• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Dark Souls 3 Collectors and Prestige Editions

Alcoholikaust

Apr 17, 2009
Philadelphia
steamcommunity.com
Prestige Edition

A copy of Dark Souls III
Collector’s Box
Metal Case
40cm Lord of Cinder Figurine
A4 Hardcover Artbook
Soundtrack
Cloth Game Map
3X Iron-On Patches

Collector’s Edition

A copy of Dark Souls III
Collector’s Box
Metal Case
25cm Red Knight Figurine
A4 Hardcover Artbook
Soundtrack
Cloth Game Map
3X Iron-On Patches
Both found here
Maz said:
Couldn't find any info on this anywhere else on the net, and didn't know where to post this so here it goes. 
I walked into our local gaming store here in Dubai and found them selling pre-orders for Dark Souls 3 Collectors edition for 500 AED (~136 USD) and Prestige edition for 1800 aed (~490 USD). That prestige edition pricing is f**king outragous. needless to say i put money down on the collectors edition.

Links have no real information but images of whats included in each edition.

http://www.geekaygames.com/ps4/dark-...s-edition.htmll
http://www.geekaygames.com/ps4/dark-...e-edition.html

edit:contents listed via gematsu, rest gets credited to Maz (the coolest Junior ever)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Mar 6, 2006
Wait, I'm I reading that right?

FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY US DOLLARS?!

Jul 29, 2013
Is there another difference between the two editions other than the figurine and the packaging that explains a ~300$ price difference?

Also Day 1 on the CE, if i some kind of lottery then i go for the Prestige :]

Krusenstern

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Germany
A bit too tacky for my tastes.
I would prefer a simple hardcover sleeve with steelbook, artbook, and soundtrack inside (similar to Bloodborne's collectors editions).

No use for these figurines.

Maz

Dec 2, 2014
Dubai
Hey, I've been lurking around for the past 4 years. Created my account a year ago, not the posting type. But I thought this was worth coming out of hiding for.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Jul 7, 2010
1799 dirhams?! Holy shit, that's around $500. I don't see anything in the prestige edition that justifies the cost.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Man, why can't companies come up with better stuff than figurines all the time. I'd rather have more useless Bloodborne shit that at least looks decent on a shelf than having a figurine museum at home.

Price is insane anyway but still >:/

JayEH

Dec 3, 2013
Sigh, another statue. Was hoping for something more the Bloodborne Collector's edition.

Edit: at least we got a date.

Wingus

Mar 17, 2015
Whoa, that's out of my price range.

I'd only really want the steelbook and artbook...

cerulily

Nov 26, 2013
Jesus, i don't want a statue, that shit takes up tonnes of space and looks tacky as hell. What happened to having a nice box with a book?

Mifec

Oct 11, 2014
dropping the 500 if it exists for PC and isn't locked to consoles like most collectors editions.

KodaRuss

Aug 30, 2014
That Lord of Cinder looks pretty sick. Definitely not worth $500. Are these US as well? Did I miss that somewhere?

The Boat

Sep 22, 2010
This will be the first physical game I get for the PC in a long, long time... but not this version.