• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (Wii U/PS4/XBO/PC) info and screenshots

boxshot_dswm_wiiux2sth.png
boxshot_dswm_pc96sf0.png

boxshot_dswm_ps4fbsyg.png
boxshot_dswm_xoneo6swq.png

PR:

Darksiders Warmastered Edition coming to console platforms and PC

War and Ruin will ”take care“ of the whistleblower who sang about it prematurely, and subsequently release on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii U and PC

Vienna, AUSTRIA - July 28, 2016: Today Nordic Games officially announced Darksiders Warmastered Edition coming to PC, PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U.

The release for all platforms is set for October 25th 2016, and it will retail for USD/EUR 19.99, and GBP 14,99, respectively. Darksiders Warmastered Edition is being developed by the experienced developers at KAIKO, who have already been involved with some of Nordic Games’ projects in the past, like the Xbox One Version of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition and Legend of Kay Anniversary (all platforms).

Comparison shots between the original and the Warmastered Edition will be published early next week.

"We had a short-lived epidemic of premature emancipation, causing the affected persons to burp out sensitive info a little sooner than planned,” says Philipp Brock, PR & Marketing Director at Nordic Games, and continues “but after a minor surgery and some medication, we got it all under control.”

Darksiders Warmastered Edition Features:
§ PS4, Xbox One and Wii U versions of Darksiders (Wrath of War)
§ Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
§ 4k support and additional video options for PC
§ Doubled all the texture resolutions
§ Rendering improvements and rework
§ Better shadow rendering quality
§ Post processing effects
§ 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 30 for WiiU)

About Darksiders Warmastered Edition:
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.

Brought before the sacred Charred Council, War is indicted for his crimes and stripped of his powers. Dishonored and facing his own death, War is given the opportunity to return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.

Hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
§ Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and
supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
§ Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly
weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
§ Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the
decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
§ Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons,
unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
§ Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way - from war-weary
angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes

About Nordic Games GmbH
Nordic Games GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nordic Games Group AB, focusing on computer- and video games for PC/MAC/Linux and present/past console platforms. Founded in 2011, the Vienna/Austria based company puts great emphasis on its extensive game catalogue. The core portfolio comprises products and brands which have been acquired from various parties (THQ, Atari, and others), and further acquisitions of IPs and trademarks will follow.
The company will pursue the long-term goal of delivering quality products that live up to expectations of gamers worldwide.
www.nordicgames.at

About KAIKO
KAIKO is a video game development studio founded in 2014 by German industry veteran Peter Thierolf, located in Frankfurt/Main, Germany.

Developing games since the early 90s, including Amiga classics like Apydia and Turrican 3, Peter Thierolf is one of the most experienced game developers in Germany. Before founding KAIKO, Peter was the technical director of the studio Keen Games for nearly ten years.

KAIKO is focused on the development of high quality console games, supporting all common video game platforms.

###

Yes, they did it again LOL!

http://www.nordicgames.at/index.php/product/darksiders_warmastered_edition

Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Brought before the sacred Charred Council, War is indicted for his crimes and stripped of his powers. Dishonored and facing his own death, War is given the opportunity to return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.
Hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.

Features

Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly Weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way - from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
Warmastered Edition Features:
PS4, Xbox One and Wii U versions of Darksiders (Wrath of War)
Native 1080p rendering resolution
Doubled all the texture resolutions
Rendering improvements and rework
Better shadow rendering quality
Post processing effects
60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 30 for WiiU)

DieH@rd

Banned
WARMASTERED! I knew they will have something crazy in the name. :D

edit - chromatic aberration is SOOOOOOOOOOO over the top strong. WHY

Yeah I'm fucking shocked if they got 1080p30 on Wii U, considering DS2 was 720p30. So what if it's not 60fps, that's VERY impressive for Wii U IMO.

Edit: AND better textures from the sound of it also. Mighty big bump from PS360 if this is all true for Wii U. How many Wii U ports do that? Just Need for Speed Most Wanted U? And that's just using most of the PC version's textures while still being 720p30.

I want to play through this again as I loved it until that fucking endgame puzzle.

I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. FUCK.

scitek

The PC version of the original game is janky as fuck, so this is good. Resolution better not be locked down here, but the OG needed a hex key hack to go any higher than 1080p, and controllers don't work with a bluetooth adapter present...and I use bluetooth controllers, sooo...

I'm guessing this is to get some money to fund a third game in the series, hopefully wrapping the story.

I really want a new game where you can play as different characters (or at least War and Death) and give closure to the whole plot.

1080p@30fps puts Wii U version of Darksiders on the same shelf with Zelda remasteres. Not bad.

Secretly hoping for some GamePad features. Darksiders II had some nice ones, like surround sound (akin to Star Fox Zero, but three years earlier and less annoying).

Hyun Sai

I want to play through this again as I loved it until that fucking endgame puzzle.

I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. FUCK.

Black Throne is the best dungeon of the game.

Come at me

--------------------
Wait what they ADDED chromatic aberation ?

EDarkness

Looks good. I'll be picking this up on the Wii U since I have DS2 on the Wii U as well. Hope it turns out good. Played it on the 360 back in the day and it'll be cool to play it again.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Ds1. Surprised there's no bundle and I don't remember the game playing as they describe. Kind of sounds like they implemented things people dislike from ds2 into ds1

What part sounds like that? All the marketing copy there is entirely applicable to the original Darksiders.

WARMASTERED
DEATHINITIVE
PESTILICIOUS
FAMITASTIC
I love you.
What part sounds like that? All the marketing copy there is entirely applicable to the original Darksiders.
Character progression and customizing gameplay. I may be wrong since its been years since I played, but iirc the gameplay was fairly straightforward, I don't remember customizing my character or gameplay in Darksiders 1. I could just be wrong though.

Top Bottom