• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

Ernest

Banned
I thought you were taking a break ending with the out of your league stunner. What happened with her BTW?
Just taking a break from being online and more pro-active, but still finishing up what's on my plate and still open to the physical world around me. The "out of league stunner" was the girl I took to the concert last night - it was my 2nd date with her. She's the last online girl I went out with after I disabled my profile. The other one I met through a friend - just because I'm taking myself offline doesn't mean I'm taking myself off the market completely. ;)

BTW, meeting someone through the right friend is like a god-mode cheat-code. This one friend surrounds herself with only the most amazing people, so just her vouching for me, and/or for her, beats any online profile you could imagine.

PixelatedBookake

Is texting/snapchatting (somewhat often) before a date frowned upon? I've been told that it wastes potiential convos on the actual date day but I think that if I don't engage in conversation in the days leading up to the date there will be less investment there and I'll get stood up the day of. In the past I avoided this and it resulted in date cancellations the day of. I want to stay in contact but don't want to come off as annoying/needy. Any advice?

Jzero

Is texting/snapchatting (somewhat often) before a date frowned upon? I've been told that it wastes potiential convos on the actual date day but I think that if I don't engage in conversation in the days leading up to the date there will be less investment there and I'll get stood up the day of. In the past I avoided this and it resulted in date cancellations the day of. I want to stay in contact but don't want to come off as annoying/needy. Any advice?

Eh if you can "waste all your potential conversations" before the actual date that relationship is probably doomed from the start? Someone that is right for you will complement your conversation style and both of you will have other stuff to talk about. I've been talking to this girl since September 20th and we're meeting until October 24th. Not engaging in random conversation would be pretty dumb and make her think i'm not interested anymore.

ATF487

You're coming out as needy and insecure as hell

Stop blowing up her phone, she said yes. Like seriously stop texting her until she contacts you on the date day. If she isn't following through, move on

Bit nasty. I am a very light texter so I'm hardly blowing up her phone, but yeah it came off as insecure. I'm the opposite of needy in most cases but unreturned texts from people that I think like me does my head in.

She said she wants to see me again but I'm gonna back off a bit. I've been a bit tetchy recently after getting ghosted a few times, should stop living in my phone and start doing something productive

That third date with the girl I'm really into went very well. Ended up being a 26-hour date and I couldn't get enough of her. We both had plans after that so we had to end it anyways. Otherwise it might have turned into a two night date lol.

I haven't set up any other dates now because I don't want to. I'll give it a few more meet ups before asking to be exclusive, but personally I'm already there. I'm reasonably sure she's not seeing anyone else either.

She told me that she's really into me and feels like she can just be herself around me. I'm heading over to her place tonight and honestly I'm just excited to talk with her more, let alone everything else.

I just gotta hold the course here. Cause everything's soooooooooooo good right now.

Well... She was boring as all hell haha. All that worry for nothing.

I know what you mean dude. I’ve had situations where I’m getting short answers to questions, “I don’t know” answers to very simple questions and when I inquire into their hobbies - “uhhh, I watch Netflix a bunch... that’s it.”

Like, could you be less interesting?

What do you mean by boring?

I’ve shared my examples, but obviously experiences and opinions will vary.

Salamando

Yes - give fewer shits about girls who cancel on you day of.

In the last OT there was an article called "Fuck yes or no". Its central thesis was you should date (and be dated by) people who you are "Fuck Yes" about. Lukewarmedness, "ehhh", and any gray area is then a "no". The lesson being, if you're in that grey area where tiny mistakes throw you into "no" zone, you've already lost. Those women weren't strongly interested in you - more or less texting would not have saved you.

(Nobody should be invested before the first date happens.)

As for texting, less is more.

I hope you've replaced your phone for trying to fuck up your life.

I ended up finding a solution. It was eating things that were sent when it was turned off, so now I just don't turn it off. I put it on silent instead.

twenty six hour date?!?!?! holy moly. gj

It was awesome. And we couldn't keep our hands off of each other.

We also went for a walk at the park that's near where I live, and wandered into the local library and spent some time in there (we both read a LOT - we're already lending each other books).

We also watched a couple of movies together. I have a baby Groot bobblehead that I got as a gift and she asked me what it was and I told her it was Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. She says she's never seen that but she's a sci-fi fan so we gave it a try. She loved it and now wants to see all of the MCU films - she's only seen the Hulk, Spider-man Homecoming, and one of the Iron Man films but she doesn't remember which. So now we plan on going through all of them before we see Thor 3 The Dark World 2.

She's a keeper.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I ended up finding a solution. It was eating things that were sent when it was turned off, so now I just don't turn it off. I put it on silent instead.

It was awesome. And we couldn't keep our hands off of each other.

We also went for a walk at the park that's near where I live, and wandered into the local library and spent some time in there (we both read a LOT - we're already lending each other books).

We also watched a couple of movies together. I have a baby Groot bobblehead that I got as a gift and she asked me what it was and I told her it was Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy. She says she's never seen that but she's a sci-fi fan so we gave it a try. She loved it and now wants to see all of the MCU films - she's only seen the Hulk, Spider-man Homecoming, and one of the Iron Man films but she doesn't remember which. So now we plan on going through all of them before we see Thor 3 The Dark World 2.

She's a keeper.

Someone you like wants to watch the whole MCU with you... can we trade lives?

Ernest

Banned
That happened with my last girlfriend. I'd get a text "I'll be there in an hour", and she'd be at my door just one minute after I got the text.

Nictel

My text problem is that when I'm in the out of the city home and she's in the city sometimes texts can take an hour plus to be delivered. I can't prove it because she's not here to see the delay and if she sends from here they arrive right away because we are on the same network. A batch of 5+ messages will arrive together.

Not that you probably must prove it but depending on the phone OS you can hold on the text to get an info option that shows the received time, which is different from the send time it shows by default.

Jzero

Doesn't enjoy going out. Sleeps early.
fuck, send her my way we can take some bomb depression naps together.

My text problem is that when I'm in the out of the city home and she's in the city sometimes texts can take an hour plus to be delivered. I can't prove it because she's not here to see the delay and if she sends from here they arrive right away because we are on the same network. A batch of 5+ messages will arrive together.
T-Mobile? It's pretty much why I use Snapchat for anything that needs to be received right way

My gf was tired as fuck the other day. We went to bed around 11. She didn't wake up until 1030!

It was cool though. Splatfest was going on.

Splatfest was going on.

Sure was mate, sure was.

Met up with some girls before class today and one of them randomly ask “so how’s your dating life going?” Today. Told them about how I had to let the other girl go on Friday and such, talked about ghosting for a bit, experiences with apps etc etc.

The girls were showing each other matches they made on Tinder and stuff which I guess is what made them ask haha. It was just a fun conversation. They seemed to appreciate it when I mentioned that whilst I didn’t ghost the girl I was meeting, I totally understand why girls or guys would do it if they felt unsafe or whatevs.

No hobbies. No passions. Doesn't like movies (they're too long apparently). Doesn't enjoy going out. Sleeps early.

I couldn't get a straight answer to '' what do you do to enjoy yourself?? ''

Had a date like this earlier in the summer, first time I walked away from a date thinking "holy shit what a boring person".

vypek

What happened to ACB?! He always has some good posts in here. Hope its temporary. Also reminds me that gaia is not back yet either.

Only got banned after posting the nice meme In one of those threads about a female teacher having sex with a student, I learned my lesson after that.

I went like 8 or 9 years without a ban, then got two within a few months. I chilled the fuck out after that.

I have been avoiding politics threads lately because I get too mad lol. The thread gaiages got ban from was a minefield. I also think disagree with a lot of it but did not post. Prob saved myself.

Top Bottom