• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Ty4on

This post has gone a long way towards lessening my suspicions of Royal as it doesn't seem like an interaction that would occur between two scum. This in turn has made me feel better about Ty again as his strong insistence not to vote for Royal concerned me.

I noticed that AB only really mentioned/interacted with a handful of people. I really don't know how to derive information from that though.

I got to that post too. I wouldn't clear Flush from it, but it struck me as odd too that he'd misunderstand it.

I misread AB so I'm doubting myself a bit. The thing I'm most worried about is that I'm basing my scum!Flush from Heist which was his second Gafia game IIRC. What I like though is he doesn't seem to be trying to look townie. He got lynched in Pokemon for playing kinda like this.
I don't think you could police doing research on players even if you wanted to, but the act of quoting posts from other threads and egging people to go read is digging for stuff that's not relevant to the game.

Even if it's not against the rules, it's desperate reaching to throw someone under the bus. Huge red flag.
It's just another tool.

Take someone like Splinter. In early Gafia it was said he played like town as scum and scum as town. The way I read him is he's more aggressive, certain and serious as scum. If you were to use that to read me though it would't work well in my past games. I'm more passive, a lot less tunneling and much happier to post fluff than solve as scum.
That's why I town read Terra. He reminded me of how he behaved in the first Danganronpa with his hard defence of CzarTim. In contrast he stayed under the radar in Zelda and wasn't rattled by accusations.

But I digress, this isn't really about Sorian. Reading his championship games this was the way of doing things there. It wasn't uncommon for players to quote posts from other games or even requesting other players' past games.

Sorian

Banned
This topic doesn't interest me anymore Kark, it's fairly clear you aren't scum. That you may still just be a second neutral there to counter the survivor isn't really a point I care about today. You presumably think I am scum, convince the otherswhile I figure out what I'm doing today (which will most likely end up being later tonight).

Natiko

Banned
It wasn't, but who's gonna keep listening after the mod weighed in? I might as well not play today
Let's not go that far. You're one of my town reads so I'd much prefer if you kept up the activity from the last day phase.
I'm reading this and I'm not sure why that post lessens suspicion on Royal, just because he misunderstood a point that AB was trying to make? I'm still chewing on how I feel about Royal after his increased activity at day end and I haven't really gone back to see AB interactions yet but I could easily flip this and say, why did the interaction even happen in the first place? Seems like such a useless thing to point out and scum sometimes goes out of their way to interact with teammates publicly because a lot of rookie mistakes come from ignoring teammates in public.
I guess my thinking is if they were on the same team they wouldn't miscommunicate and confuse each other. I mean Royal completely misinterpreted the situation which I wouldn't expect between two people speaking elsewhere. Could it have been manufactured? Maybe, I mean that would be a step past the coordinating scum have done in any of my past games but I'm sure it's happened. If you want to frame it in that context it's interesting that both Royal and AB went from non-entities to posting a fair amount at day end. Then again they would be dinged just as hard if they had continued to not bother to participate.

Ty4on

I'm reading this and I'm not sure why that post lessens suspicion on Royal, just because he misunderstood a point that AB was trying to make? I'm still chewing on how I feel about Royal after his increased activity at day end and I haven't really gone back to see AB interactions yet but I could easily flip this and say, why did the interaction even happen in the first place? Seems like such a useless thing to point out and scum sometimes goes out of their way to interact with teammates publicly because a lot of rookie mistakes come from ignoring teammates in public.

Yeah. That makes me think he was trying to solve AB which a scum mate probably wouldn't be doing.
It's also stretched out over a few posts. In my experience W/W has a tendancy of being just:
Scum_1 said:

Scum_2 said:
Scum_1 said:
I hate you
Scum_1 said:
Scum_2 said:
I hate you
I hate you too
And then they go back to ignoring each other.

Sorian

Banned
I guess my thinking is if they were on the same team they wouldn't miscommunicate and confuse each other. I mean Royal completely misinterpreted the situation which I wouldn't expect between two people speaking elsewhere. Could it have been manufactured? Maybe, I mean that would be a step past the coordinating scum have done in any of my past games but I'm sure it's happened. If you want to frame it in that context it's interesting that both Royal and AB went from non-entities to posting a fair amount at day end. Then again they would be dinged just as hard if they had continued to not bother to participate.

It doesn't need to be manufactured though. You can look at any scum thread here or even on other sites. It's a fallacy to think that just because scum has an outside chat that they use it for every little detail. Worrying about limericks and Blarg singing isn't exactly something I would expect to see a ton of discussion on in private. My only real point is that Royal could have misunderstood AB with them still both being scum. The manufacturing is if we think that Royal would have gone out of his way to act chummy with a scum buddy to seem more natural.

Well while you two hammer each other over the semantics of what is and isn't appropriate I'm going to move my focus elsewhere.

VOTE: OceanicAir

Your contributions day one were minimal at best. Your claimed FA would be fairly convenient for scum to discourage votes in their direction. Those two things make me skeptical of your alignment.

I'm also skeptical of Blarg, kingkitty, Bronx, and Stan.

I've tried going back and looking through AbsolutBro's posts to try and discern more from them but didn't come away with much.

This post has gone a long way towards lessening my suspicions of Royal as it doesn't seem like an interaction that would occur between two scum. This in turn has made me feel better about Ty again as his strong insistence not to vote for Royal concerned me.

I noticed that AB only really mentioned/interacted with a handful of people. I really don't know how to derive information from that though.

Those reasons are certainly something, if you're hoping for me to become a high volume poster then you'll be waiting for a while. And this nonsense about my FA discouraging votes is kinda silly. All it means is that I can't end the day with the second most votes, nothing is stopping anybody for voting me. For about 99% of people that play mafia, having the second most votes at the end of the day means absolutely nothing.

So if by day end you guys want me dead give me the most votes like you would do any other person, otherwise leave me out of the top two.

Natiko

Banned
Those reasons are certainly something, if you're hoping for me to become a high volume poster then you'll be waiting for a while. And this nonsense about my FA discouraging votes is kinda silly. All it means is that I can't end the day with the second most votes, nothing is stopping anybody for voting me. For about 99% of people that play mafia, having the second most votes at the end of the day means absolutely nothing.

So if by day end you guys want me dead give me the most votes like you would do any other person, otherwise leave me out of the top two.
Your FA inherently makes it a risky proposal to even have you in the running at day end. Just look at the last phase, had you been in that situation when there's uncertainty and votes moving frequently your FA would have been a big concern and could've swayed people away from voting you still.

I'm not expecting you to become the most frequent poster, but when you do post you could be contributing more. I've said it multiple times but if I notice someone being both inactive and spending their few posts not trying to solve and give reads I'm going to be concerned about your alignment.

kingkitty

splinter is dead? good riddance

interesting how scum-centric AB's forbidden action is. perhaps it does force scum into situations where they have to lie about their FA (along with their roleclaim), but I guess we'll need another scum death to confirm the FA thing.

Some quick reads:

Royal_Flush - Lean non-scum. RF threw a little bit of shade against AB, and AB seemed to throw some shade back by trying to put RF on Bronx's list of suspicions (which was just a list of Terra voters). Of course it could be some slight scum scuffle, but I'm just gonna follow my gut for now.

Bronx-Man - Lean suspicious. The quick finger pointing after the Terra lynch was a little too overeager. He gets 3 burnt donuts.

Fluxwave - Lean slight suspicious. He said he believed the Terra lynch was just a waste of time, as he originally thought. But it didn't seem like he did much noise making that point when Terra was gaining votes while at the same time threatening seppuku. Even in the early goings before Terra threaten to spill his guts all over the floor, Fluxwave came off more wishy washy than anything else. Feels like a slight attempt to distance himself. 2 burnt donuts.

Blarg - Lean unsure. Looking back, it is pretty interesting that of all people, Blarg is the one who gets the most flamboyant FA (assuming his behavior is related to an FA). No one else seems to be doing anything nearly bizarre. The closest would be Faddy's poem, and that was a complete fake. Having Blarg connected to this type of FA feels too perfect. So I guess a little part of my brain thinks this might just be a big ole lie/bold gambit. Maybe I'm just being unfair to Blarg!

Kark - Lean neutral? Faddy is the "Ultimate Improviser" neutral, whose enemy seems to be a player who can remove FAs. This is more a spitball, but it just feels right mechanically to have the sworn enemy also be a neutral. Although as long as Kark isn't a lyin' piece of dirt (always a chance, could be secret lucky buddy bulletproof serial killer), not really a huge issue at the moment if he is a neutral.

I'll give more hot pepper reads tomorrow after I drink (or earlier in the day before I drink).

Sorian

Banned
I'll remember this the next time Splinter or Cabot post some ol' bullshit about one of my votes and no one calls them out for it.

How much of a chip do you have on your shoulder?

I'm going to go read AB again before I go to sleep.

Kark, I'm not sure if you are actually tantruming and not playing or if you just had something come up but if it's the first, knock it off. Don't worry, you can still play, the mod clarifying a rule doesn't actually say anything about me, you can still come at me as much as you like.

Sorian

Banned
Not really a long read, I quoted a few things which I'll try to crop to get the the point. This first post is probably the closest he had to a reads list and it was about halfway through day 1 so take that how you will, the first half of the post is all about Faddy and some buddy buddy talk with Ty4on but I'll talk about Ty4on with another post I quoted so I'm cropping it out, feel free to click back to read it yourself.

As for the game state, the Sorian/Karkador bickering feels like play styles are just clashing. It almost reminds me of Batman, but I town read both players here so far. More so Sorian I think, mostly since he has seemed to not dwell on FAs as much, but I say that without going back and rereading so dont take it as gospel or anything.

Bronx has played like Bronx. Problem for me is that Bronx seems to play the same as town, scum or dirty neutral ascetic serial killer.

Nin has been gambiting, but why? I guess we will find out at some point.

Ty4on I town read, though I somewhat selfishly do not like him co-opting my Faddy accusation. :p Still, his posts have been pretty detailed and hunting.

The first thing about me and Kark looks a lot like scum sitting out of town bickering. You all can judge that on your own though, I have my read on Kark already so meh.

The Bronx read is super lazy but I don't think it says anything about Bronx's alignment. Bronx had posted recently if I saw right and AB was just trying to talk about current events.

The nin mention is more interesting to me, it looks like light shade but it's just tossed aside. If I'm being honest, I straight see AB starting a light scum read on nin to collect good will later if nin flips scum or if he starts getting votes and AB has to jump on the wagon.

I get the opposite from Ty4on. AB is falling in line with someone who is clearly town, though some were disagreeing with Ty, I don't think he had very much in the way of people actually scum reading him. And AB didn't feel the need to rock that boat.

Huh, had not thought of it that way. Fair point.

AB is talking to Flush here after Flush says that Terra suiciding would be good. Though I still think something is up with Flush, I have to admit this is weird if they are teammates. Taking opposite stances is common but a lot of the point is lost if you just agree with your teammate right away, especially when the point really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Wow. That is some quality shade.

Here, let me get that quote for you:

Ooh, so scummy. "It is an anti-town move for town to kill themself because if we then mislynch we have two town dead D1."

Yes, clearly I know he is town. It could not possibly be:

As long as we are throwing shade around:

How did that pro-suicide stance work out for town?

I quoted this one because I can see why at least AB would have been worried about Splinter. He was going in hard and if Splinter had gone in on someone else on the scum team as well, I'd believe they were spooked enough to just kill him. I am aware this could also be justification that Splinter killed AB but keep in mind that would mean scum killed Faddy which they wouldn't do purposely so that's still probably not the case.

Sorian

Banned
Also,

VOTE: nin1000

I think there is something here and nin actually needs to get to speaking his mind as opposed to asking weak questions anyway.

I need to reread Splinter too at some point. I think he was taking a very shotgun approach but maybe there was something more targeted there, the shade at AB was more focused than I remember.

Blargs continued aliveness irritates me a bit, but fuck it, i believe in second chances, lets see if he can do anything more that the complicated nothing we all love him for.

also since it was brought up yesterday,
yeah, that thing about my FA being me not being nice to people was a total joke.

nin1000

Banned
Also,

VOTE: nin1000

I think there is something here and nin actually needs to get to speaking his mind as opposed to asking weak questions anyway.

I need to reread Splinter too at some point. I think he was taking a very shotgun approach but maybe there was something more targeted there, the shade at AB was more focused than I remember.

qKDyqC4.gif

alright, first off, on behalf of good taste I'd like to apologize for the overt corniness that I put on display during Yesterday's end

secondly, the other part of my "FA" was not being allowed to vote against Terra; hence, after his tragic untimely demise Yesterday, my vote experiment to see if I would still die with him already dead

I did not

CONCLUSION: If one of the subjects of your Forbidden Action is already dead, you will no longer die from commiting that aspect of your Forbidden Action.

also, yeah RIP

thirdly, something something mumble cough

its like this is your first time watching a death game story, there always has to be an immediate sacrifice to prove the consequences of breaking the rules.
really gotta get the tension going so that everyone has an excuse for their terrible decision making.
c'mon man learn the tropes.

yeah, you tell 'em whats next, Stan

Damn, Faddy was my highest scum read. This leaves Sorian, Natiko, RoyalFlush, & Kitty as the only reads I got leaning scum.

I would love to lynch you for keeping pursuing that crappy line but frankly I think if you were Scum you would have quietly dropped it today after half the thread told you to fuck off yesterday.

But seriously, the fact that people voted against Terra before his threatened suicide (Sorian wasn't even there afterwards) or then later called his bluff (well, it wasn't a bluff after all) says next to nothing about alignment.

splinter is dead? good riddance

*snip*

X2fLqRP.gif

*snip*

Blarg - Lean unsure. Looking back, it is pretty interesting that of all people, Blarg is the one who gets the most flamboyant FA (assuming his behavior is related to an FA). No one else seems to be doing anything nearly bizarre. The closest would be Faddy's poem, and that was a complete fake. Having Blarg connected to this type of FA feels too perfect. So I guess a little part of my brain thinks this might just be a big ole lie/bold gambit. Maybe I'm just being unfair to Blarg!

*snip*

It's not you, it's me

This topic doesn't interest me anymore Kark, it's fairly clear you aren't scum. That you may still just be a second neutral there to counter the survivor isn't really a point I care about today. You presumably think I am scum, convince the otherswhile I figure out what I'm doing today (which will most likely end up being later tonight).

I don't like this clearance twosome you got going on there

FluxWaveZ

Blarg, I find it hard to believe a word you're saying. Why would your forbidden action be to specifically not vote on a scum-aligned player? And how would that even tie into your "communication issues" on the previous Day phase (unless that was just a blatant lie, too).

meaning: I have to kill you Tonight, Kark

I'll even let you vote yourself out

And what?

Anyways, top scum on my list is still:

Vote: nin1000

Blarg, I find it hard to believe a word you're saying. Why would your forbidden action be to specifically not vote on a scum-aligned player?

*snip*

*looks at Terra's alignment*

*snip*

And how would that even tie into your "communication issues" on the previous Day phase (unless that was just a blatant lie, too).

*snip*

communication "issues"

*snip*

And what?

*snip*

You'll figure it out, I BELIEVE in you

FluxWaveZ

*looks at Terra's alignment*

Oh woops, I must have read that as absolutbro for some reason. I'll blame that on it being early.

You'll figure it out, I BELIEVE in you

I'm bad at figuring things out, but it does sound like a threat from someone with a killing ability.

But you're also implying that there's another neutral (I guess?) who wants to set things on fire. A lot going on here, man.

Natiko

Banned
Oh woops, I must have read that as absolutbro for some reason. I'll blame that on it being early.

I'm bad at figuring things out, but it does sound like a threat from someone with a killing ability.

But you're also implying that there's another neutral (I guess?) who wants to set things on fire. A lot going on here, man.
He's implying he did in fact copy Faddy like I mentioned earlier. Faddy's FA requires Kark to die prior to game end. Blarg is literally calling his shot.

FluxWaveZ

He's implying he did in fact copy Faddy like I mentioned earlier. Faddy's FA requires Kark to die prior to game end. Blarg is literally calling his shot.

But... then doesn't that mean that we have today's lynch target?

And if that was actually his role, I find it hard to believe that he started off aligned with town in the first place, and that he might have been neutral to start with. Are we supposed to believe there are 3 neutral players in play here (potentially 4, if Karkador's one of 'em)?

Natiko

Banned

And if that was actually his role, I find it hard to believe that he started off aligned with town in the first place, and that he might have been neutral to start with. Are we supposed to believe there are 3 neutral players in play here (potentially 4, if Karkador's one of 'em)?
Leaving Blarg alive with the claimed ability to kill every night does seem like a potentially bad choice. He needs to be dealt with eventually if that's true, but whether he's the best choice I'm not sure. That depends on whether we think he's telling the truth and whether we think Kark is telling the truth.

FluxWaveZ

Leaving Blarg alive with the claimed ability to kill every night does seem like a potentially bad choice. He needs to be dealt with eventually if that's true, but whether he's the best choice I'm not sure. That depends on whether we think he's telling the truth and whether we think Kark is telling the truth.

Faddy's ability was one-shot, so he could only kill once and investigate a role once.

I mean, our win condition explicitly tells us to eliminate "all threats" to Town, and I'm pretty sure lynching neutrals would be part of that. Which means it'd be just as good as lynching scum right now, I don't see why we'd have to delay killing him.

Weird thing for Blarg to imply, though, considering this.

Fad's a 1-shot, excuse you

Faddy's ability was one-shot, so he could only kill once and investigate a role once.

I mean, our win condition explicitly tells us to eliminate "all threats" to Town, and I'm pretty sure lynching neutrals would be part of that. Which means it'd be just as good as lynching scum right now, I don't see why we'd have to delay killing him.

Weird thing for Blarg to imply, though, considering this.

It's Role, not Alignment, k. I'm as Town as you are.

and I think, if Kark doesn't die Tonight while I'm around, then I'm a liar

Sorian

Banned
alright, first off, on behalf of good taste I'd like to apologize for the overt corniness that I put on display during Yesterday's end

secondly, the other part of my "FA" was not being allowed to vote against Terra; hence, after his tragic untimely demise Yesterday, my vote experiment to see if I would still die with him already dead

I did not

CONCLUSION: If one of the subjects of your Forbidden Action is already dead, you will no longer die from commiting that aspect of your Forbidden Action.

also, yeah RIP

thirdly, something something mumble cough

I don't believe you about your original FA in the least. Your copycat thing is at least a tiny bit believable but with the rest of the nonsense, comes with too much baggage and coincidence.

I don't like this clearance twosome you got going on there

It doesn't really matter what you like. It's not really logical at all for the forbidden action remover to be scum.

AB: Man, I have a stipulation that I can't give you all info from my PR.

FA Remover: No big deal bro, I got you.

So if Kark is going to get the benefit of the role claim that he gets the rest of the clear as well. He could be lying but with the cockiness with which he roleclaimed, the claim of having no FA which could still be a lie but is a very convenient lie that I could see this role claiming, and no counter claim, I fine him lying on his role to be unlikely.

Sorian

Banned

Where are you getting the one extra neutral? Faddy, Kark, Blarg, and?

I don't believe you about your original FA in the least. Your copycat thing is at least a tiny bit believable but with the rest of the nonsense, comes with too much baggage and coincidence.

It doesn't really matter what you like. It's not really logical at all for the forbidden action remover to be scum.

AB: Man, I have a stipulation that I can't give you all info from my PR.

FA Remover: No big deal bro, I got you.

So if Kark is going to get the benefit of the role claim that he gets the rest of the clear as well. He could be lying but with the cockiness with which he roleclaimed, the claim of having no FA which could still be a lie but is a very convenient lie that I could see this role claiming, and no counter claim, I fine him lying on his role to be unlikely.

oh fuck off here we go with the Sorian chunk replies

brb

Top Bottom