• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Debug thread: "My dad could beat up your dad" but with bosses

Artorias vs Gough vs Ornstein vs Ciaran

Gwyn Knights Battle Royale lets goooooooooo!

Hawkeye-Gough-DS-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B8-Dark-Souls-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-1472209.jpeg

Artorias will dominate them all lol

Since it's all client-based I doubt bans would get handed out, right? Seems like a lot of neat stuff to try out, but not worth the risking of a banhammer squashing me.

Just found out you can still access the gesture menu by pressing all four trigger buttons at the same time. Tried it on a few enemies and it just seems to initiate various attack animations instead of forcing them to gesture. Didn't try on any proper NPCs though.

Edit: yeah NPCs can gesture:

A debug for Dark Souls 2 would be awesome right now, I could respawn Mytha. But man, this is so fucking cool. Would love to see some Bonewheel gifs.

Shengar

Just found out you can still access the gesture menu by pressing all four trigger buttons at the same time. Tried it on a few enemies and it just seems to initiate various attack animations instead of forcing them to gesture. Didn't try on any proper NPCs though.

Edit: yeah NPCs can gesture:

Hollow Big Hat Logan
should give you Well! What Is It! gesture when you meet him.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So great.

Do you have to control one of the two, or can you have AI v AI battle it out?

EDIT: Link for the exe is down in the OP link, btw.

Thanks for the heads up. I posted a different one, and will be uploading it to the Nexus now.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dark souls doesn't use VAC currently and DS2 disabled VAC earlier in the year.

Has there been official word regarding VAC and Dark Souls 1? I know they removed it for 2 since they handle bans through their own server instead. Not that I think VAC is an issue at all with Dark Souls 1 given the super anonymous japanese fellow who just happened to have the right memory adresses to make DSFix work again.

mcmmaster

Ha, so that Sif gameplay I posted in the GFWL thread got taken down from YouTube for copyright infringement, damn you From/Namco

Has there been official word regarding VAC and Dark Souls 1? I know they removed it for 2 since they handle bans through their own server instead. Not that I think VAC is an issue at all with Dark Souls 1 given the super anonymous japanese fellow who just happened to have the right memory adresses to make DSFix work again.

i wonder if the same anonymous japanese fellow uploaded this beta build "by mistake"

FaintDeftone

Could you use the debug version to make your character invincible and/or have enemies not attack so you could run through and explore the environments on your leisure? If so, that would be awesome because I love to run around this world.

mcmmaster

Could you use the debug version to make your character invincible and/or have enemies not attack so you could run through and explore the environments on your leisure? If so, that would be awesome because I love to run around this world.

Yep you can, toggle Player Hide & Player Silence on and you can walk around the world in peace

Havel

Good news, someone over at /vg/ in the Dark Souls General is working on translating the debug menu and will have a pastebin up once ready. They have already finished SYSTEM

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Good news, someone over at /vg/ in the Dark Souls General is working on translating the debug menu and will have a pastebin up once ready. They have already finished SYSTEM

Incredible. Super looking forward to that.

I wonder if we'd be able to mod the translation in after the fact?

Excellent :)
Just catching up on the webms now. For some reason they are blocked at work. Incredible stuff.

Incredible. Super looking forward to that.

I wonder if we'd be able to mod the translation in after the fact?

Now THAT would be truly great.

How are you guys getting characters out of their assigned areas? I was unable to take a Butcher out of the Depths. I got her to the point where the map wasn't loaded, then switched to my character and caught up to the Butcher, then switched back...but I couldn't get any further.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
One thing that's kind of a bummer is not having full access to characters movesets. For example, as Gwyn there are buttons which aren't mapped (like Y) but you also don't have his leaping attack to use either.

I did find that as Gwyn, if you grab your character, he'll do that attack and THEN afterward automatically do a leaping attack. Maybe that's all it is.

Also, can't seem to reasonably combo or loop animations. As a result, as a bonewheel skeleton when doing their attack they run, roll up, then just stop immediately.

If anyone has tips, feel free to share.

Havel

One thing that's kind of a bummer is not having full access to characters movesets. For example, as Gwyn there are buttons which aren't mapped (like Y) but you also don't have his leaping attack to use either.

I did find that as Gwyn, if you grab your character, he'll do that attack and THEN afterward automatically do a leaping attack. Maybe that's all it is.

Also, can't seem to reasonably combo or loop animations. As a result, as a bonewheel skeleton when doing their attack they run, roll up, then just stop immediately.

If anyone has tips, feel free to share.

http://a.pomf.se/kdmwvt.webm

As for combos, you can do them when you individually select their animation ID in Other (on your controlled NPC menu), but not on a controller as of yet. We are still trying to figure that out.

Top Bottom