• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dante83 is not confident about the PS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante83

Banned
When we first learned about the ps5's existence, sony was talking big about ray tracing, but after watching Mark Cerny's presentation on the ps5 tells a different story. His demeanour is different when he talked about not needing ray tracing. It's not hard to see that ps5's CU count is not ideal for ray tracing, and they know it. Ray tracing is going to be a lot better on XSX. When Cerny talked about TF count, he had to reiterate his point by bringing up the ps4 TF count, and he has to mince his words a lot. Just look at the way he comes across, and you will know. MS is so confident about the capabilities of their system that they have no qualms talking about it, getting youtubers like Austin Evans to make a video about it, and they are obviously proud of what they have done in terms of performance, while sony has to grasp for straws and twist their words to make the ps5 not look weak.

PS5 has no big advantages on the XSX. Even the SSD, which is their biggest talking point, has less storage capacity than the XSX. Their best feature don't even seem that much better other than speed. MS has a better online with XBL for 2 gens. Sony has to work hard on getting psn up to snuff. The slow download speeds and copying feature is not going to cut it. I feel that sony is scrambling and underestimated MS. They better price this thing right, or they are going to lose in sales as well.

Mark Cerny is the condom to sex. He can explain shit, but hype? That fucker couldn't hype medium rare steak. He'd tell me about the exact temperature, the time required, the skillet, the circumference and diameter required, but he could never hype me up on even the best things.

I remember someone posted that PS4 gona fail in Gamespot System Wars couple years ago before PS4 releases

Those are funny days

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Oh they are confident.

When you know you have a loyal fanbase who buys it no matter what, and by their ssd presentation, you know damn well they are confident when they don't have to reveal more to make the fanboy crowd go wild and full de fence force about how Sonys ssd will revolutionize gaming as we know it.

Flintty

I feel like as an Xbox fan, threads like this are tainting us, giving us all a bad name. You’re just repeating the same shit a different way and will get the same responses. It’s tiresome.

Enjoy your games, people.

Reactions: TLZ

brap

Banned
Oh they are confident.

When you know you have a loyal fanbase who buys it no matter what, and by their ssd presentation, you know damn well they are confident when they don't have to reveal more to make the fanboy crowd go wild and full de fence force about how Sonys ssd will revolutionize gaming as we know it.
Agreed. It's why microsoft only puts out gears, halo and forza. The dumb fanboys will buy it no matter what.

Oh they are confident.

Youre indicating PS gamers loyalty is based on blind support and ignores the legacy theyve built for years

Even when PS4 are on it last legs Sony are still giving us awesome game like Dreams TLOU II and Ghost of Tushima

On second thought dont even bother replying to this comment

Everyone here knows youre a rabid xbox fanboys, its useless arguing with people like you

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Agreed. It's why microsoft only puts out gears, halo and forza. The dumb fanboys will buy it no matter what.

According to sales number, they don't.

Also, at what point did my post hurt you? Can you show me?

Youre indicating PS gamers loyalty is based on blind support and ignores the legacy they built for years

Even when PS4 are on it last legs Sony are still giving us TLOU II and Ghost of Tushima

On second thought dont even bother replying to this comment

Everyone here knows youre a hardcore xbox fanboys

A legacy that gets thrown away every generation because they dont want to support BC. Well at least until now with PS5.

All PS gamers arent blind loyal fanboys, but god damn a lot of them are, and it shows.

Also, again wrong. I play on PC, but nice bait.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Because Sony was smart, they know that consoles don't need top of the line power, but only top of the line games. That's where Microsoft has really missed the mark, and they made the wrong decision IMO, but we'll see how it pays off for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom