• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dante's Inferno demo coming this month, hitting PSN first, XBL two weeks later

Dipswitch

gamergirly said:
Which is why EA is putting so much money into advertising this game. They need to separate it from God of War 3

I agree. They need to sell some serious copies upon release, because sales are going to fall off a cliff next month. I hope their strategy pays off because it seems like a pretty good game all told.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Nemesis556 said:
The only one in this country was a triple relic pack.

Basically contained three stat boosters, but they seem pretty useful but I have not been able to access them yet - perhaps they dont go up until official release?

1.) Brain of Ruggieri - Dodge roll from any special cobo
2.) Palo's Heart - Turn souls into Mana (Maybe not this one)
3.) Wing of Furie - Increased hit counter on Scythe (how does this even work? >_>)

But yeah that's all I've seen around.

Thanks, but I meant preorder bonuses in the US. Sorry!

nyong

Banned
I really do want this game, especially after watching the videos and playing the demo. With God of War so close behind it I can't justify the buying it now at full price, though. Frankly, I think that EA's stategy is going to fail. At least on the PS3. It's certain to be a great game, but going almost head-to-head with God of War? Dumb.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Microsoft played a hand in this. Possibly paying them to keep the release window (and reduce the sting of GoW).

Nemesis_

Mejilan said:
Thanks, but I meant preorder bonuses in the US. Sorry!
I've noticed that most of the stuff we get over here is from the US. My pre-order bonus was from EBGames and I've noticed most of that crap is available in GameStop over there. Just an observation though, nothing to draw major conclusions from.

You are a shining example of obliterating piracy claims.

I salute you.

Nice packaging too.

I really hate being called / accused of piracy. Thanks :p

Nemesis556 said:
2epikc6.jpg

This looks great. I hope the US packaging is the same.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Well, I just finished the PS3 demo, and the game seems all kinds of solid.
I was very late into God of War because I got hung up on the bastardization of beloved (to me) Greek mythology. I'm not going to let my similar outrage here turn me off to what's shaping up to be a decent enough game. If nothing else, I like the duality of the finishers and skill tree systems. Seems to lend itself to a better than decent amount of customization.

Sure, it's rote and by the numbers in some respects, totally disrespectful in others. But I figure if I could get around my misgivings re: the God of War series, then this game should pose no additional barriers.

Also, on a semi-related note, this is how you do a demo Sony. There was a decent 20-30 minutes of content here. I figured it'd end with the Death fight, not continue for what felt like most of another stage after that. By comparison, I think I cleared the God of War 3 demo in like five minutes.

Preordered the PS3 Divine Edition, and I'm taking a risk on preordering the PSP version as well. Oh, I should probably order the anime, and complete the sodomy being inflicted upon the literature.

Top Bottom