• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Sorian

Banned
I was so excited to slam down a vote on Faddy too. So we've learned that Splinter was killed, not died to his forbidden action and that there is someone who is no longer bound by an FA (maybe, I guess that action could be x-shot and they didn't use it), so is anyone free from their FA.

Also

VOTE: Karkador

It's clear you're lying and with a fresh slate, let's talk about that.

Ty4on

Wow, kudos to whoever killed AB. I read him as town last night.

His flip seems to hint that scum have unique FAs. Also that some FAs are harmful to town so just like we shouldn't claim of we're ordinary to save PRs we probably wouldn't claim FAs.

Sorian

Banned
Also, let's get this out of the way now so that I don't get burned if the day ends early for some reason, my FA is still in place and I have to role claim before day 2 ends. I'm an even night commuter. So gg on not killing me N1 for once, also gg when I get hit with the barrage of "Sorian is obviously scum and is just trying to excuse living through night phases."

Karkador

Banned
I was so excited to slam down a vote on Faddy too. So we've learned that Splinter was killed, not died to his forbidden action and that there is someone who is no longer bound by an FA (maybe, I guess that action could be x-shot and they didn't use it), so is anyone free from their FA.

Also

VOTE: Karkador

It's clear you're lying and with a fresh slate, let's talk about that.

I'll get to the rest of your post , but how is it clear Splinter was killed?

FluxWaveZ

I was gonna talk about Faddy saving himself at the last minute there, being suspicious though also resulting in the no lynch which was something I wanted. But someone managed to hit scum, so that kind of makes up for the self-implosion on D1.

I'll get to the rest of your post , but how is it clear Splinter was killed?

I was going to ask this too, but look at his forbidden action.

so is anyone free from their FA.

Not me.

Also, I'm a bit confused about what happened. None of the scenarios only including the three dead roles makes a lot of sense. Scum has zero incentive to kill Faddy and I don't see why Faddy would kill AB out of all people. So this leaves only options where one of them killed himself which also didn't happen on purpose. Therefore there has to be either a third killing role or some bus driver variation.

Sorian

Banned
Wow, kudos to whoever killed AB. I read him as town last night.

His flip seems to hint that scum have unique FAs. Also that some FAs are harmful to town so just like we shouldn't claim of we're ordinary to save PRs we probably wouldn't claim FAs.

I wouldn't really call his unique. It's the same FA as Terra on a basic level, it just mentions scum chat because he was allowed to reveal results here in the main thread so he could have played himself as an FA cop.

I'm curious where the third kill came from, it seems odd we would have a full fledged SK with the town vigilante and a neutral with a one shot kill as well. I know this game was lol balance but we usually stray from games ending that fast. If I had to guess Splinter didn't like Faddy's vote either, so he shot there, Splinter had to be killed by scum in that case which leaves AB to another vigilante or neutral kill. The other way is murkier because then scum could have killed Faddy or Splinter but the moral is still the same, an extra kill though at least that scenario could be explained by scum having a double kill but I don't see scum killing Faddy in any world anyway.

Karkador

Banned
what if:

1) Absolut checked Splinter, shared the result of his FA

2) Scum has a redirecting power that curbed his power onto himself, killing a Town player, which killed him twice

3) Faddy was the regular scum NK

Sorian

Banned
Not me.

Also, I'm a bit confused about what happened. None of the scenarios only including the three dead roles makes a lot of sense. Scum has zero incentive to kill Faddy and I don't see why Faddy would kill AB out of all people. So this leaves only options where one of them killed himself which also didn't happen on purpose. Therefore there has to be either a third killing role or some bus driver variation.

Guessing who or why Faddy would kill someone is pointless. He is a neutral on N1 with a survivor condition and a target on his back. His best option is to shoot into the dark and make sure to avoid killing in scuh a way that cause kills to be doubled up on one person. AB makes complete sense in that way. A switcher does make things more interesting and is a possibility but Splinter shooting Faddy makes a lot of sense so I don't see it happening there.

FluxWaveZ

I wouldn't really call his unique. It's the same FA as Terra on a basic level, it just mentions scum chat because he was allowed to reveal results here in the main thread so he could have played himself as an FA cop.

I'm curious where the third kill came from, it seems odd we would have a full fledged SK with the town vigilante and a neutral with a one shot kill as well. I know this game was lol balance but we usually stray from games ending that fast. If I had to guess Splinter didn't like Faddy's vote either, so he shot there, Splinter had to be killed by scum in that case which leaves AB to another vigilante or neutral kill. The other way is murkier because then scum could have killed Faddy or Splinter but the moral is still the same, an extra kill though at least that scenario could be explained by scum having a double kill but I don't see scum killing Faddy in any world anyway.

Why aren't you considering the possibility that Faddy killed absolutbro?

Sorian

Banned
what if:

1) Absolut checked Splinter, shared the result of his FA

2) Scum has a redirecting power that curbed his power onto himself, killing a Town player, which killed him twice

3) Faddy was the regular scum NK

What games do you play where an investigation role has access to their results before day start? Absolut would have known the results at the end of the night phase, well past the deadline for submitting night actions.

Sorian

Banned
Why aren't you considering the possibility that Faddy killed absolutbro?

Because I'm groggy and woke up a half hour ago and I address it in my next post. 3 kills was more than expected which made me think there was a lot going on but yes, Splinter -> Faddy -> AB (scum) -> Splinter makes complete sense and avoids the need for an extra killer.

Ty4on

What I meant is a townie couldn't have had a FA like that. I guess he could've claimed a variant (not allowed to say in main thread) tho.

Sorian

Banned
My question is really whether Absolut shared his result with the scum team, because the meaning of this

changes based on the answer

Er, Karkador, I'm with Sorian here. How would absolutbro have known the results of his investigation before he died?

^

Seriously.

Now let's cut the crap, the game is so centered around FAs to the point that there is someone who can remove FAs, I don't believe that you don't have one.

Karkador

Banned
Er, Karkador, I'm with Sorian here. How would absolutbro have known the results of his investigation before he died?

True, but why would scum want to kill Faddy of all people? Dude was lined up for a Day 2 lynch, and they knew he wasn't one of theirs. Easy suspicion away from them.

Ty4on

True, but why would scum want to kill Faddy of all people? Dude was lined up for a Day 2 lynch, and they knew he wasn't one of theirs. Easy suspicion away from them.
That's why they probably killed Splinter instead. Faddy killing AB makes sense, he was the second person to vote for him.

FluxWaveZ

Pretty sure we're discussing how Splinter might have been the one that killed Faddy. I don't know why you're convinced he was killed by scum.

Also, could you vote for me right now, Karkador? I'd appreciate it.

FluxWaveZ

Is this about me not voting for anybody yesterday?

Yeah, it is. And it's me thinking that your forbidden action might be not being able to vote, because either you have a really (possibly neutral) role with no FA, or you're lying about you not having one.

Natiko

Banned
All things considered this wasn't the worst result we could've had. It seems likely Splinter got to make use of his power before he died at least. Then we got rid of a neutral and scum too. My guess is scum kill Splinter who kills Faddy for that awful looking tie (I was going to start today off with a vote on him) who kills AbsolutBro (in post 906 he lists Terra and AB as scum, maybe he just figured he'd follow through considering he likely was glad to see Terra dead).

I'm still at work but I'll dive into stuff more tonight.

Kark is your FA not being able to vote?

FluxWaveZ

Heh, alright. You're off the hook for that one. But if you really don't have an FA, there are still some troubling implications about that, though we've learned that scum actually do have forbidden actions of their own. So I dunno.

there is someone who is no longer bound by an FA (maybe, I guess that action could be x-shot and they didn't use it), so is anyone free from their FA.

Is it a good thing for the player who got their FA removed to say as much?

Natiko

Banned
I see as I slowly typed that out more posts came in lol

Disregard that then Kark.

Also, if Blarg is somehow not full of shit he copied Faddy.

Sorian

Banned
That people can not have FAs? Have you read Faddy's role flip?

You are being dense on purpose. No, that AB would not have had the results of his investigation ready to reveal and suicide. That said, sure, let's talk about Faddy's role flip, what does that have to do with ANYTHING about you. Going to claim next that the FA deleter targeted you N0?

Heh, alright. You're off the hook for that one. But if you really don't have an FA, there are still some troubling implications about that, though we've learned that scum actually do have forbidden actions of their own. So I dunno.

Is it a good thing for the player who got their FA removed to say as much?

Is it bad? I'm trying to think of a downside but there isn't really one. It's likely no one will lie because they could be counter claimed easily and it's not like having no FA provides some downside. I don't need the person to reveal their FA since that could still out a role but knowing they are no longer bound is good info.

Sorian

Banned
Is it possible there was a threeway here? AB killed Splinter, Splinter killed Faddy and Faddy killed AB?

latest

FluxWaveZ

Is it bad? I'm trying to think of a downside but there isn't really one. It's likely no one will lie because they could be counter claimed easily and it's not like having no FA provides some downside. I don't need the person to reveal their FA since that could still out a role but knowing they are no longer bound is good info.

Alright. Well, during Night 1, I'm the one who got my Forbidden Action removed. I'll actually be able to properly contribute to voting now.

Karkador

Banned
You are being dense on purpose. No, that AB would not have had the results of his investigation ready to reveal and suicide. That said, sure, let's talk about Faddy's role flip, what does that have to do with ANYTHING about you. Going to claim next that the FA deleter targeted you N0?

Whether AB died last night or kept living, I think it would have made sense for somebody who checks FAs to check the guy claiming he had no FA. I hope he did, because it would have been a nice waste of time for them.

Faddy's role flip has everything to do with me. I'm the FA deleter.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have roleclaim to make.

Natiko

Banned
I need to stop playing while at work lol Yet again disregard, I misunderstood Faddy's pm. I thought his power was to kill or wipe out the FA based on skimming it and everyone's posts.

Karkador

Banned
I am the one with the power to remove your Forbidden Actions.

I have two shots, and used one already.

Consider me your pure messiah today, because I want to save somebody with my final act on this god-forsaken
rip sophia
earth.

Commence groveling.

FluxWaveZ

Say what? Are you saying Faddy didn't kill last night?

I don't think there's a correlation there, since Faddy's FA was just:
The player with the forbidden action removing role lives until the end of the game
So he could kill anyone, but it's just that he would lose if this specific player wins.

Interesting that the neutral was attached to this player, though. We might have another neutral in play.

Top Bottom