• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 2 Beta Footage

iIGxWm7Z535LM.gif

iGx1soQYvsHcQ.gif

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Phantoms can heal themselves with Estus Flasks now?

Also, still not fond of the walking/running animations. Looks good otherwise.

looks to easy with phantoms. hopefully they work on this

bad news to me. rather have balanced co-op play then having my friends booted because lock on tricks still work.

Still too early to tell. The devs said this is just to test out the servers and really is not providing much in the terms of content.

Kalnos

Banned
I love the time limit. So funny when you invade someone with white phantoms and they're too afraid to attack you and simply wait.

KorrZ

Looks great, more Dark Souls is really all I could ask for.

Co-op pretty much always completely destroys the challenge of the game in both Demon's and Dark Souls so I'm not surprised that it looks to be the same here. I'll be playing the game through completely solo first run as it should be!

I've been trying to avoid most of the information about Dark Souls 2, but...now I'm curious.

Does anyone know anything about this item? (You can see it at about 2:49 in the second video, and it's in his equipped usable items.)

人の像
「亡者から生者に戻る」

Some sort of human statue/figure that returns you back to the living from the dead. Does it just resurrect you when you die, or is it a type of unhollowing item?

I wish this series had true headache free coop with friends. I mean yeah the system they use is awesome when playing with strangers, it's really well integrated into the game experience, the summoning, the emotes, it's all well done.

However, when you want to play with friends, it should trump over those limitations (manual summoning, party disband when you die, no communication besides emotes) coming from game design choice. Wanting to have fun with my friends is more important and has higher priority than making sure the multiplayer system has in-game context. Keep the current system as it is, but give us a join game/ drop game from the friend list with no blue gem/ red gem etc. Just drop in play.

KorrZ

I've been trying to avoid most of the information about Dark Souls 2, but...now I'm curious.

Does anyone know anything about this item? (You can see it at about 2:49 in the second video, and it's in his equipped usable items.)

人の像
「亡者から生者に戻る」

Some sort of human statue/figure that returns you back to the living from the dead. Does it just resurrect you when you die, or is it a type of unhollowing item?

I'm assuming it's the human effigy mentioned in the Polygon preview. I believe it's just an unhollowing item.

I need a translation on those item descriptions please!
I only did one so far, and there will be people who have and will do a better job, but...any items in particular you are interested in? I'll try my best.
I'm assuming it's the human effigy mentioned in the Polygon preview. I believe it's just an unhollowing item.
Sounds like the Human Effigy item that's replaced Humanity. So yeah, it's for unhollowing. It can be used anywhere now too (not just at bonfires) like in Demon's Souls.
Thank you. :)

popyea

人の像
「亡者から生者に戻る」

Sounds like the Human Effigy item that's replaced Humanity. So yeah, it's for unhollowing. It can be used anywhere now too (not just at bonfires) like in Demon's Souls.

Edit: beaten

halfbeast

Banned
Unfortunately, all it says is:

「他の世界に侵入する」
"Invade another world."

I know I could just wait 2 weeks for the european beta, but I'm still curious: what was that yellow'ish pebble he was using to heal?

Hmm i thought it showed more details in the second video, around 2:28
Oooh, whoops. I had stopped a few minutes before. Hold on.

オンラインプレー専用アイテム
他の世界に侵入する

侵入先の世界で、世界の主を倒せば
憎しみの証を得られる

闇に唆され堕ちた者たちの業は
ひび割れた赤いオーブという形で
その残滓を留めている

Online-play restricted item
Invade another world

If you defeat the master of the world you have invaded, you can obtain proof of hatred. (?)

What remains from a deed of those who have fallen to the temptation of darkness takes the form of this cracked red eye orb.

(Translating is hard work.)

I know I could just wait 2 weeks for the european beta, but I'm still curious: what was that yellow'ish pebble he was using to heal?
Got a timestamp I can use? Sorry. :p

Sullichin

Looks great. I like that there seems to be a lot of humanoid enemies. The aesthetic seems to be somewhere in between Dark Souls' DLC and Demon's Souls.
The new spells look cool. It looked like one of the fire spells requires you to have a catalyst in one hand and a lantern in the other, that would be cool. I also like that phantoms can (seemingly) light bonfires.
Have we seen any faster roll speeds yet?

Altazor

looks like Dark Souls.

which is great, because I need MOAR (even though I'm nowhere near finished with Dark Souls tbh)

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Oooh, whoops. I had stopped a few minutes before. Hold on.

オンラインプレー専用アイテム
他の世界に侵入する

侵入先の世界で、世界の主を倒せば
憎しみの証を得られる

闇に唆され堕ちた者たちの業は
ひび割れた赤いオーブという形で
その残滓を留めている

Online-play restricted item
Invade another world

If you defeat the master of the world you have invaded, you can obtain the proof of hatred. (?)

What remains from a deed of those who have fallen to the temptation of darkness takes the form of this cracked red eye orb.

(Translating is hard work.)

Thanks, man. I was hoping
Kaathe or the Darkwraiths
would be mentioned though.

Top Bottom