• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Darksiders 2: Definitive Edition listed on Amazon.com (and more from Nordic Games)

Tizoc

Jun 23, 2010
Oman
Can we expect Darksiders 3 announcement during E3 this year?

For that matter gimme DS1+2 on PS4 and I'll bite, but only just DS2 ain't cuttin' it.

Nov 26, 2006
goldmetalsonic.wordpress.com
So Kay PS4 is real, I saw it on a foreign retailer this morning but assumed it was an error.

Still, FUCK YES to Kay Wii U making it AND at retail! Day 1 if it's good! :D AND it's out EARLIER than in EU/Germany which had it on June 12th IIRC! AND cheaper! Did not expect it at $25! That's cheaper than I think ANY Wii U retail game launched at! Even NSLU was $30 right?

luffeN

Sep 13, 2006
Very nice find, OP! I am probably going to tripple dip on Darksiders II, nice!

Can we expect Darksiders 3 announcement during E3 this year?

For that matter gimme DS1+2 on PS4 and I'll bite, but only just DS2 ain't cuttin' it.
DS3 announcement only if you buy 10 copies of DS2: DE.

Tuck

Feb 23, 2011
Maybe by definitive they mean they cut out all the fluff that people didn't like.

Well I mean, that'd be nice.

matrixman92

Oct 5, 2013
thats...strange.

Is Nordic the one that got Destroy all Humans as well? Make an HD collection happen, please

Corpekata

Banned
Jun 7, 2013
I have extreme doubts about this mainly stemming from an Arcania PS4 version being a good idea to anyone. Game was poorly received on PC where it is most at home and the console editions even worse.

If these do exist given Nordic's track record I would not put much faith in their quality.

TheMoon

Jul 1, 2014
if they don't release the Definitive Edition of DS2 on Wii U I hope they at least patch it to get rid of the screen tearing and add screenshot support...

would be a nice gesture.

HyperZone<3

Sep 27, 2005
Alaska
they also put out an improved edition of Deadfall Adventures that's seemingly still exclusive to the PS3 (digital only).

and good on them for rolling the dice on a point and click console release.

RPGCrazied

Oct 14, 2007
Holy shit. Darksiders on PS4? Well, the 2nd game? I might get it if the first game comes also. The games really didn't run all that hot on PS3.

Banjo-Kazooie

Sep 6, 2013
YES YES YES YES OMG. I would TOTALLY buy Darksiders 2 again. It got some hate, but I LOVED IT and got the full 1000/1000 on 360. The DLC was pretty lame, but meh

Nov 26, 2006
goldmetalsonic.wordpress.com
if they don't release the Definitive Edition of DS2 on Wii U I hope they at least patch it to get rid of the screen tearing and add screenshot support...

would be a nice gesture.
Yeah I wonder who's doing the port since not only is Vigil lost to the stars, but Nordic IS very good at their homework and will round up ex-devs. See MX vs ATV where they REFORMED Rainbow.

Also it's been found that Unit 4 Games, who's involved with Legend of Kay HD is headed by one of the founders of Keen and Neon who created the game a decade ago on PS2.

So this signals that they reformed Vigil to some extent, and HOPEFULLY can fix up the Wii U version in the process. They did republish the game with their name on it in NA, have a look!

Also, doesn't the Wii U version have like all but one piece of DLC?

W.S.

May 14, 2014
I would check it out if it had both Darksiders games, just releasing 2 is kind of weird.