• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been with the series from the start. From the humble but ambitious Demon's Souls Collector's Edition, to the botched Best Buy Dark Souls collector's edition that I got screwed out of, to this.

I'm going to opt out of the Collector's Edition this time, but I'm totally going all out when this series hits PS4.

MilkBeard

I can't believe it's almost upon us. This will be glorious. And it just so happens that I get Tuesday through Thursday off every week, so I'm going to have three whole days to play the game to my heart's content.

KePoW

Banned
I never played any of the Souls games and haven't followed the development of this one. For PC, what does "TBA" mean??

Gorillaz

Check on the links section.

triple-h-nod.gif

calling home girl as avy
jpM6ubO1HeCFc.png

Steel

Banned
Thought this was a daganronpa thread when I saw Hope and Despair. But no it's Dark Souls 2.

1 week till it comes out then? Shweet.

Navy Bean

Can't wait to play this, but I think I'm going to dive into Titanfall first. I like waiting a bit with Souls games until a nice knowledge base builds up about weapons, locations, bosses, etc.

Minamu

It's gonna be beautiful :D And I'll probably reach sl200 for the first time in DS1 before it comes out! Can't wait either.

Sanctuary

Am I the only one who still finds the naming of Vigor and Vitality to be way off? It seems like they should be switched. Both words share a similar meaning anyway, yet "Vitality" as your overall health has almost always been a staple in (A)RPGs. And hell, it was in the previous two games as well.

dreamfall

So much excitement! So much death awaiting.

Beautiful OT- I can't wait for the surprises that we'll encounter here. Still trying to decide to wait for the PC version, or double dip but this will be glorious!

Inskipp

I'm tempted to pre-order the 360- version, since the fact that there's still no word on PC release concerns me. Waiting for April (assuming that rumor ended up being true) would be intolerable for me.

Also would give me an excuse to dust off the old thing... Been sitting there for ages.

Prototype

Can't wait to play this, but I think I'm going to dive into Titanfall first. I like waiting a bit with Souls games until a nice knowledge base builds up about weapons, locations, bosses, etc.

Heck no man!
For me the best about the souls series is NOT KNOWING, that first time through DeS and DS are both my most memorable times, figuring things out, paying attention to the little things, taking in the atmosphere. Of course I end up playing again and looking up everything I missed, but I will always love those first play throughs most.

I'm going into this game totally blind. Haven't watched a single trailer, have avoided threads dealing with it, did not even attempt to sign up for the beta. Will avoid the internet at least until my first playthrough is complete. It's the way I played the first game and it was one of the most amazing gaming experiences of my life.

Shinjica

I know but they are working on it and TRYING to make a better port this time. Patience.

Lets be honest, this as nothing to do with refining the game for PC. I'm pretty sure is a marketing decision that of not telling the pc release date right now

Deitus

Great OT.

This last week wait is going to be absolutely brutal. Especially since my delivery estimate isn't until the 13th. What the hell am I paying for prime for Amazon if you can't even give me release date delivery?

I can only hope Dark Souls 1 is enough to tide me over, but this is going to be a very nonproductive week at work.

Inskipp

Lets be honest, this as nothing to do with refining the game for PC. I'm pretty sure is a marketing decision that of not telling the pc release date right now
Well it's definitely working, if my earlier post is anything to go by with.

Birin

Neo Member
This game is going to own my life, I give it willingly. Playing me some D3 until it hits then pure dark souls baby wooo!

ironcreed

Banned
Ah, and here it is. Great OT. Pre-ordered on PSN and ready to go. It's hard to get into anything else right now knowing this is coming next week.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
How many of you are double dipping? I will but PC version may have to wait till May unless my tax return gets here at a decent time.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i9eYSRkqyqmT8.png

i9Fd65j2qdyRZ.png

Developer: From Software
Publisher: Namco Bandai US/EU, From Software JP
Release Dates:
Consoles: March 11th, 2014 (US), March 13th (JP), March 14th (EU)
PC: TBA
Rated: T For Teen, Zero18, Pegi16

Dark Souls II is a Dark Fantasy RPG Centered around tense dungeon exploration and a difficult, satisfying challenges.

In addition to the normal appeals of growth and discovery that RPGs provide, Dark Souls II aims to give the player a sense of accomplishment. The serious dangers in the game fosters greater verisimilitude and more immersion in the world of this Action Adventure.

Another Hallmark of the series - Its simple system for sharing your world with other players online - Returns better than ever in Dark Souls II with the introduction of dedicated game servers, resulting in a smoother multiplayer experience. Without any need for words you can bring another player into your adventure experience.
Master the formidable challenges of this Dark Fantasy world, and be rewarded

COLLECTOR'S GUIDE
Area Guide Walkthrough - detailed maps to guide you in exploring every inch of the game's huge world. Learn ahortcuts that will not only save time but also reduce deaths by PvP invasion. Discover the most powerful weapons and useful treasures.

Multiplayer Guide - Co-operation and survival or invasion and destruction - all of the essential techniques are discussed. For new players, basic survival tactics are explained. For advanced players, the hidden technical details are revealed to keep them on the cutting edge.

Enemy Analysis - To succeed, you must know your enemy. Elemental weaknesses, damage type weaknesses, lethal attacks, tactics for melee and ranged fighters, tactics for defeating foes using the terrain, story significance, item drops... all will be revealed.

Weapons & Equipment - Weapons, Armor and Magic are all covered in exhaustive detail. Full stats, locations, upgrade paths and usage strategies are provided so you can easily compare all of the options when choosing which equipment to use and how to upgrade your gear.

Item Data - Complete item lists reveal every last consumable, accessory, upgrading material and offensive item. Quickly discover where to find each one, how to make the most of them, and how to defend yourself when they are used against you!
Lore Index - A unique guide to help players unravel this dark, mysterious world of Dark Souls for themselves. The Lore Index guides players to find the clues they need to illuminate the truth, revealing as much as required while spoiling as little as possible.

ibrmrDQVk1y5FS.png

iDDRDH3aIYJ3V.png

Black Armor Edition (Free upgrade by Pre-ordering)
  • Game
  • Collectible Metal Case
  • Original Game Soundtrack

Collector's Edition
  • Game
  • Collectible metal case
  • Original Game Soundtrack
  • Hardcover Artbook
  • 12 inch tall Warrior Knight figurine
  • Full-color microfiber game map

Japanese Collector's Edition
  • Game
  • Original Soundtrack
  • Hard Cover Artbook
  • Full-color microfiber game map
  • Miniature Weapon Set

ibQWMMjAAfkct.png

Summons: Summon players to help you fight your way through the game. The summons have limited time so use them wisely.

Invasions: Enemies will invade you in the game. Fight em off and get souls and humanity from them.

Covenants: When exploring the game world, specific opportunities will allow the player to ally with a specific person/object.

This oath/allegiance system is called a Covenant.
Dedicated Servers: Unlike Dark Souls 1 this game features dedicated servers for better online play

idweekrFtjm4G.png

Warrior
A warrior that lives on the battle field. Has high Strength and Dexterity, making it easy to meet stat requirements for weapons. Has a shield from the beginning.

Knight
A traveling knight. Has high Vigor and Adaptability allowing them to withstand many hits. Does not come equipped with a shield, so players need to be cautious at the beginning. Has fairly high Faith.

Swordsman
A swordsman with honed skills. Fights skillfully with weapons equipped in each hand. Equipped with an upgraded Scimitar and Longsword from the start.

Bandit
A ruthless bandit. Has high Dexterity and can use a bow. Can react to both long range and short range threats. Best for players that want to create a Dexterity build.

Cleric
A cleric on a pilgrimage. Their miracles and high Faith can show them the way forward. Has learned the Heal miracle from the start and can explore with persistence.

Sorcerer
A wise sorcerer. Can command sorcery with high Intelligence and Attunement. Has learned Soul Arrow and is good at long ranged combat.

Explorer
An explorer traveling through many lands. Does not excel in any particular area, but comes equipped with many items, allowing them to fight advantageously at the beginning of the game.
iZrMmCMwa9Dii.png

ipgIY1foQmi9z.png

iscYi4JO8qWNL.png

iA90xWW41jcTw.png

ibdF2wIIH26cW7.png

PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS FOR ANYTHING THAT COULD BE CONSIDERED A SPOILER ON THIS THREAD (STORY, BOSSES, EARLY STREAMS, HIDDEN CONTENT, ETC.)

dreamfall

How many of you are double dipping? I will but PC version may have to wait till May unless my tax return gets here at a decent time.

Dammit- we just need to know if it's close to the console release date...

If it is months out, I'll double dip. Going in blind like this is torturous! I mean, I did revisit Demon's this past month and it was pretty glorious. But definitely left something to desire after Durante's magic.

Also, I liked the old title- but killer job on the OT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom