• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls PC trailer [Matchmaking, new bosses, enemies, NPCs, weapons, armor, areas]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any Japanese gaming companies that truly "get" PC gaming? Creative Assembly and Eidos are part of the European divisions of their respective companies (Sega and Squeenix), so I'm not sure they count.

Capcom may be a bunch of dicks business-wise, but that engine they use for their games is damn magnificent for PC gaming.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201204/18013184.html

――PC版は、PS3版、Xbox 360版を忠実に移植しつつ追加要素を加えたものになるのですよね?
宮崎英高氏(以下、宮崎) はい。基本的には忠実な移植になります。解像度に変更はありませんし、フレームレートが60になるということもありませ ん。

Originally Posted by Quick Google Translate:

- The PC version, I'll be something I added additional elements while faithfully ported version of the 360 ​​version PS3, Xbox?
Goh British Miyazaki (hereinafter, Miyazaki) Yes. Basically will be faithful to transplantation. Nor does it change it does not have the resolution, frame rate that becomes 60.
I hope someone with Japanese skills can clear this up.

I hope someone with Japanese skills can clear this up.

video interview

- With regards to how big the new areas are, he mentions in the Japanese interview that if you consider each "are" as a place where you enter into a new sort of setting or situation and the game displays an area name on screen, there will be 3 of these areas being added. One of these areas in particular is something he had in mind which is based on the past history of Darkroot Garden. The actual design of the area is brand new though, and not a rehash.

I like his definition of areas. That's about all I've liked today. Here's hoping at least one of them is the size of The Painted World.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
- Miyazaki says that the base game is intended to be a straight port with no change in resolution and he specifically says not to expect 60 fps. This is probably his most controversial statement, because it does seem to suggest that it will run at a locked resolution and framerate. Until he clarifies further, I do feel that is the intended message to manage expectations.

Is it possible that, when being asked about resolution, that they're somehow both (or just him) talking about TEXTURE RESOLUTION as opposed to rendering resolution? Like, all the assets are made with 720p in mind, and they're not going to change that.

I can understand them not upgrading the texture resolutions, but the display resolution has to be an option. It just has to. Resolution is pretty much just a variable that has to be set when rendering the thing.

FPS, on the other hand, is a little tricky. If your engine counts frames for some reason (on frame 300 he was here, on frame 301 he was over there), changing that is a pain in the ass. But resolution?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wouldn't the PC mod community just be able to force the game to run at 1080p anyway?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wouldn't the PC mod community just be able to force the game to run at 1080p anyway?

I'd guess so. If the resolution is fixed, as people are understanding from these interviews, you'd just have to hack the .EXE and change the resolution to whatever you want. There won't be a menu to change resolutions, but you could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom