• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders 3 Reveal trailer

DKHF

Revealed as part of IGN First (Darksiders 3 is their IGN First for May so more stuff about it throughout the month):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-QgJ-EFq7A

Info from IGN's article:

The game is set to be an open-world action-adventure that includes a focus on exploration and environmental puzzles, and will continue the series' staple hack and slash combat with new protagonist, Fury.

It's set around the same time as the events of Darksiders 2, which was released almost five years ago, and will follow Fury's quest to destroy unique physical versions of of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Gunfire Games' development team includes multiple ex-Vigil Games employees who worked on Darksiders and Darksiders 2, including the Game Director, Executive Producer, Technical Director, Lead Environment Artist, and more.

Since the studio's formation in 2014, they've worked on titles including Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition and Chronos, which was one of IGN's nominees for the best VR game of 2016.

Lars Wingefors, Co-Founder and Group CEO at THQ Nordic AB said, ”After countless rumors, a major catalogue acquisition, and even a corporate re-brand, the team at THQ Nordic is thrilled to finally confirm plans for Darksiders III."

Strootman

giphy.gif

DKHF

Can't watch right now but I assume it's ambiguous enough where we don't know if it's pre or post the first game?
From IGN's article "It’s set around the same time as the events of Darksiders 2, which was released almost five years ago, and will follow Fury’s quest to destroy unique physical versions of of the Seven Deadly Sins."

Dranakin

So, is she Conquest/Famine or Pestilence?

EDIT: Fury. I guess it has been awhile since I've played Darksiders on the PS3.

From IGN's article "It’s set around the same time as the events of Darksiders 2, which was released almost five years ago, and will follow Fury’s quest to destroy unique physical versions of of the Seven Deadly Sins."

It shows War still chained up. So at the very least, similar to DS2, prequelish that maybe creeps into what she's doing while he's on Earth.
God dammit

I'll still play it

But god dammit

Corpekata

Banned
So, is she Famine or Pestilence?

Fury. Other we haven't played is Strife. They decided early on making comic book superheroish characters out of Famine and Pestilence would probably be hard, or at least hard to make into non-villanous characters.

Newboi

Wait are all these retreading the same ground! I'll actually be annoyed if this game takes place before DS1's main campaign, just like DS2.

Edit: I'll still buy it though...but I'll be ANNOYED I say...ANNOYED!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Oh shit oh shit oh shit.

Im so excited. Fury looks badass!

Still haven't played the first two.

It's worth tracking them down. The first is absolutely fantastic, the second is OK, marred by some unneeded bloat. I haven't heard good things about the PS4/X1 ports though. It might be worth tracking them down on the 360.

Shirke

Based on having Fury as the Darksiders 3 lead, looks like we have a different Horseman for each game. So if they ever get to a Darksiders 4, they'll probably have Strife as the lead. Which is cool, since I like his design the most. Hope they can still keep the hack and slash combat with him even though he uses dual pistols. Either give him a new melee weapon or just have him hit people with his guns.

latest

I loved both Darksiders 1 and 2, but i can't help but feel kinda mehhh about this trailer.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that i'm a graphicswhore and it kinda looks like a PS3-game?

But still, bring it on i guess. I loved the gameplay of the first two.

Dranakin

Fury. Other we haven't played is Strife. They decided early on making comic book superheroish characters out of Famine and Pestilence would probably be hard, or at least hard to make into non-villanous characters.

Oh, I didn't realize that. I was wondering why it said Fury during the trailer.

Zukkoyaki

Hell yes! Instantly one of my most anticipated games!

Good stuff, THQ Nordic. This is a pretty significant test for them, it will probably determine the handling and the scale of their releases going forward. Easily the biggest game they've announced as a publisher.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Same.

Both sitting in my backlog. I look forward to them.

Warmastered is in a pretty good place right now, there's supposedly a big patch for Deathinitive coming up that'll fix its issues.

That said some still have major issues with Warmastered, but my rig isn't the best and it's a much better way of playing the game than the original release :).

LiK

It's worth tracking them down. The first is absolutely fantastic, the second is OK, marred by some unneeded bloat. I haven't heard good things about the PS4/X1 ports though. It might be worth tracking them down on the 360.

That's the sad thing, I own them already from previous sales, lol

So yeah, supports the theory from the other thread where they're gonna try and get each of the riders to have their own games parallel to each other before a big finale.

Honestly? I can kinda dig it, it creates an interesting thematic relationship between the games, and evidently 'everything is going to hell' is giving the devs enough leeway to mess around.

Top Bottom