• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dante's Inferno demo coming this month, hitting PSN first, XBL two weeks later

RoadHazard said:
Nope, the demo is exclusive to the US Store until December 24th. We poor Europeans will have to wait until then...

...or just download it tonight anyway, using our US PSN accounts.

Heheh, thank you. I could never wait. I have a nice collection of PSN' s. Hong Kong, Japanese, American, UK. I even have an Aussie PSN but not Turkish one, because there is no store for my country. :(

omg rite said:
Yes, they've shown they are a good developer. So it's disheartening that they would make a game that is one of the most blatant rip offs this or last gen.

Even if it's good, what is it doing that GoW didn't do? Why not do something a little more original if the developer is obviously capable of it?

I'd say wait till the game is out before calling it completely derivative, no? Who knows, it might have some tricks up it's sleeve. Or something.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jonsoncao said:
ok my PS3's power is on @home, now I am at work, is there some way like xbox.com to add something to my download queue from the internet?

If PS3 version's graphics is superior(framerate more stable, etc) I certainly would buy that divine edition lol
I think you can do it with MediaGo? It's an application you have to download.

JudgeN

badcrumble said:
Bizarre that they're gunning so heavily for the PS3 market with this, given that on the 360 they wouldn't be competing with God of War 3, but perhaps for that reason they're assuming 360 sales will be fairly high regardless (which may be quite correct). I hope I like the demo because even if it's a clone, I enjoy the God of War formula enough so that if it's done well I'll like it even if I don't think it's particularly original.

Bizarre that they actually give a shit about the PS3 version? Guess it is bizarre now that I think about it.

EXGN

BeeDog said:
Completely, completely... this game has definitely gotten some heavy flak for its ripping. But I bet most people simply like the fact that the Dead Space devs are making this game.

And the fact that Dead Space was shit on as being a Resident Evil clone until it proved it launched and it was actually great. Perhaps even better than the source material.

For the most part, Visceral has been extremely solid.

omg rite said:
Yes, they've shown they are a good developer. So it's disheartening that they would make a game that is one of the most blatant rip offs this or last gen.

Even if it's good, what is it doing that GoW didn't do? Why not do something a little more original if the developer is obviously capable of it?

Dead Space seems to have taken inspiration from RE4

RavenFox

Banned
Keikoku said:
If they continue to screw 360 owners like this sales won't be that high. It's a dangerous strategy honestly, they should rely on 360 sales because competing God of war 3 like this will lead them nowhere, as it's a much bigger franchise anyway so it pretty much has no chance against it.
:lol
Neuromancer said:
The cross stitched directly onto Dante's chest is going a bit far.
Sacrilege!

omg rite said:

Yes, it at least appears to be nothing more than a ripoff from a gameplay perspective. But it won't be the first game that's like that. The GoW formula is pretty hard to screw up, so there's a chance that this could be a really good game. And I care a lot more about that than I do about originality.

Jonsoncao said:
ok my PS3's power is on @home, now I am at work, is there some way like xbox.com to add something to my download queue from the internet?

If PS3 version's graphics is superior(framerate more stable, etc) I certainly would buy that divine edition lol

you can use remote play (ps3 to psp) to see your ps3 on psp's screen, from there you can access the store, start the download and set the ps3 to turn itself off when the download is completed.

momolicious said:
Dead Space seems to have taken inspiration from RE4

Yes, actually i wouldnt compare Dead Space to RE4 (RE4 is superior imho) but i think Dead Space was much more innovative than RE5. Even if i loved the African setting in the first few levels of RE5 (didnt love Dead Space), in terms of gameplay and story telling, i think Dead Space was much more innovative and original. And i agree with the part that them being good developers as they showed in Dead Space, but let' s not forget they also developed crappy The Godfather I & II and The Simpsons Game.

Keikoku said:
If they continue to screw 360 owners like this sales won't be that high. It's a dangerous strategy honestly, they should rely on 360 sales because competing God of war 3 like this will lead them nowhere, as it's a much bigger franchise anyway so it pretty much has no chance against it.

:lol You do realize that Dante's Inferno could potentially out sell GoD3 right? It being multiplat and having alot more exposure.

kuYuri

This Divine Edition is enough to push me to buy the game within launch window. Wonder if 360 version will get anything.

Either way, I was thoroughly impressed with Dead Space on PS3, so I expect good things from DI.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
BattleMonkey said:
Multiplat yes, more exposure, no.
pretty much. the marketing push for gow3 will be quite unmatched (well, except for the future PS3 #1 title aka FFXIII). as for outselling gow3, considering gow3 will likely at least come close to some of the biggest titles on the ps3 thus far (2.6M for UC, 5M MGS4, 3.6M for AC, etc) I just can't see a relatively smaller game like DI matching sales.

JardeL said:
http://i45.tinypic.com/16htbhj.jpg[IMG]

[ [url]http://www.gamersdigest.net/4219/dante%E2%80%99s-inferno-divine-edition/[/url] ] .[/QUOTE]

*scratches another game off the buy list*

a rental it is!

Philthy

I'm looking forward to this far more than God of War 3. I am tired of the theme with GoW, so I'm ready for something else. Going through the planes of hell? Ohhh yes please. The artwork is above and beyond amazing from what I've seen so far, and looks like it will give me nightmares like Dead Space did. Now if it only had a good Death Metal soundtrack it would be perfect, I'm tired of orchestra stuff.

What time does the PSN Store generally update? I checked now, but it's not up (along with chapters 2-4 of Eye of Indra on the Canadian store, but that's another story). The extras are nice with that Divine Edition, I like the cover art, though the lack of a chest plate and the little crown thing he's got goin' on there still looks stupid. But I still look forward to the game.

Pctx

Banned
EA has really taken the fight to the next level (pun?) with offering the Divine Edition w/ extras for the same price as most games now @ $59.99.

Makes me wonder if they have anything planned for the 360 release... who knows. Hurry up PSN... I WANNA PLAY THIS!!

Don

Has this been posted?

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Dantes-Inferno-GAME-Exclusive-Death-Edition/~r345449/

Looks like europe gets the Death Edition instead of the Divine Edition.
345449ps_500h.jpg
345448ps_500h.jpg

It also comes with this Dead Space costume.
DanteDeadSpaceSuit.jpg

GAME said:
Dante's Inferno GAME Exclusive Death Edition

Exclusive packaging featuring Dante Ink Lenticular and 9 circles artwork.
Exclusive in-game playable character costume – Dead Space suit for Dante

PLUS! Bonus DVD, including:
Making-of-the-game-documentary
Dante in History documentary
Full game soundtrack
Scoring the Inferno documentary
Wayne Barlowe digital artbook
Scene from Dante’s Inferno an Animated Epic
Digital reprint of the full poem

panda21

thats really cool that they are giving the book, they should do a special edition with it printed or something, its not very long.

BeeDog said:
Completely, completely... this game has definitely gotten some heavy flak for its ripping. But I bet most people simply like the fact that the Dead Space devs are making this game.

That has been what has intrigued me the most. I am actually highly anticipating the sound design in Dante's Inferno. I thought Dead Space had some of the best sound design this generation. I am just as hyped to HEAR Dante's Inferno as I am to play it.

Moonstone

Keikoku said:
It's a dangerous strategy honestly, they should rely on 360 sales because competing God of war 3 like this will lead them nowhere, as it's a much bigger franchise anyway so it pretty much has no chance against it.

The reasoning behind this is pretty obvious. Sony and probably also EA want to prevent that Dante gets marketed as the xbox pendant of GoW.So MS would put marketing dollars behind it and people would think this is an xbox exclusive. This didn't work for GTA as it was a known ip, but DI is fresh. So they could lose a lot of potential customers.

On the other hand, those people who get into nerdrage because a demo is released 2 weeks later aren't a big number.
If it was marketed by MS a lot of GoW fans would never buy the game as they'd think it's an Xbox exclusive. And GoW fans are clearly target audience. It's better in the longterm for EA to have customers on both consoles, but most likely this was initiated by sony.

Don't think the Dead SPace character fits very well but ho well.

All depends on the demo tonight and I might get this to fill the GoW gap. I've Platinumed the GoW Collection so I'm all ready for some more Kratos.

EagleEyes

This seems like an attempt from EA to appease Sony. "Sorry about Left 4 Dead 2 and Mass Effect 2, so we are giving you this special edition, first access to the demo and Bad Company 2 beta first." All said and done, I might bite on the divine edition.

Dyno

This game might be great. It's got some good things going for it.

- The environments in the Dev. Diaries were jaw-dropping.
- The monster design is very creepy and imaginative.
- The fighting and alternate weapons look cool thus far (Crosses!)
- 60 fps confirmed.
- Visceral aced Dead Space. Good developers just might make good games.

Top Bottom