• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Sorian

Banned
I am the one with the power to remove your Forbidden Actions.

I have two shots, and used one already.

Consider me your pure messiah today, because I want to save somebody with my final act on this god-forsaken
rip sophia
earth.

Commence groveling.

Meh, the posts coming in at the same time lends some credence to it. No clue if this is a scum or town power but it at least takes away the lying angle.

UNVOTE

FluxWaveZ

This wouldn't be the first time in this game I've posted your name in highlight tags, though

Ooh. I was confused about what this even meant, but I didn't bother following it up. Now I get ya.

Thanks, then, I guess. Um, do you know why the "Ultimate Improviser" would have been directly attached to you not making it to the end of the game?

Sorian

Banned
Ooh. I was confused about what this even meant, but I didn't bother following it up. Now I get ya.

Thanks, then, I guess. Um, do you know why the "Ultimate Improviser" would have been directly attached to you not making it to the end of the game?

The other neutral if we're being honest with ourselves.

Karkador

Banned
It's also why I was poking around about FAs yesterday.

It was between OA and Flux, who claimed their FAs. The other consideration was Blarg, but that seemed like a gamble.

Karkador

Banned

Seems like it's for balance purposes. I'm Town. None of the FAs I've seen so far look RNG'd or anything. They all seem fairly specific to the role they're attached to, though I couldn't tell you what a voting-centered FA is supposed to counterbalance, other than perhaps to make you vote weirdly and draw suspicion.

Sorian

Banned
I mean, I'd like to ask why, but I guess it might not be the best idea for you to reveal why it has to be Day 3 specifically? But then I'm not sure why you mentioned it now when we're quite a while away from then.

FA related and asking Kark to remove it for her.

Karkador

Banned
If you die automatically on D3, doesn't that kinda make scum ignore you (i mean, after you announce it), since it'd be wasting an NK?

Sorian

Banned
If you die automatically on D3, doesn't that kinda make scum ignore you (i mean, after you announce it), since it'd be wasting an NK?

I'm sure it's not automatic, just "unfair." For example, you die if X is alive on day 3. If she is unable to kill anyone then she is just leaving it to chance or you.

I feel like this goes without saying but you shouldn't be announcing who you are targeting. Scum roleblocker isn't exactly rare in gafia and the air of mystery makes it so that scum might gamble and hope you remove a stipulation from them.

Ty4on

♪ BELIEVE it or not, Blarg's probably sleeping, pls
Leave a message, (don't) PM him
But if you have died, thanks for calling it off
He's so sorry~
BELIEVE it or not, wasn't him
♫​

Karkador

Banned
VOTE: Sorian

So, two things:

First of all, the way you pushed for Terra's lynch/implosion yesterday, with posts from another game, to be pretty unfair and rather misleading. I clicked to follow a post you quoted and was surprised when I found myself IN ANOTHER THREAD. You tried to push suspicion on him by quoting from a game that's done and behind us. You've come off pretty cynical and sort of on metagame autopilot, but this crossed even that line.

Ty4on likewise needs to be shamed for posting a link to a scumchat in an ancient thread on a website we don't use anymore. That's crazy, man. It just shouldn't be relevant, and should not be admissible in this court.

Second, I want to review your claimed FA, and what you said about FAs Day 1.

For reminders, here's your FA claim:

Also, let's get this out of the way now so that I don't get burned if the day ends early for some reason, my FA is still in place and I have to role claim before day 2 ends. I'm an even night commuter. So gg on not killing me N1 for once, also gg when I get hit with the barrage of "Sorian is obviously scum and is just trying to excuse living through night phases."

So if I'm reading this right, your FA is that you must claim on Day 2.

Of all the FAs we've seen flipped, or heard about, the common thread is, naturally, that it's an action you can't do or can't let happen, not an action you must do. There's a difference.

So please clarify what your FA is, because this is fitting in as well as Faddy's "must rhyme every fourth post" FA claim that he rescinded.

Jokes on you, I already posted my forbidden action.

That said, I have no issue with discussion and pretending otherwise doesn't change that, I'm not interested in chasing garbage though, not really sorry that I feel like you and Splinter aren't actually being sincere in what you are pushing.

I've looked and haven't found where you posted your forbidden action before this post. Please link.

Where crap like what is going to happen? Blarg's FA isn't going to hinder him from playing the game in such a complete way. They are meant to be annoyances and minor handicaps, what Blarg is presenting us is a facade that forces him to post the same thing over and over again and when presented with a "coded" way of responding to us, he ignored it anyway. You're trying to ask the question of who is getting in the vote and why, I'm still talking about the actual issue of is Blarg scum or not.

Being forced to roleclaim Day 2 doesn't sound like a "annoyance or minor handicap" to a player, especially one like you

Sorian

Banned
VOTE: Sorian

So, two things:

First of all, the way you pushed for Terra's lynch/implosion yesterday, with posts from another game, to be pretty unfair and rather misleading. I clicked to follow a post you quoted and was surprised when I found myself IN ANOTHER THREAD. You tried to push suspicion on him by quoting from a game that's done and behind us. You've come off pretty cynical and sort of on metagame autopilot, but this crossed even that line.

Ty4on likewise needs to be shamed for posting a link to a scumchat in an ancient thread on a website we don't use anymore. That's crazy, man. It just shouldn't be relevant, and should not be admissible in this court.

Second, I want to review your claimed FA, and what you said about FAs Day 1.

For reminders, here's your FA claim:

So if I'm reading this right, your FA is that you must claim on Day 2.

Of all the FAs we've seen flipped, or heard about, the common thread is, naturally, that it's an action you can't do or can't let happen, not an action you must do. There's a difference.

So please clarify what your FA is, because this is fitting in as well as Faddy's "must rhyme every fourth post" FA claim that he rescinded.

I've looked and haven't found where you posted your forbidden action before this post. Please link.

Being forced to roleclaim Day 2 doesn't sound like a "annoyance or minor handicap" to a player, especially one like you

I'm not sure why you were surprised. The common theme appears to be a lack of reading but I was very clear that I was talking about Gafia 1 and everyone else seemed to understand that point other than you. I don't subscribe to the "meta is bad" argument that you do, talking about people's past is 100% admissible in court.

My exact FA (with wording slightly changed) is that I can't let day 2 end without fully role claiming. You're trying to argue semantics, while you are right that all of the FAs are written in a way of things you can't do, all it is is a grammer switch to turn them into FAs you have to do.

(Make sure you have more posts than Sorian at all time, Don't role claim in any capacity, Only kill non-aligned players, etc.)

As for my FA claim:

Someone here probably has to role claim before a certain time as well.

It's me, the answer is me

Clear as day but purposely low-key because obviously this FA belongs to a power role.

As far as being forced to role claim. It is kind of a minor hindrance. I have to tell you all that I'm a commuter which kind of sucks but there's nothing anyone can do about it aside from voting me out because claiming doesn't stop the fact that I'm commuting tonight.. Would it be nice to stop a kill? Sure, but it would also be nice if our cop could divulge results, the whole theme here is pretty clear that the power roles are being limited by the FA in place

Sorian

Banned
And if anyone cares about flavor, I'm the SHSL video game journalist. The flavor is exactly what you would expect, I hole myself away to write about breaking news.

Karkador

Banned
I'm not sure why you were surprised. The common theme appears to be a lack of reading but I was very clear that I was talking about Gafia 1 and everyone else seemed to understand that point other than you. I don't subscribe to the "meta is bad" argument that you do, talking about people's past is 100% admissible in court.

It's in the rules, I guess the common theme IS a lack of reading

5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.

Sorian

Banned

That refers to non-mafia threads. It's the "real life" rule of not pestering someone just because they came on GAF to post somewhere else and didn't feel like checking into the game thread. Good try though.

Natiko

Banned
If referring to someone's previous games is truly against the rule then some mods need to go back and mod kill about half the participants in every game I've ever been in lol Hell, in Quarantine you referenced your OWN play in previous games Kark.

Karkador

Banned
You're trying to rules-lawyer how you took 'evidence' from a completed, fully public game with definite info that Terra was scum to throw more shade at Terra in our current game. It's scummy even if you don't catch a modkill for it. It's a desperate grab at info from another game to put pressure and drive a lynch.

I thought you were supposed to be like....Good at this game?

Karkador

Banned
If referring to someone's previous games is truly against the rule then some mods need to go back and mod kill about half the participants in every game I've ever been in lol Hell, in Quarantine you referenced your OWN play in previous games Kark.

I really try to avoid it, but I can accept (and have to acknowledge) metagaming to a degree. I wasn't quoting posts from other threads, though.

Sorian

Banned
I'm the one trying to rules-lawyer? Really? -_-

If you're trying to bait me it's not going to work. Terra straight did something that was indicative of his scum play in the past and it was a very specific action. I voted him and don't regret that in the least. Past that, pretending it was my only reason when he was already sketchy before doing that and came back with mass overreaction as the winds slightly went towards him is a wrong assertion as well.

Natiko

Banned
Well while you two hammer each other over the semantics of what is and isn't appropriate I'm going to move my focus elsewhere.

VOTE: OceanicAir

Your contributions day one were minimal at best. Your claimed FA would be fairly convenient for scum to discourage votes in their direction. Those two things make me skeptical of your alignment.

I'm also skeptical of Blarg, kingkitty, Bronx, and Stan.

I've tried going back and looking through AbsolutBro's posts to try and discern more from them but didn't come away with much.

This post has gone a long way towards lessening my suspicions of Royal as it doesn't seem like an interaction that would occur between two scum. This in turn has made me feel better about Ty again as his strong insistence not to vote for Royal concerned me.

I noticed that AB only really mentioned/interacted with a handful of people. I really don't know how to derive information from that though.

Ty4on

I read this 100% as you shouldn't stalk what they're doing outside of the game. Hand in hand with neither lying your own nor doubting others real life excuses.
I blatantly use other games to get an idea of their default town play and what they can do as scum. People are different.

Anyhow, anyone with half a brain could have seen Terra was town yesterday if they compared it to his town and scum play
:p

Rule 5 means that you can't complain about someone being online on Discord but not posting in the thread, or use that as an argument. Referring to previous games has always been allowed.

Karkador

Banned
I read this 100% as you shouldn't stalk what they're doing outside of the game. Hand in hand with neither lying your own nor doubting others real life excuses.
I blatantly use other games to get an idea of their default town play and what they can do as scum. People are different.

Anyhow, anyone with half a brain could have seen Terra was town yesterday if they compared it to his town and scum play
:p

I don't think you could police doing research on players even if you wanted to, but the act of quoting posts from other threads and egging people to go read is digging for stuff that's not relevant to the game.

Even if it's not against the rules, it's desperate reaching to throw someone under the bus. Huge red flag.

karkador (0)
sorian 1151 (1201)

fluxwavez (0)
karkador 1183 (1227)

sorian (1)
karkador 1227

oceanicair (1)
natiko 1241

An up to date vote count can be found here.

Majority is 7

Day Ends:
bla_1486933200.png

Karkador

Banned
Rule 5 means that you can't complain about someone being online on Discord but not posting in the thread, or use that as an argument. Referring to previous games has always been allowed.

I could swear we've discussed this before in this context, and the consensus was that it's bad play.

Natiko

Banned
You've also basically throw Sorian a lifeline with that, thanks

Making the argument that it was a bad play is a more compelling argument than semantics regarding the rules anyways. If the crux of your argument was that he went against the spirit of the rules as opposed to making scummy plays then Sorian won't need a lifeline to shrug off your accusations.

Sorian

Banned
You've also basically throw Sorian a lifeline with that, thanks

Maybe you shouldn't be arguing the rulebook in public. Its kind of pot and kettle at this point if we want to argue about meta things.

Well while you two hammer each other over the semantics of what is and isn't appropriate I'm going to move my focus elsewhere.

VOTE: OceanicAir

Your contributions day one were minimal at best. Your claimed FA would be fairly convenient for scum to discourage votes in their direction. Those two things make me skeptical of your alignment.

I'm also skeptical of Blarg, kingkitty, Bronx, and Stan.

I've tried going back and looking through AbsolutBro's posts to try and discern more from them but didn't come away with much.

This post has gone a long way towards lessening my suspicions of Royal as it doesn't seem like an interaction that would occur between two scum. This in turn has made me feel better about Ty again as his strong insistence not to vote for Royal concerned me.

I noticed that AB only really mentioned/interacted with a handful of people. I really don't know how to derive information from that though.

I'm reading this and I'm not sure why that post lessens suspicion on Royal, just because he misunderstood a point that AB was trying to make? I'm still chewing on how I feel about Royal after his increased activity at day end and I haven't really gone back to see AB interactions yet but I could easily flip this and say, why did the interaction even happen in the first place? Seems like such a useless thing to point out and scum sometimes goes out of their way to interact with teammates publicly because a lot of rookie mistakes come from ignoring teammates in public.

Top Bottom