• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders mystery code - redeem it to get Red Faction Guerilla for $5

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://community.darksiders.com/

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:

* A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!
* A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.
o Click here to receive the 360 version.
o Click here to receive the PS3 version.

Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."

This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

360 version: http://store.thq.com/servlet/PromoServlet/promoID.51934000
PS3 version: http://store.thq.com/servlet/PromoServlet/promoID.51933900

If you don't have Darksiders, Gamestop.com has the game for $39.99, use coupon code FEB10OFF & SAVER to get free shipping and knock the price down to $36. Only problem is it might be too late once you receive the game since it's a limited time, not sure if it's limited quantities.

Edit: Sounds like it was only for certain first run copies so I guess ordering a new copy now would be taking a risk

Rimshot

What is this mystery code? I have the game but I have not heard of anything like that :s

Edit: Oh only US residents, might explain why it was not included in my copy hehe.

Kind of cool!

But I wanted UFC 2009! J/K Can't complain!

Good think I didn't get Red Faction G. I was going to because I saw it on sale for $20, but this is much better!

Lan_97

The code was only included in a certain number of the first run of the game. So even preordering did not guarantee you a code.

Hugbot

Rimshot said:
What is this mystery code? I have the game but I have not heard of anything like that :s

Edit: Oh only US residents, might explain why it was not included in my copy hehe.
I'm in the US and it wasn't in mine either, as far as I know.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lan_97 said:
The code was only included in a certain number of the first run of the game. So even preordering did not guarantee you a code.

I thought it was all copies...oh well, I guess ordering it now wouldn't work then

Damn it, I just bought RF:G from NewEgg.com yesterday for $17.99! I'll have too look into returning it now...

Awesome promo though!

Edit: Ugh... looks like RF:G is non-refundable on newegg.com since they're clearing out their stock. Guess I'll give to a buddy.

Alphahawk

There's a certain irony as to how this promo was probably meant to promote buying new games, but will undoubtibly end with Gamestop recieving many more used copies of RFG than before..

Still cool idea though...

bdouble

Yeah I had one but can't find it. Put my name in the hat for "if you don't want it or have the game I can paypal ya a bit for the code"

it's pretty awesome that I traded in Red Faction G for $20 and that money went towards Darksiders, now I'm getting it again for $5.

goldenpp72

If anyone has a code for 360 they would spare, well that would be awesome :)

Kinda makes me want to buy darksiders now, but I guess they don't do this promo for newer copies. Hm

forrest

formerly nacire
Man, this is a cool deal and all, but I can't helped but feel a bit miffed as I didn't get a code even after pre-ordering the game and getting numerous friends to purchase a copy. Oh well. :(

*edit - If anyone has a code they do not want, I would love to have it, thanks. :D

Carnby

this is great! im so glad i bought this game on a whim. i finally opened my copy this week and found a code inside. ive always wanted to buy Red Faction too! :D

edit: when i bought my copy of Darksiders, i noticed my copy was re-shrink wrapped. it's pretty obvious when a game is. but i wonder if the codes were inserted as an afterthought, and thats why the amount of codes given out were limited. as they can not re-open, insert, and re-shirnk wrap every copy before they hit the shelves. ...just a thought.

Ramirez

I have a code, but it's telling me it's invalid when I put it in the promo box, what am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, got it to work.

Carnby

Ramirez said:
I have a code, but it's telling me it's invalid when I put it in the promo box, what am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, got it to work.

did the Hellbook disc appear in the cart after you got the code to work? i don't see it when i click on those links.

edit: im at work right now, so i can't find out for myself.

Ramirez

jaekwon15 said:
did the Hellbook disc appear in the cart after you got the code to work? i don't see it when i click on those links.

edit: im at work right now, so i can't find out for myself.

Hmm, I didn't really read it, I thought it was a book that would be sent with RF? The only thing in my cart was the game, shipping cost, and a download backup which I trashed.

Wrekt

THQ's real payment is watching me fumble with my code for 20 minutes. Thanks for filling my code with 0's and o's with no way to differentiate them! :lol

Carnby

Ramirez said:
Hmm, I didn't really read it, I thought it was a book that would be sent with RF? The only thing in my cart was the game, shipping cost, and a download backup which I trashed.

you are probably right. im sure it will be sent with the game.

fernoca

Yay..worked!
Really cool, thought it was going to be some DLC for the game.

Though I guess the game will come in some sleeve or something, not expecting the actual case or a booklet..but who knows.

Some notes:
  • Tthe digital disc thingie doesn't appear on the order, so who knows...
  • Remember to put the dashes, just putting the numbers/letters will show the code as invalid.

dolemite

The tax put the final price at $38 plus change, still awesome.

Also Gamestop is really retarded and wouldn't let me have an in-store pickup. I guess I'll have to wait for a week or two.

fernoca

dolemite said:
The tax put the final price at $38 plus change, still awesome.

Also Gamestop is really retarded and wouldn't let me have an in-store pickup. I guess I'll have to wait for a week or two.
???
Darksiders I guess?
You read what was posted after the main post....right?
Not all copies have the code, since you wanted to choose in-store pick up, you should have just go to the store and ask for an open copy of the game...or another store or something.

Good luck, though.

Tokubetsu

Fuck off THQ. I have a new copy of DarkSiders right here, pre-ordered from last year and I never got a god damn code.

Diebuster

After fumbling with the code (stupid O's and 0's and -'s), I nabbed a PS3 copy. I was only expecting DLC or something of the sort, so this is a great surprise.

I didn't see anything about the bonus disk though. I'm guessing that just ships with the game?

Ledsen

If anyone wants to donate their 360 code I'd be happy to take it :O Although... I'm in Europe and someone would have to buy the game and then send it to me :(

dolemite

fernoca said:
???
Darksiders I guess?
You read what was posted after the main post....right?
Not all copies have the code, since you wanted to choose in-store pick up, you should have just go to the store and ask for an open copy of the game...or another store or something.

Good luck, though.
I phoned them and the in-store price is still at 60 bux. Oh and I don't care about Red Faction but Darksiders for 38 am awesome:D

JudgeN

Fuck me, I traded in this game to get WKC and left the code in the case :lol

O well I already have Red Faction on PC, but it still stings!

Zzoram

A free (or mega discount) game lottery for buying new games is an interesting way to entice consumers to buy new instead of used.

I wonder if this strategy will catch on with other publishers. If they give away older games that aren't really selling anyways, it doesn't really hurt them but it could reduce used game sales. The $5 probably covers printing, packaging and shipping if the game is out of print.

I can't wait to see what publishers come up with next.

Top Bottom