Daft Punk ad 3.3.2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2009
Sounds fucking amazing!

As expected of a collaboration between the mastermind behind one of the most influential disco acts of all time and one of the most influential house acts of all time.

jtb

Banned
Jun 20, 2009
NYC
Robot Rock is such damn lazy sampling, they may have actually made the original worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs

I'm praying for Discovery 2

As opposed to the creative snippets they lifted from Barry Manilow - Whose been sleeping in my bed for Superheroes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnmSwu6qcOM

Its night and day
Completely agree. Superheroes is one of my favorite Daft Punk songs. Human After All was just so lazy in comparison; I mean, I get that was kind of the point (or so they claim), but still... eh.

Mar 15, 2008
So I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice for making this image into an actual poster. This was highest resolution version of the Columbia Daft Punkimage that I could find.

Anyone have any suggestions? I heard Kinko's could be the ones to do this.

Feb 11, 2005
So I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice for making this image into an actual poster. This was highest resolution version of the Columbia Daft Punkimage that I could find.

I'm pretty sure if you wait long enough, it'll be an official poster anyway. I'm gonna be all over it.

Jan 14, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
As much as I love Homework, I do think Discovery is their most complete album. I'd love a return to that.
highly doubt we'll see that. these guys want to make money from publishing royalties and if they sample everything they can't do that anymore. this little snippet sounds like some uninspired live recording they put together. they won't have that same Discovery magic without sampling.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Feb 25, 2007
Australia
highly doubt we'll see that. these guys want to make money from publishing royalties and if they sample everything they can't do that anymore. this little snippet sounds like some uninspired live recording they put together. they won't have that same Discovery magic without sampling.
As long as its not dubstep, I'm in.

Morris

Disco Devil
Jan 23, 2010
Just listened to it. The Nile Rodgers influence is huge here. Can't wait for some more Daft Chic but this is not really blowing my mind.

I hope they still sample a bunch of obscure disco stuff and it's not all original tunes. DP are some of the most genius reworkers out there, hopefully we'll get to see them go back to their best craft.

Jun 21, 2010

I can give it a try.

Sep 19, 2005
Karlsruhe, Germany

There is a commercial program (and Photoshop Plugin) called Photo Zoom, which does an absolutely incredible job of upscaling images. You should be easily be able to get great results with this. I don't have it here unfortunately.

May 20, 2011
www.sarslip.com
I love Ratatat, but I'm not seeing the connection.
To the Daft Punk track, or the Reaganomics track.
Daft Punk use sampling techniques, and often replay said sample using a live band. I said "like" meaning similar, it would not surprise me at all to learn Daft Punk sampled a similar disco track from that era. The Ratatat is a stretch, but so what?

Jul 13, 2009
London
Because someone requested it, I made three quick (a3) posters. Two of them are minimalism (a style I'm in love with). If people are interested I can make a wallpaper out of it or send a HQ version.
Awesome work - new lock screen for my phone. Thanks!

Edit: The yellow head isn't dead center, but it's not a biggy. Just thought I'd let you know.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
May 8, 2009
You know what sampling is? Daft Punk use sampling techniques, and often replay said sample using a live band. I said "like" meaning similar, it would not surprise me at all to learn Daft Punk sampled a similar disco track from that era. The Ratatat is a stretch, but so what?
Uh, yeah, I know what sampling is. I did think the Reaganomics track was similar, what I was saying is that I didn't see the link between Wildcat and Reaganomics or the new Daft Punk track.

Aug 30, 2011
T.
Uh, yeah, I know what sampling is. I did think the Reaganomics track was similar, what I was saying is that I didn't see the link between Wildcat and Reaganomics or the new Daft Punk track.
except everyone agrees Ratatat sound like DP.

Who was one of the opening acts on the Alive tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.