• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

nin1000

Banned
who wants to take a gambit.
Togami_%288%29.png

YOU AB ?!

I think what this means is, if Blarg gets voted out, the player last to vote on him gets their role revealed, because he will flip as that role

The whole point of the gambit was probably to be a pain in the ass and a easy target, easy enough that mafia might hop on board.

It'll be interesting to see who unvotes now.
I think you're jumping to conclusions. There is absolutely nothing about Blarg's claim that makes me think that anything he said is credible much les town aligned.

I feel like you are sort of glossing over exactly HOW Blarg got himself killed in SW. He decided to gambit, claimed scum, and then hoped that would be enough to not get him killed. Mind you, he did that as the role-cop for town. He didn't die for his early inane posting, he died because he claimed scum.

Oh, I know that. I'm just saying that we generally don't let Blarg's nonsense get a pass at any level and don't forget that that was the first time we'd ever engaged with Blarg so we weren't totally familiar with his antics.

Anyways, this time he's refusing to engage in any meaningful discussion, even outright lying during his so-called hour where he can talk. And I can't condone any of that.

Karkador

Banned
1) Isn't you saying "I'm looking at who unvotes" going to influence whether or not people unvote?

Well, two things:

- Blarg didn't say it, I did. Blarg was shy to mention the side-effect of his claim, implying that he was hoping to catch some flies with it. It seems like he thinks the list is clear, though, because he told people to vote for an inactive instead. I think he intends to try to save the power for another occasion. But who knows, he may be wrong about who's voting on him.

2) Why do you think people would be unvoting now anyway?[/QUOTE]

Unvoting now? Well, we've got a day left and somebody is bound to say something shocking enough to swing the votes, after we've all gotten over our scorn of Blarg's actions.

They will also want to unvote just in case Blarg is not lying, or not telling a complete lie.

IMO, I think it will be interesting to see who's worried, or who's going to try to slip away to another vote.

I don't think anything he posted cleared much of anything up though. If it is a gambit it reminds me of yours in quarantine in that all it did is bring a ton of suspicion upon him that won't be cleared easily. The only thing to come from it is that we can possibly find out two alignments in one lynch but even that is dependent on Blarg being honest which isn't exactly a given with what he has posted so far.

Well he didn't claim scum, he's just claiming a pretty wacky power, though not totally broken, in a game that seems like it might be another Gafia Wild Ride™.

I don't know, I'm gonna assume that Blarg has to be taken at some sort of face value, as there is usually some sort of intent to his antics, whether they are decipherable or not. If he wants to claim what he's claiming, I will at least believe he is saying it intentionally.

Natiko

Banned
I guess that's fair, not that I'm convinced but I can understand your stance at least. I don't think we can gleam much from votes moving off of though. They could just as easily be a town PR trying to protect their identity. If his power is true though it does present an opportunity to get two birds with one stone so to speak. If Blarg ends up being the consensus we could have someone be the final vote that we want information on. The problem is if they resist we won't know if it's because they're scum or a PR. It's just a situation that could really backfire.

Well, two things:

- Blarg didn't say it, I did. Blarg was shy to mention the side-effect of his claim, implying that he was hoping to catch some flies with it. It seems like he thinks the list is clear, though, because he told people to vote for an inactive instead. I think he intends to try to save the power for another occasion. But who knows, he may be wrong about who's voting on him.
What? I don't follow. what is the side-effect? It looks like you meant the alleged role-copy but that's more like the main effect. And if you do, I assume "the list" are the people voting for him? I also doubt a lot of people have taken (or will take) that roleclaim serious.

I guess that's fair, not that I'm convinced but I can understand your stance at least. I don't think we can gleam much from votes moving off of though. They could just as easily be a town PR trying to protect their identity. If his power is true though it does present an opportunity to get two birds with one stone so to speak. If Blarg ends up being the consensus we could have someone be the final vote that we want information on. The problem is if they resist we won't know if it's because they're scum or a PR. It's just a situation that could really backfire.
We don't know if Blarg is fucking with us (I, for one believe he does, but that's not important right now). So when he'll flip as whatever, we have no way of telling if that was his role all along or if it's the role of the last person voting for him.

Ty4on

Did I correctly use "isn't you saying"? Damn that sounds horrible.
I'm pretty sure "isn't" is correct:
Isn't you saying "I'm looking at who unvotes" going to influence whether or not people unvote?
... It's going to influence where or not people unvote.

That sounds right because the subject isn't him, but his action of saying that. It.

Ty4on

He was in Danny Phantom? I forgot lol. But I believe it was Price is Right that I last played with him.
His lynch was glorious. I think some scum were getting some heat and then town just piled on Blarg.

What were you in Price is Right and did you win anything?

Karkador

Banned
What? I don't follow. what is the side-effect? It looks like you meant the alleged role-copy but that's more like the main effect. And if you do, I assume "the list" are the people voting for him? I also doubt a lot of people have taken (or will take) that roleclaim serious.

He claims to "steal/copy the Role of whoever the last person is who voted against me"
So, yes, the main effect would be just that. He copies role powers.

The side effect is that, if he IS lynched, it follows that he would very likely still copy the role of the last voter, and then flip - revealing that voter's role.

Sorian

Banned
He claims to "steal/copy the Role of whoever the last person is who voted against me"
So, yes, the main effect would be just that. He copies role powers.

The side effect is that, if he IS lynched, it follows that he would very likely still copy the role of the last voter, and then flip - revealing that voter's role.

He also mentioned a stipulation for a way he could be bulletproof at night. Are you accepting that as some kind of partial truth as well or are we just doing this piece meal?

Natiko

Banned
I assume the idea is he only would be revealed his copy at day end? Something like this could be really useful if he's on our side but if he's scum then this could all be a ploy and falling for it would be pretty bad.

Karkador

Banned
He also mentioned a stipulation for a way he could be bulletproof at night. Are you accepting that as some kind of partial truth as well or are we just doing this piece meal?

The other claim, where he says "if I have no votes on me by the end of the day, I am bulletproof for the night?". It at least seems related along the lines of votes.

I'm not really at the point of judging the claim as true or false, I'm trying to gauge the intention. I think Blarg is not necessarily arguing against votes on him.

Sorian

Banned
The other claim, where he says "if I have no votes on me by the end of the day, I am bulletproof for the night?". It at least seems related along the lines of votes.

I'm not really at the point of judging the claim as true or false, I'm trying to gauge the intention. I think Blarg is not necessarily arguing against votes on him.

You're leading a few people down this road of thinking there is more to what Blarg is going for. There could be, I hesitate a bit now that he came out of the singing shell for a bit but the whole thing is built on a lie, I still see no way that he is following an FA.

Karkador

Banned
You're leading a few people down this road of thinking there is more to what Blarg is going for. There could be, I hesitate a bit now that he came out of the singing shell for a bit but the whole thing is built on a lie, I still see no way that he is following an FA.

I also doubt any of that stuff had to do with an FA.

It's possible his FA is to have 0 votes

Natiko

Banned
I could argue he's not the only player repeating bullshit and shouting down conversation ad nauseum :p
I didn't say there aren't multiple people that I scum or null read currently, but I wouldn't list Blarg as a town read right now whereas others I would. Are you saying you don't think any other players in this game are more reliable than repeating that post incessantly?

Top Bottom