• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III TRC Patch Notes (inc. PS4 Pro patch)

Jombie

Happy about the great / ultra greatsword buff - my black knight ultra will be glad to hear about it. Also excited for the buff to sharp and heavy infusions.

Joey Ravn

Banned
*IF* they managed to get 60 FPS on PS4 Pro, then I'll rush to buy it and play it again after clocking almost 100 hours on the PC version.

Highly doubt it, though :/

Zyrox

Nice, UGS buffs. Love me my heavy weapons.
Friede's Scythe got a little buff as well but Frost probably still sucks so that isn't significant but eh, I'll take what I can get. Weapon is too cool to not use it once in a while.

Ikon

Nice, was totally unaware this would be out so soon!

Guess I know what to play when I feel like I'm done with GTAV.

Ferr986

Just wished there were more fixes for spell classes. Only Faith got something and it wasn't much (tbh it's the one who needed the most).

Oh, I took a break from Dark Souls 3 to finish up Dark Souls 2 on PS4. Now I need to wait some more till PS4 Pro gets a discount, don't want to play an inferior game. That 60 FPS in Dark Souls 2 is so good.

Unlocked frame rate... not like this

I mean, if it hit 60 regularly it would fix the frame pacing issues, but I don't see that happening. 😞

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
glad to hear they are increasing the framerate. sound like it won't be a locked 60fps though. i bought the game on PS4 and had to stop playing because of how bad it was. got it on PC. playing these games at 60fps is like a whole new experience.

What kind of minimum cpu was required to run this game at 60 on PC?

i don't know about 60fps but the official minimum specs say:

"AMD® A8 3870 3,6 Ghz or Intel® Core ™ i3 2100 3.1Ghz"

recommended:

"AMD® FX 8150 3.6 GHz or Intel® Core™ i7 2600 3.4 GHz"

i'd assume if you have a quad core i5 from the last few gens you should manage 60fps. i3 seems to be 30fps. i5-i7 for 60fps.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Durante said:
Baffling? Really? They are patching the game for which they still want to sell you DLC.
That's an excuse for From - but Sony could still do something about BB, I mean they went back to Knack and Infamous which have both ran their course in terms of active-monetization some time ago.
Then again maybe we'll get E3 BB2 + BB@4k announcement <iwanttobelieve.gif>

That's an excuse for From - but Sony could still do something about BB, I mean they went back to Knack and Infamous which have both ran their course in terms of active-monetization some time ago.
Then again maybe we'll get E3 BB2 + BB@4k announcement <iwanttobelieve.gif>

<Female-Ryder-Smirking.gif>

Spacejaws

interested as to whats happened to ma lightning stake.

Also trying to understand the notes on poison, does it apply to poison weapons? I've found the weapons to be quite useless. The buildup seems to happen way too slow and requires you to constantly attack, to the point where once it's poisoned the enemy probably has a small amount of health left anyway :/. Never been able to poison in PVP.

Bulby

They got Dark Souls 2 to 60fps, mostly, and I dont see much difference between the enemy behaviour and physics in 2 compared to 3.

(I know it will never be 60fps)

Finaika

Increased rate at which bleeding builds up when using a reduced bleeding build-up.
Decreased rate at which bleeding builds up before using a reduced bleeding build-up.
Increased rate at which poison builds up when using a reduced poison build-up.

What exactly does this mean?

Bleed/poison got buffed or...?

I bought last year Dark Souls 3 without any expansions. Will buyingthe Season Pass now cover both DLCs? Feel like out of the loop as I havent even played yet.

Nice to read about improvements and fixes being done.

Ferr986

storafötter;232478968 said:
I bought last year Dark Souls 3 without any expansions. Will buyingthe Season Pass now cover both DLCs? Feel like out of the loop as I havent even played yet.

Nice to read about improvements and fixes being done.

Yes, Season Pass includes both DLCs.

Slaythe

Just so you don't get your hopes up too much :

The patch was indeed 45 Fps + .

That was a quite few months ago so they might have improved it.

If FROM doesn't give us a high resolution option I will be so disappointed. After playing Nioh in glorious 4K I really am disturbed to see my favorite company so wantonly behind he times.

Audioboxer

I haven't played any of the DLC. This will be a good time to buy it all and finally platinum the game too. Looks like no more ez mode bleed build either :p

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Extended time when using the miracles of Gnaw, Dorhys' Gnawing and Wrath of the Gods.

I'm not sure how to interpret this: are they increasing the casting time for these miracles (which in the case of WotG would be absolutely silly) or extending their duration?

Lots of nice fixes/changes otherwise. I'm playing through the game right now as a Cathedral Knight using a Heavy-infused Astora Greatsword, so the heavy armor, UGS, and scaling changes are most welcome. Bring on Friday!

LordOfChaos

Increased frame rate for gameplay on PlayStation®4 Pro.

So, frame pacing check asap plox?

If they uncapped the framerate and let it run 45-60 or whatever it may already have fixed itself, as I recall their framerate limiter was the issue on PC and frame pacing didn't show itself when uncapped.

I think Bloodborne did get a late patch the last time they improved the engine for DS3, but that was also around the launch of the Old Hunters, but here's hoping.

Rien

Jelly Belly
Noob question.

If they can fix the framerate and pacing for the ps4 is it possible to use the same fix for Bloodborne?
I dont need higher res.. i just want a stable game... and i am playing on pro with 4k screen.

Edit; just hoping BB get some love from FROM and fix that shit. Both for OG en the Pro

convo

Whenever higher framerate is listed for a Pro patch someone should rename it to more stable framerate to be more accurate. Some people are going to get their hopes up for BB.

UrbanRats

Yes, of course I can. And I did. But I would like to replay the game on PS4. It's not that weird of a concept...

It is though, i don't see what new experience you'd get out of it.
Unless you have the PS4 hooked to a better TV or something? I just don't see what's the difference.
Genuine question.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Whelp. Let's see what the performance upgrade is. Haven't played DS3 yet but if the patch is good high frame rate, I'll bite.

takriel

Soon I can finally play this game again. Was looking forward to playing through it again when both DLC's released.

Top Bottom