• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III leaked info and screenshots [RUMOR - Better Details Write-Up]

Sorry for the bump. So apparently eclipses are supposed to be a big thing in DaS3. Got me thinking, what else in souls looks just like an eclipse?

The Dark Sign. Perhaps a true cure/resolution to the curse of the undead is in the works?

9tyTGkz.gif

takriel

Microsoft had Dark Souls II in 2013 I believe. So maybe they're going for it again this time?

Not sure if Bloodborne expansion will be ready to be announced at E3 though.

aaronbst

Banned
tumblr_nr90lmvJgk1tuaj3no1_250.jpg
tumblr_nr90lmvJgk1tuaj3no2_250.jpg
I'm at SDCC right now (well, outside of it :/ ) and I saw this, idk if it's gotten out there before, don't believe there was a rating in the e3 trailer

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Praise the fucking sun, yo!

Dark Souls 2 didn't have the "strong language" descriptor, but the summary on the ESRB website cited the use of words like "prick" and "bastard". The ESRB site describes the "Strong language" qualifier as, "Explicit and/or frequent use of profanity". Maybe Dark Souls 3 uses tame words like prick and bastard but more often than in 2, and so it counts as strong language? Haha I dunno, I thought profanity was for more vulgar words than these, but who knows. There's also a merely "Language" qualifier, which is "Mild to moderate use of profanity", you'd think it'd fall under that at the most.

I'm also baffled by "Use of Drugs" (which is "The consumption or use of illegal drugs"). lol, really? Maybe you find some NPC high on opiates or something.

Or, more likely, this is some placeholder that has nothing to do with the actual game. XD

GrayChild

"Strong language"
"Use of drugs"

Solaire: (taking rip from a bong) "Let's engage in jolly cooperation and send these motherfucking dragon slayers into oblivion!".

Parsnip

Shouldn't we discuss in the announcement thread, it's not like it's a rumor anymore?

Is a "Spring" release new info? I thought before they'd said Early or Q1 2016; maybe I'm mistaken.

Yup, I think it was Early 2016 before, I suppose spring counts, kind of. March, April, May are still early in the year. Also DkS2 was March 11 (on consoles), maybe they are aiming there abouts again.

Durante

This was the end of the official E3 trailer:

captureds3eapk2.png

I don't know if "Spring" is really different from "Early". The rating is different, though it's also PEGI here, so if the M is mostly due to "drug use" and not violence the game could well have a lower rating in Europe than the US:

Top Bottom