• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darth Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur IV

keanerie

UPDATEZ:

Trailer here.

Kotaku said:
The recently announced guest appearances of Darth Vader and Yoda in Soulcalibur IV come with a catch—each release will feature a console exclusive Star Wars character, with Darth Vader playable only in the PlayStation 3 version, Yoda playable only in the Xbox 360 version. Yes, you'll be able to enjoy pitting light saber against sword, but you may not be able to actually have a Yoda versus Darth battle unless Namco Bandai and LucasArts decide to make them available via downloadable content.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334

media-1.jpg

Soul Calibur and Star Wars fans gather 'round -- while haters grab a six pack of Haterade and their always-ready flamethrowers -- because Namco Bandai has finally released new info on the rumored secret characters set to appear in their highly-anticipated fighter, Soul Calibur IV, and 1UP has 'em first. In case you don't believe your eyes as they scan over these screenshots, you are indeed seeing the legendary purveyor of the Dark Side, Darth Vader, and his Force-wielding nemesis, Yoda.

media.jpg

Yes, we know what you're thinking. You're thinking "What the hell are Darth Vader and Yoda doing in my Soul Calibur sequel?" But how are these two any less logical (or illogical) than Link or Spawn (we'll let Heihachi slide since he's in Tekken)? You're probably also wondering "Where the damn is Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul and Boba Fett?" Well, Boba Fett doesn't really use melee weapons, unless you count that stick on his back that he never uses. But Luke and Darth maul make a lot of sense. While we can't answer all of these questions just now, we suspect that Namco Bandai still has plenty of stuff up their sleeve. Given their recent Ace Combat 6 shenanigans, we wouldn't be surprised to learn that additional Star Wars characters are paid-for downloadable content. It's unlikely that the company would go through all these negotiations with LucasArts to obtain the rights to only two characters, so expect more announcements as we get closer to SCIV's release date.

media-2.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...yes?

6ufuvmh.jpg

6qe3913.jpg

7xjrtqa.jpg

71q9p2c.jpg

lachesis

Darth Vader's Nemesis being Yoda? WTF? If anything, it should be Obi Wan, not Yoda... but still, very cool!

Upon checking out the screenshots - DV's head way too small, and Yoda's way too tall. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I said "I said..."

Pikmin's in SSBB, star wars characters in Soul Calibur 4, Ron Gilbert's new game comming.
can this day become any better? :D

Belfast

Masters of Teras Kasai done right?

Either way, I can't say I saw this coming. There were probably better and more exciting choices for gamers, but it's one of those things about which you just kind of throw your hands up and say "well, alrighty then."

Top Bottom