The story of Dark Souls III
As fires fade and the world falls into ruin, journey into a universe filled with more colossal enemies and environments. Players will be immersed into a world of epic atmosphere and darkness through faster gameplay and amplified combat intensity. Fans and newcomers alike will get lost in the game hallmark rewarding gameplay and immersive graphics.
Now only embers remain… Prepare yourself once more and Embrace The Darkness!
- Developer - FromSoftware, Inc.
- Genre - Action role-playing
- Director - Hidetaka Miyazaki
- Release Date -
- Platform - PC, PS4, Xbox One
- Rating - CERO: D / ESRB: M / PEGI: 16
- Price - ~55 EUR or 60 USD
- Collector's Editions -
Apocalypse "Day 1" Edition - ~60 USD
Collector's Edition - ~130 USD
Prestige Edition - ~600 USD. | *CLICK* to see an unboxing video of this insanely expensive edition.
If you're visiting this |OT|, chances are that you've bought the Japanese version of the game. This version is fully in Japanese, which might come as a problem for most importers. For this reason, a subredit community called DarkSouls3JPN has been created and will greatly help you with the translation of the game. Other mediums of help should be available in this very thread, along with other various sites such as IGN and Gamespot.
- This is the player's current Level. It will increase when leveling any stat.
- Strength controls the player's Attack for weapons that scale with Strength and adds fire resistance.
- Dexterity controls the player's Attack Power for weapons that scale with Dexterity, increases casting speed for most spells and reduces damage from falling.
- Vigor determines the amount of health or hit-points that your character has
- Intelligence is required to cast certain sorceries and pyromancies. On top of this, the stat also also increases your Magic Defense.
- Attunement determines the number of attunement slots or amount of spells you can carry at the same time. It also determines your Focus Points (mana).
- Endurance controls the player's Stamina.
- Faith is required to cast miracles and pyromancies. Also boosts Dark Defense.
- Vitality determines your character's equipment load and poison resistance. Also increases physical defense.
- Luck is back from Demon's Souls and it's better than ever; increasing the chance of getting rare (or greater) loot from the enemies. On top of that, it also increases your Bleed, Poison and Curse resistances.
Movement and Camera Control
Left stick: Move character
Right stick: Move camera
R3 button: Lock on/camera reset
Touch pad button
(Left) Open Gesture Menu
(Right) Open Start Menu
Open Start Menu
R1 button Attack with right-hand weapon
R2 button Strong attack with right-hand
L1 button: Guard (when shield equipped)
L2 button: Use battle skill
Use magic (when sorcerer's staff or talisman equipped)
Using Battle Skills
The newest addition to Dark Souls III is the ability to use unique battle skills that significantly changes the dynamic of the combat. These are called battle skills which consume the mana of your character. To do the following technique, you need to:
⃝ Equip the weapon of choice in your right hand to dual-hand mode (△ or Y-button)
⃝ Whilst wielding a weapon with two hands, press the L2 or LT-button to activate the battle skill
Just like Scholar of the First Sin, Dark Souls III will support up to six players in online multiplayer, but this time around there will be dedicated servers instead of peer-to-peer connections. For the end user that basically means that connections will be smoother and there should be fewer issues joining games (Prime Games).
It comes of as no surprise when bosses in previous Souls games transition from one phase to another - gaining a wide variety of different move sets. In Dark Souls III, they want the unpredictability and shake-up in routine to every boss. Some bosses might even have multiple phases and some bosses will force the player to engage in different environments.
to FromSoftware for creating one of the most thrilling gaming experiences
to Souls-GAF for further encouraging my enthusiasm towards this series
to my wonderful girlfriend, who has been supporting and helping me with this thread
to darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com for providing tons of valuable information
to primagames.com and polygon.com for some articles that gave me facts regarding some specific gameplay related things