• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

I think I used his tool to change the Mass Effect 3 FOV, which was available like a day or 2 after launch. Good to hear he's working on it. Though I guess that was UE3, which I'm sure is super well documented and well understood at this point.

QaaQer

There are stress scares. Realising that anything can cost you twenty minutes of progress and then having something happen can scare some people. The game doesn't really have any jump scares or dark caves or anything, though.

yeah, quick saves destroy tension which is what makes DS so good. I cannot believe that some people complain that DS doesn't have quick saves.

S0N0S

jcgij43n.jpg

In-game picture at 1080p.

pa22word

why can they already play it?_?

Because GFWL is a worthless form of DRM, especially when it comes to zero day piracy protection.

I remember when Dead Rising 2 Off The Record launched on PC and people who actually bought the game didn't get to play it till like 10 PM at night because Microsoft forgot to unlock the game...while pirates had access to leaked copies 3 days before the game even launched.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy mother of God at those pictures :lol let's just hope the mod-community will solve the graphical issues of this port.

pa22word

Is there even a way to set a custom resolution (with black bars of course) on an LCD screen to match 1024x720 without the thing damaging itself >.>?

yeah, good thing the game features actual movement. wait till some video is uploaded before the 'omg, worst visuals evah! makes Half Life look like Avatar!' comments.

In my experience upscaling looks worse in motion, especially if the game utilizes any filters. Such as FXAA...

*looks at Silent Hill Downpour upscaled to 1920x1080....*

X_X

*pukes*

KingKong

yeah, good thing the game features actual movement. wait till some video is uploaded before the 'omg, worst visuals evah! makes Half Life look like Avatar!' comments.

are you serious? it looks like garbage. It's one thing to white knight it when it was just "internal framebuffer" but these are actual screenshots that are a blurry mess.

even the writing isnt clear, this is a complete joke

Durante

Not if it's hardcoded. Modders can only do as much as developers allow them
It's really hard (no pun intended) to hardcode something so hard that it's unchangeable on PC. It's all a matter of increasing/decreasing the effort required.

That's actually the guy I got stuck at on my Xbox character, and the reason I decided to wait for this port so I could re-roll.

Gaping's, like, the easiest boss in the game outside the tutorial and Pinwheel. His attacks are all telegraphed a year in advance and all you need to do is stay behind him and don't get caught up in his legs.

Forkball

Good god it took me like 10 minutes to finally sign into my stupid GFWL account on their website. I had to reset my password for some reason, and then they said my phone number wasn't valid in my region. WELL HOW DO PEOPLE CALL ME MICROSOFT? HOW DO PEOPLE CALL ME?

pa22word

Can someone post a native-resolution screenshot? I'm curious how it looks if it isn't scaled.

There's no such thing as a 1024x720 monitor dude, so you'll never get it outside of some dude who still happens to be lugging around a CRT or something.

There's no such thing as a 1024x720 monitor dude, so you'll never get it outside of some dude who still happens to be lugging around a CRT or something.

Probably the craziest part about the locked resolution is that they chose a non-standard resolution.

The text really got beat up during the upscaling.

_machine

Holy mother of God at those pictures :lol let's just hope the mod-community will solve the graphical issues of this port.
Indeed.

Just came from a friend's who'd got it running already and had my first try of the game and well the gameplay seems absolutely superb (Never played any Souls game before), but 3 crashes in less than an hour, slightly sluggish performance at times (Even though I'm usually fine with 30fps it just felt sluggish at times and some framerate dips apparently) with a 560ti and first time ever did I get motion sickness from a game (Playing it from a bit of a distance would probably help, but it's not an option currently).

So yeah, I'd probably love the game, but no way I'm buying it before From fixes their shit. It's simply unacceptably bad, no matter how amazing the game itself is.

Top Bottom