• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Damn, Adam Sessler looks old as fuck - and trying to get back into gaming news

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAssBoy

looks like he is trying to stay relevant just like Shane Satterfield has been trying to do after being kicked from Gametrailers.com

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is gaf filled with 20 year old gamerz
Are you 20 yourself?
that cant grow beards that are scared of anyone above 40?
You call this a beard?
EQRSnJoW4AI2E8C

Reactions: 888

Siri

Banned
The hatred in this thread is a little too much. When groups of people gang up like this, and express their hatred together, nothing good comes of it.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Call me stupid, but I'd rather have Morgan Webb back and hugely active than Adam
He's got a pretty...interesting reputation

If he makes any splashes she should definitely move in on that and use his bull shit to relaunch into the public eye, if that's her thing

Beards in the US these days are mostly worn by fat guys who want to hide their chins and make their jawlines look thinner.
Man my jawline is like the Crimson Chin, strong af

latest

It’s the numale “push-up bra”.
Looks like the banhammer account's avatar needs a push up bra too eh?

Journey

Banned
If he shaved that awful beard he wouldn’t look as old.
Loved watching his show with Morgan Webb back in the day.

Lmao, yes he has aged well, it's just that beard with all the grays that make him look worse.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I was about to say "yea but we all look way older than we did 15 years ago", until I saw the picture. He really does look like shit. Did he have a drug problem or smoked or something?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I can't imagine caring this much about some media personality. Especially one from yesteryear.

That said, the really amateur mic work was funny at least.

GreyHorace

He was a crap reviewer too. "One of the most remarkable creative games I've ever played"

...and then the game started..

"In the end Grand Theft Auto 5 is a monument to early 21st century popular culture popular thought and popular values, all wrapped up in a noxious cavalcade of miscreants sick of fans and narcissists everybody wants everything and only privilege and subterfuge can get you there.

I can imagine 200 years from now like our reading of Dickens the game will be regarded as a catalogue of our contemporary travails and accelerated reality bearing more truth than just gazing at our own reflection."

That right there is the most pretentious statement I've ever come across in a videogame review. GTA5 is a lot of things but a biting satire on our world today like Dickens in the Victorian era it ain't.

Ogbert

Here you go:

Cuck rant at 6:50.

Eugh. Cringe.

Note how he suddenly starts paying more attention to the auto script and his voice raises in dramatic fury. He’d been practicing that line in front of a mirror.

He definitely thought that line in politics would get him more fanny.

ExpandKong

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but it's pretty tiring reading just as much shit talk from here instead of Era, Reddit, etc.

Just be decent human beings and move on. Try to love more than just people you find likeable.

agreed. As i was scrolling this thread i started to realize this is pretty lame. it only took one or two replies to get the point across.

Nobody's forcing y'all to read anything though.

Pejo

Well I think he had to be at least partially aware that he wasn't going to be welcomed back into the gaming community, maybe this was just a litmus test just to see how bad it would be?

I don't personally like the way he handled GG, but I hope people remain chill and leave it at just giving their opinions on his return. The last thing we need is for some idiot to do something stupid and then we have to hear about GG-resurgence bs from the "gaming media" for the next 3 months again.

I think it probably would have been a better idea to just do a show with someone new at the front, but I'm guessing he still has that itch to be in the limelight.

lifa-cobex

I always figured it was Adderall or Ritalin or something like that. He seems very ADHD. There were days on X-Play when I thought, "Oh, Adam has doubled up on his meds today."
Yea I remember the days when ppl would speculate what he was on.
I could be completely talking out my ass but I have a vague memory of a stream with him jabbering a hundred words a second with some suspicions powder around his noes.

I don't know about you guys, but it's pretty tiring reading just as much shit talk from here instead of Era, Reddit, etc.

Just be decent human beings and move on. Try to love more than just people you find likeable.
agreed. As i was scrolling this thread i started to realize this is pretty lame. it only took one or two replies to get the point across.
You know i would've agreed with you if it was just a regular has been gaming personality, but Sessler has no passion for video games at all and it shows even back in the day.

I'm not American so I've no nostalgia for the guy, but like most who work in video games media he's just another guy who went to LA with dreams of being on TV/Hollywood and instead got stuck doing a show about something he's no passion for just to make some cash.

He thought he had something else in store for him back in 2014 so he showed his not so secret real feelings about video games and their fans and now that he's seemingly broke he crawled back to video games just to make a quick nostalgia buck.
I don't say this often since i don't think it adds to any discussion but FUCK HIM and his ilk.

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
looks like he is trying to stay relevant just like Shane Satterfield has been trying to do after being kicked from Gametrailers.com

I can't explain why, but on my way to work this morning I thought about Shane Satterfield and what he was up to and then come in and read this post.

dolabla

I mean what does he bring to the table that's new and refreshing? He doesn't since we already have plenty of SJW's in the industry announcing "their problematic takes". If he brought new ideas, etc, then yeah. But he doesn't, he's just the same ol same ol.

I'd be all for a return for Morgan tho :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Screenshot tweets that are images always and forever. No excuses. Don't be too lazy to upload a screenshot, images are viewable by everyone but tweets can be deleted and domain blocked.

DF4xCCK.png

Enjay

Banned

I dont enjoy his input but some of you are way too much. Im sure he has some type of audience, im good tho.

That thread needs yous way more than sessler does

Moogle11

Banned
Actually, I have to agree. Dogpiling on people isn't a great look especially when its mean-spirited and kinda "pitchforky". Leave that to the other place, its kinda their gimmick.

I'm not a fan either, but that's just the internet these days. The only difference is places like Era are moderated enforced echo chambers while others are just sites that are open discussion (which is great as people shouldn't catch bans for things that just don't fit a sites agenda IMO) that tend to lend one way or the other.

Otherwise, society is just very tribalized after all the political, culture ware nonsense of recent years. Most everywhere is either SJW types being offended by everything and calling people racists or nazis or people constantly whining about SJWs, forced diversity etc. or some combination of the two in whatever balance on the non-full on echo chambers.

It's definitely grating at times as someone who really doesn't agree with either extreme and really doesn't give a shit about political/cultural/social issues when it comes to discussing games, movies etc. But it just is what it is. All you can do is tune it out/skim over it, ignore people who only seem to post such shit and mostly avoid threads that are likely to be mostly those kind of arguments. Much better that here than something like Era were going against some extreme left positions leads to dogpiling, warnings and bans. I imagine some dog piling happens here at times (I'm new around here), as it does most everywhere, but at least it doesn't seem like bans do and they're transparent with the ban list/thread.

My only let down so far is there doesn't seem to be much in the way of actually discussing games people are playing. I've only seen a 2-3 game OTs on the front page and they were all for shooters I don't care about (Division 2, Apex Legends and CoD are the ones I can remember seeing). That's probably just due to being a smaller community as Era is still pretty active with OTs for even smaller games. It's just not worth the non-sense moderation and extremism. There's always game-specific sub-reddits--even though I don't like the Reddit format or younger users base that much--when I want to chat about or ask for help in a game that lacks an OT here.

ExpandKong

Banned
The thing with Adam and people like Adam is that their definitions of such words is completely fucking out of bounds.

For example: If you support strong borders and are against illegal immigration, racist! If you're a Republican or you just don't support the same things they do, fascist!

Yeah, I don't trust the kind of person who buys and wears a "FUCK RACISM, PUNCH NAZIS" shirt to have a solid definition of what either of those things are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom