• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls - Oct 11th, 2011 [Trailer/Screenshots/Previews/$59.99 Collector's Edition]

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqaysjKcw-g

Preview:

Geek said:
SELF PROMOTION

I got to see the game being played on Monday: http://kotaku.com/5800064

Some highlights:
- Details on Sen's Castle, an environment that's full of spike traps, treasure chest mimics, those rolling boulders you've probably seen
- Snakemen are your primary foe in Sen's Castle - have some Royal Lotus handy
- Looks like you can upgrade armor this time as well as weapons
- Some weapons can cast spells - there was a sword with a fireball attack, for example
- Is fucking awesome

If you have any questions about what I saw, let me know. I'll try to answer.
Geek said:
Lain said:
How awesome is awesome?

Being able to upgrade armor as well as weapons sounds cool.
Like an awesome version of awesome. Environments looked great, a logical extension of Demon's Souls and a wilder expansion on that game's art style.

RavenFox said:
Character customization. Did you get to do this? if you did can we change skin shade?
Female characters still in? How were th combos pertaining to your weapon style?
Thanks.
I didn't get to see character customization, but I did get them to peel off a helmet to see the player's face. It wasn't hideous! You could change skin tone in Demon's Souls, so I assume they'll continue that.

Female characters still in. They talked about a witch class, but didn't show it. Combos looked lifted from Demon's Souls. I saw a pair of large swords being used with what appeared to be recycled animation.
Chaos said:
j0ihq.jpg
BeeDog said:

Collector's Edition:

£39.99 / $59.99

http://www.game.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Limited-Edition/~r354906/?s=dark+souls
http://www.game.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Limited-Edition/~r354907/?s=dark+souls

Captain Pants said:
They just posted some new screens on Facebook.
PSZJq.png

7js3Q.png

T3LzO.png

ZiafA.png

03205.png

Hanmik said:

:D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So much awesome happened in a single minute... I need to rewatch this a couple of thousand times. Also, I await gifs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They look to be improving Demon's Souls in every possible way. I've always said "Give me DS with better graphics as a sequel and I'll shut up". This looks so much better than DS... just, wow.

Looks a little annoying, honestly.
Some of those situations looked ridiculous. How the hell are you supposed to dodge the iron ball on that narrow walkway? lol

Whatever, I'm still there day 1 with some weed for the stress.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
badcrumble said:
What's with all the footage of the character dying?

I guess people keep asking for trailers with an accurate representation of the gameplay experience.

smh at the people who dared call Demon's Souls/Dark Souls generic. Not enough anime hair I am guessing.

This is like the perfect gothic theme.

Now I know which game I will be playing during christmas instead of Mass Effect 3. Hopefully they will release a good collectors edition. The guide with Demon's Souls did come in handy after all.

Ploid 3.0

The best part of Demon's Souls is knowing that you can die at any moment if you aren't on your toes. Unforgiving, dangerous, not cheap, makes you feel awesome when you overcome.

Video games don't have much of that anymore. The feeling you accomplished something of worth. Bonus points for it not being a fps. DS

Yoshichan

Revolutionary said:
Looks a little annoying, honestly.
Some of those situations looked ridiculous. How the hell are you supposed to dodge the iron ball on that narrow walkway? lol
The ball had too much momentum, so my guess is that you do have time to bait the iron ball.

Pollux

I want to buy this but supposedly it's harder than Demon's Souls, I couldn't get past the first boss, the spear thrower, because I had no clue where to go. Game was fun as hell just killing things though..

Am i the only one that thought Demon's souls was hard as fuck?

Yoshichan

zmoney said:
Am i the only one that thought Demon's souls was hard as fuck?
Hahahah, what...

There are only 3 games so far I'll be saying this for this year: DAY 1.

1138 said:
Now I know which game I will be playing during christmas instead of Mass Effect 3. Hopefully they will release a good collectors edition. The guide with Demon's Souls did come in handy after all.

Also, this.

Top Bottom