• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT7| Tough Love

Salamando

Never understood what the big deal over men crying is. Dad was one of those macho Mexican men and he would tell me about how to carry myself like a man but he always said everyone needs to let it out and that it shouldn't be a big deal if a friend cries in front of me.

But I've definitely seen women rag on their boyfriends or their guy friends over crying. Shit is lame as fuck.
The truly horrifying thing is that the stigma likely caused numerous illnesses and addictions. Can't use the body's natural release valve for pain, better numb it with alcohol. And I can't express my issues completely so I'll bottle them up until they become depression.

If a girl gives me shit for crying during the beginning of Up, she's a monster and J don't want to date her anyway.

Hey Gaf, I saw a girl who smiled at me today when I was getting lunch. I'm pretty sure this means she's super into me, so I took a pic of her secretly and used the Facebook auto-tag algorithm to find out who she was, I then checked the phone number tied to the account and used it to track and triangulate her position to record her location and schedule. Now I'm planning on meeting her at her house tomorrow night with a bouquet of roses and a collection of sonnets to swoon this fair maiden. Thoughts?

/s, this is a prediction for a post (or similar) we'll eventually see in this thread though.

Neoweee

That moment when you realise this is the 7th dating-age thread you've posted in...

😢

Hey, no reason to feel bad. Look at your earlier posts and realize how far you've come, and how much more full your dating life, and life in general, is.

Dating is (or should be) fun and leads to growth as a person.

Every time there's a new Dating-Age OT I post and say this time I'm going to post more in here and really be a part of this community because y'all are awesome. Then I get sidetracked and don't.

But seriously. This time I'm gonna post more in here.

It's rough as fuck. I remember crying once when some friends were present (everyone was fairly emotional or nearly crying, rough time) and one girl looked shocked that I was so upset and stopped talking to me. Some people are just weird.

Edit: haha I remember that dog story lookatmego, it's great that he is still so stoked to see you.
Smh, I guess it's better that happened so you wouldn't waste too much time (hopefully) with a girl who responds to you like that in an emotional moment.
The truly horrifying thing is that the stigma likely caused numerous illnesses and addictions. Can't use the body's natural release valve for pain, better numb it with alcohol. And I can't express my issues completely so I'll bottle them up until they become depression.

If a girl gives me shit for crying during the beginning of Up, she's a monster and J don't want to date her anyway.
Exactly this. Also, you're god damn right about the beginning of up. Shit had me fucked up when I first saw it 😭

LionPride

Banned
Is that really a bad thing?
Seeing as my preference is Black, Latino/Hispanic, Asian, then white....and they all look the fuckin same up here....yes it's a very bad thing
you can't leave us hanging...share the story?

Ain't much of a story, met a girl on Tinder, met up with her the next day, chilled with her for a bit, had sex for the first time later that night. She later tells me she wants me to be a side nigga for her(not those exact words) while she is also fuckin a nigga on the ball team sayin they ain't got labels and shit

Probably gon not talk to her since she got a whole as backup makeup bag/toothbrush and the nigga's dorm and I don't need no 6'7 big ass motherfucker who gettin attached to her showin up at my door

Hmm. Double date tonight with a buddy, his girlfriend, and a Brazilian 10, then hitting up a BBQ and EDM concert tomorrow with a couple of friends, plus that Spanish dancer girl from last weekend who's definitely (lol) ending her relationship.

Meanwhile, I'm legitimately crushing hard on this paralegal from work that I'm going to ask out next week after our trial's over.

The on-again, off-again with the world peace girl is in play too.

I love how I'm not following a single damn thing I posted in my own OP. I'm also finding the very idea of online dating pointless, considering it's so much easier to just vibe with people I meet. Meet someone, make out with them, get their number. No swiping needed!

Stories for days.

Going to get dinner with a coworker (yes I know) tonight after work.

Already had a couple of lunches together, she mentioned going out on the first lunch but I was already busy that week.

Wish me luck?

Irnbru

Never understood what the big deal over men crying is. Dad was one of those macho Mexican men and he would tell me about how to carry myself like a man but he always said everyone needs to let it out and that it shouldn't be a big deal if a friend cries in front of me.

But I've definitely seen women rag on their boyfriends or their guy friends over crying. Shit is lame as fuck.

Thas because we got Chente Fendandez, everyone lets out a tear listening to those ballads. Great for breakups :'(

Blam

Yeah it's pretty stupid. Not sure why women or anyone else for the matter of fact things that men can't cry. Like it's a code they need to follow.

Hmm. Double date tonight with a buddy, his girlfriend, and a Brazilian 10, then hitting up a BBQ and EDM concert tomorrow with a couple of friends, plus that Spanish dancer girl from last weekend who's definitely (lol) ending her relationship.

Meanwhile, I'm legitimately crushing hard on this paralegal from work that I'm going to ask out next week after our trial's over.

The on-again, off-again with the world peace girl is in play too.

I love how I'm not following a single damn thing I posted in my own OP. I'm also finding the very idea of online dating pointless, considering it's so much easier to just vibe with people I meet. Meet someone, make out with them, get their number. No swiping needed!

Stories for days.
Sometimes you just have to say fuck it.

A paralegal eh? Id say be weary of ghosting.

Irnbru

I thought paralegals are lawyers that deal with paranormal stuff.
GCxKrZt.gif

Im bored. Whats the best date some of yalls ever been on?

Mine are usually a pretty basic setup. Dinner and/or a movie, pints, a walk/hike.

I went to an arcade for a date once. That was pretty cool except I think I got a little too competitive. No arcades where I live now.

I think probably the best one I have been on is when I met a girl at a chalet when I was staying at a resort on a mountain in the winter with some friends in Whistler BC. We planned to hit the mountain in the morning together. After like 4 solid hours of hitting the slopes together we went back to the chalet we met at and had some pints and food. She stayed with me in our cabin. Partied hard..
It was just fun as hell.

Never really kept in touch past a few days since she lived way too far away from me for anything realistic to happen.

I've had a lot of successful dates where it goes well but never ones where we really DO anything that make them stand out from others.

Im curious to hear some other experiences. Maybe somethkng a little out of the ordinary activity-wise. I could use some fresh ideas. Sort of getting tired with the same ol boring ass plans for dates.

The trivia night I went to with the neighbour on wednesday seems like something I'll bring a date to in the future.

Im bored. Whats the best date some of yalls ever been on?

Second date I went on with a girl, she wanted to get a new bikini, so we went to a bunch of stores where she just happened to always pick them a size too small and wanted my exact, intimate opinions on each one. After that we grabbed sushi and watched the conjuring at the cinemas.

Shame it didn't work out with her, she was awesome lol.

I'd like to take a date out for a motorcycle ride into the hinterland mountains or a jet ski ride along the beach to grab lunch on one of the islands, but my last few dates were with boring girls who "would rather spend the weekend binging netflix, to be honest". Their exact words. Insanity.

Improv show is a good date idea, highly recommend it to all. Related, took my cousin out to one tonight and she ended up as an audience participant. After the show the comedian flagged her down outside of the joint and started chatting her up and asking her if she wanted to do anything before she left town. Normally I'd say this is a creepo move but... cousin thought he was cute, so guess it worked for him. :p

Top Bottom