• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARK SOULS II: Into the Light (Graphic Novel)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
1381763_547965398609842_253097301_n.jpg

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe and From Software have decided to work with some of the most exciting comic writers and artists to produce an exclusive comic book for one of the most-anticipated games of 2014: DARK SOULS II.
The graphic novel, titled "DARK SOULSTM II: Into the Light" takes place in the thrilling universe of the game. The story is written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby.
Source

Extra (Thanks Seda & OverBlood 3)
NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE takes you through a deeper experience with its new comic based on the praised DARK SOULSTM II

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe and From Software have decided to work with some of the most exciting comic writers and artists to produce an exclusive comic book for one of the most-anticipated games of 2014: DARK SOULSTM II.

The graphic novel, titled “DARK SOULSTM II: Into the Light” takes place in the thrilling universe of the game. The story is written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby.

Rob Williams is an acclaimed British-based comic book writer whose credits include Ghost Rider, Daken, Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark X-Men, Cla$$war, Star Wars Tales and the 2013 British Comic Award nominated Judge Dredd: Trifecta.

Simon Coleby is a British comic book artist who has worked for Marvel and 2000 AD. His credits include creating art for Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper and the popular ‘The Authority’ series from DC/Wildstorm. He also worked on the 2013 British Comic Award nominated Judge Dredd: Trifecta.

Andi Ewington is an up-and-coming writer whose breakthrough debut novel ‘45’ won critical acclaim from reviewers and fans alike, and has recently claimed a #1 Amazon UK Kindle Superhero bestseller spot. He was also named in WizardWorld’s ‘5 on the rise’ for 2010.

When asked about their collaboration around “DARK SOULS II: Into the Light”, the authors said that “Gothic environments, unworldly monsters, eldritch atmosphere, adventure and terror” are the best arguments that an artist could wish for! When it comes down to the deep & breathtaking storyline they only whispered “Before you venture into the darkness, pay heed to those who know what awaits within”.

DARK SOULS II: Into the Light will offer an extended experience to hardcore fans and newcomers in the DARK SOULS II universe and will be available Early January 2014.

This Comic will be available online for free. A limited printed version will also be created for certain editions of the game in certain countries (Details will be revealed later on.)
1374733_547965415276507_1103304294_n.jpg

Anyone can tell me about the quality of Rob Williams and Andi Ewington works?

Phandy

I hope its a wordless comic, or is super minimal, maybe just narration, soaking with atmosphere and awesome artwork. They could do something really nice taking from the atmosphere of the game.

Doubt it though :(

Seda

Here's the relevant PR info (c/p-ed):

NAMCO BANDAI GAMES EUROPE takes you through a deeper experience with its new comic based on the praised DARK SOULSTM II

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe and From Software have decided to work with some of the most exciting comic writers and artists to produce an exclusive comic book for one of the most-anticipated games of 2014: DARK SOULSTM II.

The graphic novel, titled “DARK SOULSTM II: Into the Light” takes place in the thrilling universe of the game. The story is written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby.

Rob Williams is an acclaimed British-based comic book writer whose credits include Ghost Rider, Daken, Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark X-Men, Cla$$war, Star Wars Tales and the 2013 British Comic Award nominated Judge Dredd: Trifecta.

Simon Coleby is a British comic book artist who has worked for Marvel and 2000 AD. His credits include creating art for Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper and the popular ‘The Authority’ series from DC/Wildstorm. He also worked on the 2013 British Comic Award nominated Judge Dredd: Trifecta.

Andi Ewington is an up-and-coming writer whose breakthrough debut novel ‘45’ won critical acclaim from reviewers and fans alike, and has recently claimed a #1 Amazon UK Kindle Superhero bestseller spot. He was also named in WizardWorld’s ‘5 on the rise’ for 2010.

When asked about their collaboration around “DARK SOULS II: Into the Light”, the authors said that “Gothic environments, unworldly monsters, eldritch atmosphere, adventure and terror” are the best arguments that an artist could wish for! When it comes down to the deep & breathtaking storyline they only whispered “Before you venture into the darkness, pay heed to those who know what awaits within”.

DARK SOULS II: Into the Light will offer an extended experience to hardcore fans and newcomers in the DARK SOULS II universe and will be available Early January 2014.

Alric

It's gonna suck when you read a page wrong and the comic bursts into flames and you have to buy a new one to continue.

LiK

Something no one wanted. One of the best things is trying to figure out the story from the game itself.

Mman235

I hope its a wordless comic, or is super minimal, maybe just narration, soaking with atmosphere and awesome artwork. They could do something really nice taking from the atmosphere of the game.

Doubt it though :(

Yeah, I don't think a "traditional" narrative would fit a Dark Soul's comic at all. I hope it's a bit more experimental than that and more abstract and minimalist.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
My first reaction was that this is what Kentaro Miura has been doing for the last year or so.

:(

What the hell is he doing at the minute ? Did a new idolmaster come out ? I'm way behind on Berserk but a good friend of mine is up to date and is going mad waiting for new chapters.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CTRL+F "free supplement."

0 results found.

Oh, so you have to buy it. Well... I guess I can check it out... maybe...

Alric

It's been about 7 months since the last chapter of berserk and everyone mentioning is making me sad. The world needs more berserk.

kick51

Banned
A comic with deaths and resurrections that make sense...with none of the wait!

CTRL+F "free supplement."

0 results found.

Oh, so you have to buy it. Well... I guess I can check it out... maybe...

do you want a shitty tack-on with binding that falls after a read or something somebody hopes other people will pay money for

leakey

Berserk has just turned into Scooby Doo with the G-g-g-g-ghost pirates lagging on forever and ever and ever and ever...

Dudes gonna be dead before he finishes the series.

Namco Bandai Games EUROPE 15 minutes ago

This Comic will be available online for free. A limited printed version will also be created for certain editions of the game in certain countries (details will be revealed later on.

Drayco21

This is an...interesting decision. Hopefully they do something interesting, the Souls world is really interesting to explore, and there's some good potential in it.

Top Bottom