• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARK (Netflix) Go watch it now.

wondermega

Just finished watching this with my girlfriend. Kudos to the OP because otherwise I'd not have paid attention to it. I watched a couple episodes of ST2 and lost interest... This was engaging and kept me watching through to the end. Dubs are not great but workable.

dc3k

Is the english dub really that bad? Watching something purely subtitled is too much of a distraction for me.

hyp3rlink

Thanks OP!

Finished Season 1 and liked it a lot. Story and pacing may or may work for everyone (worked for me personally) but the cinematography is just amazing.
Every shot is framed to perfection and I am planning to re-watch all 10 episodes soon just to look at the lighting and art direction.

I_D

Is the english dub really that bad? Watching something purely subtitled is too much of a distraction for me.

Just watched the first two episodes. I'm definitely interested in the show, so I'll watch more tomorrow.

The dub isn't terrible, really. The voice actors definitely don't inflect their voices properly, though. Instead of things like 'WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON????' you get 'So what's going on?' The body movement doesn't match up with the voices, basically.

It hasn't detracted from the show, so far, but I can see how people wouldn't be that pleased with it.

shpankey

not an idiot
Got halfway through the second episode and just couldn't take the english dubbing. I'll try again with subtitles, but typically dislike the effort with doing so. I'll make an exception though, since it's so well regarded.

llien

Watched 7 episodes so far, enjoying it a lot, so is my spouse.
I find it to be a head above "Stranger Things", hopefully they won't spoil the fun in the last 3 episodes.

Doczu

Watched 7 episodes so far, enjoying it a lot, so is my spouse.
I find it to be a head above "Stranger Things", hopefully they won't spoil the fun in the last 3 episodes.
Really liked the series up to the climax. The last few minutes make go from A+ to WTF?

Fbh

Really liked the series up to the climax. The last few minutes make go from A+ to WTF?

Yeah the ending was terrible and smashed my anticipation for season 2.
A generic as fuck apocalyptic future....really? After how unique and creative it felt until then THAT's where they are going?
Will still check it out though

Manus

Okay 6 episodes into this show and I'm blown away. It's all I can think about, but I don't wan to waste my whole day watching either because it could be so easy to do.

Top Bottom