• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

When people ask me, "Where's Danganronpa 2," all they'll hear to remember is that a few stood against many

♪ BELIEVE it or not, Blarg is not in his room, pls
Leave a message, (don't) PM me
But if you have died, thanks for calling it off
I'm so sorry~
BELIEVE it or not, wasn't me
♫​

*Splinter

Speaking of Faddy, both myself and Ty4on (through my post) have called you out on the missed Limerick. Either you are lying, or you should be dead. Given how long it has been and you are still alive, I am assuming you are lying.
Ok people are serious with this?

I'm not Crimson, but I wouldn't be mod killing over missing a single syllable in a limerick. It's a restriction to make posting more awkward, not a life or death exam on your poetic prowess.

While there may be a method to Blarg's madness, if it is anything like Star Wars it will not become apparent until the game is over. You are welcome to drive yourself insane looking for it, but in the end I think they payoff is probably not worth it.

I want to put it out there that I support all gambits.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Ok people are serious with this?

I'm not Crimson, but I wouldn't be mod killing over missing a single syllable in a limerick. It's a restriction to make posting more awkward, not a life or death exam on your poetic prowess.

It is actually 3 total syllables. 1 in the second line, 2 in the final line. Un-vote Flux-Wave-Zed.

I have no way to know how strict or lenient Crimson is being, I only know the game was billed as almost-but-not-quite-bastard. For all I know, the repurcussions of not adhering to his FA are not the same as "Sophia's", but that is all I have to go off of. Why are you so quick to dismiss it?

its like this is your first time watching a death game story, there always has to be an immediate sacrifice to prove the consequences of breaking the rules.
really gotta get the tension going so that everyone has an excuse for their terrible decision making.
c'mon man learn the tropes.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Ty4on

Because this could bite me later, my FA is that I can't vote in the last 12 hours of the day. I can unvote though.

I wanted to find a lynch I felt stronger about than Faddy's, but I did not find one. I'll still read more and yell to the other players who I'd rather lynch.

Still not feeling the Blarg lynch :/

*Splinter

It is actually 3 total syllables. 1 in the second line, 2 in the final line. Un-vote Flux-Wave-Zed.

I have no way to know how strict or lenient Crimson is being, I only know the game was billed as almost-but-not-quite-bastard. For all I know, the repurcussions of not adhering to his FA are not the same as "Sophia's", but that is all I have to go off of. Why are you so quick to dismiss it?
Because it's ridiculous to think someone would be punished so severely over such a small mistake. What he wrote was recognisably a limerick, even if it didn't fit the strict definition that you've chosen to use.

Also,
Un-vote co-lon flux-wave-zed

Tbf , you voting on someone is not really something extraordinary.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Faddy

Banned
You not only missed me calling out Faddy for lying about or breaking his FA, but you also seem to have made up this whole "weird attempt to analyse the Blarg message" thing. As far as I can recall, I only mentioned Blarg once in my "hey, this is a summary of what I missed, let me reread the thread". Perhaps you are confusing me with Ty4on?

Speaking of Faddy, both myself and Ty4on (through my post) have called you out on the missed Limerick. Either you are lying, or you should be dead. Given how long it has been and you are still alive, I am assuming you are lying.

Vote: Faddy

Lemme think what sticks out, I cannot access the post count thing really easily on mobile; we should consider sticking that link in the OP somewhere.

As for the game state, the Sorian/Karkador bickering feels like play styles are just clashing. It almost reminds me of Batman, but I town read both players here so far. More so Sorian I think, mostly since he has seemed to not dwell on FAs as much, but I say that without going back and rereading so dont take it as gospel or anything.

Bronx has played like Bronx. Problem for me is that Bronx seems to play the same as town, scum or dirty neutral ascetic serial killer.

Nin has been gambiting, but why? I guess we will find out at some point.

Ty4on I town read, though I somewhat selfishly do not like him co-opting my Faddy accusation. :p Still, his posts have been pretty detailed and hunting.

I'm not worried on the missed meter on my limerick. I didn't notice. The point that was made to me was that the posts should be recognisable as a poem or rhyme and that hasn't been an issue.

What does lying get me? I hide some other FA that I could have kept secret like most people have. Drawing unwanted attention to myself. I would rather have stayed a bit quieter since lynching the new guy seems like it is an easy move on day one.

Are you going to explain your lack of contribution or give anything other than non-controversial reads?

----

I'm feeling even better about my Royal_Flush vote. Several people have called him out on lack of activity. Nakito put him on his scum list and he offers next to no defense. Instead he goes right back to making non posts around Blarg.

Because it's ridiculous to think someone would be punished so severely over such a small mistake. What he wrote was recognisably a limerick, even if it didn't fit the strict definition that you've chosen to use.

Also,
Un-vote co-lon flux-wave-zed
It is ridiculous to think that a game runner would enforce the rules of his game? Seriously? So between "Faddy is lying" and "Crimson has arbitrarily decided not to enforce a rule for a player", you're going with "I think Crimson will choose to ignore the rules he himself decided on"? Okay dude

And it is not my "strict definition", it is literally THE definition. I seriously have no idea why you would stretch so hard to defend this, but whatever you want that hill knock yourself out.

nin1000

Banned
I'm feeling even better about my Royal_Flush vote. Several people have called him out on lack of activity. Nakito put him on his scum list and he offers next to no defense. Instead he goes right back to making non posts around Blarg.

Do you think that they are connected ?

AB and RF that is

Natiko

Banned
Regarding my vote on Blarg: I (and several others) threatened a policy lynch unless Blarg started making a little more sense. He hasn't done so, and now has wasted a majority of the day phase, so my vote won't be moving. It wasn't an empty threat, Blarg needs to play town or be treated as anti town.

I also fully believe he's lying about having one hour of posting per phase, which is why I'm not satisfied with those few readable posts.
I definitely don't think his FA limits him to a single hour of actual posting. A policy lynch is one thing, but opting for that over someone you believe is scum just reads odd to me unless you think Blarg poses a bigger threat for some reason.

Forgot to mention this one. I too have felt Ty isn't as engaged as usual. I'm surprised you include him as a town read despite this - he's a competent scum.

Anything in particular you've liked about Ty?
I've never played with scum Ty so I don't have that frame of reference. His posts when he's engaging others or putting out reads have been good enough to get him town read, it's just that middle lull where all he did was look at the Blarg stuff that gave me pause. Not enough to bump him down but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh, well that was underwhelming.

Bad Natiko.
That one post doesn't really paint the whole picture. In post 490 and 493 he first discusses his stance on Blarg and Terra, explaining that he doesn't feel like a lynch on either is a good choice at this point. Then in 499 he admits he didn't follow the conversation closely enough and missed all of the exchange about Terra doing this previously as scum. Finally in 579 we have his post he quoted deciding not to listen to Blarg anymore. It's about his lack of interest. He doesn't seem engaged and flipped on both without really much thought out on his part. Just doesn't feel like town play to me, but like I said for now he's still neutral because I've misread him this same way just a game ago.

Faddy

Banned
Do you think that they are connected ?

AB and RF that is

That possibility had occurred to me. That there was a bit of pressure on Flush with 2 votes (now 3) and Sorian dropping suspicion as well. If scum is happy with the Blarg lynch they have no need to put votes onto him. But if people turn around on Blarg and want to lynch someone else Flush is in danger.

So voting for me, who already has a vote and has been a focus in the game for the way I've been forced to play makes me the best target for scum.

You not only missed me calling out Faddy for lying about or breaking his FA, but you also seem to have made up this whole "weird attempt to analyse the Blarg message" thing. As far as I can recall, I only mentioned Blarg once in my "hey, this is a summary of what I missed, let me reread the thread". Perhaps you are confusing me with Ty4on?
That's amazing. Now it makes sense that you were a bit confused by my rabbit hole comment. For some reason I was convinced that a) your limerick comments were about Blarg's message and b) that they were from the same person as the Blarg analysis when in fact it was started by Ty4on and you had nothing to do with it.

I should maybe start reading the thread more carefully.

But Re: Faddy: That's not something subjective. It doesn't tell me anything about your views. It's a rather neutral fact and I think your conclusion that he's lying about his FA is reaching. Tell us about how you feel about players. I shouldn't have to tell you this. You play this game longer than I do.

Does anyone but AbsolutBro think a player should be mod killed for missing a syllable in a mod-required limerick?

If I was modding I wouldn't even think about modkilling somebody over that as long as it doesn't seem to be on purpose.

its like this is your first time watching a death game story, there always has to be an immediate sacrifice to prove the consequences of breaking the rules.
really gotta get the tension going so that everyone has an excuse for their terrible decision making.
c'mon man learn the tropes.

Vote out an inactive Today, thank you

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Natiko

Banned
I have a bit of respite and more variety than haiku. There was a long PM debate between me and Crimson on what the proper structure of a sonnet was. He wanted to strictly enforce the Patrarchan style but I managed to convince him to let me also use the looser Shakespearian style too.
I have never been a mod so I'm not going to try and put myself in Crimson's shoes as far as what is and isn't acceptable. The only thing I really think stands out is the stark contrast from this claimed long back and forth over "strictly enforcing" a sonnet style and now apparently ignoring a missed syllable. It doesn't quite match up but again I really have no clue what would and wouldn't be a violation.

I don't feel like defending, thank you. Most accusations made against me are factually correct (although the conclusion isn't), so all I have to offer are excuses. Well, except the fact that I went "right back to [...] Blarg" which just isn't true. I threw half a sentence at him and then he reacted. Of course I would react back.

Guys this whole conversation is silly since anime sucks now. Duh.

I'm so sorry~
♫​

*Splinter

I definitely don't think his FA limits him to a single hour of actual posting. A policy lynch is one thing, but opting for that over someone you believe is scum just reads odd to me unless you think Blarg poses a bigger threat for some reason.
A policy lynch overrides anything else, at least that's how I see it. Otherwise it's an empty threat, which just devalues your vote for future days/games (which is why Blarg probably doesn't even feel threatened by the votes on him right now - I don't think we've ever followed through with a pure policy lynch).

Faddy

Banned
I don't feel like defending, thank you. Most accusations made against me are factually correct (although the conclusion isn't), so all I have to offer are excuses. Well, except the fact that I went "right back to [...] Blarg" which just isn't true. I threw half a sentence at him and then he reacted. Of course I would react back.

There once was a poster named Flush
When called out he started to blush
He ignored the charge
Responded to Blarg
No substance, engaging with mush

FluxWaveZ

I don't really think Faddy's missing limerick or whatever is an indication of a fake FA. All of his fourth posts thus far have looked like poems to me, and I'm guessing that's the fundamental concept he has to go for.

Still, I've been paying attention to his posts because I still don't necessarily believe that it's actually his FA.

I'll go with my current hunch:

Vote: nin1000

I'd be fine with a Blarg or Faddy lynch, though. I'm not convinced either of them are town, and we'd get more information either way.

Natiko

Banned
A policy lynch overrides anything else, at least that's how I see it. Otherwise it's an empty threat, which just devalues your vote for future days/games (which is why Blarg probably doesn't even feel threatened by the votes on him right now - I don't think we've ever followed through with a pure policy lynch).
I guess that makes sense. I suppose I'm just not a fan of policy lynches then.

*Splinter

That said, I no longer think it's true to say that Blarg isn't communicating, so

UNVOTE

But he's better have a damn good "hour" tomorrow, or I'll be seeing it through next time.

That's only dropping Blarg as a policy lynch, I still have him as a lean scum since Sorian's arguments are not without merit (although he does seem to be oversimplifying Blarg's playstyles a bit).

I'm also scumreading Flush. I think the arguments about his activity and focus on Blarg were true, and the way he ignored them felt... intentional? "I'd be ignoring these if I were town" kind of thing, I dunno.

Top scum however is still Terrabyte, and I'm a little worried he's going to slip off the radar the way things are going.

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

terra is certainly not looking good, but i dont much like basing my reads on players on previous games that happen quite a while ago.
that said there is no denying that his reaction the the slew of blarg votes was... excessive.

as far as town reads go, basically just you at this point.

nin feels better than most games, actually looks like wants to try this game.
but then when he wasnt trying before he turned out to be town.......

ehh regardless ill take the improvement for now.
you could say ill be keeping him nin my sights
If I'm being honest this is how I feel about nin. That fact that he has toned down the craziness somewhat is kinda weird (and kinda awful).
It is ridiculous to think that a game runner would enforce the rules of his game? Seriously? So between "Faddy is lying" and "Crimson has arbitrarily decided not to enforce a rule for a player", you're going with "I think Crimson will choose to ignore the rules he himself decided on"? Okay dude

And it is not my "strict definition", it is literally THE definition. I seriously have no idea why you would stretch so hard to defend this, but whatever you want that hill knock yourself out.

I really think you're reaching with Faddy though since most of these sort of things is the purposeful flaunting of the rules. If you're really interested in someone breaking/lying about their FA I'd check out Stan.
ohhhhh this is going to be a fun game.

my forbidden action is that i cant say anything nice to anyone.

yall smell like moldy lemons.

well nothing huge, you just felt the most genuinely constructive and reasonable.
--------
My main issue with Blarg is that even if this nonsense is forced, chances are that he has a role. However, we still have no idea of his alignment. We could be helping scum or a neutral do something that will not help town. And nothing in his hour did anything to make me feel he is town aligned.

FluxWaveZ

I really think you're reaching with Faddy though since most of these sort of things is the purposeful flaunting of the rules. If you're really interested in someone breaking/lying about their FA I'd check out Stan.

Ha, nice catch. Actually, he didn't die and he very clearly broke his supposed FA here. He might have been joking about it at first, but he didn't claim he did.

And this means that, out of everyone who has claimed theirs so far (and which hasn't been proven fake), Faddy's forbidden action is the only one that is not mechanically relevant to the game and is purely superficial, even if we were to take Blarg at face value. Kinda weird, isn't it? The day's almost over, so I'll say mine: I need at least one vote on myself when the day phase ends (I can self-vote for it, though). Another mechanical FA.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
That said, I no longer think it's true to say that Blarg isn't communicating, so

UNVOTE

But he's better have a damn good "hour" tomorrow, or I'll be seeing it through next time.

That's only dropping Blarg as a policy lynch, I still have him as a lean scum since Sorian's arguments are not without merit (although he does seem to be oversimplifying Blarg's playstyles a bit).

I'm also scumreading Flush. I think the arguments about his activity and focus on Blarg were true, and the way he ignored them felt... intentional? "I'd be ignoring these if I were town" kind of thing, I dunno.

Top scum however is still Terrabyte, and I'm a little worried he's going to slip off the radar the way things are going.

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx
I'm not going to OMGUs you as I'm not quite scum reading that choice, this has to be the weakest reversal on a hard stance that I have ever seen.

FluxWaveZ

I don't have a FA, hence why I'm so curious about them

In a game seemingly based around FAs, you don't have one? The first thing I think of is that there's only one group of player that this would tie into. Like, the "masterminds running the game."

*Splinter

I'm not going to OMGUs you as I'm not quite scum reading that choice, this has to be the weakest reversal on a hard stance that I have ever seen.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Admittedly I've been thinking it for a while without showing it, so maybe it appears sudden. Not really sure what else you expected to see though.

I've been "testing" Blarg for the last page or so and he's been uncooperative*. But outside of the direct questions he's been communicating with the thread ok, enough to avoid a policy lynch.

*And as a nin once said, if there was a farting sounds option I'd probably take it too.

--------
My main issue with Blarg is that even if this nonsense is forced, chances are that he has a role. However, we still have no idea of his alignment. We could be helping scum or a neutral do something that will not help town. And nothing in his hour did anything to make me feel he is town aligned.

bullshit23ql5.jpg

I'm so sorry~
♫​

Top Bottom