• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

nin1000

Banned
Can you elaborate on these?

Sorry , wrote them down too quick but here they are.

Karkador: is eager to be part of almost every conversation. Claimed to be FA stealing role. I do not know what this means about his alignment, i suspect it to be neutral and not town centric. Since he showed townmanship i would still give him around

6 out of 10 Brownies

Kingkitty: less vocal but the little posts he made were very focused and of good quality. I can't really put my finger of him thought but my gut is telling me good things.

For now

5 out of 10 Brownies.

Kark aswell as King are both somehow slippx, that's why i forgot to add them on my initial read list . That does not mean that i want to throw shade at them , it simply means the way they are playing is low key.

Karkador

Banned
Sketch seems unperturbed by her FA killing her tomorrow. So little activity and input for somebody guaranteed to have only two days to play.

Well, I guess Kark could be Neutral after all. I kind of thought it wouldn't make sense, since Faddy's FA would trigger only after he had won (both Faddy and Kark would win at the same time so Faddy's FA wouldn't be "fast enough" to kill him off), but that also is true for a Town aligned Kark (or Scum aligned for that matter). I just woke up when I made that post. Yes, it was past 1pm. Don't blame me :p

Nin, why is your conclusion on people that you see as flying under the radar to be PRs? Wouldn't it be the first thought to place them as Scum? And even if you have real reason to believe they were PRs, why would you announce it in public?

I've seen several people putting Sorian as Town now. Franly, I think something is a bit off about him this game. Could just be subconscious OMGUS but I'm not convinced he's Town. Be careful with him, he's a phenomenal Scum player. Although in his favor I have to say that even night commuter that has to reveal their role before they commute for the first time makes an awful lot of sense given what we have seen as FAs on PRs so far. He claimed his FA on D1 already, right?

Even if Kark was Neutral I'd say that removing FAs is more beneficial to Town than to Scum since just by rare numbers it's more likely he removes FAs from Town players. We shouldn't lynch him until we are close to LyLo.

Natiko

Banned
Well, I guess Kark could be Neutral after all. I kind of thought it wouldn't make sense, since Faddy's FA would trigger only after he had won (both Faddy and Kark would win at the same time so Faddy's FA wouldn't be "fast enough" to kill him off), but that also is true for a Town aligned Kark (or Scum aligned for that matter). I just woke up when I made that post. Yes, it was past 1pm. Don't blame me :p

Nin, why is your conclusion on people that you see as flying under the radar to be PRs? Wouldn't it be the first thought to place them as Scum? And even if you have real reason to believe they were PRs, why would you announce it in public?

I've seen several people putting Sorian as Town now. Franly, I think something is a bit off about him this game. Could just be subconscious OMGUS but I'm not convinced he's Town. Be careful with him, he's a phenomenal Scum player. Although in his favor I have to say that even night commuter that has to reveal their role before they commute for the first time makes an awful lot of sense given what we have seen as FAs on PRs so far. He claimed his FA on D1 already, right?

He said he would have to role claim before a certain time on D1, but did not give further details. D2 he claimed his role.

Ty4on

What do you think of this?
Suicide is garbage play regardless of alignment, it's not exactly a weird thought to have on your part. Royal is still the anomaly there.

Karkador

Banned
Even night commuter who has to claim just doesn't seem risky enough. I think FAs are meant to put people in tough predicaments. That arrangement is rather inert.

Natiko

Banned
It's weird how I remembered that

just like how I remembered that if I'm not majority Today, no one should vote against me Today, TY

I want to keep Faddy's Role for Tonight and love it and hug it and squeeze it because it's all mine now

Rereading the posts from this day phase and something about this caught my attention. Blarg is saying that if anyone votes today it will overwrite his copy of Faddy's role. This does not add up with what happened previously. At the end of D1 Faddy cast the last vote for Blarg. D2 Blarg sticks with what he said and reveals he has copied Faddy's role but claims he is still town. He then says here that if he receives a vote today it will overwrite his Faddy role. This doesn't make sense logically. If he copies a role for each final vote he receives in a day phase, then wouldn't the logic dictate that he would be able to use the power that night?

The way he's phrasing it means he has to D1 copy, N1 transform with no action, D2 receive no votes, and then finally N2 be able to perform copied roles action. I can't be the only one that doesn't think that design makes any sense right? I'm pretty certain at this point that Blarg is lying. He either was able to use Faddy's actions last night and investigated someone or was one of the killers or he's lying outright about the entire claim. I really would've liked to see what Blarg would have claimed today had Faddy not died.

Theoretically if Blarg is lying he could just have a killing power. We've generally been assuming that Faddy used his one shot kill last night, but would that have made much sense in his position? He likely didn't expect to die that night phase due to how suspect he looked from the day end. Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to hold onto the kill and try his hardest to argue his case D2? If he blindly uses his kill he has no surefire way to avoid his FA. Perhaps Faddy was killed by Blarg in order for Blarg to know what his claims today needed to be, and upon seeing that Faddy had a one shot kill he is now trying to frame things in such a way that he'll be able to explain the multiple kills tonight.

Theory aside though, I think Blarg is very likely to be lying or withholding information.

What do you think of this?
I seem to be the anomaly here since I think I'm the only one here that still thinks (or admits to think) that suicides can be the correct play in certain situations.

I've seen games where there is a broad consensus on a lynch (80%+) and that are basically just durdeling around until the day ends because in our meta a lot of people are against a turbo no matter what. That's what I'd call a sure lynch. If you are Town and you're target of such a sure lynch I still think it's better to suicide because nothing is going to move, which was Sorian's main argument against.

Terra wasn't in such a position. He did however mention multiple times we would need time to think about his flip. That's why I told him I couldn't tell him if he should do it being only a likely lynch, not a sure lynch. Turns out there was no groundbreaking new info in his flip but how was I supposed to know this?

Rereading the posts from this day phase and something about this caught my attention. Blarg is saying that if anyone votes today it will overwrite his copy of Faddy's role. This does not add up with what happened previously. At the end of D1 Faddy cast the last vote for Blarg. D2 Blarg sticks with what he said and reveals he has copied Faddy's role but claims he is still town. He then says here that if he receives a vote today it will overwrite his Faddy role. This doesn't make sense logically. If he copies a role for each final vote he receives in a day phase, then wouldn't the logic dictate that he would be able to use the power that night?

The way he's phrasing it means he has to D1 copy, N1 transform with no action, D2 receive no votes, and then finally N2 be able to perform copied roles action. I can't be the only one that doesn't think that design makes any sense right? I'm pretty certain at this point that Blarg is lying. He either was able to use Faddy's actions last night and investigated someone or was one of the killers or he's lying outright about the entire claim. I really would've liked to see what Blarg would have claimed today had Faddy not died.

Theoretically if Blarg is lying he could just have a killing power. We've generally been assuming that Faddy used his one shot kill last night, but would that have made much sense in his position? He likely didn't expect to die that night phase due to how suspect he looked from the day end. Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to hold onto the kill and try his hardest to argue his case D2? If he blindly uses his kill he has no surefire way to avoid his FA. Perhaps Faddy was killed by Blarg in order for Blarg to know what his claims today needed to be, and upon seeing that Faddy had a one shot kill he is now trying to frame things in such a way that he'll be able to explain the multiple kills tonight.

Theory aside though, I think Blarg is very likely to be lying or withholding information.
I entirety missed he said he would switch roles again when voted. That can't be true. It would make him a rolecop and I don't see one of those flying around with an alignment cop and a one-shot neutral cop (who would very likely reveal their result to gain townie points) already revealed.

Ty4on

This is what I was thinking of.
If he's definitely going to be lynched (and I'm not saying that's the case yet) then him "suiciding" is really just giving us multiple lynches.

Although D1 isnt the ideal day for that.
Splinter really didn't seem to mind it and I can kinda see the appeal if you already scum read Terra.

I think it's a crap read on its own as well. Why are scum going to openly condone townies suiciding? That's the last thing they want in their post record.

Karkador

Banned
I don't understand how anyone can have a read of Sketch rn

I've had a read of Sketch since this happened:

So anyway if you want your FA removed, you can have a tournament for it or something

I'd like to not die on day 3.

So you're dying on Day 3, is that what your FA says? Or rather, it says you can't live past Night 2?

Because that's actually what my real FA says. I kept it quiet in the hopes that I'd soak up an NK tonight, but it seems like we're dragging our feet on a bunch of nothing with only 24 hrs left.

So we either don't have all-unique FAs, which is a little hard to believe,

Or people on opposite alignments have similar FAs (a little more plausible, I guess)

Or she's lying, though it's a hell of a coincidence.

Ty4on

That kinda makes Faddy's FA a bit more logical (not as underpowered), but does there seem to be any way for you to get rid of yours?

Karkador

Banned
Of course, I can use my own power on myself, which is why I felt confident in saying I effectively have no FA.

On the other hand, I can (and do intend) to use the second shot of my FA on another player.

This is why I said that the FAs generally seem to give players a considerable predicament. Splinter had to try and not miss with his FA. Terra had to play a cop and somehow not claim. AB similarly had to play scumCop, but not share his info. I have two shots of an FA power, but I die in two nights if I don't use it on myself.

And that's why inert FA claims just haven't rung very true to me.

So you're dying on Day 3, is that what your FA says? Or rather, it says you can't live past Night 2?

Because that's actually what my real FA says. I kept it quiet in the hopes that I'd soak up an NK tonight, but it seems like we're dragging our feet on a bunch of nothing with only 24 hrs left.

Or people on opposite alignments have similar FAs (a little more plausible, I guess)

No, I am not guaranteed to die on D3. I have to perform a specific action by that day to not die.

Hence me going "My FA sucks with my playstyle" because getting me to take any action is like pulling teeth /s

Being really cagey because I don't want scum coming after me.

But on the other hand

It's probably for the best if I say it.

It's an override.

Sorian

Banned
24hrs left, what are we doing?

Lynching nin or Bronx imo. A lot of loose ends are tying up themselves tonight it seems. I read ahead but you apparently die tonight, Blarg is going to be shown as a liar or not if there isn't an extra unexplained kill. Star seems to think she will die and past that Flush is my other scum read but I'm a minority there and I don't think it's worth it yet anyway. Natiko and Ty are clearly town to me. Kitty is in a weird place too that I might consider lynching.

Even night commuter who has to claim just doesn't seem risky enough. I think FAs are meant to put people in tough predicaments. That arrangement is rather inert.

How does it seem inert? You don't believe me, I get that but pretend you do think I'm a commuter for a second, what FA would you out on the role? It's the only thing that actually fucks with it in a way that makes sense.

The issue here is your assumption and I wouldn't have bothered claiming when we could have just dealt with this tomorrow. You keep assuming for some reason that she said she just straight dies D3 because of her FA when she has never really alluded to that. It was always between the lines that she had an FA to meet by day 3 and she either can't or doesn't think she will.

I was also going to call BS during my read but then you mentioned you could remove your own FA which is fair play because if you couldn't then Faddy's FA made no sense.

Natiko

Banned
Who are your town reads RN Natiko?

Might as well just do a full reads list, I try and do one once a day phase anyways.

Town

Ty4on – Still a pretty solid town read in my book. You've been engaged and haven't been afraid to go against the grain at times. My only real hesitation comes from some minor whiplash. You ended D1 strongly defending Royal in a manner that seemed odd given Royal's posts up to that point. Then you started today off saying you weren't as sure in your reads after seeing some flips, yet when Royal was brought back up recently you went right back to posting very firmly that you think he shouldn't be a lynch candidate and is town. Perhaps you just have additional information that I do not, so I won't let this one tidbit sway my overall opinion.

Sorian – Town. I think he has continued to engage players, tries to analyze and solve, and he has seemed fairly consistent thus far. I can see the argument being made that his claims are convenient for explaining away a lack of death over the course of time, but generally I think the concept of the FA matched with his PR make sense.

Lean Town

nin1000 – Started out really strong on D1, generally gave me good feelings which is surprising for nin. The slip today had me concerned, but it seems like he made up for it and not only participated but got his reads out and was not shaken when confronted by Sorian. I'd say lean town currently.

Karkador – I'm going to go with a town lean, but that's purely due to the possibility that his role is a neutral one. I generally have felt his actions and thoughts seem town thus far. I don't really buy into Blarg's arguments about Kark being scum that was meant to work in tandem with AB to achieve some additional scum goal. It just doesn't seem likely to me based on what we have seen thus far.

Bronx-Man – I'm finding it hard to get a read on Bronx. He seems to be different than how I remember him playing in Zelda, but in Zelda he was a SK so different doesn't have to mean bad. His aggression seems increased which I think is actually a good thing as perhaps he's playing with less to lose this time (i.e. vanilla). His fixation on the Terra issue seems superficial though. If he was taking it more seriously I would have expected more analysis about what each player actually said on the topic as opposed to just going "everyone that voted wanted him to suicide". Very light town lean though as I don't think I've ever seen Bronx make that kind of analysis so not sure why I expect him to suddenly change.

Null

Kingkitty – I'm going to leave kingkitty as a null. His participation has at times left something to be desired, but when he does post it has generally been meaty. I just don't have a strong read either way currently. I need to do a reread of him at some point.

FluxWaveZ/OceanicAir – I'm grouping these two together based on the exhaustive conversation today regarding FAs. Both of these players are ones that have had two different styles of play so far (Flux is more active but has not posted very many thorough posts, OA has been far less active but seems to be putting in some more effort when he does post). I can't help but feel due to the similarity in their FAs that they're likely to flip the same thing. Blarg has made some pretty good arguments against Flux, but has also at random ignored other information and when confronted with an issue in his theory he has tended to just go "Well I bet ____'s FA has an additional condition!" to try and wave away any issues. I'm going to go null. Would like to see more from OA as it could help me come to a conclusion one way or the other on this duo. If Blarg is scum I could definitely see these two being his remaining teammates.

Royal_Flush – I still don't have a great feeling about Royal. Despite his posts being lengthier it feels like they generally don't take many stances and just discuss a current topic without leaving much of an impression. The thing that has made me hesitant is his steadfastness in continuing to say Terra's suicide was the better play. This doesn't seem like a stance scum would take. Null.

Lean Scum

StarSketch – The good feelings I had for Star D1 have definitely faded. She increasingly doesn't seem engaged in the conversation which to me reads as someone that doesn't have any reason to try and engage. Perhaps this is due to whatever FA she has that she has implied may lead to her death D3? Seems like an easy out for her though and if we don't buy into Blarg's "Kark = scum" theory then it would make sense that a scum member may want to try their hand at getting an FA removed without drawing too much attention to themselves and continuing to lay low. Scum lean.

StanleyPalmtree – I find it increasingly hard to recall stances Stanley has taken this game. He posts a moderate amount, better than some at least. Despite that it feels like I know less about his opinions than I do OA's. A player that is able to blend in that much and remain in the middle of the pack really worries me. Lean scum.

Scum

Blargonaut – At this point I think I've wrapped back around and believe Blarg to be scum. The scum team likely didn't expect to be down a member after the results of D1, so to have AbsolutBro die may have caused them to pivot some. He's seemed to be reaching and morphing his arguments to fit his narrative over the course of the day and I already discussed what I think about his claims. Scum.

TLDR:

Town
Ty4on
Sorian

Lean Town
nin1000
Karkador
Bronx-Man

Null
Kingkitty
FluxWaveZ/OceanicAir
Royal_Flush

Lean Scum
StarSketch
StanleyPalmtree

Scum
Blargonaut

Sorian

Banned

But on the other hand

It's an override.

Just override then, today's the perfect day anyway. It clears you up and as long as you leave Blarg and Kark to sort themselves out tonight then anyone else is providing good info.

Sorian

Banned
No but seriously, today better end by override because I'm not dealing with this dumb suicide shit again and I assume you could use it tomorrow but getting it out of the way today means we don't have to debate you tomorrow. I don't even care if you still make us vote and then just override who's in the lead anyway. Actually saying you were going to die over this is terrible play.

Ty4on

No, I am not guaranteed to die on D3. I have to perform a specific action by that day to not die.

Hence me going "My FA sucks with my playstyle" because getting me to take any action is like pulling teeth /s

But on the other hand

It's an override.
I don't get how an override doesn't fit your playstyle. I get that you usually aren't the most active, but you could just plop an override on the persone in the lead at day end and be done with it. It's not like you're getting the chance to use it in Lylo unless Kark removes it.

Starsketch, now that you've decided to role claim, what's the name of your student?

I'll have some other reads later tonight.

You see...

I'm the Ultimate Mastermind. Despite sounding like I should be neutral or scum, flavor text is that someone beat me to the punch in causing a death game, and now I'm helping Town because YOLO.

My override command is really fucking obnoxious too. You guys would have started suspecting me off of that alone no matter what I did.

No but seriously, today better end by override because I'm not dealing with this dumb suicide shit again and I assume you could use it tomorrow but getting it out of the way today means we don't have to debate you tomorrow. I don't even care if you still make us vote and then just override who's in the lead anyway. Actually saying you were going to die over this is terrible play.

This was the plan, honestly. I was going to wait until D3 though.

I don't get how an override doesn't fit your playstyle. I get that you usually aren't the most active, but you could just plop an override on the persone in the lead at day end and be done with it. It's not like you're getting the chance to use it in Lylo unless Kark removes it.

yeah...

Natiko

Banned

I agree with this. Your cagey play due to this led to me thinking you may be scum, but if it's just because you were worried about using your power then that's a fail. You can use it on whoever is in the lead or who is widely regarded as worth a lynch in general. Unless you do something crazy with it I doubt we're going to line up to lynch you. Unless you specifically were hoping to hold it until late in the game to try and ensure you could swing a day in our favor and that's why you want Kark to remove your FA which I suppose makes sense.

Kark, what was even the point of you claiming? I'm looking at the votes list now, and NO ONE is voting for you.

Also is anyone here really believing Blarg?

Sorian

Banned
You can theoretically wait until D3 but you've put us into a position where voting you D3 is the best course of action because then you either save yourself and you're lying and we lynch you for lying. That would mean you don't get the opportunity to copy the vote. Usually I'd be against giving a player a 0 accountability move but I do believe that's the only way you'd be willing to make a splash in a mafia game.

I agree with this. Your cagey play due to this led to me thinking you may be scum, but if it's just because you were worried about using your power then that's a fail. You can use it on whoever is in the lead or who is widely regarded as worth a lynch in general. Unless you do something crazy with it I doubt we're going to line up to lynch you. Unless you specifically were hoping to hold it until late in the game to try and ensure you could swing a day in our favor and that's why you want Kark to remove your FA which I suppose makes sense.

Too late now though obviously, now that it's claimed it never makes it to late game.

Ty4on

You see...

I'm the Ultimate Mastermind. Despite sounding like I should be neutral or scum, flavor text is that someone beat me to the punch in causing a death game, and now I'm helping Town because YOLO.

My override command is really fucking obnoxious too. You guys would have started suspecting me off of that alone no matter what I did.

Why didn't you claim right away on D1 if you thought the command coming out of the blue would make you look suspicious?

Ty4on

We could vote (no turbo) Sketch out today and tell her who to override ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That way we get rid of her immediately if she's lying

Sorian

Banned
We could vote (no turbo) Sketch out today and tell her who to override ¯_(ツ)_/¯

That way we get rid of her immediately if she's lying

We could, it's not as pertinent today though when we have scummy people that also happen to be inactive and her deadline from the start was tomorrow, as I said though, it should be happening today regardless.

Ty4on

We could, it's not as pertinent today though when we have scummy people that also happen to be inactive and her deadline from the start was tomorrow, as I said though, it should be happening today regardless.

What do we gain by waiting?

Karkador

Banned
Kark, what was even the point of you claiming? I'm looking at the votes list now, and NO ONE is voting for you.

Also is anyone here really believing Blarg?

Its not because I had any pressure on me, it's because we've piddled around today without much direction.

I was going to let the info stand for itself when I flip D3, but I think its best to get it out of the way now.

Sorian

Banned
What do we gain by waiting?

Nothing aside from Star inevitably freezing up if we make her override on her own.

Its not because I had any pressure on me, it's because we've piddled around today without much direction.

I was going to let the info stand for itself when I flip D3, but I think its best to get it out of the way now.

You should have on the off chance Blarg is telling the truth then we could have wasted his kill and moved on.

Top Bottom