• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

Sorian

Banned
oh yeah, and I'm Doused. Don't forget that I'm "Doused", by an "Arsonist". Who Doused me last Night, I'm asking

Oh yeah, right, I didn't really care about this either because it came from you but with the game going how it is so far, I doubt the "arsonist" is neutral and is probably more like the drink giver in gafia 2, so just an additional scum kill.

FluxWaveZ

It's Role, not Alignment, k. I'm as Town as you are.

and I think, if Kark doesn't die Tonight while I'm around, then I'm a liar

Role, but not alignment. I... see.

Where are you getting the one extra neutral? Faddy, Kark, Blarg, and?

With the assumption that Blarg is telling the truth about being doused (don't know if I should actually entertain this). I'm assuming that someone setting things on fire wouldn't be town-aligned. I guess they could be scum-aligned, but doesn't that sound kinda crazy?

Sorian

Banned
Faddy's ability was one-shot, so he could only kill once and investigate a role once.

I mean, our win condition explicitly tells us to eliminate "all threats" to Town, and I'm pretty sure lynching neutrals would be part of that. Which means it'd be just as good as lynching scum right now, I don't see why we'd have to delay killing him.

Weird thing for Blarg to imply, though, considering this.

Obviously not considering that Faddy could have won with town. He's only a "threat" if his one kill could somehow stop town from winning. If the shot is used or the kill wouldn't matter than he no longer needs to be lynched.

Sorian

Banned
With the assumption that Blarg is telling the truth about being doused (don't know if I should actually entertain this). I'm assuming that someone setting things on fire wouldn't be town-aligned. I guess they could be scum-aligned, but doesn't that sound kinda crazy?

Not really, as I said above, Ouro had this scum role in a mafia game recently already.

Oh yeah, right, I didn't really care about this either because it came from you but with the game going how it is so far, I doubt the "arsonist" is neutral and is probably more like the drink giver in gafia 2, so just an additional scum kill.

but I'm gonna die from it, Sorian

Aren't you uneased

FluxWaveZ

Obviously not considering that Faddy could have won with town. He's only a "threat" if his one kill could somehow stop town from winning. If the shot is used or the kill wouldn't matter than he no longer needs to be lynched.

Oh, is that how it works when it says "all threats" in the role PM? I see, so they must be active threats and not just "not aligned with town."

admit it, Sorian, Karkador is lying

I 100% got my forbidden action cleared when the day was about to start. With no one else raising a fuss about it, and the fact that his story completely matches up with mine (he even hinted at it before I confirmed it), I fully believe him.

*snip*

I 100% got my forbidden action cleared when the day was about to start. With no one else raising a fuss about it, and the fact that his story completely matches up with mine (he even hinted at it before I confirmed it), I fully BELIEVE him.

cahoots

What was your FA, hmm?

Natiko

Banned
Why would scum target Blarg of all people though? I'd be more apt to think Blarg himself is scum or just lying for the sake of lying.

Sorian

Banned
but I'm gonna die from it, Sorian

Aren't you uneased

What's the opposite of uneased?

Oh, is that how it works when it says "all threats" in the role PM? I see, so they must be active threats and not just "not aligned with town."

I 100% got my forbidden action cleared when the day was about to start. With no one else raising a fuss about it, and the fact that his story completely matches up with mine (he even hinted at it before I confirmed it), I fully believe him.

Oh right, that too, Kark did call Flux before he even said anything. So sure, Flux and Kark can be in on it together but not really the best longterm lie and the role still doesnt make sense to be scum aligned.

Sorian

Banned
Why would scum target Blarg of all people though? I'd be more apt to think Blarg himself is scum or just lying for the sake of lying.

I'm being nice for the sake of looking at it from all angles. A neutral would have no reason to target Blarg either, why would an arsonist or even a neutral marker target someone who is was the other top lynch candidate from day 1. You would want to douse someone who isn't going to get lynched or NK'd soon. A town arsonist maybe? But that seems like too much fire power when we had a vigilante too and a neutral that had a 1-shot kill.

Natiko

Banned
So let's see:

We have Blarg claiming he copied Faddy. He intends to use his one shot kill to kill Kark. At which point he may or may not be a hindrance to us, not sure what he would fall under at that point.

We have Kark who claims to be town but could be neutral. He has one more FA removal left.

If we think Blarg prevents us from winning due to having had a kill ability/believe Blarg to be scum/believe Kark to be town and not neutral then Blarg should be lynched today.

If we think we can win with Blarg/believe Kark is neutral then we can look elsewhere for scum.

Or it takes away my own ability to vote, like it did on D1?

yeah, (in)convenient

Think about it, people; a scumbro has their own set of personal scum abilitie(s), and what better a counter-balance for a scum than having to have 1 vote on themselves or else

Your "FA" fits a scum-aligned narrative perfectly

Sorian

Banned
So let's see:

We have Blarg claiming he copied Faddy. He intends to use his one shot kill to kill Kark. At which point he may or may not be a hindrance to us, not sure what he would fall under at that point.

We have Kark who claims to be town but could be neutral. He has one more FA removal left.

If we think Blarg prevents us from winning due to having had a kill ability/believe Blarg to be scum/believe Kark to be town and not neutral then Blarg should be lynched today.

If we think we can win with Blarg/believe Kark is neutral then we can look elsewhere for scum.

I'm in this camp though I'm still considering Blarg as possible scum. If he is a copycat Faddy neutral now though then I see no reason to lynch him if his one kill is going to be Kark considering the probably "Kark as neutral" theory. In other words, Blarg is still here tomorrow and there is better things to deal with today, the death (s) over night will answer plenty.

Sorian

Banned
yeah, (in)convenient

Think about it, people; a scumbro has their own set of personal scum abilitie(s), and what better a counter-balance for a scum than having to have 1 vote on themselves or else

On the surface, I want to say you are right because it is a good counter balance to scum. It's such a general FA though that it could counter-balance anything. It even works as something to just toss onto a vanilla townie in lieu of thinking of anything else creative.

FluxWaveZ

yeah, (in)convenient

Wait, how is my FA a counter-balance for scum?

Sorian

Banned
Wait, how is my FA a counter-balance for scum?

If your role had no obvious counter, this FA is a good one to throw in randomly. I could straight guess what role you are though which is all well and good but it's a role that could be either scum or town so meh.

E0w94WU.gif

I'm in this camp though I'm still considering Blarg as possible scum. If he is a copycat Faddy neutral now though then I see no reason to lynch him if his one kill is going to be Kark considering the probably "Kark as neutral" theory. In other words, Blarg is still here tomorrow and there is better things to deal with today, the death (s) over night will answer plenty.

Natiko

Banned
yeah, (in)convenient

On the surface, I want to say you are right because it is a good counter balance to scum. It's such a general FA though that it could counter-balance anything. It even works as something to just toss onto a vanilla townie in lieu of thinking of anything else creative.
How does this compare to what we have seen from Absolut's FA which we know interfered with his ability to work with the other scum? I figured they would be more along those lines.

Flux's to me seems most closely related to OA's.

On the surface, I want to say you are right because it is a good counter balance to scum.

THEN SAY I'M RIGHT

It's such a general FA though that it could counter-balance anything. It even works as something to just toss onto a vanilla townie in lieu of thinking of anything else creative.

but anything could counter anything

Flux's objectively works better on Despair

How does this compare to what we have seen from Absolut's FA which we know interfered with his ability to work with the other scum? I figured they would be more along those lines.

Just 'cause one of 'em can't get along with the others, doesn't mean all of them shan't

Picture this: he's wild, Flux is a rebel; his hair unkempt in the breeze, only one true love vote can tame the landscape within

It's scum poetry, I tell you

And you know how I know I'm right?

two words chat silence

That's the sound of [Mafia] panic, my friends. That's the sound of a Bad team rumbled

I got you, Flux et al.

I got you

FluxWaveZ

And you know how I know I'm right?

two words chat silence

That's the sound of [Mafia] panic, my friends. That's the sound of a Bad team rumbled

I got you, Flux et al.

I got you

Or, you know, I'm playing Street Fighter V and I'm kinda just shrugging at your "gotcha" arguments because they don't apply to me, but I don't really have any way of proving that, and because I don't even have that FA anymore so I don't really care.

Sorian

Banned

We can't assume that all of their FA's would hinder their ability to communicate with their team. It's because he was an information gathering role so his FA was pretty much the same as Terra's. The FAs clearly have more to do with the nature of the role and not the alignment of the role. Look at Splinter's for the same example. Faddy had an interesting one but that's likely because games usually only have one neutral winner which is why I think Kark is neutral.

THEN SAY I'M RIGHT

but anything could counter anything

Flux's objectively works better on Despair

See above, we are approaching this from a different angle. It could counter anything but I don't think FAs are there to counter alignment.

Natiko

Banned
I'm more inclined to agree with Sorian that our FAs are meant to counter potential roles. Looking at Sorian's for example having to claim hinders the utility of his ability. Terra's made it harder for him to share his results. I really don't know what Flux's or OA's would result in as far as lining up with roles though.

See above, we are approaching this from a different angle. It could counter anything but I don't think FAs are there to counter alignment.

Look, I get it, Sorian; you're trying to save your secret teammate Flux, and I can understand why you'd feel the need to do something like that. But there comes a time when you have to let go, Sorian. I understand.

I also understand that in scum's case, being the Alignment of "scum" is as much of a role as their Role is.

Take another poke at absbro's Forbidden Action:

"Your forbidden action is Revealing or strongly hinting at the results of your investigation in the Scum Faction Chat."​

yeah. His FA prohibited him from playing both his scum-Investigative Role, AND his Alignment, effectively. I see what you're trying to do, Sorian, and I'm not gonna allow you to divide and conquer like that, bruv. Role AND Alignment effectively.

abs' FA countered his Alignment too, no matter what you say.

So how does Flux's alleged FA fit in to this?

Consider that his (""""was"""") "gotta have 1 vote against him by Day end or else I can't vote"; like I said, such an FA mollifies a Despair-aligned by forcing him to actively SEEK vote aggro towards himself, all so that he may participate in the most important feature of the Day in being able to vote (from which if he chooses to continue to refrain, could invite too much such aggro), but carefully so as to not get voted out, yeah? All this clearly affects his Alignment play, Sorian. It forces a scum to court death by having to pursue the antithesis of scum play in (mild) Jester mode, just so they can look like a regular player to the rest of us.

And with regards to how his FA affects his Role? His alleged FA affects Alignment play MORE than any possible... Roleplay. Which, is why I think that not only Flux is scum, he's some fuckin' powerful scumlord type of scummy scum, like a Godfather or something, a Role that's entirely predicated on Alignment play. It's a perfect scum-narrative Role match for his FA.

scumFlux is scummy scum, all signs point

Also, it occurred to me that why didn't scumFlux just get a scum teammate to activate him by voting against him once? Thought: there's probably a stipulation in scumFlux's FA that the vote has to be from a non-scum player, so there. (Im)Perfection.

But of course, Kark **erased** Flux's FA ¬_¬

I say, to see if they're telling us the true-true; we flip Kark Today, and I'll finish off Flux Tonight

We all get what we want and dessert

Your FA inherently makes it a risky proposal to even have you in the running at day end. Just look at the last phase, had you been in that situation when there's uncertainty and votes moving frequently your FA would have been a big concern and could've swayed people away from voting you still.

I'm not expecting you to become the most frequent poster, but when you do post you could be contributing more. I've said it multiple times but if I notice someone being both inactive and spending their few posts not trying to solve and give reads I'm going to be concerned about your alignment.
Doesn't really change much if we are dealing with ifs and maybes. I can just as easily say that people would instead pile votes on me to ensure that I would get lynched, It's impossible to know how people will react.

UNVOTE: OceanicAir

VOTE: FluxWaveZ
I love you too, Blarg. <3
shout-outs to OceanicAir, Bronx-Man, StarSketch and nin1000 for their fantastic reads lists

No problem!
--------------------
I still don't have any reason to believe a single word that Blarg says, I'm just not sure that means anything in regards to his alignment. neutralish

Not a fan of Bronx going after the people that pressured Terra as opposed to the people that were okay with his suicide. I do agree with some of the names that voted Terra being suspect though. null

Stanley has somehow contributed even less than I have and his last two posts were voting someone and then saying "eh, maybe he should live!" scummish

Sketch is being sketchy as usual (which is a great thing tbh). But I'm assuming due to her being busy is why the opinions have been intermittent. townish

Natiko is someone I currently feel mixed about. There is this post from D1 talking about different permutations of players concerning Terra's flip and said that if Terra was town, to go after Faddy and AB, and of course both weren't town aligned. So I'm not sure if that's goods reads or insider knowledge. null

KingKitty is another member of team contributed less than i have. null

I'll get to the rest later

Sorian

Banned
I'm on mobile so I don't want to quote that big post and have to crop it but you say you can't think of ANY role play that being forced to have a vote on them at day end would be an issue? You aren't thinking much then because I can think of two. Innocent child/celebrity and double voter.

Bolding AB's FA doesn't actually show anything. His still wasn't countering his alignment. It was a nerf in his role preventing him from reporting his searches.

I'm on mobile so I don't want to quote that big post and have to crop it but you say you can't think of ANY role play that being forced to have a vote on them at day end would be an issue? You aren't thinking much then because I can think of two. Innocent child/celebrity and double voter.

Innocent Child is almost always a Town-aligned Role and if Flux is one then he'd better pull that handwavium outta his butt and stuff it in my face right now

What would a Doublevoter have to gain/lose by having to have a vote on them at the end of the Day, Role- or Alignment-wise? I can't think of any possible reason a Doublevoter would be affected by such an FA in either way, you're trippin'

Bolding AB's FA doesn't actually show anything. His still wasn't countering his alignment. It was a nerf in his role preventing him from reporting his searches.

yeah, to his scum-aligned team friends, Sorian

ergo, FA directly affecting Alignment play

case

match

point

Top Bottom