• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Horse is publishing The Art of Metal Gear Solid I-IV

Link.
They describe the set
The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV contains two historic volumes of concept and key art from Yoji Shinkawa, art director and illustrator behind Metal Gear Solid, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater, MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, and MGS: Peace Walker.

This definitive chronicle of characters, vehicles, and weapons is the ultimate companion to the tactical espionage and future warfare of Hideo Kojima's celebrated Metal Gear universe, translated to English for the first time ever while leaving the original Japanese handwriting intact. Japanese publisher, Shinkigensha, is the original publisher of The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV.

The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV is a two-book set packaged in a gorgeous collectible slipcase. The collection includes The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV and Peace Walker Gallery Works and Studio Works. Totaling 800 pages, The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV retails for $79.99, and is the perfect companion to Dark Horse's The Art of Metal Gear Solid V.

The Art of Metal Gear Solid I–IV goes on sale May 8, 2018, and is available for preorder on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, TFAW, and at your local comic shop.
1OHgGJz.jpg
Amazon link.

800 pages of Shinkawa goodness.

Been hoping for this for a while now. I almost went back and got the book that came with the HD collection but luckily held off.

Just need Dark Horse to put out a Metroid (Prime) set and that'll be all the big ones out of the way for me.

Godan

This only coming out in the US or is it coming to the UK as well?

Can't seem to see it on amazon over here.

translated to English for the first time ever while leaving the original Japanese handwriting intact.
I'm curious as to what this means. Does it mean scripts? Handwritten notes?

Probably handwritten notes.

I want it but damn dat premium price :/

that's probably standard for artbook like that, I don't really know actually

dubc35

It seems to be doing well on Amazon:
#1 Best Seller in Pop Culture Art

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #70 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

#1 in Books > Humor & Entertainment > Pop Culture > Art
#1 in Books > Arts & Photography > Other Media > Video Games
#1 in Books > Computers & Technology > Games & Strategy Guides

MrDoctor

I want it but damn dat premium price :/

that's probably standard for artbook like that, I don't really know actually
it's two books that would probably cost around $40 each for their page count. assuming these are hardcover and the paper quality is ace, the price looks more than fair.

Buying for lewd Sniper Wolf.

well and other stuff, maybe

Worth noting, the Japanese HD Edition's Premium Package amazing hardcover artbook of MGS1-3 omitted that one particular piece of art, so if they were willing to omit it then, one wonders if it was included in the 25th Anniversary's artbooks...

Wulfric

Nice, they've really been knocking it out of the park with the gaming books as of late.

I wonder if they just weren't able to get the MGS V artwork. Unfortunately, I don't think Shinkawa owns the rights to his illustrations like Amano does.

It's released the same week as my birthday so will probably get it as a gift. Shinkawa art is amazing so 800 pages worth is must buy.

I don't know for sure if I'm gonna get it but I locked in the pre order price on Amazon, since I missed the lower price for the Art of Overwatch at Amazon.

Top Bottom