• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DanganRonpa: Trigger Happy Havoc |OT| Hope vs Dis Bear ( ´º)

Is there a demo for this game? It has my interest formsome reason as of late, but I can't justify a full 40$ gamble. Any suggestions, or anyone know where I can find one for 20-25$ ?
There's a demo in Japan, but not in the west.

What types of games do you like? Are you an Ace Attorney fan by any chance? Or a fan of the Zero Escape series?

Hours Left and LiK,

I have Zero Escape, but didn't hook me, I have played AA before. I was able to get both for sub $30 though, just trying to see if there was an option to test, otherwise I am waiting. Appreciate the input from you both, the story and gameplay seems neat enough.

LiK

Hours Left and LiK,

I have Zero Escape, but didn't hook me, I have played AA before. I was able to get both for sub $30 though, just trying to see if there was an option to test, otherwise I am waiting. Appreciate the input from you both, the story and gameplay seems neat enough.

it's definitely awesome. i guess if you wanna wait, maybe it'll be cheaper when the sequel comes out this Fall.

Hours Left and LiK,

RE: Zero Escape, did you play 999 or Virtue's Last Reward? The order you play the games in plays a pretty huge role IMO.

NISA games do not usually go on sale. Maybe on PSN. I'd say if you think you'd be interested in DR, give it a shot. The artstyle might be a bit off-putting at first, (it was for me), but I soon learned to love it. The story and the characters are pretty amazing, so if that's a draw for you, I think you'd really enjoy the game. And the second game in the series, which is widely regarded as a truly spectacular game, is coming out in just over 3 months, and you'd definitely want to finish this game first.

Personally, this game is totally worth the full price. It's one of the Vita's killer apps, and deserves all the support it can get.

it's definitely awesome. i guess if you wanna wait, maybe it'll be cheaper when the sequel comes out this Fall.

I caved.... 40$ boners gonzo. I did trade FFX and P4G in for it.

I will post some impressions, traveling home at the moment, does this game have a good OST?

LiK

Know where it is available at digitally?

it's OOP. the game OST was only available for sale during game's release for a limited time. You'll have to find other ways to get it. I WISH I could buy it!

You can only buy the OST for the anime series these days and it doesn't have all the tracks from the game so it sucks. I guess you could always check out the OST on Youtube.

Also, the game has a music player so you could listen through that if you want.

Acid08

Banned
It's so tedious. I can't bring myself to get it, because I'm having such a bad time when I do all the School Mode stuff :(
It really doesn't take tooooo long to do. Sure School Mode gets hella boring but throw on a podcast or something and power through. The runs get much faster after the first one.

todd360

It really doesn't take tooooo long to do. Sure School Mode gets hella boring but throw on a podcast or something and power through. The runs get much faster after the first one.

I just came here to complain about school mode lol. Seriously though wtf. Who thought this would make for a compelling trophy requirement. I hate these time sink trophies that are just there to piss you off. It's like the kingdom hearts 1.5 trophies. Lol play the entire game multiple times even though you already beat hardest difficulty.

I'm gonna try to power through and earn the platinum though. I got 4 people starred and 1 at rank 10 at the moment. Still need 999 coins trophy as well. I spent earlier coins not knowing it was a bad idea.

todd360

Just got it. What a pain that was.

iJaxL5I.jpg

bobawesome

Decided to look on the PS3 store on a whim and oh my god, Danganronpa avatars at last. That Ishimaru 2...

I wish I had waited before going on that VLR avatar buying spree now.

Decided to look on the PS3 store on a whim and oh my god, Danganronpa avatars at last. That Ishimaru 2...

I wish I had waited before going on that VLR avatar buying spree now.
There is at least one more DR avatar on its way, so maybe they'll sell them all as a bundle then.

grimmiq

Playing through this now, I think I'm nearing the end..Feelings are a bit mixed, I love the trials and at the start of each chapter I just sit there thinking to myself for 10-15mins on what each person's motives could be and how the case will turn out..been wrong on most counts but a couple were spot on or nearly there.

The daily life segments feel like such a chore though, with only brief interactions I just can't get attached to any characters (Not to mention seemingly random deaths).

Also, for anyone who's finished this..other than sating the completionist in me, is there any real reason to replay this? Knowing all the answers going into a 2nd playthrough seems like it would kill the part of the game I enjoy the most. Planning on finishing this tomorrow and trading back before the week is up.

Shizuka

Also, for anyone who's finished this..other than sating the completionist in me, is there any real reason to replay this? Knowing all the answers going into a 2nd playthrough seems like it would kill the part of the game I enjoy the most. Planning on finishing this tomorrow and trading back before the week is up.

Maybe for character interactions you might've missed, but other than that, no.

RetroMG

Saw some pretty decent DR Cosplayers at Phoenix Comicon this last weekend. There was a Junko, a really good Celeste, (Had the hair exactly right) and a decent Hina. Everyone kept trying to guess what show/game Celeste was from, and no one got it right.

Shiv47

Okay, I must be fucking dense, but I started this the other day and have gotten to the rhythm section in the first trial, and I don't get what I'm supposed to be doing beyond hitting the X button on the beat. I was doing that, it sped up a couple times, and then I got a failed screen. I had a long combo going, so I'm confused. At what point am I supposed to be shooting the truth bullet? Should I be looking at the stuff being said rather than the beat indicator?

Okay, I must be fucking dense, but I started this the other day and have gotten to the rhythm section in the first trial, and I don't get what I'm supposed to be doing beyond hitting the X button on the beat. I was doing that, it sped up a couple times, and then I got a failed screen. I had a long combo going, so I'm confused. At what point am I supposed to be shooting the truth bullet? Should I be looking at the stuff being said rather than the beat indicator?

At first you lock on to the statements with X and shoot them with triangle or square (forgot which). The other button reloads bullets but I think for the first case you don't need to reload. Just keep locking on and shooting until you get to the end where you shoot the truth bullet at a statement. Lock on, reload and shooting must all be done with the rythm.

Look at the indicator, the stuff being said is just nonsense. Usually the rythm you are going for is something like X X X triangle and repeat, reload if neccessary.

Aytrial

When you press X, you're locking on to the opponent's assertions. You then "destroy" them by pressing Triangle on beat. You can pretty much spam Triangle without repercussions for your first couple of trials, but ammo mechanics will be introduced later.

Shiv47

At first you lock on to the statements with X and shoot them with triangle or square (forgot which). The other button reloads bullets but I think for the first case you don't need to reload. Just keep locking on and shooting until you get to the end where you shoot the truth bullet at a statement. Lock on, reload and shooting must all be done with the rythm.

Look at the indicator, the stuff being said is just nonsense. Usually the rythm you are going for is something like X X X triangle and repeat, reload if neccessary.

When you press X, you're locking on to the opponent's assertions. You then "destroy" them by pressing Triangle on beat. You can pretty much spam Triangle without repercussions for your first couple of trials, but ammo mechanics will be introduced later.

Okay, that seems to make sense, I'll give it another shot (ha). Thanks!

dcye

Oh lawdy does this game have its claws in me. Investigating for the 5th trial now, WHAT IS HAPPENING EMBRACE DESPAIR ;_;

Kaizer

Banned
So would a fan of the VLR series enjoy this game, I've got some Amazon credit and I'm pretty sure I want to pull the trigger, but I want to be sure.

So would a fan of the VLR series enjoy this game, I've got some Amazon credit and I'm pretty sure I want to pull the trigger, but I want to be sure.

Probably. Just know that despite some similarities in setting, it is not Zero Escape. It's more Phoenix Wright than ZE, but darker.

mstevens

Sooo.. I think I have a weird and unfortunate bug. I'm on some free time in chapter 3 and I went up to
Toko's
room, but it said something like "I don't have anything to talk to her about right now". I tried other rooms, and not only did it say the same thing it kept saying "her", even for the guys. I was hoping it was just a bug so I went ahead with the game till the next free time, and it's still happening.

Wtf?

Sooo.. I think I have a weird and unfortunate bug. I'm on some free time in chapter 3 and I went up to
Toko's
room, but it said something like "I don't have anything to talk to her about right now". I tried other rooms, and not only did it say the same thing it kept saying "her", even for the guys. I was hoping it was just a bug so I went ahead with the game till the next free time, and it's still happening.

Wtf?
Are you trying to max out her report card? She has a special stipulation after a certain point.

That particular character is much easier to max out in School Mode FYI.

mstevens

Are you trying to max out her report card? She has a special stipulation after a certain point.

That particular character is much easier to max out in School Mode FYI.

Nah, it was just the random person I tried. Now it's giving me that message for everyone's rooms. Including the use of the word "her".

Nah, it was just the random person I tried. Now it's giving me that message for everyone's rooms. Including the use of the word "her".
Are the other characters actually in their rooms though? Most of the time they aren't.

It's probably just a little translation error, it shouldn't affect the game in anyway. (If you want to know where people are during Free Time, check your map.)

DaBoss

I've encountered some strange bugs in Free Time mode as well, though in the School mode variant. I've had some characters straight up disappear when they shouldn't have.

I regret going for the platinum trophy. I loved the story mode - I couldn't put in down - but the school mode was so tedious that my last experience with the game was a bad one.

NEO0MJ

So I just started playing this game... Damn it Makoto
why are you falling for Sayaka, did you already forget that she's an idol? I'm so sure she's trouble.

bobawesome

So I just started playing this game... Damn it Makoto
why are you falling for Sayaka, did you already forget that she's an idol? I'm so sure she's trouble.

Enjoy. The game is fantastic. And the best part: If you end up loving the game there's less than a month until the second game comes out. You really picked the perfect time to get into it.

NEO0MJ

Enjoy. The game is fantastic. And the best part: If you end up loving the game there's less than a month until the second game comes out. You really picked the perfect time to get into it.

Yeah, game is a lot of fun, while different it still scratches the same itch that the Ace Attorney series scratched. And like Ace Attorney I'm finding myself staying up late see what happens next.
My only problem is how niche the game is, makes it really difficult to find locally, and I don't want to have to ship it. And I still don't like buying digitally for consoles.

Top Bottom