• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 3 Mafia |OT| Side: Scum

karkador (0)
sorian 1151 (1201)

fluxwavez (1)
karkador 1183 (1227)
blargonaut 1324

sorian (1)
karkador 1227

oceanicair (0)
natiko 1241 (1416)
blargonaut 1290 (1324)

starsketch (1)
ty4on 1262

nin1000 (2)
sorian 1269
fluxwavez 1284 (1359)
natiko 1416

blargonaut (1)
fluxwavez 1359

bronx-man (1)
kingkitty 1402

An up to date vote count can be found here.

Majority is 7

Day Ends:
bla_1486933200.png

he started being useful.
in between me sleeping and the day ending he started communicating, and actually playing this game, negating the primary reason i wanted him lynched.

and then he also didnt die, and im not going to pigheadedly demand his lynch for another full day if he could continue his seemingly upward trend of usefulness.
Just want to get back to this, as I find it profoundly hard to believe that anybody cold find what Blarg said at day end useful.

This is what I was thinking of.

Splinter really didn't seem to mind it and I can kinda see the appeal if you already scum read Terra.

I think it's a crap read on its own as well. Why are scum going to openly condone townies suiciding? That's the last thing they want in their post record.
Well, if you;re scum you could easily say that "why would scum take such a bad stance!?" or "look Splinter (who was town) did it too!" We could go in circles at that point. At best it such really poor judgment by town anyways.
---------------------
SPECULATION TIME!!!!

Regarding some of the FA's, I really don't see any of the forbidden actions helping anybody. Kark's will cause him to die early. Splinter's would have caused him to die if he hit town. Star has to use her ability or die. Sorian had to claim or die. AB couldn't talk about his results and Terra couldn't claim.

Now for the more benign FA's, Nin can't be first or last on a mislynch, Flux has to have a vote on himself by day end, and I can't be the second highest vote leader.

So I've been thinking about the scum team recently and I'm assuming we have at most 3 scum left. We already know that one of them was an FA cop, and we have had two players with vigilante abilities. So I'm gonna take a leap and say that they have at least one or two other role powers and maybe one ordinary role.

With this in mind, I do believe out of the more benign FA's we'll find a scum there. Of course all of this is based on the awesome and totally accurate position that nobody is lying about their FA, but eh. But I will say the longer people don't talk about their FA's the less likely I'll trust them. I mean we already have a cop (confirmed), a vig (claim), and a commuter (claimed) already out themselves.

anyway, ill take that as a probably.

semi related, how do people feel on kingkitty and OA.

i keep forgetting that they are even in this game.
looooooooooooooooooool

I have been the only one with any meaningful conversation with you! Also, you have fewer posts than me since this game started so get out of here with that. So if we're looking for an inactive we can always start with you!

Sorian

Banned
anyway, ill take that as a probably.

semi related, how do people feel on kingkitty and OA.

i keep forgetting that they are even in this game.

You and OA are with Flux on my no clue list. Which is kind of weird for Flux since I feel like he's been kind of active but I wouldn't gamble on the alignment of any of you.

------

At OA, I assume you meant to say the vig is confirmed and not claimed?

Just want to get back to this, as I find it profoundly hard to believe that anybody cold find what Blarg said at day end useful.

yeah 'useful' probably isnt the right term, the important thing is that he was actually speaking in terms relevant to the game. and i was hopeful that he would start being useful.

which he has, hows about that?

looooooooooooooooooool

I have been the only one with any meaningful conversation with you! Also, you have fewer posts than me since this game started so get out of here with that. So if we're looking for an inactive we can always start with you!

jesus man, simmer down.

i never said you arnt active enough, you just really havnt made a huge impression on me, and im curious if others feel the same way, or if its just me being bad at keep track of everyone.

also your inability to grasp my stance on blarg has hardly been meaningful, more just irritating.

Natiko

Banned
Stanley - who would you vote out? If you had to pick three scum who would you choose? For someone that's angling for an inactive lynch and talking about people coasting you haven't exactly been very forthright yourself.

Bronx-Man

Banned
looooooooooooooooooool

Is this a work or a shoot?

You and OA are with Flux on my no clue list. Which is kind of weird for Flux since I feel like he's been kind of active but I wouldn't gamble on the alignment of any of you.

------

At OA, I assume you meant to say the vig is confirmed and not claimed?
Yeah, it was kind of a mix of Star's (claimed) override and Splinter's (confirmed) vig.
yeah 'useful' probably isnt the right term, the important thing is that he was actually speaking in terms relevant to the game. and i was hopeful that he would start being useful.

which he has, hows about that?

jesus man, simmer down.

i never said you arnt active enough, you just really havnt made a huge impression on me, and im curious if others feel the same way, or if its just me being bad at keep track of everyone.

also your inability to grasp my stance on blarg has hardly been meaningful, more just irritating.

You haven't exactly done a great job of clarifying your stance though. You first voted for him, then you said let him live and then I asked you about it with no posts in between. You talked about me overlooking "context and details" that I still haven't seen. Then you said he stopped being useless/started being useful by day's end which wasn't accurate. The fact that you wanted to give a second chance is clear, the person that you wanted to give one to and the input he had given up to that point is what gives me pause.

And if you are talking about inactives, and say speaking of OA...I'm gonna take a leap and say that you think I'm an inactive. Also, the conversation being meaningful is more of the fact that it has been a back and forth that has spanned multiple posts.
---------------------
Anyhoo, i'm slightly wary of how firmly Ty vouches for Royal, mainly because I'd be fine with just about anybody dying (beside myself) especially D1. Although his posts seem different than when i last played with him in DP where he was scum (i thought i played with him more, huh)

Sorian, I'm ok with for right now. The commuter claim is awfully convenient though and there really isn't any way to test it.

Nin 3.14159...., is not as frustrating as he was in PiR which is a good thing I guess? Has been more helpful recently though.

Royal is still on the pro suicide train, which is pretty consistent but really does nothing for me in terms of his judgment lol.

Flux has been floating by for me. His FA being erased is a thing i guess.

kark, I doubt he is scum mainly due to the fact that he is being hunted by a neutral. Don't really have any reason to believe he is lying, and we have a corroborating account from Flux saying that his role power is true.
--------------
So if we go with everybody's telling the truth, do we lynch/override someone other than Blarg giving up our chance at potential scum for the second day, let him kill Kark and mafia kill someone else? Or do we lynch/override Blarg and let mafia kill a person. And what of the "dousing" that Blarg talked about?

Assuming that Blarg is telling the truth is extremely hard though.

Natiko

Banned
Yeah, it's hard to answer the question from that perspective because I think I've outlined pretty clearly why there's almost no chance Blarg is telling the truth. At least not the whole truth.

Yeah, it was kind of a mix of Star's (claimed) override and Splinter's (confirmed) vig.

You haven't exactly done a great job of clarifying your stance though. You first voted for him, then you said let him live and then I asked you about it with no posts in between. You talked about me overlooking "context and details" that I still haven't seen. Then you said he stopped being useless/started being useful by day's end which wasn't accurate. The fact that you wanted to give a second chance is clear, the person that you wanted to give one to and the input he had given up to that point is what gives me pause.

And if you are talking about inactives, and say speaking of OA...I'm gonna take a leap and say that you think I'm an inactive. Also, the conversation being meaningful is more of the fact that it has been a back and forth that has spanned multiple posts.

OA, this is just mystifying to me, i really dont understand how you cant get what my stance is here. im getting a little tired of repeating it, but ill give it one more shot, as simple as possible.

when blarg was only posting #believeitornot (and other posts just as pointless), i wanted to lynch him. it wasnt a scum read, just not the kinda play i was gonna put up with.
so when he stopped and actually started posting in a way that resembled playing mafia, i stopped wanting to lynch him.

if you find this reasoning scummy then whatever, but its been this simple the entire time.
and yeah, for me this exchange has been meaningless, i have learned nothing, haven't changed your or anyone elses minds in any visible way, and have only gotten kinda annoyed. to me that is meaningless and forgettable.

and when i said "semi-related" and brought you up, that was more about considering who to lynch, no so much grouping inactives. that one totally is my bad, i really should have been clearer it.

Stanley - who would you vote out? If you had to pick three scum who would you choose? For someone that's angling for an inactive lynch and talking about people coasting you haven't exactly been very forthright yourself.

good point.

Bronx, Star Sketch, and Nin are the big inactive lynch targets for me.
though star might be exempt for this due to this whole override business.
nin has suddenly posted a lot more, but i have very little faith that this trend will continue.

i dont have much in the way of actual scum reads (hence thinking more on just lynching inactives), but if i had to pick some right now im feeling Royal Flush, King Kitty and maybe Blarg but who the fuck really knows with him. gut reads, nothing i really want to push for, but there they are.

Yeah, it's hard to answer the question from that perspective because I think I've outlined pretty clearly why there's almost no chance Blarg is telling the truth. At least not the whole truth.

yeah, I read your "article"

Blarg copies Powers, and he needs a vote-free Day in order to carry out the last Day's gains

Not hard to understand, Nat

*ruffles Natiko's hair*

Natiko

Banned
yeah, I read your "article"

Blarg copies Powers, and he needs a vote-free Day in order to carry out the last Day's gains

Not hard to understand, Nat

*ruffles Natiko's hair*

So your stance is that you copy it during the night and cannot make an action using your new role until the following night? And that if you get any votes you restart the process? Surely you know that sounds a bit far fetched.

or vote for me

I've never had an Override Power before

I want one, Sketch

I want you to vote for me

Hell.

No.

I was willing to tank the last vote when I didn't know you copied the power of the last person who's voted for you. Now that I do, I'm terrified to see what will happen.

Sorian

Banned
I was honestly tempted D1 >.>

...you guys don't think there's a Jester (or whatever that role where their win condition is getting lynched is) in this game, right?

It hopefully wouldn't matter. The one time we did do a tanner/jester, they just won if they got lynched, no real loss if you override that. If it is the extreme version then the dead jester/tanner could "haunt" you since you'd theoretically be the only voter so you'd die which would be the shitty outcome.

If Blarg was a tanner though, he'd have kept going with #believeitornot, we didn't seem to mind lynching him as a mob at that point.

Natiko

Banned
good point.

Bronx, Star Sketch, and Nin are the big inactive lynch targets for me.
though star might be exempt for this due to this whole override business.
nin has suddenly posted a lot more, but i have very little faith that this trend will continue.

i dont have much in the way of actual scum reads (hence thinking more on just lynching inactives), but if i had to pick some right now im feeling Royal Flush, King Kitty and maybe Blarg but who the fuck really knows with him. gut reads, nothing i really want to push for, but there they are.
What lead to these categories? For instance for inactives you list Bronx and nin who both have more posts than King Kitty and Flush who you gut read as scum, yet you would prefer to go with those in the first group than the second. Are you just basing it off of your general impression/recollection?

You should read the pieces Blargonaut did on Kark and abs, he self-published those you know
I read all of your articles, for better or worse :p

or vote for me

I've never had an Override Power before

I want one, Sketch

I want you to vote for me
Yeah don't do this lol

Sorian

Banned
So your stance is that you copy it during the night and cannot make an action using your new role until the following night? And that if you get any votes you restart the process? Surely you know that sounds a bit far fetched.

You know, I was just explaining this to another person out loud and as I said it, the complicated nature reminded me of when I was bullshitting in batman as scum.

I later said fuck balance and turned my bullshit into a role in my own game but still.

It hopefully wouldn't matter. The one time we did do a tanner/jester, they just won if they got lynched, no real loss if you override that. If it is the extreme version then the dead jester/tanner could "haunt" you since you'd theoretically be the only voter so you'd die which would be the shitty outcome.

If Blarg was a tanner though, he'd have kept going with #believeitornot, we didn't seem to mind lynching him as a mob at that point.

nah, I wouldn't have, being consistent is being BELIEVABLE

You know, I was just explaining this to another person out loud and as I said it, the complicated nature reminded me of when I was bullshitting in batman as scum.

I later said fuck balance and turned my bullshit into a role in my own game but still.

I'm glad that I remind you of you

What lead to these categories? For instance for inactives you list Bronx and nin who both have more posts than King Kitty and Flush who you gut read as scum, yet you would prefer to go with those in the first group than the second. Are you just basing it off of your general impression/recollection?

wait they do?!?
christ my perspective on this game is fucked.

yeah it was all based on general impression, bronx, nin, and star felt like the biggest non entities, like posting but not really doing anything.

.......everyone i think im getting worse at this game..

kingkitty

Oceanicair - Feels null-ish. Inoffensive. Only thing interesting was the last min vote against Faddy that barely missed the deadline. Scum move to try to pin the hammer on Faddy at the last moment but timed wrong, or just plain ole normal bad luck?

Stanley - slight town? Stanley talking about "hey lets lynch inactives?", followed by a post on the same page that says "semi-related, how do people feel about elite player kingkitty, and OA?" After OA gives a little shade about Stanley's posts (and the fact Stanley isn't the most active either), Stanley says "my bad". Interesting little shade between OC and Stanley. To be honest, feels like a less than good move to suggest out in the open if Stanley is scum. "hey everyone maybe lynch inactive? (yes i am also inactive)".

nin - From what I remember in my days of gafia, nin likes to fluff it up sometimes. Not that much different here. I gave him a burnt donut back in Day 1, but I don't feel any strong vibe that nin is super scum at the moment. null

Starsketch - My first gut reaction is that it would be hard to say if being forced to override by Day 3 is a scum or town FA. However, if Starsketch is scumsketch, and scumsketch had to use this override on Day 3...why argue for it to be taken away? If I'm scum, I'd think it would be nice to have an extra power to kill a townie/neutral. Now of course, there would probably be backlash if the override kill was someone useful/didn't follow much of a consensus. But at least in my opinion, I'd rather keep the override than try to have someone else take it away prematurely. One thing that might make me worried is if the override ability is super scummy sounding like "EVIL DESPAIR OVERRIDE: BLARG". Lean depends on how that whole override business works out.

Sorian - I feel like Sorian is a type of player can help poke, prod, and push the convo forward. Maybe a bit of a negative nancy, but I haven't found a lot of what he said to be terrible. But I will say having to role claim as an even night commuter (a real inoffensive role) on Day 2 just seems lame as fuck as a forbidden action. I know Sorian guessed that might be people's initial reaction, but yeah, it's pretty lame and easy. Lean town with a hint of concern about the FA.

Natiko - I feel OK about this player. Proactive player, seems helpful. But I probably gave this person the least amount of skimming cause I'm lazy. will re-skim later. at the moment lean town.

Ty4on - posts quite a lot but I have seen an unwillingness in Day 2 to give a full throat (or at least a partial) read list. Early on he said his read on AB makes him unsure. Which is fine, but I just get the vibe from Ty4on that while he's joking about reads (like asking Blarg for scum reads, or asking Nin for his alignment) there's maybe a bit of hesitancy to put a real read list. Which is interesting because I think Ty4on is one of the more active players at the moment. lean suspicious donut.

my reads are dank

kingkitty

I am open to Starsketch using the override today, because that seems more exciting. as long as it's just 1 death.

the override victim could be whoever loses this grand chess tournament:
SXzp8G5.png

are you all excited.

Wait ! At least put down a top 10 list

1. NX Launch Night [Mafia] Back of the Line!
  2. Love Boat [Mafia] Till Death Do Us Part
  3. Harry Potter [Mafia] "Yer a werewolf, 'Arry"
  4. Call of Cthulhu [Mafia] Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!
  5. Pokemon [Mafia] Gotta Catch 'Em Scum!
  6. Of Gods and Men [Mafia] Ambrosia In Front Of Me
  7. Final Fantasy [Mafia] Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl
  8. Star Wars [Mafia] A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy
  9. the ONUW game I was in
  10. WWE [Mafia] Royal Rumble Superstars of Wrestling MMXVI

Honourable Mention:
Blargohunt

Top Bottom