• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

kingkitty

A group of people who could be certain someone is "incredibly likely to be town" on day 1 would be scumbros.

Just because someone threatens to suicide doesn't make them "incredibly likely" to be town, and the action itself isn't a very pro-town move. Terra had at least a few hours left, where there was always a chance that another player could've been chosen to die instead. He made his own choice.

Also saying "we could have avoided any dead townies" on Day 1 just seems like a weird, easy to say thing in hindsight to make one look like a caring townie.

On the topic of Blarg, I'm gonna have to give him at least a few burnt donuts. I guess it was true, Blarg was lyin' about the need to post that way in Day 1 (unless I'm misreading something here). I can't say the track record (which to be fair is just one person, Faddy) looks great for people who initially lie about their FAs. From what I gather, Blarg is saying he copied Faddy, and then will kill Kark as part of his requirement. But he also happens to be town-aligned instead of neutral, which seems too convenient.

Although he said "I'm as town as you are" in a comment towards Flux, and yet he finds Flux to be suspicious, so lol. I do find interesting what he said about Flux's FA possibly being a more scum appropriate FA. Although I don't think it's nearly as scum-centric sounding as AB's. I'm gonna reread Blarg after I drink.

At this point, I'm gonna consider Bronx, maybe Blarg (he dropped a lot of bombs which I don't know at the moment what to believe and not believe), or perhaps Flux for the volcano.

For now

vote: Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
A group of people who could be certain someone is "incredibly likely to be town" on day 1 would be scumbros.

Just because someone threatens to suicide doesn't make them "incredibly likely" to be town, and the action itself isn't a very pro-town move. Terra had at least a few hours left, where there was always a chance that another player could've been chosen to die instead. He made his own choice.

Also saying "we could have avoided any dead townies" on Day 1 just seems like a weird, easy to say thing in hindsight to make one look like a caring townie.

On the topic of Blarg, I'm gonna have to give him at least a few burnt donuts. I guess it was true, Blarg was lyin' about the need to post that way in Day 1 (unless I'm misreading something here). I can't say the track record (which to be fair is just one person, Faddy) looks great for people who initially lie about their FAs. From what I gather, Blarg is saying he copied Faddy, and then will kill Kark as part of his requirement. But he also happens to be town-aligned instead of neutral, which seems too convenient.

Although he said "I'm as town as you are" in a comment towards Flux, and yet he finds Flux to be suspicious, so lol. I do find interesting what he said about Flux's FA possibly being a more scum appropriate FA. Although I don't think it's nearly as scum-centric sounding as AB's. I'm gonna reread Blarg after I drink.

At this point, I'm gonna consider Bronx, maybe Blarg (he dropped a lot of bombs which I don't know at the moment what to believe and not believe), or perhaps Flux for the volcano.

For now

vote: Bronx-Man
Except for the fact that I said multiple times "Hey, going after Terra is a dumb idea, why are you all encouraging him to suicide".

Everyone loves to just coincidentally forget that part.

Natiko

Banned
No. If he's a lock for the lynch suiciding is preferable since it gives us a free lynch. If we lynch him normally he's dead, NK, we lynch the next person. If he suicides we skip the NK.

It's not that difficult: If you're a sure lynch, do it, no matter what. There are no downsides.

If you feel you'll be important tonight and can swing it around I can't help you. I have no clue what there would be in your flip we would need several hours for to analyse so I also can't say if this info is good to have as early as possible.

What makes Royal the anomaly?
I believe he's referring to the above. Basically saying votes on Terra didn't mean they all encouraged him to suicide, but that Royal specifically was telling him to. On mobile and at the gym so sorry for the poor organization lol

Except for the fact that I said multiple times "Hey, going after Terra is a dumb idea, why are you all encouraging him to suicide".

Everyone loves to just coincidentally forget that part.

Can someone lay out a convincing argument as to what makes Terra so scummy other than "He keeps denying being scum"?

bronx, these are two very different things.

also you said 'multiple times'

Natiko

Banned
Since this thread is pretty quiet how about we review some of today's contributions! Here we have all of Royal's posts D2:
Not me.

Also, I'm a bit confused about what happened. None of the scenarios only including the three dead roles makes a lot of sense. Scum has zero incentive to kill Faddy and I don't see why Faddy would kill AB out of all people. So this leaves only options where one of them killed himself which also didn't happen on purpose. Therefore there has to be either a third killing role or some bus driver variation.

I would love to lynch you for keeping pursuing that crappy line but frankly I think if you were Scum you would have quietly dropped it today after half the thread told you to fuck off yesterday.

But seriously, the fact that people voted against Terra before his threatened suicide (Sorian wasn't even there afterwards) or then later called his bluff (well, it wasn't a bluff after all) says next to nothing about alignment.

Theorizes about the results from N1 and then throws some shade at Bronx for pursuing a topic Royal falls under. You get an F for failing to contribute.

How about nin though?

i like how this night turned out.

1 Town death = not cool
1 Scum death = cool
1 Neutral death = cool

Are you town ?

damn man, you on the edge e_e

qKDyqC4.gif

Wow! It's fucking nothing. There isn't anything remotely relevant here. You started out so strong D1 too. You get an F as well.

Well surely Star will be better, right?

Scum Kills Splinter > Splinter Kills Faddy, > AbsolutBro accidentally suicides via FA or is killed by Faddy.

I'd like to not die on day 3.

-zones the fuck out then returns to reality-

Huh? What's this about?

Wait doesn't Innocent Child by definition get mod role claimed right off the bat? It's literally the point of the role. Having someone who is 100% known to not be a potential scum player.
Without that, you may as well just be vanilla town.

I get that this is a near-bastard game, but come on.

Oh ok

I've been scum for half a game then I dropped.

Flux, you self voted D1, so I'm guessing that's why you said 'my FA basically makes my vote useless"-

If no one votes for you, you have to self vote.

...slow sketch is slow. This was already discussed.

Bronx, calm down.

Whoops, turns out even after eight posts there's not much relevant information to be found. Have an F.

I would be shocked if there weren't scum in this pile.

VOTE: nin1000

You get the vote nin since despite having more posts than Royal's measly two, each one of his posts had more words than all of yours combined. Royal and Star also at least vaguely discussed topics happening in the game at the time. You on the other hand..

As far as I'm concerned I'm with Sorian here that Karkador basically is confirmed Town now, as FA Remover doesn't make a ton of sense as Scum and Faddy's flip basically rules out it would be a Neutral role.

Blarg is actually saying things, but I still can't read him for shit. I'd say he is Scum, but I just glanced over Masquerade the Bloodline Mafia and I would have Scum read him there too (he was a Town Roleblocker).

Nin is doing nothing but shitposting. Dead weight or Scum, I don't care. Wouldn't mind losing.

Stray observation: Stan gets very gently onto the Anti-Bronx train. Could be either getting in position while still being able to back out (Scum) or trying a different approach to get Bronx to use his time more wisely (probably Town). Leaning first.

Since this thread is pretty quiet how about we review some of today's contributions! Here we have all of Royal's posts D2:

Theorizes about the results from N1 and then throws some shade at Bronx for pursuing a topic Royal falls under. You get an F for failing to contribute.
Just FYI, "If you were Scum you would [be doing the opposite of what you're currently doing]" is quite the opposite of throwing shade... His "crusade" (as he calls it) is wrong but that doesn't mean he's Scum.

Also, Friday always has been and will continue to be my busy day (at least in terms of being able to play Mafia)

nin1000

Banned

How about nin though?

Wow! It's fucking nothing. There isn't anything remotely relevant here. You started out so strong D1 too. You get an F as well.

Well surely Star will be better, right?

Whoops, turns out even after eight posts there's not much relevant information to be found. Have an F.

I would be shocked if there weren't scum in this pile.

VOTE: nin1000

You get the vote nin since despite having more posts than Royal's measly two, each one of his posts had more words than all of yours combined. Royal and Star also at least vaguely discussed topics happening in the game at the time. You on the other hand..

Fair point. Did not put in as much time as i would like. But later this evening i will have time so please await my input.

As far as I'm concerned I'm with Sorian here that Karkador basically is confirmed Town now, as FA Remover doesn't make a ton of sense as Scum and Faddy's flip basically rules out it would be a Neutral role.

*snip*

Excuse you, but it makes a whole lot of damn sense as an Alignment fake-out scummy Role, with YOUR own stance as a good example.

An FA remover who can't target their own scum brethren can oh-so conveniently omit that particular caveat in their Role-claim, for the purposes of garnering Townie points like the ones you're throwing to the sidewalk for free. Thus by sheer virtue of surface-dwelling, they're free to be as nefarious as they please. Flip his alleged target, that's what you should be pushing.

Said Role remains an iceberg and gets a pass because the cold air gels with your head-balance? C'mon, Flu. Swim.

explain your Faddy thing to me

Well sorry, I'm sick and tired of actually doing the stuff the veteran townies like Ouro or Cabot do in games like these only to get shut down by everyone because "hurr durr bronx, we all voted perfectly fine, there's no problem here."

Forget it Man, it's GAFia Town
(second official use of original spoof line by Blargonaut, OC do not steal)

It's weird how I remembered that

just like how I remembered that if I'm not majority Today, no one should vote against me Today, TY

I want to keep Faddy's Role for Tonight and love it and hug it and squeeze it because it's all mine now

Stray observation: Stan gets very gently onto the Anti-Bronx train. Could be either getting in position while still being able to back out (Scum) or trying a different approach to get Bronx to use his time more wisely (probably Town). Leaning first.

ring a ding ding,
you may have noticed that bronx doesn't respond very well to criticism.

So we're just gonna take Kark's word for it, is that it?

oh dont act like you didnt see the semi-confirm from FluxWave.
your good at playing crazy, not dumb.

Natiko

Banned
Just FYI, "If you were Scum you would [be doing the opposite of what you're currently doing]" is quite the opposite of throwing shade... His "crusade" (as he calls it) is wrong but that doesn't mean he's Scum.

Also, Friday always has been and will continue to be my busy day (at least in terms of being able to play Mafia)
I meant shade not in the sense of calling him scum, but in the sense of saying the argument is so bad it shouldn't be taken seriously.

I look forward to your increased participation today then, hopefully.

Fair point. Did not put in as much time as i would like. But later this evening i will have time so please await my input.
I hope so, if D1 was nin 3.0 then D2 has been nin 0.0

Natiko

Banned
scratch my back I'll scratch mine

Help me locate Flux's original Role-claim post, would you kindly
Ha, nice catch. Actually, he didn't die and he very clearly broke his supposed FA here. He might have been joking about it at first, but he didn't claim he did.

And this means that, out of everyone who has claimed theirs so far (and which hasn't been proven fake), Faddy's forbidden action is the only one that is not mechanically relevant to the game and is purely superficial, even if we were to take Blarg at face value. Kinda weird, isn't it? The day's almost over, so I'll say mine: I need at least one vote on myself when the day phase ends (I can self-vote for it, though). Another mechanical FA.
Here you go

Ty4on

Here you go

Fantastic.
... :(

It's written:

*sees map that we're not using*

*sees the in game flavor*

...Alrighty then. On the topic of forbidden actions, I can't be in the top two of votes by days end (well, specifically i can't be second).

In a way, mine is, like, the opposite of yours. I guess I'll wait a bit more before outright saying what it is, though.

You know what?

absolutbro was a Despair FA Cop; his Power Role was to find out what other players' Forbidden Actions were...

m0Vxi2r.gif

Riddle me fuckin' this, why would scum [M a f i a] have the NEED to find out what other players' Forbidden fucking Actions are, hmm? If FAs are meant to be annoying hindrances and/or counteractive detriments to each player's play?

e y e

f u c k i n g

w o n d e r

Maybe, Inspector Abs Despairbro had to find out for a friend... a Despairfriend. WHICH, fits in PERFECTLY with his own Forbidden Action of jammed communication ability as per his Role PM (on pain of death, he couldn't divulge his FA Investigation results in the scummy Faction chat; HOWEVER, there is nothing there saying that he couldn't mention it here somehow, in public game-thread. Perhaps, naming names in reads list form; then, scummy team simply picks up on this via cipher a la my Pokemon strat)!

so Karkador.

Maybe our "FA-removing" "friend" Kark here, was the intended recipient of Inspector Abs Despairbro's FA inspections list--

--maybe, our "2-shot" "FA-removing" "friend" "Karkador" here is part of a scheme to UPGRADE one of the scummy team via his unblocking; maybe, Kark has to erase specific Forbidden Actions from specific players, and after doing so, unleashes some form of scummy full potential for himself or another scum--

--I'm saying that maybe, Kark and abs had to work together, in tandem, for some sort of scummy Power-play Despair mission, is what I'm saying. Because, their respective Roles seem to mesh REALLY WELL together as some kind of scumteam empowerment side-mish, see?

The FA-finder and the FA-eraser, working together, what a combo, see?

ohohoho

R U M B L E D

vote out Kark or else Flux, pee ell ee ayy ess ee

Sorian

Banned
Excuse you, but it makes a whole lot of damn sense as an Alignment fake-out scummy Role, with YOUR own stance as a good example.

An FA remover who can't target their own scum brethren can oh-so conveniently omit that particular caveat in their Role-claim, for the purposes of garnering Townie points like the ones you're throwing to the sidewalk for free. Thus by sheer virtue of surface-dwelling, they're free to be as nefarious as they please. Flip his alleged target, that's what you should be pushing.

Said Role remains an iceberg and gets a pass because the cold air gels with your head-balance? C'mon, Flu. Swim.

explain your Faddy thing to me

This is a fair point, I'll give it and the bigger post about AB to you. Do you also assume that Kark is forced to act each night?

Karkador

Banned
Can you explain Flux's Role and FA to me

I don't know his role, I don't think I've read anything about it. His FA claim is that he needs a vote on him by the end of the day.

I would speculate that sounds like a scum-balancing FA, and I wouldn't discount evidence that he's actually mafia, but as far as who to target with my PR last night, he came out of Day 1 among the most trustworthy and with a claimed FA.

Sorian

Banned
I'm timing you, Kark

for our amusement, yes

I ask because why even remove Flux's FA in the first place with no info to go on? It was a fairly anti-town FA, you'd think he would have just left it on if he were scum which kind of loops us back around again and now you're getting into a recruitment theory if I'm reading right.

Sorian

Banned
I don't know his role, I don't think I've read anything about it. His FA claim is that he needs a vote on him by the end of the day.

I would speculate that sounds like a scum-balancing FA, and I wouldn't discount evidence that he's actually mafia, but as far as who to target with my PR last night, he came out of Day 1 among the most trustworthy and with a claimed FA.

And his name didn't start with S and end with orian.

Top Bottom