• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 2 new info! [one month away from release]

Elginer

jJtoiF34ZHTCi.gif

So many new features!!

Nimajneb

I didn't much care for the first game, but this is looking pretty promising. Maybe the RPG aspects will make grinding through endless hoards of enemies more bearable.

Erasus

This looks amazing. I picked up the first for 7 Euros and LOVED it last year. I would pre-order but my backlog is huge! D:

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Is that last screenshot an example of what the player character can look like when leveled up enough? If so i may just have to pick this up ... that's some progression right there!!

Xater

Yep that sunds like a great sequel all around. New Game+ is for me the best addition besides the loot mechanic. This game will be tons of fun!

ironcreed

Banned
The first one was great and you could really see the potential with what they were doing. They have most definitely stepped up to the plate and built on that more than solid foundation from the look of things. It's like like a Legacy of of Kain/Zelda-ish design on steroids.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have my pre-order in for over a year now!

SO HYPED, and this news about New Game+ makes it even more awesome.

Same. I've been hyping this and Sleeping Dogs/True Crime for over a year, and I'll have both in less than a month. After how dull 2012 has been in releases for me, I can't wait.

Maybe he meant that you can sell/trade/buy items from merchants in the game, ala RPGs.
Well its confusing trying to reconcile these three things:

OP said:
- NO MULTIPLAYER.
- NO COOP.
- Trading of items between players is in.

Where am I going wrong here? Is everybody on crazy pills?

I'm wondering why and how you would trade with other players in a game that has no multiplayer or co-op. Yeesh :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My game of the year most likely.

Can't wait for Hardcore mode from day 1

I'm wondering why and how you would trade with other players in a game that has no multiplayer or co-op. Yeesh :)
Diablo/SotN item type droping and there are talent trees and set bonuses.

So you can sell your pieces you wouldnt use ever *say you are a mage version of death* and use the money to buy mage type gear from players from the traders

I've had my preorder paid off in full for a whole now. So hyped for this game as it kicks off my fall gaming lineup:

- Darksiders 2
- Borderlands 2
- XCOM Enemy Unkown
- NFS Most Wanted

I'm picking up the 360 version on day one, but I'll double dip on the Steam version when it's on sale down the road.

I also have to say that the engine THQ has been using for Darksiders I, II, and Space Marine is fantastic.

dummydecoy

love the news about no tearing, but how about the framerate?
First one had horrible framerate in the desert section (PS3) :(

KorrZ

From the Vigil dev:

Here are a few snippets of info on the game for you Neogafer's

Tomes - You can share items with friends via these in-game altars.

H

I'm assuming it's like a shared bank kind of thing, where you drop off stuff and people from your friends list can snag them up.

Natiko

Banned
- It is still great mashup of DMC and Zelda, set in fantastic fantasy universe created by legendary comic book artist Joe Madueira.

The important part to me. From the early details about the game it sounded like they were taking the gameplay in a very different direction which was off putting to me. Glad to hear that's not the case and instead they're simply building other systems around this core element.

From the Vigil dev:

I'm assuming it's like a shared bank kind of thing, where you drop off stuff and people from your friends list can snag them up.
Thanks for this. I was about to give up and slam my head into a wall a few dozen times.

Much appreciated :)

desertdroog

My LTTP on Darksiders 1, bought at a retail sale, caused me to be a day 1 player of Darksiders 2.

I love that there is a loot and skill tree system.

dLMN8R

It sounds like trading between players is for Steam and Steamworks Inventory, no? How else would you trade items in a game that doesn't have multiplayer or co-op?

Leaning away from the book of Revelations? Doesn't seem as closesly related with that lore tidbit.(maybe it never was all that related before and I'm just silly)

Shahed

Quite enjoyed the first game. Starting to get hyped for this one!

Loads of improvements that look nice. 25+ hours for main storyline? The last game took 15 on the hardest difficulty for doing everything. And that;s including the weapon level grinding for platinum.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
game looks great. but gaf will find something to complain about it and wait for the 15 dollars price.

Nope they wont :p If things are even remotely close to part one with all the changes to this one. It's probably going to be a ton of gaffers GotY in a way Demon's Souls was for many. Not to say the games are simular, but I mean in the sense that the game will be very video gamey and it's a feeling that is missed often these days.

game looks great. but gaf will find something to complain about it and wait for the 15 dollars price.

Doesn't seem to be abandoning what made the first game fun to chase the Call of Duty crowd, so I think GAF will be pretty good to this game. It's also not an "experience" game, or "cinematic." Maybe the DLC stuff will catch some flack, but that's totes the norms nowadays.

Top Bottom