• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2 out on Steam April 18th

Gurnlei

I'll just throw out the real best girl, the ultimate programmer...

tumblr_inline_mt1wnkvQTI1qz4rgp.png

Agreed. Only above Sakura.

giphy.gif

Catvoca

Banned
No offence to anyone in here, but I feel like waifu wars are the reason people don't give these sorts of games a shot. They just assume they're going to have pandering, overly sexualised anime ladies because the fanbase keeps fawning over the characters. I think these conversations do the game a disservice, especially with Danganronpa which is pretty subversive when it comes this topic

Mikan's not getting nearly enough love in this thread.

No offence to anyone in here, but I feel like waifu wars are the reason people don't give these sorts of games a shot. They just assume they're going to have pandering, overly sexualised anime ladies because the fanbase keeps fawning over the characters. I think these conversations do the game a disservice, especiallly with Danganronpa which is pretty subversive when it comes this topic

Mikan's not getting nearly enough love in this thread.

Firstly, I'd argue that since DR2 lets you have hints of romance with all women (save for one) through School Life, it is reinforcing that.

Secondly, I just think Ibuki's cool.

Catvoca

Banned
Firstly, I'd argue that since DR2 lets you have hints of romance with all women (save for one) through School Life, it is reinforcing that.

Secondly, I just think Ibuki's cool.

I'm just saying that before I opened my heart to anime
lol
it was this sort of stuff that I glanced at and said "I don't want to play these weird Japenese sex games". There's so much more to DR, just talking about waifu's is silly. And I know if you're interested in this game you probably played the first one, it's just something I see crop up with this or Persona conversations that I think can be off-putting to more mainstream gamers and can lead to them not trying these games. When really anyone who likes good murder mysteries would probably like DR.

And Ibuki is rad! Maybe the best visual style in the whole series.

Meia

The best girl will FOREVER BE:

tumblr_inline_npjcdckAbD1snshev_540.png

You're good people.

Seriously though, this has little to do with "waifu wars" and is to say that the game has some of the strongest characters I've seen in a game. Hell, I'd take a game just starring Gundam by himeself!

Sölf

You're good people.

Seriously though, this has little to do with "waifu wars" and is to say that the game has some of the strongest characters I've seen in a game. Hell, I'd take a game just starring Gundam by himeself!

Gundam is probably one of the best characters in the entire franchise. That he is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita is even better. God, so good. <3

I'm just saying that before I opened my heart to anime
lol
it was this sort of stuff that I glanced at and said "I don't want to play these weird Japenese sex games". There's so much more to DR, just talking about waifu's is silly. And I know if you're interested in this game you probably played the first one, it's just something I see crop up with this or Persona conversations that I think can be off-putting to more mainstream gamers and can lead to them not trying these games. When really anyone who likes good murder mysteries would probably like DR.

And Ibuki is rad! Maybe the best visual style in the whole series.

And to be frank I don't really get into waifu culture, Ibuki's definitely not a waifu of mine :p The closest thing I could come to "waifu" is Karen from Harvest Moon 64, and just because she was a literal wife in a game when I was a kid. :p

Maybe I'll try it again, I really liked the first one but couldn't get into the second on Vita. The cast felt a lot more like stereotypical anime characters and the stuff like the mechs were just a little too much to swallow.

Maybe if I go in knowing the tone is a lot different I'll get further in, I quit after the first trial last time.

dity

Sonia's best girl all day every day.

No. There's just DanganRonpa 1 and Danganronpa 2 as far as Steam releases are concerned. This is a sequel to the first game.
They'd be referring to how the games got re-released on Vita under a different a different title. These Steam releases match up with the Vita re-release, and are not ports of the PSP version AFAIK.

Kindekuma

Banned
Exciting for Steam users! I'm playing through DR on PC right now, but I want the portability aspect of the game so I got it on handheld. With that said, I'm waiting on my copy of Danganronpa 2 for Vita to come in the mail.

My copy was stolen off my door yesterday so I had to have a replacement sent.

Iceberg

Steam Community announcement

"Preorders" open on Monday, April, 4th. Includes mini-OST (MP3 & FLAC) and a 20% discount.

*Please note that the Mini-OST will ONLY be available as a pre-order bonus!

01. Danganronpa [2ND GIG Loop]
02. Beautiful Ruin
03. Kill Now
04. Monokuma Overdrive
05. Trapped by the Ocean Scent
06. Re: Climactic Reenactment
07. Fly Helicopter, Fly
08. Class Trial (Variant)
09. PTA
10. Love is Survival
11. The Day Before the Future

Super excited for this game. Played the first one when it came out on Steam with my roommates who had no clue what it was. Now they're asking me every few days when the next one is. Glad to have a date for them.

Also, every person I loved in that game died, so I hope that trend ends with 2. I don't know if my heart could take it!

Rich!

Reminder - this is out tomorrow. Preload is up.

I can't wait to play through the best danganronpa game again, and I can't wait to see the reactions of those playing it for the first time. buckle up, its gonna be fun

Certinty

Weird question but is there any way to skip the class trials in this? Have this on the Vita but the class trials bored the hell out of me and put me off the game. So if I can skip those on this version I'll get it.

Rich!

Comes out Tuesday actually.

No, it unlocks for me tomorrow night at 17:00 GMT just like with Danganronpa 1.

Weird question but is there any way to skip the class trials in this? Have this on the Vita but the class trials bored the hell out of me and put me off the game. So if I can skip those on this version I'll get it.

...the trials are the core of Danganronpa. So no. The series just ain't for you, I'm afraid.

Meia

Class trials are where all the magic happens in the series, really. This is where the game's biggest twists are revealed, which is why they're also always the only points that are fully voiced. As was said, the series probably isn't for you I'm afraid.

Unfortunately Danganronpa 2 actually packs those trials with even more obnoxious mini-games.

ArjanN

Unfortunately Danganronpa 2 actually packs those trials with even more obnoxious mini-games.

Yeah, while I like the trials plot-wise, honestly I feel like I would have just preferred to pick "Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick" from a menu without the minigame stuff.

Neol

Just started this up and all is running well.

Liking the current cast so far. Although some of these characters are too familiar which I guess will be one of the major points.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
No more wiki for me until I finish the game.I search one character and get spoiled by the god damn info box. What the fuck did I expect?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
For those that have only played the first one, keep your expectations in check. I loved the first one to death, but the sequel felt like an absolute chore to play. I couldn't bring myself to care about any of the characters and as a result, couldn't care about any of the cases.

GoldStarz

For those that have only played the first one, keep your expectations in check. I loved the first one to death, but the sequel felt like an absolute chore to play. I couldn't bring myself to care about any of the characters and as a result, couldn't care about any of the cases.

I can't disagree with this more. The second cast is developed much better and altogether I feel are more entertaining. The cases are set up much better and aren't nearly as immediately obvious.

Corpekata

Banned
I forgot how grating some of 2's casts are right away. Hiyoko and Teruteru can go fuck off into the sun, with Mikan not far behind them.

I can't tell if the intro when it features the girls, panning down to their crotches (but not the guys) was a parody or just being generally pervy. If it was a parody it would have been funnier if they did it to Monami too.

GoldStarz

I found pretty much all of them to have zero likeable qualities.

I honestly don't understand this at all, especially given how the group dynamic is with SDR2, in DR1 almost no one trusts each other completely while in SDR2 everyone is generally way more friendly with one another. Outside of Komaeda, Teruteru, and Hiyoko everyone generally supports one another while in DR1 you have many people who really don't care about each other: Celes and Byakuya being the main offenders, with their tag-alongs Hifumi and Toko. Honestly, most of the murders only happened in SDR2 because they outright couldn't have been avoided.

Neol

I do not get this sword minigame lol

Feel like I'm just slashing until I see the contradictory statement.

Neol

Spoilers case 1:
Fuck this 4 word combination. There is 3 ways you could of arranged this and it still would of made sense.

-shadow-

I had no idea this was up for pre-order and was already out. I would've done so even if I haven't finished the first game yet. Absolutely loving it so far.

Neol

Chapter 3 spoilers :
Ugh another 4 letter word that screwed me over. Was dumbfounded when it wasn't Bonus Theater Prize.

Top Bottom