• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

I don't know his role, I don't think I've read anything about it. His FA claim is that he needs a vote on him by the end of the day.

I would speculate that sounds like a scum-balancing FA, and I wouldn't discount evidence that he's actually mafia, but as far as who to target with my PR last night, he came out of Day 1 among the most trustworthy and with a claimed FA.

hardly unique for D1. I can count too

and trustworthy? For you

So you're saying that, you'd throw him under the bus Today, wouldn't you

Karkador

Banned
hardly unique for D1. I can count too

and trustworthy? For you

So you're saying that, you'd throw him under the bus Today, wouldn't you

When the game consists of inactives, people lying about their FAs, people egging on a suicide, and BELIEVE IT OR NOT, it wasn't a high bar

Flux, what are the odds of Kark throwing you under the bus Today

Kark doesn't mess around, Flux; ask him yourself

Those are the eyes of a thrower

Sorian

Banned
As far as I'm concerned I'm with Sorian here that Karkador basically is confirmed Town now, as FA Remover doesn't make a ton of sense as Scum and Faddy's flip basically rules out it would be a Neutral role.

Blarg is actually saying things, but I still can't read him for shit. I'd say he is Scum, but I just glanced over Masquerade the Bloodline Mafia and I would have Scum read him there too (he was a Town Roleblocker).

Nin is doing nothing but shitposting. Dead weight or Scum, I don't care. Wouldn't mind losing.

Stray observation: Stan gets very gently onto the Anti-Bronx train. Could be either getting in position while still being able to back out (Scum) or trying a different approach to get Bronx to use his time more wisely (probably Town). Leaning first.

Just FYI, "If you were Scum you would [be doing the opposite of what you're currently doing]" is quite the opposite of throwing shade... His "crusade" (as he calls it) is wrong but that doesn't mean he's Scum.

Also, Friday always has been and will continue to be my busy day (at least in terms of being able to play Mafia)

I'll highlight this post as a point of interest if we are going to fly down a rabbithole by the way. I don't have Kark as lock town, I have him as not scum. I never really removed the idea of a neutral, I just said that if he is neutral, he is likely lying about the 2-shot thing. It sticks out to me that he, purposely or not, wrote that in such a way that changed public perception of my opinion. If Blarg is actually right about Kark then Flush sounds like scum bro keeping things moving along.

Karkador

Banned
There is nothing about my power that works on someone based on their alignment, so removing someone's FA doesn't necessarily mean I endorse them or know what they are. I tried to avoid aiming at scum on n1 (especially since then they'd ALL know about it), but it's possible I hit anyway.

I think Flux's reaction at the start of the Day sounded Town, though

FluxWaveZ

As far as I'm concerned I'm with Sorian here that Karkador basically is confirmed Town now, as FA Remover doesn't make a ton of sense as Scum and Faddy's flip basically rules out it would be a Neutral role.

Um, I see Sorian addresses this up top, but I'm pretty sure he never argued that Karkador is confirmed town. And neither have I. How does Faddy's flip rule out him being a neutral?

You know these hoes wishy washy
They'll fuck your partner
Take all of your guala, take your wallet
You know these hoes wishy washy
They hop in my bed, they can't wait to open their legs
They walk in the mall, they can't wait to spend all my bread
Wishy washy, wishy washy, these hoes wishy washy
Wishy washy, these hoes wishy washy
Wishy washy, I can not trust them
Wishy washy, I can not love them
You gotta watch them, these hoes wishy washy

s3kTmX8.gif

Flux

Flux, he'll do it

Ty4on

Riddle me fuckin' this, why would scum [M a f i a] have the NEED to find out what other players' Forbidden fucking Actions are, hmm? If FAs are meant to be annoying hindrances and/or counteractive detriments to each player's play?
Me me me

They'd pick someone like Splinter and see he was a dangerous vigilante?
It doesn't mesh well with AB IMO because A) Kark probably didn't target AB and B) It's weird AF to add a counter to a counter like that. Just, why?

Anyhow, who's scum?

Sorian

Banned
Um, I see Sorian addresses this up top, but I'm pretty sure he never argued that Karkador is confirmed town. And neither have I. How does Faddy's flip rule out him being a neutral?

I did say this which could kind of be misconstrued? But I feel like Flush assumed more than normal.

I was reading Faddy's role PM again. Though Kark as neutral makes sense from a balance perspective, I have to wonder if it makes sense with the info we have. Faddy dies if Kark lives to the end of the game and neutrals exit the game once they win. If we go with just what Kark has said (he can only remove two FAs) then his wincon would just be using both shots but that seems super easy so that doesn't work. If he is lying, his wincon would probably be something along the lines of removing all FAs from the current living pool or removing a certain FA. Those both make a lot more sense but giving Kark any way to exit the game on his own makes Faddy's role a lot easier.

Just random musings, all of that kind of removes Kark from the neutral shuffle but a case still could be made. Basically I think he is town if he is telling the truth about the 2-shot but neutral if he is lying, though that's not super helpful at the moment.

Sorian

Banned
Are we back at "Flush is scum"? :(

I never really left, I just have to admit that he is participating more than Natiko pretended in his post last night. The quality of the posts is high even if the quantity is low.

------

To add to Blarg's pile of questions to his theory. Why does scum have an FA remover that can only target town if all the town FAs we've seen and head so far are a hindrance? Wouldn't leaving all of these on just be in scum's best interest?

Natiko

Banned
I never really left, I just have to admit that he is participating more than Natiko pretended in his post last night. The quality of the posts is high even if the quantity is low.

------

To add to Blarg's pile of questions to his theory. Why does scum have an FA remover that can only target town if all the town FAs we've seen and head so far are a hindrance? Wouldn't leaving all of these on just be in scum's best interest?

I didn't realize all it takes to be counted as participating is a single post theorizing about what occurred during the night phase and a single post quasi-defending yourself. Guess we all need to step our game up to match that high bar of quality.

nin1000

Banned
Can someone give me a small rundown on what happened?

I see blarg saying that flux and kark are scum buddies.

The FA's are being brought up several times.
I for one don't even see the need of it to bring it up or to claim your FA at all right now.

Hmm what else. Flux was pretty aggressive yesterday but today he is somewhat more silent. ( Not that i am the most vocal one today amirite )

Natiko called me out for not being as active as yesterday ( which is true and i take the blame for that )

Other than that i still need to read things true atm.

I am here for the next several hours so if someone of you feels the need to ask me a question feel free to do so.

I won't ask a thing since sorian pointed out doing so is a pretty lazy way to show interest.

Sorian

Banned
I didn't realize all it takes to be counted as participating is a single post theorizing about what occurred during the night phase and a single post quasi-defending yourself. Guess we all need to step our game up to match that high bar of quality.

You put him in the same pile as nin and Star. I didn't say it was a high bar of quality but certainly in a different league from the other two.

Sorian

Banned
Can someone give me a small rundown on what happened?

I see blarg saying that flux and kark are scum buddies.

The FA's are being brought up several times.
I for one don't even see the need of it to bring it up or to claim your FA at all right now.

Hmm what else. Flux was pretty aggressive yesterday but today he is somewhat more silent. ( Not that i am the most vocal one today amirite )

Natiko called me out for not being as active as yesterday ( which is true and i take the blame for that )

Other than that i still need to read things true atm.

I am here for the next several hours so if someone of you feels the need to ask me a question feel free to do so.

I won't ask a thing since sorian pointed out doing so is a pretty lazy way to show interest.

I would unvote and vote again but I'm not Blarg. Most other people I'd vote on the first bolded but you do this all the time anyway so this post didn't really change my already bad opinion in either direction.

Natiko

Banned
You put him in the same pile as nin and Star. I didn't say it was a high bar of quality but certainly in a different league from the other two.

I think he deserves the placement. The only thing of continual relevance from those posts that we can look back on in the future and discern anything whatsoever from is he doesn't think Bronx is scum or that Terra opinions are indicative of alignment. Yes, I would agree that's more than nin has presented, but one sentence worth of relevant material a day does not exactly make me feel good about someone.

nin1000

Banned
I would unvote and vote again but I'm not Blarg. Most other people I'd vote on the first bolded but you do this all the time anyway so this post didn't really change my already bad opinion in either direction.

Great eh ? Having bad opinions are always great to have. Welcome to my world.

Me me me

They'd pick someone like Splinter and see he was a dangerous vigilante?
It doesn't mesh well with AB IMO because A) Kark probably didn't target AB and B) It's weird AF to add a counter to a counter like that. Just, why?

Anyhow, who's scum?

So, according to you; the entire existence of Inspector Abs Despairbro, his Role, his FA, is entirely predicated on... sussing out a single Town-aligned 1-shot Vigilante who can't even kill another Townie on pain of reciprocal death.

pfffttt

pffffffffffffffftttttt

Okay, let's say abs was meant to be a kind of Weak Role Cop via FA flavour text reading, sussing out players' Roles by hoping that their Power(s) is/are hinted at in their FAs; yeah, let's say that abs as a productive and contributive member of the scummy Faction was meant to suss out Power Roles for scum to subsequently target and kill if he could somehow relay that intel to the scum team without tripping on his own fatal FA.

Sure?

But what about Karkador and his Fluxubstantiated Role-claim though? Where does he, and it, fit in in your cute little narrative that I had to extrapolate for you, huh? Are you insinuating that Karkador is some kind of benevolent personification of a painkiller? Do you expect me to BELIEVE that such a Role, an FA-erasing Role, that goes hand-in-hand perfectly with an FA-finder, is... good?

Take another gander at Faddy's Role PM, Ty.

See that stipulation stated in his Forbidden Action?

That's evidence of a player being held back by ANOTHER player's FA.

Hence, scum-aligned FA-eraser. I say, the scum team's likely being actively nerfed by someone(s) and they (meaning Karkador et al. with abs, once upon a time) need to unleash themselves, k?

Face it, Ty; Kark and his FA-erasing Role was meant to be FA-sussing abs' partner-in-crime, and you think it.

nin1000

Banned
Also,

VOTE: nin1000

I think there is something here and nin actually needs to get to speaking his mind as opposed to asking weak questions anyway.

True that. So i will put it out there in the open.

My FA is pretty straightforward.

I am forbidden to be the first or last voter in a town mislynch. I thought i would die instantly if i would put down a vote on a town member. That's why i did the gamble on day 1 with splinter. I thought that if i would put down my vote , crimson would come down from the sky and kill me . Little did i know that it would put into action after the day was over. Lol

On page 26 now and going brb

Natiko

Banned
This needs more attention.
I am not surprised they chose you thought
I'm not sure what to do with that claim though. Even if we decide Blarg is town and being honest it still only leaves us with vague info about a potential multiple kill night coming up. Part of me thinks it might just be Blarg trying to buy himself time.

FluxWaveZ

This needs more attention.
I am not surprised they chose you thought

It already got plenty. There's not much we can do with that information now, especially since it comes from Blarg. If no one claims they were also doused on D3, then it's very likely a lie. I think it's very likely a lie already.

nin1000

Banned
1. Royal_Flush - left no impact on me. Tries to fly under the radar to not get caught.

Probably a pr so i won't further put any heat on him. 3 out of 10 brownies

2. Bronx-Man - same game style as last time. Gets called out on something . He comes into the game writes down 2 sentences and that's all. Same he does while trying to get first post in other threads. You can so better than that. As far as scummish plays go.

I don't know can go either way. He has to put down more work on those posts 5 out of 10 brownies.

3. *Splinter. Dead.

5. OceanicAir - not that many posts but those he put down were pretty good. Same deal as with Royal probably some important role. No more heat from me then.

3 to 4 out of 10 Brownies.

7. StarSketch - somehow she is pretty much missing in action. I suspect that she has to post less than 2 times per day and survive it.
For now if i suspect that FA i don't see her being scum

1 out of 10 Brownies

8. nin1000 pretty lackluster postings up to now, probably around 7 to 10 Brownies.

9. Natiko has been pretty active and was eager to stay in conversations. I have a somewhat good feeling about him. ( Don't even try to throw shade at me only because it seems that i try to smell your butt hole )

7 out of 10 Brownies

10. Sorian - good old sorian. What is there to say about him what has not been said already. Aggressive / active / unbearable / unpredictable. I saw you play as scum several times and this feels like town sorian to me.
Annoying as ever

7 out of 10 Brownies

11. StanleyPalmtree pretty much nothing. You are and just put down 2 posts but never really start a conversation or stay long enough to end one. You certainly are eager to vote one someone but most mod the time those votes are there to stay because of the timezones.We all know you can do better.

Pretty poor 3 out of 10 Brownies

12. Ty4on - as always you are talkative and eager but this time around something feels off. Will have to look deeper into that face of yours.
5 out of 10 Brownies

14. FluxWaveZ - flux. I don't want to tap into the typicall error into calling you out for being scum just because you think that i am scum. But let me ask you this. What was is / or is it that makes you so sure pretty early into the game that i am indeed scum ?

As far as reads go. He is pretty good but not as good as other players

Pretty poor 4 out if 10 Brownies

Blarg : after the mess that d1 was he is here to stay. Let's hope he did not lie about that killing action he now has. In blarg i trust

9 out of 10 Brownies.

nin1000

Banned
I'm not sure what to do with that claim though. Even if we decide Blarg is town and being honest it still only leaves us with vague info about a potential multiple kill night coming up. Part of me thinks it might just be Blarg trying to buy himself time.

If we believe him. He will probably die anyway in the next night phase. If it is indeed true that he has now a kiing action and wants to see someone else dead. After today his time will be very short after all

nin1000

Banned
It already got plenty. There's not much we can do with that information now, especially since it comes from Blarg. If no one claims they were also doused on D3, then it's very likely a lie. I think it's very likely a lie already.

As i responded to natiko already. If he does not die tonight , the heat he will get from town the next will be very very high.

FluxWaveZ

As i responded to natiko already. If he does not die tonight , the heat he will get from town the next will be very very high.

Are you saying that you think whoever the arson is is not someone who has to douse multiple people before lighting a fire, but is essentially a delayed kill?

nin1000

Banned
Are you saying that you think whoever the arson is is not someone who has to douse multiple people before lighting a fire, but is essentially a delayed kill?

Wow , no i did not think about that possibility.

What i was trying to say was that if he does get killed my scum ( since i doubt somewhat that he will try and kills kark ) he will likely get lynched by us the following day ( if someone else is nasty and does not claim that he/she got doused aswell )

FluxWaveZ

14. FluxWaveZ - flux. I don't want to tap into the typicall error into calling you out for being scum just because you think that i am scum. But let me ask you this. What was is / or is it that makes you so sure pretty early into the game that i am indeed scum ?

As far as reads go. He is pretty good but not as good as other players

See #679. A lot of that still holds true, but at least I have a better idea of what your reads are now. The main point against you is that it's all been fluff until now, like the outcome of a lynch doesn't really matter to you. I've at least caught players with non-townie alignments in the past because of that mindset.

What i was trying to say was that if he does get killed my scum ( since i doubt somewhat that he will try and kills kark ) he will likely get lynched by us the following day ( if someone else is nasty and does not claim that he/she got doused aswell )

Not actually sure what you're saying here.

nin1000

Banned
See #679. A lot of that still holds true, but at least I have a better idea of what your reads are now. The main point against you is that it's all been fluff until now, like the outcome of a lynch doesn't really matter to you. I've at least caught players with non-townie alignments in the past because of that mindset.

That is a pretty good point to lynch someone.
I did indeed not make it clear of showed everyone that i want to scum hunt and win this game for town.

Not actually sure what you're saying here.

It should say doesnt. Sorry on mobile.
If he doesn't get killed tonight he will surely be lynched. Coming back to your post.

You put it better than my poor words, but i tend to believe him for now.

Top Bottom