• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Daft Punk ad 3.3.2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeyes

Sounds fucking amazing!

As expected of a collaboration between the mastermind behind one of the most influential disco acts of all time and one of the most influential house acts of all time.

Snakeyes

Dang, I really can't get enough of that snippet.

van.gif

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I really don't even know Daft Punk's shit but my friend linked me this today and shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. He said it was really "tasty" and I would have to agree. Suddenly this is on my radar.

jtb

Banned
Robot Rock is such damn lazy sampling, they may have actually made the original worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVVfZAZdIUs

I'm praying for Discovery 2

As opposed to the creative snippets they lifted from Barry Manilow - Whose been sleeping in my bed for Superheroes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnmSwu6qcOM

Its night and day

Completely agree. Superheroes is one of my favorite Daft Punk songs. Human After All was just so lazy in comparison; I mean, I get that was kind of the point (or so they claim), but still... eh.

Miroku

The clip sounds good but if it wasnt called Daft Punk this thread would have about 4 replies. I hope the album comes out good.

grkazan12

So I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice for making this image into an actual poster. This was highest resolution version of the Columbia Daft Punkimage that I could find.

Anyone have any suggestions? I heard Kinko's could be the ones to do this.

jOXBGS3yOMWVA.png

tanuki

So I was wondering if any of you guys had any advice for making this image into an actual poster. This was highest resolution version of the Columbia Daft Punkimage that I could find.

jOXBGS3yOMWVA.png

I'm pretty sure if you wait long enough, it'll be an official poster anyway. I'm gonna be all over it.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep

jOXBGS3yOMWVA.png

aDkVgZd.png

Dreaver

First I thought it was fake, but it isn't! I'm hyped as fuck for this one. It's soo good, going to loop it all day.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
As much as I love Homework, I do think Discovery is their most complete album. I'd love a return to that.

As much as I love Homework, I do think Discovery is their most complete album. I'd love a return to that.

highly doubt we'll see that. these guys want to make money from publishing royalties and if they sample everything they can't do that anymore. this little snippet sounds like some uninspired live recording they put together. they won't have that same Discovery magic without sampling.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
highly doubt we'll see that. these guys want to make money from publishing royalties and if they sample everything they can't do that anymore. this little snippet sounds like some uninspired live recording they put together. they won't have that same Discovery magic without sampling.

As long as its not dubstep, I'm in.

Morris

Disco Devil
Just listened to it. The Nile Rodgers influence is huge here. Can't wait for some more Daft Chic but this is not really blowing my mind.

I hope they still sample a bunch of obscure disco stuff and it's not all original tunes. DP are some of the most genius reworkers out there, hopefully we'll get to see them go back to their best craft.

Dreaver

jOXBGS3yOMWVA.png
I can give it a try.

jOXBGS3yOMWVA.png

There is a commercial program (and Photoshop Plugin) called Photo Zoom, which does an absolutely incredible job of upscaling images. You should be easily be able to get great results with this. I don't have it here unfortunately.

Dreaver

Because someone requested it, I made three quick (a3) posters. Two of them are minimalism (a style I'm in love with). If people are interested I can make a wallpaper out of it or send a HQ version.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
I love Ratatat, but I'm not seeing the connection.
To the Daft Punk track, or the Reaganomics track.

codhand

I love Ratatat, but I'm not seeing the connection.
To the Daft Punk track, or the Reaganomics track.

Daft Punk use sampling techniques, and often replay said sample using a live band. I said "like" meaning similar, it would not surprise me at all to learn Daft Punk sampled a similar disco track from that era. The Ratatat is a stretch, but so what?

Lucius86

Banned
Because someone requested it, I made three quick (a3) posters. Two of them are minimalism (a style I'm in love with). If people are interested I can make a wallpaper out of it or send a HQ version.

Awesome work - new lock screen for my phone. Thanks!

Edit: The yellow head isn't dead center, but it's not a biggy. Just thought I'd let you know.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
You know what sampling is? Daft Punk use sampling techniques, and often replay said sample using a live band. I said "like" meaning similar, it would not surprise me at all to learn Daft Punk sampled a similar disco track from that era. The Ratatat is a stretch, but so what?
Uh, yeah, I know what sampling is. I did think the Reaganomics track was similar, what I was saying is that I didn't see the link between Wildcat and Reaganomics or the new Daft Punk track.

codhand

Uh, yeah, I know what sampling is. I did think the Reaganomics track was similar, what I was saying is that I didn't see the link between Wildcat and Reaganomics or the new Daft Punk track.

yeah, i misread your post, my bad. just seemed like people were not seeing that the open could have been an inspiration

thabiz

except everyone agrees Ratatat sound like DP.

Who was one of the opening acts on the Alive tour?

pargonta

forgive me for this... but since we're talking about what it sounds like..

i had a twitch of bloodhound gang bad touch for the beat and chords..

http://youtu.be/xat1GVnl8-k

anyway never really been a daft punk fan but this sounds cool and i can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom