• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Jackben said:
There are so many random little things that I didn't realize about the game that pop up randomly.

Like how Seek Guidance miracle lets you see summon signs without being embered.
correction on this:

In typical Fromsoft fashion, Seek Guidance only lets you SEE the signs. I guess it could be useful to reveal whether it is worthwhile to waste an ember or not.

Is there currently a step by step guide on getting all miracles/sorceries/pyromancies?

Not just "eh do this quest and this" but a straight up walkthrough that tells you what to do assuming you don't know the questlines?

All at the same time not necessary, can be separate I don't mind running separate runs for those.

Sothpaw

Sucks how you can't just log out when you get invaded like you could in Bloodborne. Now I make the guys chase me around for a bit then jump off a cliff.

silva1991

I wonder when will they announce the first DLC and it's trailer

I hope it's at least boreal valley/dragon peak quality.

Manu

13174076_1168480049850999_4115989263855696712_n.jpg

I can't breathe.

myco666

Is there currently a step by step guide on getting all miracles/sorceries/pyromancies?

Not just "eh do this quest and this" but a straight up walkthrough that tells you what to do assuming you don't know the questlines?

All at the same time not necessary, can be separate I don't mind running separate runs for those.

I don't think there is more than one tied to a quest. The one that is is Emit Force which you get from Seigward. Others you can get at anytime.

Yea I run around un-embered 99% of the time. Just after I kill a boss I always get invaded; need to remember to just die right after so it's a non-issue.

I don't really understand why getting invaded is a issue. Getting constantly invaded is annoying but that doesn't happen ever and getting invaded is so infrequent anyway.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
People who die on purpose to lose their ember status or play offline always make me laugh. Why not fight or play with invaders to see what happens? Dying isn't a big deal, don't walk around with too many souls or you can just pull the invader back near a bonfire for easy retrieval. And if you are embered it is very easy to summon backup. Just try it sometime, might learn something, or even experience fun.

I won't make anyone play the game a certain way but I can certainly laugh at how ridiculous people are about avoiding invasions.

Sothpaw

I don't really understand why getting invaded is a issue. Getting constantly invaded is annoying but that doesn't happen ever and getting invaded is so infrequent anyway.

I just don't like it because I don't like pvp and invasions waste my time. Weird I feel like I always get invaded right after I kill a boss. No big deal I just need to remember to not be embered.

People who die on purpose to lose their ember status or play offline always make me laugh. Why not fight or play with invaders to see what happens? Dying isn't a big deal, don't walk around with too many souls or you can just pull the invader back near a bonfire for easy retrieval. And if you are embered it is very easy to summon backup. Just try it sometime, might learn something, or even experience fun.

I won't make anyone play the game a certain way but I can certainly laugh at how ridiculous people are about avoiding invasions.

I laugh too when I make them chase me around for a bit then right when the get to me I just /wrist. Seriously though I just don't like pvp in the souls games and I don't exactly have a ton of free time nowadays.

Ferr986

I don't know what's so funny about it. Some people like invasions, some don't. I would say people that unember already tried PvP and for whatever reasons they don't like it, and that's fine. The game give you option for both things.

I like invasions and always try to stay embered (and even using fingers) while I have a friend that hates to get invaded. I would never say he's playing wrong or missing something. It's actually cool that the game gives you options for both things. Hell, I actually liked how DS2 gave you even more options, with invasions after a boss was defeated or burning an effogy to block invasions for a certain time. More options for both sides.

Deku Tree

OT+2 hype! Wonder if I will finish the game before OT+7!!!

just play offline or not in ember mode if you don't want to be invaded.

Well it sucks when you ember because you want to team up for a boss fight and then you spend ten minutes trying to summon people to help you with the boss and meanwhile you get invaded b/c invaders find an easier time getting to you than it is to summon help, and then you can't log out or do anything because your invaded and you don't want to die or lose your ember so you have no option except to run away from invaders until they get bored and leave or stay and fight them when you just wanted to team up for a boss fight.

Tarkus

OT2 hype! Wonder if I will finish the game before OT3!!!

Well it sucks when you ember because you want to team up for a boss fight and then you spend ten minutes trying to summon people to help you with the boss and meanwhile you get invaded b/c invaders find an easier time getting to you than it is to summon help, and then you can't log out or do anything because your invaded.
Technically it's the third OT. It's in NG+ terms, for example NG+7.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You've had 3 opportunities to use 'Dark Souls III |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls' and failed them all.

KHlover

Banned
Anyone elses loading time when first booting the game skyrocketed? It used to just take a bit longer than loading after a death for me, but after the recent patches it's like a 2min+ load time now :S

EDIT: On PC

EDIT 2: WTF now going from Firelink to
Anor Londo
took just as long when it used to be literally 2 item descriptions for me. Meh.

I love this title so much.

Regarding summons, what the matter with fight clubs? Unless I'm mistaken, aren't those the ones where there's like 4 other phantoms and people just 1v1 with the winner fighting the next challenger?

I found that at SL 125 I've been getting summoned a lot for 1v1 against the host outside of the boss P
ontiff

Meccs

So on my new character Greirat isn't leaving, he is not pillaging. This is at the point where you send him out the first time. I killed two bosses in between and he just sits there. If I hit "talk" he just asks if I changed my mind. Anyone had this problem yet?

Edit: Apparently going back to Undead Settlement should trigger him. I probably did send him out too late.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I'm listening to the OST that came with the Day 1 edition and never noticed this while playing, but... the Nameless King boss theme, or at least the Storm King part (seems like it's edited, sigh...) is uh... strangely similar to the Ancient Dragon theme from DS2.

I love Motoi Sakuraba but that sounds like blatant recycling this time around, or what?

I mean I hear
Gwyndoline
's theme in the Aldritch fight too but that can be justified for lore reasons. I don't see a connection between the DS2 Ancient Dragon and the King of the Storms/The Nameless King though...

[loss.jpg]
I can't breathe.
Oh wow. *snickers*

Yeah, but at least they aren't those who play online and then pull the plug when they're about to lose to an invader, or worse, pull the plug right as you invade. Play offline or stay unembered, you pissy cowards. xD

You've had 3 opportunities to use 'Dark Souls III |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls' and failed them all.
Sorry, the poise/pause pun was just too good, I have to agree with the consensus. Maybe for OT3?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
This game sometimes. I create a new character, get to Road of Sacrifices (SL30 with +2 weapon). GET SUMMONED AS A BLUE for the second time in nearly 200 hours playtime!
Look for the Host, find him, kill the Red. Think hmm... nothing happening. There must be another one?! Go looking for him and there were 2 more reds! How can there be 3 f*cking invaders? The Host didn't have any summons. I killed the second one too but the Host died to the third. The game keeps on trolling me!

Random observations after the PC Patch:
- game freezes for a second or so every few minutes (not the save stutter which is shorter)
- missing textures, the whole Road of Sacrifices floor textures was missing where the knight and the coal is. It was ok again after using a bonfire.

I'm getting the stutter too, even shows up in my last boss video. i just thought I needed to reboot my pc. Why can't we have nice things?

I admittedly alt+f4ed during an invasion when I was about to die. And a couple times when I forgot I was online. It was my blind playthrough and I always got invaded in areas I don't remember how I got to :(

I was getting FPS drops and stuttering, so I changed my settings to low. The game doesn't look too different on low, and now a steady 60 fps and no stuttering. Kinda annoying how badly optimized this game is, I should be able to run the game on max with 60fps :mad:

Meccs

I'm getting the stutter too, even shows up in my last boss video. i just thought I needed to reboot my pc. Why can't we have nice things?
"It's working as intended by the developers and is not "stuttering" as some have theorized. It just works differently than in the past!"

/s

jonjonaug

Soul level 1 run cleared.

13 hours in-game time. About 4 hours of that was just the final boss, I died easily upward of 100+ times against it. Other than that what gave me the most trouble was the gauntlet run in the Cathedral of the Deep (chapel bonfire to first shortcut back to it), the Dancer (about 20-30 deaths), Aldrich (at least a dozen or so deaths),
Dragonslayer Armor
(something like 10-15 deaths), the Princes (at least 25 deaths), and the gauntlet leading up to the Princes.

Equipment was a raw broadsword, pyromancy flame (for the fire enchant), light crossbow (only equipped when necessary), knight set (occasionally swapping out the legs when not using Havel's ring or when crossbow was equipped), and grass crest shield. Rings were Chloranthy Ring, Lloyd's Shield Ring, Lloyd's Sword Ring, and swapping between Havel's ring and a stoneplate ring as necessary for extra damage absorption against bosses so I could take at least one hit without dying. I think this is the first time in Dark Souls that I've ever used a crossbow, and the light crossbow was super invaluable during this run.

Anyway, it was really fun. First form of the final boss nearly made me give up though (the second half of the fight is much easier on SL1 than the first half). I highly recommend attempting it yourself if you're up for a decent challenge.

jonjonaug

Ya that patch makes my game stutter once a minute or so. For half a second or so. That never happened before.

Same thing was happening to me too while I was fighting SoC on my SL1 playthrough (partially why I died so many times), did a patch just go up?

Jingo

Oh , i think i started the game without selecting the burial gift, is it really important? Should i start over?

jonjonaug

Also while I was playing with the new patch I got summoned into the Crucifixion Woods as a Watchdog DURING the LoC boss fight (right after it started), which isn't really supposed to happen. Afterward when I returned to my world, I was outside the fog gate but the music was still playing. Not sure if that existed previously or not.

Top Bottom