• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating while being a gamer. Starting over at 40, and how women view men who play video games.

You never had chocolate before?
LOL... It was a metaphor to ethnicity". My neighbor is a black guy, I'm a white guy, he will have a lot of family and friends there. Never had the chance..

Well Except for a time in my party years(20s) where I was offered sex from a woman who had one too many and I refused as I wasnt about to cheat on my girlfriend at the time, even if I was high as a kite.

Ownage

I picked up WoW again after 6 years because 1. the pandemic and 2. most new TV content sucks. My current gf, who's in her 30s, is very down to playing as well. I'm in my mid 40s and have zero fucks on much of anything anymore. We only play occasionally but it's fun to see them excited when playing Sleeping Dogs or whatnot.

Plenty of cool, fun and good looking women out there who will want to game with you.

Last edited:
I’m 43 and got a divorce 2 years ago. My ex-wife didn’t want to be a mother anymore and wanted nothing to do with our child. I left and took my little girl. I retired when I was 28 and I took all the wealth because I made it all before we got married. I have given up on dating till my dd is older. I think I’m incapable of actually loving someone now.
That's crazy. What type of mother abandons their own kid?

Well, maybe I know.. my ex got pregnant a month after we split and had a new kid 9/10 months later. She let her new bf move in who was half her age, he doesn't work and has 4 kids from 4 different moms which he doesn't see or support, a real deadbeat. He tried flirting with my step daughter on Facebook and offered my stepson who was 15 at the time weed and beer. This dude is 24 and using my ex for the house most likely as she kept that.

Anyway both kids no longer live with her. She got a dumpster and threw out all his belongings so he came home from school to that. She told him he was ruining her life with her new boyfriend and needed to leave. My step daughter told my ex that the new guy was flirting with her(she was 16) and my ex didn't belive her. Shit fell apart after I left, apparently. They both are living with grand parents now as I have no legal gaudianship any more.

So I can see that that type of behavior happens, but I don't understand it. I wasn't even biological father and I raised them like they were. Turned them into good kids and they grew up respectful. I cared for them more than their own mom ever did. I'm just glad I pulled out and never had a kid with her. She fleeced her ex 350/week in child support... Not no more as those kids are gone. Sad. You put life into this world you need to man/woman up and do right by them.

Rat Rage

Plenty of cool, fun and good looking women out there who will want to game with you.

tumblr_pwz4e4r2Qu1uorz8zo4_540.gifv

BigBooper

LOL.. Nope. I keep meeting people who can't talk worth shit on text. Either that or they are so loaded with other prospects they keep their response short.

I ask questions to them, try to find out details for more things to converse with. I sometimes make a little humor tell something benign about myself or something to pique interest. Then when I ask them questions I get responses like this:

Went to work, I'm fine.

Or one even asked me a series of questions about movies and music, I replied back in detial and never got a response back so I said f it, for that one.

Another I was having a convo with. Then I found out she was recently divorce after 6 months marriage... To a woman. She didn't have a job, she didn't have a car. She was living with a friend and said she paid rent by giving massages. Thsy she just got done giving her roommate a 45min massage. I don't know if it was a guy or a gal and didn't press it, although I made an attempt to ask for a massage ans she pipes back sure $75, all serious about it. Like b you ain't licensed, I can get a professional for that kind of money.

Any question I asked her again was little detail back. Simple snippy 4 word responses. Yet I would take effort to make interesting dialog. It was like they didn't know how to read or their time for a detailed response wasn't worth it. So I bailed.

I've had about 5 prospects and they never get to the meeting phase due to the issues like above. If you aren't putting effort into to talking to me, why should I?

The crazy thing is non of these women were ones I chose from the app. They all chose me first. So you would think they would be a little eager, nope. I am wondering if it's just Facebook typr women being the issue. Maybe a better app/site.

As for churches or meet ups, most are still closed in the Philly suburb area.

I'm going to my neighbors BBQ this week and maybe I'll have some prospects there. Get out of my comfort zone and talk to people in real life. May get to sample some chocolate (which Ive never had) and if not will get some good grub and alcohol.

Otherwise I'm going to just do my thing and try out some dog parks (problem with those is most women there are married. Single ladies usually have cats not dogs). It also depends on the locale. Some areas have snobby stuck up people (the kind that drive porche/bmv suvs, Lexus, etc) compared to a down to earth working class neighborhood where people are more friendly.
Dude, you need to ditch the idea that it's a message board or chat room. Don't try to have conversations, just get the basics, get a picture, and then meet in person. Also, never tried chocolate? That's simply amazing at 40. You need to get out in public asap.

*I saw your chocolate reply, lol.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
LOL.. Nope. I keep meeting people who can't talk worth shit on text. Either that or they are so loaded with other prospects they keep their response short.

I ask questions to them, try to find out details for more things to converse with. I sometimes make a little humor tell something benign about myself or something to pique interest. Then when I ask them questions I get responses like this:

Went to work, I'm fine.

Or one even asked me a series of questions about movies and music, I replied back in detial and never got a response back so I said f it, for that one.

Another I was having a convo with. Then I found out she was recently divorce after 6 months marriage... To a woman. She didn't have a job, she didn't have a car. She was living with a friend and said she paid rent by giving massages. Thsy she just got done giving her roommate a 45min massage. I don't know if it was a guy or a gal and didn't press it, although I made an attempt to ask for a massage ans she pipes back sure $75, all serious about it. Like b you ain't licensed, I can get a professional for that kind of money.

Any question I asked her again was little detail back. Simple snippy 4 word responses. Yet I would take effort to make interesting dialog. It was like they didn't know how to read or their time for a detailed response wasn't worth it. So I bailed.

I've had about 5 prospects and they never get to the meeting phase due to the issues like above. If you aren't putting effort into to talking to me, why should I?

The crazy thing is non of these women were ones I chose from the app. They all chose me first. So you would think they would be a little eager, nope. I am wondering if it's just Facebook typr women being the issue. Maybe a better app/site.

As for churches or meet ups, most are still closed in the Philly suburb area.

I'm going to my neighbors BBQ this week and maybe I'll have some prospects there. Get out of my comfort zone and talk to people in real life. May get to sample some chocolate (which Ive never had) and if not will get some good grub and alcohol.

Otherwise I'm going to just do my thing and try out some dog parks (problem with those is most women there are married. Single ladies usually have cats not dogs). It also depends on the locale. Some areas have snobby stuck up people (the kind that drive porche/bmv suvs, Lexus, etc) compared to a down to earth working class neighborhood where people are more friendly.
Literally just say ‘wow your hot, do you want to meet up for a drink’ to 20 women and you’ll have more luck than trying to ask them deep questions about their lives.

Catphish

I’m 48, and just finalized my divorce a couple of weeks ago. My last couple of relationships were such shit shows that I think I’d be perfectly happy never being with another woman as long as I remain on this planet. More time and money for the things I want to do (like simracing!) and zero fucking headaches.

From my perspective, it’s smooth sailing for you, mate, once you learn how to do it solo.

OK when is the right time to ask for a number or date? I try to talk to people first and get to know them on messages first and I get snippy shirt responses like they don't have the time to talk. Should I be direct with the number thing up front to get on a call? I guess some people don't like conversations over messenger.
Trying to chat up women on dating apps is like trying to have a decent conversation with a person on twitter. Its full off the dregs of humanity but there are genuine pockets of decent people on it.

I can only speak from experience but i had tons more success by talking to people for a day then offering to meet up for a date. If they say no or seem uninterested, say your goodbyes and move on. The longer i hung onto messaging people without actually meeting they more disinterested both of us became. Just like twitter, there is millions of usernames on the internet that do not stand out. The key is meeting people to show what makes you desirable.

Basically thats it. Dating apps are a matching tool, nothing more. Match with someone, have a quick chat to see if its someone you want to meet and then try hitting them up with a date. Grow a thick skin, dont judge people too hard before you meet them, and dont waste your time with dickheads.

Dating can be fun but its a mine field sieving through the mental patients. Don’t take it too serious. The girl for you may be X number of matches and dates away.

Last edited:
Literally just say ‘wow your hot, do you want to meet up for a drink’ to 20 women and you’ll have more luck than trying to ask them deep questions about their lives.
So in other words these ladies who always go on about wanting communication and deep conversations and meaningful dialog are full of crap and are really just wanting some superficial response telling them they are hot or beautiful.

You know they should day that instead you here many complain about guys doing just that.

Banjo64

cumsessed
So in other words these ladies who always go on about wanting communication and deep conversations and meaningful dialog are full of crap and are really just wanting some superficial response telling them they are hot or beautiful.

You know they should day that instead you here many complain about guys doing just that.
You got it in one mate. Push as many boundaries as you can within the realms of cheek e.g ‘why did you swipe on my profile’ - ‘because you’ve got great tits’.

No one wants a boring safe ‘nice guy’, we all want a bit of adventure in our lives but no one is going to say at work ‘yeah I just want some thick d-bag who’s hot to fuck me like a bimbo’ are they?

Likewise I wouldn’t say ‘I just want to fuck a plastic bimbo barbie looking chick with plastic tits’ because there’s an unspoken rule about admitting you like plenty of make up etc.

Last edited:
I’m 48, and just finalized my divorce a couple of weeks ago. My last couple of relationships were such shit shows that I think I’d be perfectly happy never being with another woman as long as I remain on this planet. More time and money for the things I want to do (like simracing!) and zero fucking headaches.

From my perspective, it’s smooth sailing for you, mate, once you learn how to do it solo.
Yeah I was just like that for the first year after separation too. Just when my pops died, covid hit, not having brothers or sisters and having one close living relative left, getting up in age has me thinking... "shit I may up getting old with no one.". Not a pleasant thought.

Then the urges for companionship come when seeing others at the park or what not holding hands walking togeather, making out, etc.. Plus the sexual desires (well thsy part can be saitied temporarily by a 5 min trip to one of a million pron sites), still not the same though.

I may just call it quits on the app unless someone hits me that really blows my mind. Also being single its much easier to pay off debt and actually save some money.

nush

Gold Member
Dating can be fun but its a mine field sieving through the mental patients

Isn't that the truth, the dating apps make a great place for them to hide because if you met them otherwise in the real world you'd see the crazy right away and bail. The thing is in the case of women is that they never learn why guys keep bailing as there's a constant stream of guys in her DM's.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Isn't that the truth, the dating apps make a great place for them to hide because if you met them otherwise in the real world you'd see the crazy right away and bail. The thing is in the case of women is that they never learn why guys keep bailing as there's a constant stream of guys in her DM's.
In fairness, women on dating apps are also burnt the fuck out because guys on dating apps are dogs. It's hard for a lot of guys to make a choice and settle down when they have a seemingly infinite faucet of women to choose from. We're not wired for that.

StormCell

I seriously don't get this "internet dating" thing. I wasn't on board with it 15 years ago and I still wouldn't be. Why? Because I don't see the advantage.

You're much better off finding social activities to fill your schedule and meet girls doing activities you're mildly interested in.

This swipe culture just sounds like it has reduced introductions down to a resume of sorts.

What I wouldn't ever do is compete for a woman who is already being approached by hundreds of men. At least in person I've reduced my competition somewhat.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I don't envy you recently singled 40y.o's or 50y.o. for that matter, I'm a fucking kick in arse of 50myself with 1 divorce to my name but so far wifey no.2 seems to be the real deal and likes to read with her legs on me when I game so barring anything ontoward cropping up I can see this one lasting the course.

But to hit the dating scene at our advanced ages(lol) it must be a fucking eye-opener seeing as everyone we know has all settled down and we don't party like we used too but the way I see it is there's plenty of women in the same boat who have came out of awful relationships with fellas and are looking for Mr Normal and I guess they're gonna hit up the apps and initially go looking for Mr Perfect (who doesn't exist online cause he's in a bloody relationship) so my bet would be to ignore what they're looking for and if you somewhat fit the bill just hit them up with an old fashioned do you fancy a date after 1 or 2 messages, balls to that goto the movies or dinner, keep it simple.... DAY DRINKING! sat afternoon nice bar few drinks nothing crazy and the alcohol can take the edge of the nerves for both of you, it gives you both the excuse if it ain't working that you've other things you need to do and off you go or if you guys hit it off, you can grab an impromptu lunch and continue drinking and getting to know each other.

Personally and from my experience after the 1st marriage imploded I found the above to be the best way to meet someone, some I hit it off with and we ended up spending the entire day and evening on the piss and back at mine/theirs and some we simply grabbed lunch and then went our separate ways but it was a damn sight easier and more craic to meet complete and utter strangers with a a few pints down our necks, it's how I ended up with Mrs no.2 we ended up in a epic bender lol and if you don't drink.. well go walk a mountain or whatever you crazy non drinking folk do instead

TastyPastry

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion on this site, but women wanting to avoid men who spend a lot of time gaming seems like a reasonable position to me, especially in their 40s. Overall, gaming isn't really a healthy hobby to have; it correlates with poor physical fitness, poor mental health and low ambition in life. Yes there's plenty of exceptions to that but I don't think it's unreasonable for women to have a negative view of men who are hung up on video games.

someone should make a female approved list of hobbies a man is allowed to have

Loope

This will be my stance if i ever find myself in this position.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I have been married for 14 years. Some have been more difficult than others, but overall a great experience. I have been playing games the entire time. My wife does not play games at all. But we are aligned spiritually, economically, and socially. About 7 or 8 years she was bothered by my gaming, and I just kept playing. I would address it logically, Why are you upset about me playing a game, but not watching a show? Why do you care about how I spend my evening if we aren't doing something together? I made sure I spent time with her, and she doesn't care if I play a game. But there is compromise involved.

Now about all the political stuff. I would not begin to date someone I was so diametrically different then.

If I got divorced or my wife died, I don't think I would date or get married again.

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member
When I was a drunk stupid young lady a guy once told me he builds historically accurate viking boats as a hobby and got me into bed with that.

Today I'm wondering if he was literally and un-literally fucking with me.

:pie_thinking:

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

When I was a drunk stubid young lady a guy once told me he builds historically accurate viking boats as a hobby and got me into bed with that.

Like, models or seaworthy vessels?

Raven117

Gold Member
I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion on this site, but women wanting to avoid men who spend a lot of time gaming seems like a reasonable position to me, especially in their 40s. Overall, gaming isn't really a healthy hobby to have; it correlates with poor physical fitness, poor mental health and low ambition in life. Yes there's plenty of exceptions to that but I don't think it's unreasonable for women to have a negative view of men who are hung up on video games.
Lol. Dude, it comes down to simply whether a person is well rounded. Only play WOW for 14 hours a day and never see sunlight? Probably not a lot in common with many women.

play video games but also, know something about wine, art, sports/women’s sports/pop literature/ classical literature/ travel/ food/ music. Any combination above, and it will all be fine.

It’s not about playing video games. It’s about playing video games to the exclusion of other things and limiting your own world.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
When I was a drunk stubid young lady a guy once told me he builds historically accurate viking boats as a hobby and got me into bed with that.

Jesus woman surely the first thing outa your mouth after bumping uglies would've been "alright lad show us yer longboat"

SF Kosmo

I seriously don't get this "internet dating" thing. I wasn't on board with it 15 years ago and I still wouldn't be. Why? Because I don't see the advantage.

You're much better off finding social activities to fill your schedule and meet girls doing activities you're mildly interested in.

This swipe culture just sounds like it has reduced introductions down to a resume of sorts.

What I wouldn't ever do is compete for a woman who is already being approached by hundreds of men. At least in person I've reduced my competition somewhat.
The advantages are pretty obvious, it's a menu of available women.

By your mid-late 30s, odd are your social circle is smaller than it was and flirting with strangers is a lot less acceptable outside of certain places people expect it, like bars. Maybe you make a connection with a stranger at the gym or doing some activity once in a while (and those are probably more likely to be good connections) but how often does that happen, really?

But you can go on a dating app and line up as many dates as you can fit in your schedule if you really want. Might be quantity over quality but plenty of guys see quantity as an advantage...

Last edited:

Hatemachine

Banned
Don't get salty. This is a thread about a guy wanting to attract women in his 40s. Women aren't required to find video game playing attractive, and there are valid reasons for it. If a woman devoted a lot of her free time to watching reality TV and discussing it in Facebook groups, I would be equally turned off.

Last edited:

StormCell

The advantages are pretty obvious, it's a menu of available women.

By your mid-late 30s, odd are your social circle is smaller than it was and flirting with strangers is a lot less acceptable outside of certain places people expect it, like bars. Maybe you make a connection with a stranger at the gym or doing some activity once in a while (and those are probably more likely to be good connections) but how often does that happen, really?

But you can go on a dating app and line up as many dates as you can fit in your schedule if you really want. Might be quantity over quality but plenty of guys see quantity as an advantage...
Okay, I get that. I'm sure it works just fine for people. I just find the whole idea counter-intuitive for folks who get about and have a community. Too much of this thing called life is moving onto the internet.

StormCell

Don't get salty. This is a thread about a guy wanting to attract women in his 40s. Women aren't required to find video game playing attractive, and there are valid reasons for it. If a woman devoted a lot of her free time to watching reality TV and discussing it in Facebook groups, I would be equally turned off.
I've never written one of these dating profiles, but I know two things I damn sure would not broadcast: 1) spends lots of time on ass mashing buttons, 2) spends lots of time on ass watching TV. :LOL:

I can think of a third one. 3) Spends lots of time sitting on ass doing nothing.

I prefer 4) Spends lots of time on ass on boat catching fish. But I have a feeling that one won't win many hearts either.

C'mon GAF. You gotta do better than this with the dating profiles. Market yourself! Think about what sounds fun for a lady -- and I'm not talking about between the sheets, that'll come after the pottery painting and sipping fine wine! :messenger_winking:

It is unlikely that single guys over 40 years old can really blame video games for their lack of success with women. Most women are fine with gaming as long as you have other qualities that can show them you know how to be in a functional adult relationship.

I wouldn’t look specifically for a woman who likes video games, because regardless of them liking games or not it’s their personality that’ll be the ultimate factor.

The last ex-girlfriend I had before meeting my wife was a “gamer,” but also a modern feminist with daddy issues, and she had some sort of mental issues as well that she used as a crutch for her shitty attitude/behavior. She was also a huge hypocrite. If I played games “too much” it was a problem. But if she played Kingdom Hearts all day that was okay. We barely ever played anything together because she would say most of the games I liked were bad.

If she wanted to spend $200 on a new dress, then that was okay because it was “her money.” Yet if I merely said I was thinking about buying a game that was on sale for $20, she’d flip out and say I was bad with “our money.” She was super controlling.

She would complain about how bad her life is, and if I ever interjected with (what I thought was constructive conversation), she’d lash out at me and say she didn’t need my opinion, and I shouldn’t “tell her how to feel.”

Honestly I think she just kept me around to vent at and have sex with.
I put up with it way longer than I should have and in the end she ditched me for some younger guy who had rich parents.

You gotta find a girl that isn’t a controlling neurotic mess, regardless of whether she plays games or not.

kaiju

In my mid-40's, luckily my wife tolerates my gaming but I have to be careful when and how much I play.

I almost lost her during my p99 EQ addiction a few years ago.

Good luck guys.

TastyPastry

i'd rather stay single and occasionally fuck an escort than pick my hobbies after what women find attractive or not. he plays games in his leisure time, why does he need to be attractive to any woman during his leisure time?

Hatemachine

Banned
i'd rather stay single and occasionally fuck an escort than pick my hobbies after what women find attractive or not. he plays games in his leisure time, why does he need to be attractive to any woman during his leisure time?
He can do whatever he wants during his leisure time. And people can form their own opinions of other people based on how they spend their leisure time. The beauty of free will.

Last edited:

OrtizTwelve

I was married for 10 years. I had two step kids that I raised with my ex-wife and I gamed with them all the time. Especially my step son. My ex-wife hated console/pc gaming, and I didn't even bring it up until we lived together.
She was always jealous of me gaming or even walking the dog, hell she was jealous of me spending time with her kids. Yet spending time with her near the end was a drag.
We were vastly different. i had done all my "partying" years before, and was more into a stay at home and play some video games, watch a movie or go out to the woods, lake, mountain or beach.
She was into gossiping with female friends, facebook, candy crush, social mobile games, wine tasting, going out to eat all the time and complaining.
Needless to say we split a year ago as our differences were too much. Resentment had kicked in and she brought negative energy just being around her.

She hated console gaming but spent more time gaming then I did, just on facebook with words with friends, and candy crush, etc.. She couldn't' get past that since i wasn't doing it socially and casually it was like a toy, a childs passing. Her friends didn't understand it and also had similar views. To them they would rather us men be out drinking at a bar and getting sloshed watching sports ball, than playing games and having fun. I remember she would be mad if I bought games to the point i had to hide doing so, just to not have to get into a fight. Towards the end I just didn't care and bought what I wanted.

Fast forward a year, the ex is out, i am riddled with debt, but i am free. I have my dog, and gaming platforms, (Ps2,3,4,classic,vita, psp, Switch, ds,3ds, 2 gaming pcs, ).
I am happy but lonely. I yearn for the touch of a woman (i don't even mean sex, i mean a kiss, affection, companionship, etc). I'm 41, and this has been the longest time i have been single since I was 14 years old (its been 1 year now).
I go on dating sites like facebook dating, but every woman there, today seems so demanding. I found my ex-wife on online dating and I don't remember the profiles being like they are today.
I actually see shit like "No video games" or bs politics. "Feminist, Belive in science, black lives matter, pro abortion, open borders, fuck drumph, if you aren't for that get out".... or demands "32 year old woman who knows what she wants. If you can't take care of me and take me on trips to Paris and Italy and treat me like the queen i am then don't bother."

I see all these women with crap like this in their profiles but none seem humble, and it honestly turns me off. I don't want an activist, I want a partner and someone to love who will love me back. Many of these profile women, all seem covered in an obscene amount of ink (I have no problem with modest tattoos but too much is not attractive). They actively hate gaming, are infected with slogans and seem to push out an aura of entitlement. Full of themselves, making demands. Instead of looking for a partner in life they are looking for someone to control, to mold to worship them. I seen some of this when i was 30 online but not like today. Never seen the anti video games and pro activist bs so present in these profiles. There are a few that are not like this, that seem humble, into the outdoors, nature and not crazy types but those like that are usually super hot, lawyers or doctors and way out of my league, so I don't even bother with them (I fix computers and networks for a living, make under 50k a year, and a study went out that rich women won't date men who make less than them, so why even bother.) Maybe it's just Facebook dating, and other online dating sites are better?

This makes me seriously envious when I hear stories of women playing video games with their husbands. I see people on here buying consoles for their wives, or playing games with their girlfriend.. Are all those type of women taken already, and I am just looking at the stuck up leftovers? Or is this a younger generation thing where women under 30 are fine with gaming and such activities but the ones my age think of it as childs toy and men who are into it as children. I only was with one woman who was into gaming (she was actually into magic the gathering, d&d, dogs, nature and everything i was), problem was she was also into hardcore drugs and partying like i was (back in the late 90s early 2000s) and she never sobered up and stayed in that scene and eventually died.

Just curious where people found spouses/partners who game. Were they supportive of it, or was their pushback from them on it. How did you find them? Does anyone else have issues with dating today or relationships where the other person hates your gaming hobby? Any women out there, and if so what is your perspective on this?
Good luck to you man. Dating is hard when over 40, but as a man you have an upper hand with likely younger women and more options as compared to being a woman. There should be some women that really could care less if you play games or not, it's your character that matters.

The hard part is navigating the online world of it. The hard truth is the large majority of women single, unmarried, or divorced in your age range are likely basket cases. Be careful.

TastyPastry

He can do whatever he wants during his leisure time. And people can form their own opinions of other people based on how they spend their leisure time. The beauty of free will.

i exercised my free will with my ex who i was in a relationship for 6 months when i blocked her on every social media account i have. best decision i've ever made. her very attractive female hobbies were as follows

- binge watching shows on netflix
- spending money on clothing (and taking pictures of them for instagram)
- spending money on expensive restaurants (and taking pictures of the food for instagram)
- being "social" (going to places to be seen by other people and taking pictures for her instagram)
- going to the "gym" (doing cardio for 10 minutes then talking to other peoplel and taking pictures for her instagram)
- "cooking" (making the same curry everytime and posting pictures of it on instagram)

she also got triggered everytime i turned on my computer and told me i'm wasting my time. the thing is though i never once told her that she can't or shouldn't do what's fun to her. if women would get put under the same scrutiny as men for their hobbies.. oh boy

Last edited:

tsumake

i exercised my free will with my ex who i was in a relationship for 6 months when i blocked her on every social media account i have. best decision i've ever made. her very attractive female hobbies were as follows

- binge watching shows on netflix
- spending money on clothing (and taking pictures of them for instagram)
- spending money on expensive restaurants (and taking pictures of the food for instagram)
- being "social" (going to places to be seen by other people and taking pictures for her instagram)
- going to the "gym" (doing cardio for 10 minutes then talking to other peoplel and taking pictures for her instagram)
- "cooking" (making the same curry everytime and posting pictures of it on instagram)

she also got triggered everytime i turned on my computer and told me i'm wasting my time. the thing is though i never once told her that she can't or shouldn't do what's fun to her. if women would get put under the same scrutiny as men for their hobbies.. oh boy

Sounds like classic narcissism.

lachesis

Well, not sure if this applicable in U.S., but here's ones that they don't like in Japan

yXaOWAQ.jpg

Here's another one from S. Korea... on how girls see men's hobby.
FOcs2gM.jpg

So...
XfrXH2C.jpg

This, Not a dinky fishing boat, but actual yacht, I guess.

Some interesting cultural differences how they see the hobbies in Asia.

Top Bottom