• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating-GAF: How much alien is ok when dating - aka 'what if Mass Effect was real'

The hottest fictional species stem from ....

• ... scifi

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • ... classic fantasy

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • ... anime

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • ... other (see posting)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • ... JESUS!

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Disclaimer: let's have fun, BUT also pls try to answer somewhat truthfully 💁

Alien species have been part in countless scifi/fantasy stories - and so has alien-human interspecies romance!

Examples are too many to name. Lots of Star Trek-stuff. Mass Effect lets you date Asari, Quarians and Turians. I just read a part in Perry Rhodan that features a shapeshifter-alien that's used as a prostitute 🙈 Then you've got anime with not just catgirls, but really monster girls of any kind. Clasic fantasy gives us elves, dwarfs, mermaids, etc..

My question to you: How 'far' would you go at dating when it comes to non-human partners? Say, mankind makes contact with aliens tomorrow, what's the kind of aesthetic that you'd find attractive and how far is it allowed to deviate from a human being? Is elf ears your limit, or can it be the reverse-mermaid with a fishhead? Tell!

As for me personally, I'd go full-furry with a Krystal-like alien species. Tbh I find species like Turians/Asari more offputting, with their weird, hard parts (Asari heads' back, eww), while Krystal would be more like having a big, sexy teddybear 🐧

Anyway, your turn! How alien do you go?

My question to you: How 'far' would you go at dating when it comes to non-human partners? Say, mankind makes contact with aliens tomorrow, what's the kind of aesthetic that you'd find attractive and how far is it allowed to deviate from a human being? Is elf ears your limit, or can it be the reverse-mermaid with a fishhead? Tell!

I did romance the blue alien girl in Mass Effect, so I guess that says something about me.

Namely that I started the series with the first game, and I didn't care to get it on with Ms space racist or asthma girl.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Kim Basinger from My Stepmother is an Alien.

Nothing more, nothing less.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Triple bitties, aesthetically pleasing and bipedal.

Some twileks are cool and the alien ladies from guardians of the galaxy I would definitely have a go.

Starfield

Argonian women are the most sexy and hot beings that exist out there. Just look at their tail, at their spürs and t h i c c scales. I want a hot argonian wife in a sexy maid outfit. ❤️

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Sign me up for snu snu at a planet of amazon women. That’s as much of an alien as I could take.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think this question is 100% dependent on just how long of a solitary space voyage I had to endure to get there :p

Simple pallet swap femmes are an easy yes (red princess of barsoom, green trek aliens). Funky foreheads or ears, easy yes (romulans and klingons, elves). Complete head swaps though......very much a maybe depending on how drunk and horny I am (ant headed girl from perdido street station, predatoress, etc). Partial females even more sketch (mermaids, nagas, centaurs and the like) but could at least get head or a handjob.

Straight up non human though, like harpies, even if fairly anthropomorphic, are a hard no go. It's not like I'm looking to hook up with a great ape or anything either.

I suspect in reality the difference in texture, odor, behavior, body temperature, and a hundred other "uncanny valley" things would limit alien amorous relations.

Last edited:
Top Bottom