• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III in English is now available on the Xbox One after buying on JP store

MUnited83

For you.
People over on the import thread started reporting it

instructions on how to buy it

I assume you don't need a VPN for JP

On xbox.com scroll to the bottom of the page, click the lower left hand corner and change it to japan, search for dark souls 3, buy it, use a JP address (Hotel etc), then turn on xbox and download it from your games ready to install section
hopefuly someone else makes a thread but basically :

1. make a dummy account, set the region to japan (this is only if youre scared your main account may get banned)

2. buy xbox credit (yen) from microsoftstore (set region to japan, search for yen cards on the site. they will be sent to you within seconds)

3. buy the game, enter a japanese adress, i used the us embassy in tokyo

4. set your xbox region to us or uk or wherever you live

5. download the game

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I'm interested in how this version performs because I have access to both consoles but prefer the XBO pad.

So, as every other game. There were some doubts because in Japan Namco does not publish the game as in the West.

Now the question remains, should I spend 60 euros on it? Hummm...

Nephtes

Important Questions Remain:
How is performance of Dark Souls 3 on XOne?
Does Dark Souls 3 on XOne have Bloodborne's annoying frame pacing issue?

Korosenai

How does this work?

Do I switch my xbox to japanese, buy the game from the japanese xbox store, download the game, then switch my account back to english? or do I have to keep my account to japanese to be able to play?

Ryan_MSF

Cannot possibly for the life of me understand why if the game is available now in english, why on earth we have this delay?

Kudo

Jesus Bandai Namco just release the game!
I'm actually thinking about going out to buy Xbox One now.

cheesekao

Someone in the thread also said that you may get banned for doing this as it happened to his friend for doing it with another game so be cautious.

Ryan_MSF

Dodging spoilers was becoming difficult at best currently as it was

this just makes it even worse

it's a good job only 13 people own an xbox one

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Someone in the thread also said that you may get banned for doing this as it happened to his friend for doing it with another game so be cautious.

You can buy games from another region without any worries of bans. Microsoft even put a guide up for it

Aw man. Someone needs to conjure up a way to get the English version on Steam early, I'm off work this week. (Though I suppose it'd be good for me to see a little bit of the outside world over my last few days off instead of being in front of a monitor 24/7.)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Aw man. Someone needs to conjure up a way to get the English version on Steam early, I'm off work this week. (Though I suppose it'd be good for me to see a little bit of the outside world over my last few days off instead of being in front of a monitor 24/7.)

Now is not the time for jokes, c'mon man!

How does this work?

Do I switch my xbox to japanese, buy the game from the japanese xbox store, download the game, then switch my account back to english? or do I have to keep my account to japanese to be able to play?

You buy the game from the Japanese store, switch to English, preload the English version and just start it.

Top Bottom