• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 2 PC delayed again? [Up: Only retail version and only UK]

Hasney

The release date has been changed only on UK sites so far. I'm not sure what you're saying.

Even then, it'll probably be head office that informs the supply chain. I'm pretty sure Namco UK exists only as a PR company for the region.

Hence they have to look into and not already informed.

Exactly. It was the 'weird' part I was referring to.

Some how I get the feeling the person manning the twitter account isn't going to know about distribution changes on the spot. That and their HQ for Europe is in France.

An organized company would have briefed their staff before alerting the supply chain to delay it. They probably would have officially announced that away from Twitter, mind you.

Noaksey

Neo Member
I think that's code for "yep, delayed, but it's not time to announce it yet."

Would have been nice if they told us but the retailer did though, I honestly thought I was being told I wasn't getting the game when I first saw the email :S

Noaksey

Neo Member
Even then, it'll probably be head office that informs the supply chain. I'm pretty sure Namco UK exists only as a PR company for the region.

Exactly. It was the 'weird' part I was referring to.

An organized company would have briefed their staff before alerting the supply chain to delay it. They probably would have officially announced that away from Twitter, mind you.

Agreed you would have expected the UK team to have been informed of the decision to delay it again before the retailers did, how could they not be informed or did they ignore the fax?

Why? FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Haven't I waited enough? Have I not pre-ordered it! I'm not even gonna talk about my dedication to previous titles.

This hurts more than finding my wife in a bbc gangbang!

onionfrog

I hope this is just for retail PC copies....
If not, I've still got a SL1 run to complete in Dark Souls 1. And I can always just try a new build after I finish that.

Facism

Simplycdkeys still has the 25th down as release date. They've also sold out of Dark Souls 2 lol. Never seen that happen there.

Crossing my fingers.

nero2082

2ijox21.gif

Dr Dogg

Oh for sure that goes without saying but from my experience of ordering direct from Namco they don't do distribution themselves but use outside companies to handle that for them. In fact I've had a cock up with an order directly placed with them but handled by a company called Pepita which took a week later than what Namco told me. Subsequently Namco didn't have a clue what was going on until I contacted Pepita direct to find out the score.

Could be a case of a fulfilment company who is working on behalf of Namco who are then supplying Amazon and contacted them directly as well to inform them of a situation and Amazon updating their date before Namco have a chance to forward this through their communications channels.

Hahaha of course this is all pie in the sky logic.

I'll be fucked if Nuuvem gets their keys delayed, hell I'll even cancel the fucking preorder to buy it on Steam (yes, I'm that desperate)

-MD-

Digital better not be delayed.

Edit: From got wind of Durante's article so they're putting the old 2012 assets back in the game real quick.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
For all it's worth, Amazon.de still lists the 25th. Maybe it really is a UK thing?

Koeta

So far Green Man Gaming still lists it as 25th, any word how they obtain their keys?
Hope this doesn't delay my copy from them. D:

Crap. I had the boxed version ordered thanks to it being much cheaper and having credit at both ShopTo and Amazon. I guess I'll order on GreenManGaming assuming the 20% discount still works.

Dr Dogg

You know what the funniest thing is that I highly doubt a manufacturing error is going to alter the Steam code we are all going to input and leave the disc and box on the shelf.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
All this to accommodate Jeff Green is a bit much.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm willing to bet that digital won't be delayed, it's going to be buggy as hell, everyone will bitch and complain about how they released a shitty broken product that should have been worked on longer, then a week later a patch will come out that fixes everything.

Top Bottom