• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk ad 3.3.2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

thabiz straight hating.

Talk about limited taste. The Roule stuff was great, sure, but you'd have to be brain dead to call the Alive mixes piss poor.

Limited taste? please.

it seems youre the one with limited taste. They've been mining the same sound for 12 years now. call me when the funk comes back.

Blair

Banned
Sw32L.jpg

Zapages

Can't wait for the album!!! : )

How many have heard of The Third Twin- I think its one of the Daft Punk member's nephew or something.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I think the HAA/Alive and Tron stuff was different enough that it's not fair to say they've just been mining the same sound since Discovery.

This clip does sound very much like it, though. Hope the new album will have a bit more freshness, much as I like the sound of this.

Alrus

I remember watching Interstella 5555, and just being

woah.gif

the whole time.

Fucking love daft punk.

Interstella 5555 is one of my favorite movie, still watch it regularly. (it helps that I freaking love Leiji Matsumoto's work in general).

I'm so hyped for this, I get chills just thinking about it!

hwy_61

Banned
Interstella 5555 is one of my favorite movie, still watch it regularly. (it helps that I freaking love Leiji Matsumoto's work in general).

I'm not even an anime fan, I mean I've seen the most popular ones(Totoro, spirited away, steamboy, ect.), but Interstella, man....INTERSTELLA IS FUCKING AMAZIIIIING.

Is it true that the sound and picture quality on DVD and Bluray (according to some even worse) are bad?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Someone want to make me a ringtone of that snippet? It does sound great just as a loop. iPhone ringtone please

Jarmel

Banned
Limited taste? please.

it seems youre the one with limited taste. They've been mining the same sound for 12 years now. call me when the funk comes back.

This is almost close to being factually wrong. Discovery does not sound at all like Human.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
The two concerts I've always wanted to go to was MJ's and Daft Punk's. MJ passed away before I had the chance. I. will. not. miss. this. tour.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Listening to Discovery again after playing that 2 minute loop a few times and it's still as good as it ever was. Burying myself in those disco hooks all day long.

Jarmel

Banned
Huh? Robot Rock, Television Rules The Nation, Technologic and Emotion could have come straight from Discovery.

Human After All, Robot Rock, and Emotion are the closest and even then with Robot Rock, there are a few differences that fit more in line with the new album. Technological is starkly different. The rest such as Steam Machine, Make Love, Brainwasher, and Primetime are even further off.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Listening to Alive right now, still the best live album ever. Simply amazing.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
The real shame is the horribly shortened GIF used in the OP. Go for the gold, use the whole video!
ibsklZpdwgK655.gif

Robot Rock is such damn lazy sampling, they may have actually made the original worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs

I'm praying for Discovery 2

As opposed to the creative snippets they lifted from Barry Manilow - Whose been sleeping in my bed for Superheroes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnmSwu6qcOM

Its night and day

I never knew before today that they weren't original sounds. The singing in the original songs ruin the good parts.

I never knew before today that they weren't original sounds. The singing in the original songs ruin the good parts.
This reminds me I was dating this girl when Kanye sampled them in Stronger, and she complained about him "stealing" their stuff.

I was just like, "Um..."

DJ88

Damn I really wish I had seen this live on my plasma and home theater set up. Room goes dark as the starry glistening letters of Daft Punk rise up into view accompanied by that funky guitar filling the room, I would have completely lost my shit.

I really hope we hear more soon. I love how the logo still has that slight shake to it like it was shot on film and it's being projected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom