• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

onionfrog

I've beaten Pontiff on my SL1 run. Damn that felt good, especially since I nailed a couple of parries in the first phase. Here is the video of the fight if someone's interested.
Well done! That fight is a pain in the ass at SL1.

I don't think so. If you're 110-130 everywhere is good since NG & NG+ aren't separate. I think A
ldrich
is good for around 60 and L
othric
is good if you're in the 80s.
Thanks. Any idea when I should stop leveling if I want to continue to help NG players with Abyss Watchers?

Maybe around SL35 or so? (W/ +3 weapon)

I've beaten Pontiff on my SL1 run. Damn that felt good, especially since I nailed a couple of parries in the first phase. Here is the video of the fight if someone's interested.

Dancer Phase 2 is still a work in progress though :(

I hate you. With my everything I hate you!😠

I got summoned as a darkmoon finally and ended up getting mound maker item instead. awesome
Did you kill the mound-maker instead? That's the only thing I can think of.

LiK

Who said heavy builds werent viable in PVP? My heavy Eygon of Carim build is absolutely wrecking people. lol No one knows how to deal with a player that actually uses a shield hahah

his gear is beastly from the stats. i assume it's pretty good in PVP?

Jesus fucking christ the NK fight is ridiculous. I don't think I've lasted longer than 2 minutes against him. A couple of his attacks kill me in 1 hit.

Manu

Done with miracles, sorceries, pyromancies and gestures.

Now I just need rings and the last ending and that Plat will be mine. AND THEN I'LL BE FREE.

Until a couple of weeks before DLC hits of course, when I'll make a new character.

Done with miracles, sorceries, pyromancies and gestures.

Now I just need rings and the last ending and that Plat will be mine. AND THEN I'LL BE FREE.

Until a couple of weeks before DLC hits of course, when I'll make a new character.

You on PS4? I can save you some time and give you my rings. I think you can get it as long as you have a +1 and +2 ring already.

Manu

cool cool. meet me in anor londo? set the password as ds3gaf all lowercase. and I will put my red summon sign down. give me a min to back up my save.

I'm not there yet in NG++. I'm only up to the Watchers (haven't fought them yet), I can meet you anywhere from High Wall to the Cathedral.

I'm not there yet in NG++. I'm only up to the Watchers (haven't fought them yet), I can meet you anywhere from High Wall to the Cathedral.

We can just do Cleansing Chapel? Since I think the high walls of lothric are pvp heavy zones... my red summon sign will be by the entrance. give me a min. will edit when its down.

As long as you have a +1 ring, you should be able to get all my +1 ring. same thing for +2 rings.

Edit: yo my sign is down near the front entrance. Should be red.

his gear is beastly from the stats. i assume it's pretty good in PVP?

Yup. I fat roll but the high stability shield and smart play makes beating people just as easy as light roll IMO. If I can bait someone into a trade with the hammer I take WAY less damage because his armor is so good. I needed to go into NG++ to get the FAP and Havels to be able to just fat roll with all the armor and weapon/shield but its worth it. Steel Protection +2 is a 4% increase from the NG version as well. Chloranthy+2 isnt really needed if you play patiently, but I like to play aggressively so it helps me.

This is my set up.

FAP +2
Steel Protection +2
Cloranthy +2
Havels +2

Lvl 125: Warrior Starting class
Vig: 35
Att: 6
End: 28
Vit: 37
Str: 50
Dex: 9
Int: 8
Fth: 30
Luck: 11

Manu

Edit: yo my sign is down near the front entrance. Should be red.

Thanks so much!

Looks like I still need the +3 ring though. But that takes care of the heavy lifting. Thanks again!

EDIT: Actually looks like I'm missing about 10 of them. Huh. Weird.

tariniel

I was ember'd and doing PvP in the Undead Settlement earlier to try and help Darkmoon Bros, when some guy invaded, I parried and riposted him... it did 550 damage and he died. He had full health. I was SL 125 with +10 weapons so he couldn't have been far from that right? Or can I fight way lower SL players as a host of embers somehow...? Or maybe his build only had 550 health which seems strange.

Also if anyone would like to help me cheese farm 29 vertebra shackles that would be amazing. I'm on PC.

Manu

What? I didnt drop those? Youre more than welcome to summon me again. In the same area.

K. Going there again now.

Just got rid of any duplicates just to be sure and I'm at 97 rings. Looks like some of them disappeared because I didn't pick em fast enough or something.

K. Going there again now.

Just got rid of any duplicates just to be sure and I'm at 97 rings. Looks like some of them disappeared because I didn't pick em fast enough or something.

huh didnt know items could disappear. Regardless I can drop the remaining rings I have. If you figure out what rings are missing I can just download my save and give it to you. Just let me know.

edit: I dropped all the rings I had, this is the same character i got the platinum on as well.

Tarkus

I just parried a 2-handed Great Mace Dragonslayer Greataxe. Add that to the small list of large weapons that can be parried 2-handed.

Manu

huh didnt know items could disappear. Regardless I can drop the remaining rings I have. If you figure out what rings are missing I can just download my save and give it to you. Just me know.

Yeah, this didn't work.

K, gimme like 5 min to make a list.

EDIT: Let's just do all +1 and +2 again to be sure. And the +3 of course.

Manu

Okay, send me a PM with the missing rings once you figure it out :p

13173916_10209614538710214_1410592982139014792_n.jpg

You're the man. Thanks again.

I just parried a 2-handed Great Mace Dragonslayer Greataxe. Add that to the small list of large weapons that can be parried 2-handed.

Any 2 handed greatweapons that have a vertical swing motion can be parried(FUGS, DSGA). Weapons that have horizonatal swings cant be parried while they are 2 handed(Astora Greatsword, Zweihander)

Tarkus

Any 2 handed greatweapons that have a vertical swing motion can be parried(FUGS, DSGA). Weapons that have horizonatal swings cant be parried while they are 2 handed(Astora Greatsword, Zweihander)
I've tried and tried to parry Yhorm's Great Machete. No dice. It has a 2-handed vertical attack. There's got to be more to it than that.

I just timed it perfectly twice. It doesn't seem to be parryable, even with vertical attacks.

I've tried and tried to parry Yhorm's Great Machete. No dice. It has a 2-handed vertical attack. There's got to be more to it than that.

I actually dont know about that weapon. Too afraid to try because of the ridiculous damage if you miss. I dont see why it wouldnt be consistent across the board however. Especially since it and DSGA have basically the same motion.

kagamin

I actually dont know about that weapon. Too afraid to try because of the ridiculous damage if you miss. I dont see why it wouldnt be consistent across the board however. Especially since it and DSGA have basically the same motion.

You could always get someone to help you test it. :p

zma1013

Anyone been getting an odd second long freeze occassionally now? It wasn't happening before and I'm not sure what changed.

Jamesways

Alright, second character playthrough done tonight. Did a Faith/Luck build with Anri's SS. What a monster that is. Add Sacred Oath and Carthus Rouge or lightning blade and bosses dropped really quick. Ended up sunbroing so many bosses with people, well over 100 embers and medals.

It's amazing how fast and efficient you get the second time through.

One vent tonight though, although this playthrough was fun being embered most of the time, and there were some very entertaining/silly PVP/Co-Op moments, if you're an invader and I don't have a any summons with me, don't be an a-hole. If I stop, acknowledge the duel and bow, don't take that as an opportunity to start hacking away, stun locking and killing me in 3 hits. Had that happen a few times in the past few days.
Couple that with a msg to me that reads "I fkn rekt you noob" when I don't even get a chance to raise my weapon? Yeah, you're the reason people don't like invasions. I know, "There's no honor in PVP and the real Dark Souls starts here bro" and all that, and poor you for not having as much estus, but come on...

kagamin

Yeah too bad it's fucking attacks take up the whole arena and the camera goes nuts. Worst boss so far because of it.

Dancer is like the worst boss to lock on to, its just better to go manual camera on it. I don't wanna give too much advice and spoil it for you though. :p

So which covenants are actually quick to do online and which should just be farmed from enemies?

I know Silver Knights for Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon but how about the others?

kagamin

So which covenants are actually quick to do online and which should just be farmed from enemies?

I know Silver Knights for Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon but how about the others?

Faithfuls get really fast co-op, don't bother farming for human dregs from enemies.

Strampas

Neo Member
Finally beat the game. It took a while and I felt a little stressed about it when I heard someone beat it in 30 hours. But there's a lot of stuff to do. And as always there were so many cryptic thing, but now that I've beaten it I'm going to start look them up.

How many different weapons that you guy use? I like only used the Uchigatana the whole game because I didn't know what else to use, and I barley used the special attack. Always holding my shield, and used the little fp I had on miracles. Maybe I should have spent some points on attunement.

Also, how does bleed work? Because the Uchigatana has bleed effect on it, but when does that kick in? And it seemed I wouldn't gain anything from infusing the weapon with more bleeding, so I went with a sharp gem.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Welp, I guess i wont be playing much till the fix the stutter. Things a death sentence in higher NG+

Kevtones

Beat it. Apparently missed a lot of optional areas. I don't care about platinums and I plan to play through it twice; worth just restarting?

Nerokis

I'm having a tough time keeping the summonable NPCs alive during the
Twin Princes
fight. Do they even have to survive for you to get their gear later? I'm really hoping the answer is no, because it's feeling like it'll take a significant amount of luck to make that happen.

Edit: Nevermind. I remembered a certain ring, and that made things much easier.

Top Bottom