawite children" and found this:
@green_lemonnn
#Syria Alawite Children held by AQ linked JAD are given religious education. #IS did same w/ some Yezidi children
And especially this:
zRmMJmk.png

So you basically just paraphrased some dude on twitter?

Suen

What does it have to do with ISIS?
Also what is your source for the bolded? I searched twitter for "alawite children" and found this:

And especially this:
zRmMJmk.png

So you basically just paraphrased some dude on twitter?

What it has to do with ISIS? What kind of silly question is this? People are aware of what ISIS is, they are less likely to be aware of who a group with similar ideology like JAD are.

I love how you are trying to provoke and insult me here with some nonsense like "lol you paraphrased some dude on twitter" so let me return the favor. There's countless of reports where ISIS and similar groups killed parents opposing them and took their children. The fact that they are raising child soldiers isn't exactly a top secret, and even if there weren't any reports on it the pictures on the net showing children holding severed heads or executing non-Sunnis, government-affiliated people or people accused of ridiculous things is widely available.

Let's take it a step further. Here are two tweets from the official twitter account of Haraket Sham Al Islam:

Tweet 1
hsi_1.png

Tweet 2
hsi_2.png

Since you are some native German guy who probably can't even read one letter in Arabic yet spend much of your time immersed in anti-russian digital environments while enjoying the privilege of acting as an expert for situations affecting "brown people", similar to many western "analysts" safely staying in Washington, London and in some safe hotels in Middle East while not having any connections whatsoever to the land or region I'll kindly summarize to you what the tweets are saying: giving religious education on the Quran and they specifically mention that it is for Alawite children.

However I don't want to stop here. Given your aggresive mentality with anything involving the Russians you might even accuse the official account for HSI to be some conspiracy by the Russians to make them post terrible news about themselves so let's take a look at the pictures before you think Russians photoshopped them. The first thing you can tell is that it's a broadcast from JAD's channel, based on the logotype and the text mentioning their own name. The second thing is the subtitles in the broadcast which, once again since you can't read (lol) also mention that religious education on the Quran is being given to Alawite children.

Now why would I mention that their parents have been killed or that their mothers have been taken as sex slaves? Because of two points

1. There's plenty of reports of ISIS killing Yezidi men and taking their women sex slaves. It's not absurd then to assume that groups that share similar ideology would and have committed similar atrocities
2. The ideology ISIS, HSI and JAD follows consider Alawites to be infidels and lawful to kill. It doesn't exactly make sense then that their parents would hand over their children to people who follow an ideology that openly states they must be killed for what they believe in now would it you genius?

HSI is a designated terrorist group by your own best pals the US. It is a part of JAD, JAD is a part of JAF. JAF is supported by the West's best allies in the region, it's their and your "moderate rebels". Once again you're here subtly trying to defend these kind of guys due to your anti-russian mentality. Well color me surprised (not).

"Hello. My name is Phantast2k and I'm a terrorist apologist". Unfortunately I'm not interested in discussions with terrorist apologists so any further reply from you will be ignored. I suggest you to not waste your time writing one. Have a nice Sunday evening.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Don't think this was posted here when released: IRAQ: MILITIA WAR CRIMES IN MUQDADIYA HIGHLIGHT AUTHORITIES’ PERSISTENT FAILURES TO HOLD THEM TO ACCOUNT

Some extracts

On 11 January, a suicide bomb attack took place in a café owned by a member of the Shi’a community and known to be popular among young people in the al-‘Asri neighbourhood of Muqdadiya, Diyala province. There were also media reports that Shi’a militia members were in the vicinity. A few minutes later, a car bomb exploded outside the café as rescuers and the crowd gathered to help. The bomb attacks killed 27 Sunni and Shi’a men and injured 41, according to figures given to Amnesty International by the Head of Muqdadiya City Council, Adnan al-Tamimi.

[...]

On the evening of the bomb attacks, and during the following days, armed Shi’a militia members went on the rampage, abducting and killing Sunni men and burning and destroying Sunni mosques, shops and property in various neighbourhoods in Muqdadiya, including al-‘Azzi, al-Hurriya, al-'Asri, al-Filisteen, al-'Askari, al-Souq, al-Mo’alimeen, Dour al-Sifr and al-Ahmar and the nearby village of al-Qubba.

[...]

Other eye witnesses told the organization that some of the abductions and killings of civilian Sunni men and the destruction of Sunni property took place in broad daylight, in some cases in front of the security forces who did not intervene to stop the attacks or apprehend the attackers. They also said militia members were driving police vehicles and using loudspeakers calling on Sunnis to leave the town, and that the words irhal (leave) or matlub damm (we call for blood/revenge) were written on Sunni homes. Local residents have told Amnesty International that scores of people were abducted or killed.

[...]

Sunni journalists who covered the events in Muqdadiya were also targeted. On 12 January, alSharqiya television channel reporter, Saif Talal, and cameraman, Hassan al-‘Ankabi, were forced out of their car by militiamen at a checkpoint in Abu Sayda area, south-west of Muqdadiya, and shot dead, according to a statement by the television channel.

[...]

Scores of Sunni men from Muqdadiya and surrounding areas are still unaccounted for and are feared dead. On 21 January, a medical source in Muqdadiya reported to the media that some 70 bodies had been left at the city’s hospital as families were too scared to go collect them. The source was quoted by media as stating that many of the bodies could not be identified as they had been disfigured as a result of torture or by being burned.

[...]

This is not the first time that Shi’a militias in Diyala province have carried out summary killings and other serious violations against the Sunni population with impunity. Similar incidents took place in January 2015 when government security forces and allied militias carried out reprisal killings of local Sunnis suspected of supporting IS and burned homes and mosques after they recaptured areas in the province from IS. They carried out extrajudicial executions of at least 56 Sunni Muslims in Barwana, a village west of Muqdadiya, after rounding up local men, ostensibly to check their identities. The victims were shot, mostly while handcuffed and some blindfolded. Following the Barwana massacre, Iraqi Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, said he had ordered an official investigation into the attacks. No information about the investigation or its procedures were made public and no one was brought to justice.

Given ISIS like to style themselves as noble protectors of the Sunni population from the depredations of the Rafidah, the crypto-Safawiyyah, and the Crusaders, this sort of thing is very dangerous. Shia Islamist militants loyal to and supported by Iran operating under the cover of Western air support is bad optics as is. Adding crimes against Sunni populations into the mix is playing right into ISIS' hands, especially when it's perceived that the perpetrators do so with impunity of even the implicit approval of the state.

What it has to do with ISIS? What kind of silly question is this? People are aware of what ISIS is, they are less likely to be aware of who a group with similar ideology like JAD are.

I love how you are trying to provoke and insult me here with some nonsense like "lol you paraphrased some dude on twitter" so let me return the favor. There's countless of reports where ISIS and similar groups killed parents opposing them and took their children. The fact that they are raising child soldiers isn't exactly a top secret, and even if there weren't any reports on it the pictures on the net showing children holding severed heads or executing non-Sunnis, government-affiliated people or people accused of ridiculous things is widely available.

Let's take it a step further. Here are two tweets from the official twitter account of Haraket Sham Al Islam:

Tweet 1
hsi_1.png

Tweet 2
hsi_2.png

Since you are some native German guy who probably can't even read one letter in Arabic yet spend much of your time immersed in anti-russian digital environments while enjoying the privilege of acting as an expert for situations affecting "brown people", similar to many western "analysts" safely staying in Washington, London and in some safe hotels in Middle East while not having any connections whatsoever to the land or region I'll kindly summarize to you what the tweets are saying: giving religious education on the Quran and they specifically mention that it is for Alawite children.

However I don't want to stop here. Given your aggresive mentality with anything involving the Russians you might even accuse the official account for HSI to be some conspiracy by the Russians to make them post terrible news about themselves so let's take a look at the pictures before you think Russians photoshopped them. The first thing you can tell is that it's a broadcast from JAD's channel, based on the logotype and the text mentioning their own name. The second thing is the subtitles in the broadcast which, once again since you can't read (lol) also mention that religious education on the Quran is being given to Alawite children.

Now why would I mention that their parents have been killed or that their mothers have been taken as sex slaves? Because of two points

1. There's plenty of reports of ISIS killing Yezidi men and taking their women sex slaves. It's not absurd then to assume that groups that share similar ideology would and have committed similar atrocities
2. The ideology ISIS, HSI and JAD follows consider Alawites to be infidels and lawful to kill. It doesn't exactly make sense then that their parents would hand over their children to people who follow an ideology that openly states they must be killed for what they believe in now would it you genius?

HSI is a designated terrorist group by your own best pals the US. It is a part of JAD, JAD is a part of JAF. JAF is supported by the West's best allies in the region, it's their and your "moderate rebels". Once again you're here subtly trying to defend these kind of guys due to your anti-russian mentality. Well color me surprised (not).

"Hello. My name is Phantast2k and I'm a terrorist apologist". Unfortunately I'm not interested in discussions with terrorist apologists so any further reply from you will be ignored. I suggest you to not waste your time writing one. Have a nice Sunday evening.

I asked you for the source which led you to the bolded claim. Since I'm used to you providing zero sources with your posts I went to search on my own and found a claim on twitter which pretty much matched your own. The rest of your write-down are (crazy) insinuations.

And you still did not provide any sources for said claim. So, at the end of the day, it's still apparently your own interpretation of those pictures (and the Harakat Sham tweet). If so, present your interpretation as such and do not sell it for a fact.

The fact that they teach Alawite children Quran does not equal to the fact that they killed their parents and made their mothers into sex slaves.

Also I wonder what Shiite jihadists do with stray Sunni children, I do hope they also teach them the Quran. But then, when hybrid Assadist take towns & villages after a series of barrel & cluster bombs there's not much left of those children.

CHEEZMO™;197713939 said:
Don't think this was posted here when released: IRAQ: MILITIA WAR CRIMES IN MUQDADIYA HIGHLIGHT AUTHORITIES’ PERSISTENT FAILURES TO HOLD THEM TO ACCOUNT

Some extracts

Given ISIS like to style themselves as noble protectors of the Sunni population from the depredations of the Rafidah, the crypto-Safawiyyah, and the Crusaders, this sort of thing is very dangerous. Shia Islamist militants loyal to and supported by Iran operating under the cover of Western air support is bad optics as is. Adding crimes against Sunni populations into the mix is playing right into ISIS' hands, especially when it's perceived that the perpetrators do so with impunity of even the implicit approval of the state.

There's videos of some of that too. This is definitely playing into ISIS hands.

Suen

Spain seizes 20,000 ISIS, al-Nusra uniforms

Authorities in Spain have seized 20,000 uniforms and supplies "able to equip an army" of jihadi fighters, Spain's Interior Ministry announced on Thursday.

The uniforms were confiscated in a police operation that led to the neutralization of a "very active and effective business network," whose primary purpose was to provide a steady flow of military supplies to the terrorist organizations ISIS and al Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra, said the ministry.

The uniforms were hidden in shipping containers and declared as "secondhand clothes" to avoid suspicion and pass through customs inspections.

Spanish police released a photo showing the camouflage uniforms wrapped in large bundles. Officials said the uniforms were stored among other clothing.

Two of the three containers were intercepted at a port in Valencia and one at Algeciras in an anti-terror operation conducted on February 7. The containers were being shipped to areas controlled by ISIS and Jabhat al-Nusra in Iraq and Syria, said the ministry.

Seven individuals, suspected of providing financial and logistical support to the terrorist groups, were also arrested in the operation.
Lots of problems with sleeper cells consisting of Syrians and North Africans in Spain. Spanish police refused to reveal where the supplies were headed but Turkey and North Africa are probably reasonable targets before getting them to Syria and Iraq.

Suen

and the Shia genocide continues:

The death toll will obviously be higher than that.

So to keep up with death tolls from recent attacks: over 200 Iraqi Shia Muslims killed in just one week
Death toll from Hilla bombings up to 50 now according to some channels. 47 seems to be the official ammount for now though.

edit: death toll raised to 63.

Suen

^ don't think the above has been posted here before, just skimmed through it, some parts looks ridiculous but seems worth reading anyway.

Repors from Iraq that tribes in Ramadi are blowing up and destroying homes of locals who joined ISIS. Seems like they are (after all) following the orders their sheikhs gave out after returning to the liberated Ramadi. Similar revenge actions were carried out by tribes in Tikrit and other Sunni areas after they were liberated by IA and PMU. Yezidis also did the same in Sinjar. Not that I blame them, filthy terrorist collaborators who sold out their country have no place in the country's future. It's interesting to see how the western media has been silent about this, meanwhile if this were Iraqi Shia taking revenge we all know how it would play out: the pro-GCC western media would be all over it like wild pigs.

It will be interesting to see if the local police force or the army will deal with the tribal violence. Often they don't or can't because it's a complicated mess but a tribal dispute that led to violence in Basrah recently resulted in the army being sent to quell the violence so something similar could occur now.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I'll believe it when ISIS themselves confirm it. Dude's been killed more times than Khamis Gaddafi and Deso Dogg at this point.

Suen

Chemical attacks on civilians in Shia Taza the past few days largely being ignored by the western media , their "experts" and "analysts". Same with the lack of coverage on chemical attacks on Kurdish forces although that received slightly more attention. I guess you need to sympathize or be on a "moderate rebels" side to get it and have your life considered valuable.

Suen

GCC pulls back their "aid" from Lebanon, tell their citizens to leave, declare Hezbollah as a terrorist organization and now after that ISIS coincidentally (lol) threatens Lebanese security forces and politicians with confrontation. What a surprise.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
ISIS put out a video of their Deir ez-Zor offensive from a few months ago. It's mostly combat footage, footage of dead enemy fighters etc. Then some pretty graphic executions.

However the last section of the video is dedicated to showing off the ghanima from the Ayash weapons depot. Entire warehouses stocked with materiel. A little armour too. I was going to take some screencaps but there's so much and I'm too lazy atm, however here's a small slice of it

https://twitter.com/oryxspioenkop/status/689780717656641536
https://twitter.com/CTstudies/status/709829651955376128
https://twitter.com/acordoba11/status/709908560965046272

Unfortunately Oryx says they aren't gonna do a writeup for this one like happened with previous major seizures.

Valhelm

contribute something
That's bad news, but how relevant is a single small arms munitions cache when ISIS is fighting a two-front war and constant air strikes?

Kolx

GCC pulls back their "aid" from Lebanon, tell their citizens to leave, declare Hezbollah as a terrorist organization and now after that ISIS coincidentally (lol) threatens Lebanese security forces and politicians with confrontation. What a surprise.

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization and their action in Syria demonstrate that. Also why would GCC support ISIS when they have been attacking the rebels for years now?

Tweet 1
hsi_1.png

Tweet 2
hsi_2.png

the tweet clearly says "who were abandoned". That's clearly saying they didn't kill their parents. So basically your only source is saying the opposite of what you're claiming?

Suen

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization and their action in Syria demonstrate that. Also why would GCC support ISIS when they have been attacking the rebels for years now?
They haven't been carrying out air strikes against ISIS in Syria for month, it's one of the least targeted groups by GCC. Those air strikes have gone towards slaughtering Yemenis and carrying out war crimes there. In more recent news there's footage of Saudi's coalition in Yemen fighting together with Al-Qaida, something that was pretty obvious last year. You should try following the news even if it hurts seeing your boys beaten by a bunch of barefoot Yemeni rebels and the Yemeni army.

Hezbollah's action in Syria show them fighting on a secular dictator's side killing terrorists, some who come from your own country. Unlike your boys they at least aren't fighting to install a religious theocracy, not everyone enjoys living like you do. The Gulf and Arab countries under their payroll can call them whatever they want, but if these guys are terrorists I don't want know what the hell GCC countries would be considered as if you follow their logic. Especially when Saudi Arabians make up the largest amount of ISIS fighters, largest amount of ISIS sympathizers/supporters, send prisoners/terrorists to go fight in Syria, violently suppress their own minorities and minorities of neighboring countries, support Islamist parties in other countries among a bunch of other things. Don't even get me started on Yemen. Hezbollah has a long way to go to reach the same magnitude and influence.

Not surprised you'd consider a group fighting a bunch of terrorists as the terrorists though. The gulf doesn't like when their buddies get attacked, it's natural.

the tweet clearly says "who were abandoned". That's clearly saying they didn't kill their parents. So basically your only source is saying the opposite of what you're claiming?
Of course it says they were abandoned. Do you think it would look good otherwise? You'd have to be in full denial to believe they were abandoned. Their ideology calls for them to be killed and this is what they've done, the actions they've shown in both Iraq and Syria are enough proof of how specific minorities are treated. Kids are valuable though, good way to get good new brainwashed soldiers.

Suen

That's bad news, but how relevant is a single small arms munitions cache when ISIS is fighting a two-front war and constant air strikes?
Not much unless it becomes a regular pattern. If they lose more land then this is just going to be something barely worth mentioning and anti-Assad gang would simply use it as propaganda to show Assad's side giving up weapons to the terrorists. A few days ago the "moderate rebels" lost weapons to the AQ branch in Syria as well and some pro-Assadists tried to make the biggest deal out of it as well. Also depends on how well SAA will do in the coming months against the "Sunni" Caliphate. Sometimes SAA lose land only to reclaim it again soon after, things are a bit dynamic in some areas. If they were to start losing land again then news like this would be more concerning.

Suen

Turkey and Saudi supported Ahrar (main rebel group) saying they won't stop fighting until the current regime is overthrown and Islam becomes the new law. No buts or ifs. Pretty sure this reminds me of other groups...hmmm.

Thank god we have Saudi Arabia in this world to fight terrorism.

edit: and just to be fair some European countries are fond of this group too. I guess they want to help establishing a new Sunni Islamic State.

Kolx

They haven't been carrying out air strikes against ISIS in Syria for month, it's one of the least targeted groups by GCC. Those air strikes have gone towards slaughtering Yemenis and carrying out war crimes there. In more recent news there's footage of Saudi's coalition in Yemen fighting together with Al-Qaida, something that was pretty obvious last year. You should try following the news even if it hurts seeing your boys beaten by a bunch of barefoot Yemeni rebels and the Yemeni army.

Hezbollah's action in Syria show them fighting on a secular dictator's side killing terrorists, some who come from your own country. Unlike your boys they at least aren't fighting to install a religious theocracy, not everyone enjoys living like you do. The Gulf and Arab countries under their payroll can call them whatever they want, but if these guys are terrorists I don't want know what the hell GCC countries would be considered as if you follow their logic. Especially when Saudi Arabians make up the largest amount of ISIS fighters, largest amount of ISIS sympathizers/supporters, send prisoners/terrorists to go fight in Syria, violently suppress their own minorities and minorities of neighboring countries, support Islamist parties in other countries among a bunch of other things. Don't even get me started on Yemen. Hezbollah has a long way to go to reach the same magnitude and influence.

Not surprised you'd consider a group fighting a bunch of terrorists as the terrorists though. The gulf doesn't like when their buddies get attacked, it's natural.

Of course it says they were abandoned. Do you think it would look good otherwise? You'd have to be in full denial to believe they were abandoned. Their ideology calls for them to be killed and this is what they've done, the actions they've shown in both Iraq and Syria are enough proof of how specific minorities are treated. Kids are valuable though, good way to get good new brainwashed soldiers.

They didn't carry attacks because the US didn't ask for their involvement and they made that clear many times. Also, you might want to follow the news since the collation in Yemen right now is fighting Al-qaeda in Adan but I guess it's fine not to mention that since it's against your agenda. Saudi don't send supporter to ISIS and I want some source on that. As for your part this is the only source you have and you're going to use YOUR interpretation as an evidence? lol you might want to bring an actual source because your interpretation is not one. Also, do you have numbers on how many civilians died from GCC attacks in Yemen? because I can get you 10x this number from the attacks of your beloved Hezbollah collation in Syria.

Also, saying GCC has been defeated in Yemen is just nonsense. Yes, they might have expected things to go faster but they have just took most of Taiz after Adan (2 of the biggest 3 cities in Yemen) and They're 30km away from the capital. How is this considered a defeat? specially when you consider how Houthis were sure they were going to storm all of Yemen before GCC involvement.

Also, saying GCC has been defeated in Yemen is just nonsense. Yes, they might have expected things to go faster but they have just took most of Taiz after Adan (2 of the biggest 3 cities in Yemen) and They're 30km away from the capital. How is considered a defeat? specially when you consider how Houthis were sure they were going to storm all of Yemen before GCC involvement.

Quite a lot of people are convinced the footage released by the Houthis is how every fight goes with the Saudis humiliated by a bunch of guys in flipflops rather then a selection carefully made to make it look so.

Suen

They didn't carry attacks because the US didn't ask for their involvement and they made that clear many times. Also, you might want to follow the news since the collation in Yemen right now is fighting Al-qaeda in Adan but I guess it's fine not to mention that since it's against your agenda. Saudi don't send supporter to ISIS and I want some source on that. As for your part this is the only source you have and you're going to use YOUR interpretation as an evidence? lol you might want to bring an actual source because your interpretation is not one. Also, do you have numbers on how many civilians died from GCC attacks in Yemen? because I can get you 10x this number from the attacks of your beloved Hezbollah collation in Syria.

They didn't carry out any attacks because they got bogged down in Yemen and shifted their focus there, besides why would they bomb guys who follow the same ideology they do? Saying it's because US didn't ask for it is ridiculous when they were involved in carrying out airstrikes back in 2014. Also implying that Saudi Arabia give two shits about whether US asks it to carry out airstrikes or not is laughable. It's actively funding radical Sunni Islamist groups in Syria whose ideology does not differ much from ISIS, it talked about sending ground troops to Syria (to fight against ISIS even though it's officials mainly talked about Assad) and has already sent warplanes to Turkey. It also hosted a conference where it tried to unite its Sunni Islamist terrorist brothers before the peace talks last month in Geneva.So much for caring about some magical US orders about not getting involved lol.

Saudi Arabia supporting terrorists and sponsoring/funding a Salafist/Wahhabi ideology across the world through its mosques is not exactly a secret or something kept hidden. Using Syria as an example we see which groups it supports which serves as good recent evidence when these groups are Jaish Al Islam and Ahrar Al Sham among others. There's plenty of media about these Sunni Salafist Islamist groups and what their goals are. As an example, please see my post above regarding the goal of Ahrar. There are plenty of other ways to see the connection between Saudi Arabia and terrorism:

Examples such as the sectarian Saudi Sunni coalition fighting together with Al-Qaida against the Houthis/Yemeni army, something that was only recently covered a short moment

The Saudi coalition fighting alongside terrorists is nothing new. Yemeni journalists and observers on the ground mentioned last year that there was an obvious and seemingly well-coordinated combined attack on the Houthi-Saleh forces by the Saudi coalition from the air and AQ from the ground. For the average joe in the western world though they'd probably need something as "credible" as BBC to even hear about it moreso when their image of GCC is likely to be a "positive" one thanks to massive amount of money spent by GCC on lobbying and public relations to have them represented by poweful American firms in Washington , and thanks to money spent on journalist to give them a lovely image to the rest of the world.

Joe Biden also admitted in a Harvard(!) lecture that Saudi Arabia, Turkey and their Gulf allies supplied weapons to Al-Nusrah/AQ and other Sunni Jihadist groups who are designated as terrorist groups (and who are still being supported by Saudi Arabia & Turkey)

man look at all those students waving Hezbollah flags and listening to Pro-Assadist Joe Biden.

We also have the leaks, the Saudi cable. One of the leaks shows Saudi Arabia's foreign minister proposing to establish connections with Sunni tribes and politicians in Iraq (many of these guys are former regime, pro-Saddamist/Baathists tribes who fought alongside AQ against US in Iraq in the Anbar region) to undermine the Iraqi government and have them work for Saudi Arabia's terrorist policies in Iraq. Among the people are the Dulaimi tribesmen and other terrorists like Ali Hatem Sulaiman who resides in Erbil at KDP's warm invitation (not the first terrorist they host). These guys called for violent attacks against ISF so it's no wonder KRG and Saudi Arabia have a close relation when both have no problems with terrorists.

Another leak shows how Saudi Arabia had communication with Al-Hashemi, who at the time was wanted on charge of terrorism (and he still is). He was also warmly welcomed and hosted in Erbil (once again thanks to the KDP dictatorship). This is the same guy who called the ISIS invasion of Mosul as the Iraqi Spring.

Another leak shows the Saudi GID financially assisting Kurdish Islamists in KRG with "charity" and media/political support.

Another leak shows the son of terrorist and war criminal Izzat al-Douri requesting to have a meeting with the ambassador of Saudi Arabia in Yemen to deliver a message from his father. This guy's father is the same guy who represents an outlawed political party responsible for some of the worst crimes in modern history, a party responsible for much of the terrorism in Iraq. The same person who is responsible for attacks on ISF, Iraqi civilians and US personel since 2003.

Saudi Arabia providing financial support to Hikmat Azzawi, the former deputy prime minister in Saddam Hussein's government, a person on US most wanted playing cards and a terrorist. Similarly another terrorist, Adnan Al-Dulaimi (from the same tribe that called for attacks against ISF) who was the boss of Saddam's legal defense team, and who maintains strong relationship with the outlawed Baath party residing in Jordan (and Syria...you know back when you liked your thug Assad before you worked with US to incite sectarian tensions in Syria in 2006), maintains a strong relationship with Saudi Arabia.

Another leak has the former Republican Guard (Saddam's dogs) personally contacting the Saudi embassy in Jordan to tell them to not attend the Arab League summit in Baghdad back in 2012 since they were planning to target all attendees if it was held there.

Looks like lots of Islamists and terrorists turn towards Saudi Arabia (or in certain cases Saudi Arabia reaches out to them) for financial support, contact and other benefits. Jeez I wonder why.

The sectarian Sunni coalition dropping cluster bombs on densely populated areas in Yemen. Right from HRW, and this one was reported when no civilian casualties were confirmed yet. Since then more were dropped and civilians have died for them. Not only is it a violation of laws of war but it amounts to war crimes. That's like terrrorism directly from them.

Turkey and Saudi Arabia alarm the West by backing Islamist extremists the Americans had bombed in Syria - no more need to be said about this.

Another piece that reveals some interesting points - Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country

Some time before 9/11, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, once the powerful Saudi ambassador in Washington and head of Saudi intelligence until a few months ago, had a revealing and ominous conversation with the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove. Prince Bandar told him: "The time is not far off in the Middle East, Richard, when it will be literally 'God help the Shia'. More than a billion Sunnis have simply had enough of them."

This is a statement that resonates very well with John Kerry's (politically motivated) speech about ISIS responsible for genocide against Yezidis, Christian, Shias, Turkmen, Shabak and other minorities, and one that resonates very well with UN

Continuing further on the piece:
He does not doubt that substantial and sustained funding from private donors in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, to which the authorities may have turned a blind eye, has played a central role in the Isis surge into Sunni areas of Iraq. He said: "Such things simply do not happen spontaneously." This sounds realistic since the tribal and communal leadership in Sunni majority provinces is much beholden to Saudi and Gulf paymasters, and would be unlikely to cooperate with Isis without their consent.

and another interesting bit of it:
The forecast by Prince Bandar, who was at the heart of Saudi security policy for more than three decades, that the 100 million Shia in the Middle East face disaster at the hands of the Sunni majority, will convince many Shia that they are the victims of a Saudi-led campaign to crush them. "The Shia in general are getting very frightened after what happened in northern Iraq," said an Iraqi commentator, who did not want his name published. Shia see the threat as not only military but stemming from the expanded influence over mainstream Sunni Islam of Wahhabism, the puritanical and intolerant version of Islam espoused by Saudi Arabia that condemns Shia and other Islamic sects as non-Muslim apostates and polytheists.
The ideological thought of the last part is shared by both ISIS, KSA and Qatar, an ideology you surely are very familiar with since you live in the region.

The article also mentions leaked US official documents, one of them from 2009 from Hillary Clinton:

Saudi sympathy for anti-Shia "militancy" is identified in leaked US official documents. The then US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton wrote in December 2009 in a cable released by Wikileaks that "Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qa'ida, the Taliban, LeT [Lashkar-e-Taiba in Pakistan] and other terrorist groups." She said that, in so far as Saudi Arabia did act against al-Qa'ida, it was as a domestic threat and not because of its activities abroad. This policy may now be changing with the dismissal of Prince Bandar as head of intelligence this year. But the change is very recent, still ambivalent and may be too late: it was only last week that a Saudi prince said he would no longer fund a satellite television station notorious for its anti-Shia bias based in Egypt.
and no, the policy since then hasn't changed. It's obviously become worse with the tension between SA and Iran.

The German vice-chancellor accusing Saudi Arabia of financing Islamic extremism in the West by funding Islamist mosques and communities in the West, mentioning that many of the Islamists who pose a threat to public security comes from the very same communities and mosques funded by Saudi Arabia.

The German spy agency BND, while not mentioning terrorism directly, cite Saudi Arabia as a huge risk for the destabilization of the region. They could have probably said more but there would be political and diplomatic repercussions for that. They do point out support to the opposition group which mostly consist of Sunni Jihadists

The first UK inquiry in ISIS funding mentions that it's most likely dependent on funds from wealthy Gulf States.

Saudis have also sent death-row inmates accused of rape, murder, rape and drug smuggling to go and fight in Syria, so basically a bunch of savages from various countries facing capital punishment in the kingdom being sent abroad to kill.

Between 2-3k Saudis joining ISIS, measured in early 2015. It's per captita and they are only behind Tunisia and Jordan in countries with a majority Muslim population.

77835444_syria_foreign_fighters_chart_20140926.gif

BxwDc02IcAEN2bp.jpg

Source here

Daily Paul put it at 7000. Note that this probably does not account for all the Saudis captured or killed at the Iraqi-Saudi border. Contrary to the claim of Iraq's ISIS (Saudi) ambassador of no terrorist passing the borders ISF and volunteers capture/kill ISIS fighters of Saudi nationality on a weekly basis, with occasional periods of quieteness.

It's worth noting that thanks to Saudi Arabia promoting the ideology ISIS follows for decades through state-sanctioned mosques in Asia, US and Europe it has given a climate where the recruitment and spread of ISIS and their ideology is much stronger. To say that much of the radicalization of the Sunni Muslim youth in US, Europe, South Asia and Southeastern Asia hasn't been done intentionally by SA is being intellectually dishonest.

Also stuff like this doesn't help either about Saudi Arabia and their role in terrorism:

Biggest amount of Pro-ISIS tweets come from Saudi Arabia

Former Imam of Masjd Al Haram - the Grand Mosque in Mecca - saying that ISIS shares the same ideology as them

That's not to mention current imams that stand at the Grand Mosque preaching pretty nasty stuff about Muslim minorities on their loudspeakers, all while you probably have those same minorities attending their pilgrimage there at that moment.

We also have former Saudi Army officers like Colonel Qahtani becoming AQ's security chief in Iraq. Captured and taken nicely care of by ISF some years ago.

Also, if you don't call the brutal and violent oppression of your country's minority and the minority of neighboring countries as terrorism then I don't know what to tell you. You won't silence the violent oppression going on in Qatif.

That Saudi would send support to ISIS is one of the least unbelievable things here, moreso when it supports groups that are very similar and have thousands of its citizens joining ISIS and thousands of sympathizers in it while spouting the exact same ideology ISIS does in Mecca.

As for my interpretation, I think the genocides comitted by these groups is enough of an evidence to assume that parents don't leave their kids to someone who wants to kill them for their faith. Use common sense. Would you say that a propaganda video of children of "moderate rebels" in Assad's control are merely there because their parents abandoned them? We all know how it would play out in the Sunni and Western world.

Saudi Arabia supports terrorism, funds terrorism and spread the ideology of terrorism across the world, and I know which camp you are in.

Suen

The sectarian Saudi Sunni coalition fighting AQ in Aden? lol. In what fucking magical world is that? Islamic State has grown in strength and become a competing force with the Yemeni AQ branch. Not only have they carried out bombings and alike in the sectarian Sunni coalition controlled south where they've grown the most in strength, but they've even reached the capital and targeted Shia civilians there with bombings.

Similarly under the sectarian Saudi Sunni coalition controlled south the AQ branch in Yemen last year seized a coastal city, the fifth largest one in Yemen.

US-Backed war in Yemen is strengthening Al Qaida

Not only is Saudi Arabia failing to stop the group’s expansion, but some fear the kingdom is colluding with AQAP to fight the Houthis, Iranian-backed rebels whom Saudi Arabia considers a bigger threat. Indeed, there have been reports that AQAP and Saudi Arabia worked together in the initial efforts last month to push the Houthis out of Aden.

AQ holds more land than the Houthi rebels in Yemen

During the last few weeks, al-Qaeda in Yemen consolidated its grip in southern Yemen, capturing at least six towns on the Arabian Sea, securing about half of the Yemen coast and a quarter of the country’s land. Taking advantage of the turmoil, the terror group holds more lands than the Houthi rebels, stretching vertically in the center of the country for 270 miles from the Saudi border in the north to the Arabian Sea in the south, and 420 miles horizontally from north of Aden, Yemen’s second largest city in the southwestern corner of the country, to the village of Qusay’ir in the east.

Last Saturday, al-Qaeda militants stormed the town of Ahwar that connects two of the terror group’s controlled territories on the Arabian Sea. After killing a local leader of the town, they raised their black banners on the government buildings. Al-Qaeda hasn’t been this strong since a decade ago, when it controlled much of the Sunni parts of Iraq before the U.S. surge of forces in 2007.

Three Yemeni provincial capitals are now run by al-Qaeda. The port of al-Mukalla on the Arabian Sea, the country’s fifth largest city and the capital of Yemen’s largest province in size, was captured by the terror group in April 2015 after a two-week battle. The militants released 300 inmates from the city’s prison, including top al-Qaeda’s commanders. They also captured several army camps with dozens of tanks, a military airfield, a presidential palace, an oil facility and the branch of Yemen’s central bank that held millions of U.S. dollars.

Forces on the ground are not fighting against AQ or their spread, nor against IS.

Local resistance to AQ barely exists. Bounties have instead been placed against leaders who previously fought against AQ in Yemen in 2012.

The sectarian Saudi coalition has mostly focused on combatting Houthi-Saleh forces. Fighting against AQ was described as a long-term objective with the fighting against Houthis and restoring "stability" being the first objective. In other words they don't give two fucking shits about AQ and IS growing presence in southern Yemen which is supposed to be under their control, and this was according to live briefings from a general at a conference for New American Security last month. Besides operations from recent months shows that the targets are not even in AQ controlled areas but in areas with Houthi-Saleh presence.

Also why do you (conveniently) fail to mention that the Yemeni army are fighting with the Houthis? Is it from your potentially sectarian mindset to make it look like it's simply Shia fighting against you?

So to summarize: AQ and IS are much stronger since the sectarian coalition started their operations...this happened UNDER their presence. AQ controls more land than the Houthis. They have captured cities, and ISIS is growing to become a competing force with them. ISIS has reached the capital, and AQ is fighting alongside the sectarian Coalition. The sectarian coalition's primary objectives of this is to not battle AQ. This is even more evident when they target civilians (with cluster bombs), cultural centers, world heritage sites, hospitals, markets, farmers and more all while allowing very little aid to enter the country.

Not only that, but in Mr.Kolx world where the sectarian coalition is fighting against AQ the very same coalition has managed to cause twice as many civilian casualties as all the other forces fighting in Yemen. That's some amazing progress against AQ. There's a thread for this on GAF if you want to discuss it.

Maybe I should take gaffer Mr.Kolx words saying they are fighting AQ and that that's all there is to it.

Also in what way does it matter how many civilians that have died in Yemen or how many that have died from Assad's warplanes or pro-militias on his side? The fact is that your boys are killing, and they are killing a lot. You called Hezbollah terrorists, I said it's fine for you to call them whatever you want. I've now shown you why your filth is worse in every way compared to...what did you call it...my "beloved Hezbollah". No matter how much credible or propaganda-based news you reply back with regarding Hezbollah or the death toll caused by them (and yes they've killed civilians) is going to change this.

Also, saying GCC has been defeated in Yemen is just nonsense. Yes, they might have expected things to go faster but they have just took most of Taiz after Adan (2 of the biggest 3 cities in Yemen) and They're 30km away from the capital. How is this considered a defeat? specially when you consider how Houthis were sure they were going to storm all of Yemen before GCC involvement.
Houthis are inferior in every single way as a group. You are having an entire Sunni coalition with members from it that have a modern organized military with modern equipment. They are receiving full support from US, UK and France; among the most powerful countries in the world. Support comes in form of logistics, weapons and intelligence. Despite this AQ and IS gained ground in areas you controlled, however I wouldn't call this a defeat but something you turn a blind eye to and something that serves your purpose. Not only can't you defeat a bunch of rebels that are inferiorly equipped in every single way with less armed men, but you constantly lose weapons to them, have your jets bombed, your tanks destroyed and your soldiers killed.

These same inferiorly equipped and trained rebels are making incursions into Saudi territory, capturing fucking land in Saudi Arabia barefoot. This has forced your Saudi pals to deploy thousands of troops to defend their borders, and even then Houthi-Saleh forces are gaining territory in Saudi Arabia.

Meanwhile Saudi economy is going down the drain and it's starting to struggle. The sectarian Saudi Sunni coalition is winning so greatly that their members are hiring Colombian and other Latin mercenaries to fight in Yemen. They've also embedded Eritrean troops with coalition members which violates an UN resolution regarding Eritrean military activities

Oh and as if Latino mercenaries aren't enough you are also depending on British Military advisors and other former western military advisors in your war.

You've truly convinced me that you are winning and not struggling with all these factors considered. Sorry to say this but in my world I'd call anyone who doesn't see this as a defeat as someone being delusional and living in an alternate dimension.

Quite a lot of people are convinced the footage released by the Houthis is how every fight goes with the Saudis humiliated by a bunch of guys in flipflops rather then a selection carefully made to make it look so.
See above. I understand you though, it probably sucks when your Sunni jihadist pals have to rely on footage from Medal Of Honor (maybe Hezbollah learnt it from them) to show their progress against Houthis lol.

Syrian Army poised to retake Palmyra
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syrian soldiers and their allies advanced to within 1 km (half a mile) of Palmyra on Thursday and soldiers speaking from the outskirts of the historic city said they hoped to recapture it from Islamic State fighters within hours.

The Syrian army is trying to retake Palmyra, which the ultra-hardline Islamist militants seized in May, to open a road to the mostly IS-held eastern province of Deir al-Zor.

The recapture of the desert city would be one of the most prominent successes for President Bashar al-Assad since Russia launched a military intervention in September which turned the tide of Syria's civil war in his favor.

Palmyra is the site of ancient Roman-era temples and colonnades - many of them destroyed by the militants - as well as being a strategic link between the west and east of Syria.

vityaz

Wasn't sure where to post this, couldn't find a general Syria war thread.

Anybody think this is real?

Military forces from North Korea are fighting in Syria to support the regime of President Bashar al-Assad, an opposition official said.

“Two North Korean units are there [in Syria], which are Chalma-1 and Chalma-7,” said Asaad al-Zoubi, head of a delegation for the Syrian opposition’s High Negations Committee (HNC) to the Geneva talks.

Speaking to the Russian state agency TASS, Zoubi stressed that the North Korean troops are “fatally dangerous”.

“Those two North Korean units are there to support the Assad regime,” he said.

The Syrian opposition has earlier claimed that the North Korean regime is providing military support to Assad in Syria.

In early 2013, former president of the Syrian National Council, Burhan Ghalioun, had said that North Korean pilots were flying in the Syrian Air Force.
source

Wasn't sure where to post this, couldn't find a general Syria war thread.

Anybody think this is real?

source
Here is the original statement: http://tass.ru/en/world/864368
A more in depth article: Are North Koreans fighting in Syria? It’s not as far-fetched as it sounds. - The Washington Post

No clear evidence of it from the ground, as far as I know. There have pictures / videos of dead Asians who were fighting for Assad. But 1) it's not clear they're from NK and 2) not clear they've been part of an official NK contingent.
Both regimes are very friendly though.

FSA advancing on ISIS territory, apparently with close air support of A-10s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClZxVYafvLA
(first time I see it being done for FSA, roughly 5 years too late too...)

ISIS' second in command apparently killed by U.S. spec ops, not air strike:

CNN: Carter: U.S. killed ISIS senior leader - YouTube

/Surge in U.S. troops expected in Iraq: Pentagon moving to increase US troop numbers in Iraq soon

These photos show how the Marines are using their new fire base in Iraq against ISIS - The Washington Post

Photographs and information released by the U.S. military provide new details about a fire base recently established by the Marine Corps in northern Iraq to target Islamic State militants, including its austere nature and how troops arrived there last week.

The base’s existence was kept secret by the Pentagon until Monday, two days after Marine Staff Sgt. Louis Cardin was killed there by an incoming rocket. He was a member of the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, an amphibious task force from Camp Lejeune, N.C., that typically travels on Navy ships and has been called on to temporarily bolster the campaign against the Islamic State. The base includes four 155mm M777A2 Howitzer cannons, and is located a few hundred yards from a larger Iraqi base outside the town of Makhmour where U.S. military advisers have been training Iraqi troops.

Information released with the photos details how the outpost was established by Marines who flew in on Army CH-47 helicopters from Camp Taji, a base on the outskirts of Baghdad. They arrived under cover of darkness March 17, and were launching artillery at Islamic State infiltration routes by the following day, the military said. The M777A2 can launch rounds at least 22 miles — well into nearby Islamic State territory, but not as far as the Islamic State-controlled city of Mosul, which is about 60 miles northwest.

The Marines are labeled in captions released with the photos as members of Task Force Spartan, a designation that was not previously disclosed. About a company of Marines — typically a couple of hundred troops — are involved, Defense Department officials said. Other Marines provide force protection at the larger, nearby Iraqi base where the U.S. advises the Iraqis.

xJguWhB.jpg

buG1Q71.jpg

hz55RwX.jpg

ezmjOcg.jpg

This could've been the base where a U.S. marine has been killed by ISIS:

Marine killed in Isis attack died at unpublicised US-only base in Iraq | US news | The Guardian

The US marine who was killed in a rocket attack on Saturday died at the first exclusively American base established in Iraq since the Pentagon returned forces to the country in 2014, a spokesman said on Monday.

The base, whose existence had not previously been public, has come under fire from ever closer range over recent days, an indication that Isis knew about the outpost before the Pentagon announced its creation.

While the US military described the base as at least 15 kilometers away from the frontline, Fire Base Bell came under small-arms fire again on Monday morning, indicating an advancing enemy which was targeting the newest symbol of the US military’s return to Iraq.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Contrasting fortunes on the Syria theatre. In the far north along the Turkish border, FSA fighters from the Azaz pocket have for the last few weeks been pushing east, taking a number of villages from ISIS.

Tried to find a good map

CfN-PTHWAAASW0G.jpg:large

Meanwhile in the extreme south, the sorta-affiliate of ISIS Liwa Shuhada al-Yarmouk (the isolated blob you see abutting the Golan in control maps) has recently made some small gains, but have started to be pushed back in the last few days. You can read more about it here.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
New issue of Dabiq is out. It's about what you'd expect: stuff about the Belgium attacks, more calls to kill the "Imams of Kufr" etc, a big section shit-talking the Muslim Brotherhood. Near the end it features an article written by John Cantlie, talking about European, UK and US hostage, negotiation and ransom policy.

They also seem to want to make a point that they are trying to establish a presence in Bangladesh. They claim a couple of small attacks earlier in the issue, then has a eulogy for a Bangladeshi foreign fighter, and then caps off the issue with an interview with the Emir of this supposed new Bengali franchise.

He talks about how they need to protect the persecuted Muslims in Burma, but before that happens they need to establish a stronghold in Bangladesh to consolidate and strike forth from. Says that one of the obstacles to this is the presence of Hindus, Sufis and Christians etc, and that "Sharī’ah in Bengal won’t be achieved until the local Hindus are targeted in mass numbers and until a state of polarization is created in the region, dividing between the believers and the disbelievers", which is quite ominous.
Also talk of long-term hopes to co-ordinate with ISIS in Af-Pak to carry out attacks in India.

CHEEZMO™;200887270 said:
New issue of Dabiq is out. It's about what you'd expect: stuff about the Belgium attacks, more calls to kill the "Imams of Kufr" etc, a big section shit-talking the Muslim Brotherhood. Near the end it features an article written by John Cantlie, talking about European, UK and US hostage, negotiation and ransom policy.

They also seem to want to make a point that they are trying to establish a presence in Bangladesh. They claim a couple of small attacks earlier in the issue, then has a eulogy for a Bangladeshi foreign fighter, and then caps off the issue with an interview with the Emir of this supposed new Bengali franchise.

He talks about how they need to protect the persecuted Muslims in Burma, but before that happens they need to establish a stronghold in Bangladesh to consolidate and strike forth from. Says that one of the obstacles to this is the presence of Hindus, Sufis and Christians etc, and that "Sharī’ah in Bengal won’t be achieved until the local Hindus are targeted in mass numbers and until a state of polarization is created in the region, dividing between the believers and the disbelievers", which is quite ominous.
Also talk of long-term hopes to co-ordinate with ISIS in Af-Pak to carry out attacks in India.
I'm surprised they're targeting Bangladesh, out of all the countries. They'll have better luck in the MENA region.

This Week Under The Black Flag
Some more summary from me:

Syria:
ISIS has regained some territory from the rebels near Turkish border and from Assad's hybrid forces near Khanaser (s-e of Aleppo):
Islamic State advances near Turkish border and east of Aleppo | World | Reuters

The use of the term Assad's hybrid forces is especially appropriate here, because ISIS posted pictures of their spoils from the aforementioned offensive. A lot of which originated from Iranian:
Islamic State Captures Masses of Iranian-supplied Weaponry Near Khanasir - bellingcat
Here's a list:
Ammunition:

– 18,010 rounds of 7.62×39 and 7.62x54R ammunition.
– 430 rounds of 12.7×99 ammunition.
– 90 rounds of 12.7×108 ammunition.
– 2634 rounds of 23mm ammunition.
– 26 rounds of 60mm ammunition.
– 30 rounds of 106mm ammunition.
– 3 rounds of 107mm ammunition.
– 30 rounds of 122mm MRL ammunition.
– 45 rounds of artillery ammunition.
– 43 charges for artillery rounds.
– 55 (PG)-7 rocket-propelled grenades.
– 7 RPG boosters.
– 39 grenades.

Weaponry:

– 64 7.62mm AK(M)-47s.
– 5 7.62mm PKMs.
– 2 7.62mm SVD Dragunov.
– 1 7.62mm PSL.
– 1 12.7mm DShK.
– 1 14.5mm KPV.
– 10 RPG-7s.
– 1 60mm mortar.
– 1 130mm M-46 field gun.
– 2 122mm D-74 field gun.
– 1 152mm D-20 howitzer.
– 1 M40 106mm RCL.

Vehicles:

– 1 T-72M1 (equipped with the Sarab-1).
– 1 122mm 2S1 Gvozdika.
– 1 Safir.
– 1 GAZ-3308s.
– 1 Tatra 148.
– 1 Tatra 815s.
– 1 truck.
– 3 technicals.
– 2 motorcycles.

UyMahgW.jpg
Iranian militiamen were captured too, but I'm not going to post that. And this begs the question: Where are the Syrians in Assad's Syrian Arab Army?

As for the Turkish border region, prior to the aforementioned ISIS offensive, the (visibly U.S. supplied & air supported) rebels were successful in taking ground. But then:

@bouckap
TEUAGd8.jpg

ISIS offensive near Azaz gains new territory, split rebel enclaves, affected many displaced. Turkey border closed.

@bouckap
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPEr9mRQArs&feature=youtu.be
Syrians fleeing ISIS advances head towards Bab al-Salameh border crossing. But #Turkey border closed

However the rebels are fighting back to retake it. Some footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmG4sYyBAYo
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD3ATs2PQS9aMdV7-1c31EA/videos

The U.S. led coalition also indicates its activity there:

Syria, border region with Iraq:
Sinai (Egypt):

Iraq:
Soon in Russia (North Caucasus region)?
And maybe Southern Philippines?

Interesting documentary by France24, embedded with SDF vs ISIS:
EXCLUSIVE: Interethnic coalition takes on the IS group in Syria - YouTube ~ maybe worthy of a thread in itself.
Here's two very interesting things about it:

- Kurds allege the Assad regime of supplying ISIS with weaponry in exchange for oil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aftoBdrjm7Q&feature=youtu.be&t=1660
They seized documents with wire transfers by the regime to ISIS.

- Int. coalition forces are embedded with the SDF (vs ISIS):
Air strike designating
Javelin ATGM

More on U.S. involvement:

U.S. military doubles the number of civilians it admits killing in anti-ISIS fight - The Washington Post ~ low balling quite bit there, but then the devastating strike on the Mosul university is not included in that.
And now the B-52s are going into actions which will likely increase collateral damage:
WATCH: B-52 Stratofortress drops its first bombs on the Islamic State - The Washington Post

Also U.S. Plans to Step Up Military Campaign Against ISIS - The New York Times

The Obama administration is preparing to broaden its military campaign against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria by increasing the number of Special Operations forces who advise Syrian rebels, and it is also considering the addition of Army attack helicopters to the fight against militants in Iraq.

The goal would be to accelerate what United States officials said on Saturday was momentum behind Iraqi security forces and American-backed rebels in Syria fighting the terrorist organization.

Inside Syria, the administration is prepared to add dozens of Special Operations forces to the 50 who now advise and assist Syrian rebels fighting the Islamic State, say three Defense Department and military officials. The additional trainers, who could total as many as 200, would be able to expand their instruction to Syrian Arab fighters, who are likely to play a pivotal role in capturing Raqqa, the Islamic State’s de facto capital in Syria, the officials said.

The administration’s plans for Iraq are more complicated.

On the Russian lies about its bombing campaign against ISIS (at least in 2015):
Russian claims on Syria airstrikes 'inaccurate on grand scale', says report | World news | The Guardian

On the innterworkings in ISIS:
Cash-strapped ISIS offers $50 a month to fighters — but more if they own sex slaves - The Washington Post

The base salary offered to the worker named al-Jiburi was a pittance, just $50 a month. But even the cash-challenged Islamic State knew it had to do more to sustain the loyalty of a man with nine mouths to feed.

A crinkled wage voucher breaks it down by family member: For each of his two wives, al-Jiburi would receive an extra $50. For each of his six children under age 15, he would get another $35. Any “female captive”— sex slave — would entitle him to an additional $50. For al-Jiburi, described in the document as a service worker for the terrorist group, the monthly total came to $360, payable in U.S. greenbacks.

Salary details and other minutiae of life in the Islamic State are contained in a series of unusual documents released Friday by a scholarly journal. The records, all official documents from inside the group’s self-declared caliphate, collectively reinforce the prevailing impression of an organization under strain, struggling to compensate its fighters and workers, and forced to ration electricity, fuel and other resources.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Saw that a couple of hours ago. Hope it gets spread around the Internet and show these clowns how they will end up.

yeah exactly, it was pretty interesting to see how they act during a fire fight. Basically a lot of blame going around. I had an unexpected laugh at "Good job, but you roasted us too!" haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom